• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
mate? where have you been? sometimes u need to realize that zel works quite hard and has been working a long time on this hack, u seem an intelligent person however, so i'll make this blunt.

The hack is clearly a hit already and he is giving it his all. And there is no sight of "Official" 2nd gen remakes from nintendo. Believe me mate, I keep tabs on all things gaming and nintendo will most likely remake them someday but there isn't any signs atm
no sight you have to be kidding me you havent heard about the region programming diamond or any of the other evidence like the name copyrighting

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Will the new Region be released in one Beta or will it be like anywhere else and split up into two or three?

Are you intending to have anymore anime influence? I've noticed small ammounts (eg. Ashley, Team Rocket) but I was curious whether there would be anymore.

Keep Hacking :)

After the B6 which leads to Mt.Silver, the next release, which is the final, will contain this new region (dont hope for much, if you remember it was just two islands, well, the next release only uses one of the two islands)

About anime references, maybe, maybe not, it'll depend on the moment, that's the thing/problem of not having everything planned as if it were a movie script (which is something I'll do next hack), it may also depend on the location.
But, in terms of new rivals, there wont be any more anime references.

Hey, zel. I have an idea to maximze the music slots in FireRed.

Instead of using three songs in the Intro Message part of the game, use only one, and I am suggesting the GSC Menu Theme for that.

But, still, the game would play the tracks that are replaced there instead, so when you press the button to start the Oak intro, that changed music would start to sound briefly before switching to Oak (changing that gives me the impression of requiring ASM)
But I think there are more slots, somewhere. Lets not worry about that for now, once I get stuck we'll see...

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
i cant get my shiny gold rom to work..i got the gba emulator wats happening?

The Shiny Gold file isn't a ROM. It's a patch. You need an original FireRed ROM to use the patch. There's a link in the first post of this thread that tells you how to get it to work.

DarkReborn

Grand Nagus
Years
Hi to all, this is my first post in these forums, but actually I'm an Admiral in terms of Forums :D

First, I would like to congratulate Zel for this incredible hack. I've played a lot hacks (going back to that excellent Pokémon Red hack, Pokémon Brown I think it was named), and this is, by far, one of the best ones. G/S/C is one of my favourite Pokémon generations (My favourite feature overall was travelling from Jotho to Kanto, in the same game and seeing how much, or how much little, has changed all). You (and the people who helped you) have done a great work here, translating the G/S/C feeling to the new R/S/E/RF/GL Engine + adding some new things that spice up the already great game experience. Even if it still is an incomplete beta, it's a great work. I'm really looking forward the next beta and finally beating up Red's ass.

Sorry if I'm going a bit fanboy here, but this is a great work and I encourage you to continue it, while of course, paying more attention to your studies/personal life, that's far more important.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
First, I would like to congratulate Zel for this incredible hack. I've played a lot hacks (going back to that excellent Pokémon Red hack, Pokémon Brown I think it was named), and this is, by far, one of the best ones. G/S/C is one of my favourite Pokémon generations (My favourite feature overall was travelling from Jotho to Kanto, in the same game and seeing how much, or how much little, has changed all). You (and the people who helped you) have done a great work here, translating the G/S/C feeling to the new R/S/E/RF/GL Engine + adding some new things that spice up the already great game experience. Even if it still is an incomplete beta, it's a great work. I'm really looking forward the next beta and finally beating up Red's ass.
Heh, not to ruin your long post with a short one, but everyone that has stayed at this forum for a while knows that. This is probably one of the best hacks out there. Zel has added many new graphics, new scripts, and new features.

I think Zel is aware that most people think what you've just said. :x

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
In trick puzzle IX, I found a way to get stuck forever...except I haven't played that part in awhile so I forgot how it works exactly. I think it involves using the warp tiles so that you can't backtrack because there's a cuttable tree in the way of a pushing boulder that you'd need to cross to get back, or something like that. Anyone else ever run into such a situation?

Also, I notice there was a way to cut half the Victory Road short; when you reach the area where you'd normally fight the rival (and should go south and down the ladder on the first trip), instead you push the right boulder up and break the rock, then push the left boulder back left far enough until the right boulder's position resets; the rock will still remain broken, however. Then push the right boulder to the right and then reach the exit.

Chuck's Poliwrath in the X version also seems kind of low levelled compared to the rest of the opponents you fight.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
It's fantastic. Shiny Gold is back. Perhaps the only reason I'm still here.
Please continue to work. At the moment, your the only one who will answer the dogs of fans screaming for an updated G/S.

Years
hey zel something happened to the tm/hm case when i checked it in azalea town........there are lots of "?" marks and wierd stuff........then when i try to exit the bag the whole game goes crazy and random things appear........please help me find a solution

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
hey zel something happened to the tm/hm case when i checked it in azalea town........there are lots of "?" marks and wierd stuff........then when i try to exit the bag the whole game goes crazy and random things appear........please help me find a solution

Actually, this is often caused
by Gamesharking/Action Replaying in
Firered Hacks, At least it has happened
to me some times :P

The updates are looking great Zel,
The first 5 Betas, were great and I expect
as much from the 6th (that is coming soon I hope)
Keep up the good work ;)

//44tim44

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Suberb, it must be said. (ups, sorry drake)

Just some questions:
1-Although u dont need 2 trade 2 evolve, CAN we trade from FR\LG\R\S\E or even SG to SG ?

2-Can it be played in vbagx?

3-Can it be said the all 386 r present if we cant get them (mew & jirachi dont count as answers)?

4-zel could u put a "POKE SLOWPOKE WITH STICK" attack in the starters? plz?

5-I know this takes time but will we be able to play the final version as boredom killer in the new school year (plz my grades need decreasing)?

RED ULL BURN IN... ahhhh... GOLD! SHINY GOLD! YEAH THATS RIGHT! DONT CRY! (sorry...)

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Are we gonna see any legendary events linked with a rival or whatever( townsperson.)

Are we gonna see hyrdo cannon for the starters.e.t.c

^^
1- Not rse until b6.

2- I dunno.

3-I think so.

4-Zel's just gonna have normal attacks.

5- Real life is more important.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Are we gonna see any legendary events linked with a rival or whatever( townsperson.)

Are we gonna see hyrdo cannon for the starters.e.t.c

^^
1- Not rse until b6.

2- I dunno.

3-I think so.

4-Zel's just gonna have normal attacks.

5- Real life is more important.

just joking... but now really i know its hard 2 predict but can we have the final v in august?

i tried it in vbagx (wichby the way its a emu for mobiles) it runs but doesnt save
zel since u stated that ure going thru the game with save states ONLY can u make it possible to go thru the ENTIRE game that way?

Last edited:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
just joking... but now really i know its hard 2 predict but can we have the final v in august?

i tried it in vbagx (wichby the way its a emu for mobiles) it runs but doesnt save
zel since u stated that ure going thru the game with save states ONLY can u make it possible to go thru the ENTIRE game that way?

No, you can't beat the E4 unless you have the ability to use normal saves. The final beta will almost certainly no be ready in August. Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them

True.

I wish people would stop asking for them, the reason why lots of products are so shoddy like Windows Vista (it had an enormous amount of bugs) and similar things is probably due to the fact they give release dates. Thus they have to rush to meet the release date, heck Kraid could have been in Metroid Prime (he was planned to be in it) but there wasn't enough time; probably because they gave a release date. Without release dates products are a lot better, besides even if this principle was all false release dates can't be given for hacks and open source projects because the authors do these things on their own spare time and not for a living.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2008
you sir a god to me right now i have been wanting a gsc remake so badly glad i took the 20 in or so to find everything and get it set up im off to lvl mah cyndayquil

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
I hope you got and read my pm Zel, and not just discarded it as a 'fan mail'

anyway I would like to offer my help in mapping and spriting...so whatever you need, I can facilitate...

the hack looks nice, but I see several (minor) errors, when I can post images Ill show them

Back