• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Two weeks until our final corocoro (unless we get scans on October 11th or 12th) if we're lucky and get it four days early. Hopefully these rumors we be confirmed as either real or false.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Do you think that the 2DS release date at the same time than Pokemon X/Y is a gimmick to sell it for those who can't afford a 3ds to play Pokemon ?

blue

gucci
Years
Do you think that the 2DS release date at the same time than Pokemon X/Y is a gimmick to sell it for those who can't afford a 3ds to play Pokemon ?

I thought that too, with the 2DS being available in both Red & Blue and having the same release date as Pokémon X & Y, I wouldn't be surprised if they came as a bundle for those who haven't already got a 3DS but are looking for a slightly less expensive option maybe.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
2DS is for kids and parents to buy for kids. Pokemon is a game for kids. The lower price will allow Pokemon's target audience, 10 year olds, to play the new games by lowering the Cost of Entry.

Also, being the cheapest handheld will be an advantage. There are adults unwilling to upgrade to the 3DS and this might be the answer for the answer for them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Sorry to bring bad news guys but that pokemon from the screenshot is Politoed.

I took a higher resolution screen shot and matched it with Politoed(its the only frontal pic I could find), its very similar.

hocua.jpg

Even if the image is stretched out by the motion blur you can recognized the spiral marking and the yellow hands. If you look even closer on the top of the pokemon you will notice a faint blue color which is the antenna and also the pink cheeks are slightly visible. This is just a Politoed with its mouth open, sorry guys :/.

Years
Sorry to bring bad news guys but that pokemon from the screenshot is Politoed.

I took a higher resolution screen shot and matched it with Politoed(its the only frontal pic I could find), its very similar.

hocua.jpg

Even if the image is stretched out by the motion blur you can recognized the spiral marking and the yellow hands. If you look even closer on the top of the pokemon you will notice a faint blue color which is the antenna and also the pink cheeks are slightly visible. This is just a Politoed with its mouth open, sorry guys :/.

Yes, it does look like a politoed.
Hope that the weird pokemon in the first trailer is a new one.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
So the 2DS is definitely going to be cheaper than the 3DS? Does anyone know is it by much or by lots??? :/

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I believe the 2DS is $129.99, the 3DS $169.99 and the 3DS XL $199.99.

Ah that's pretty affordable actually! I like it anyway.

In terms of design, it's pretty clunky but If it's cheaper it's pretty cool :) I think they'll definitely have a bundle for XY releases anyway..

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
The 2ds will be my affordable 2nd hand second console for when I want to trade with myself, simple. It's perfect for doing that job.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Here the specs comparison of the consoles:
http://i.imgur.com/OAsKtJu.png

It may be cheaper but it only have the mono on it except if you use headphones. Also no power saving mode, so the battery will deplete faster than 3DS and 3DS XL. Another problem is it can't fold so the screen may be easily broken compared to 3DS and 3DS XL.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Here the specs comparison of the consoles:
http://i.imgur.com/OAsKtJu.png

It may be cheaper but it only have the mono on it except if you use headphones. Also no power saving mode, so the battery will deplete faster than 3DS and 3DS XL. Another problem is it can't fold so the screen may be easily broken compared to 3DS and 3DS XL.

Ha! That's kinda ironic since its suppose be a 3DS designed for very young children.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Okay, this is what I see, it might help get across how I am seeing a goat-like pokemon. But I could also see this being some sort of quadruped or a different sort. I do see the eevee, with a wig reference as well. haha
6mv8.png
bvu6.jpg

Its size seems to be a little smaller than all the regular Gogoat. Maybe it could be their pre-evolution? Either that, or it could be some sort of a dog-like Pokémon just like people have mentioned. Its eyes look a little a big, so maybe it could be a puppy? Most puppy Pokémon do have big eyes, after all~

Years
Its size seems to be a little smaller than all the regular Gogoat. Maybe it could be their pre-evolution? Either that, or it could be some sort of a dog-like Pokémon just like people have mentioned. Its eyes look a little a big, so maybe it could be a puppy? Most puppy Pokémon do have big eyes, after all~

I'm afraid that it has almost certainly been proven to be a Politoed as seen below.

hocua.jpg

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
. And maybe like a bug legendary like Queen Butterfly with a giant wings.....
Queen+Butterfly.jpg

A butterfly legendary will be awesome!

Aw yeah, I'd love to have a legendary Mothra 'mon. that would be awesome. :D

Maybe the legendary duo can be a Moth representing souls (or another aspect of death as long as it's something different from Yvetal) and a Butterfly that represents dreams.

Or the buttery could respresent hope and the moth despair.

No reason to have MORE moths and butterflies.

Don't you guys remember that Volcarona already exists?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I thought it was a legend myself, I guess it's simply a Pseudo then?
Also, on the topic of butterflies, Butterfree, totes deserves a Mega.
It's not a Pseudo either, it's bst doesn't meet the standards in order to be labled a Pseudo legendary.

I think Beautifly should get one too...as well as the other regional bugs. Beedrill could use one...

Back