The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I would never, they annoy me in the water and I only catch them for the Pokédex completion.
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Para-Dox

I only really caught luvdisc while farming for heart scales, and that was before I had a pokemon with the move theif to get the heart scales.
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
I only really caught luvdisc while farming for heart scales, and that was before I had a pokemon with the move theif to get the heart scales.
nnnnnnnnnnn

I never thought to use thief to get the scales. Now Imma steal this tactic from you :D
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Luvdisc isn't so great at all... I only caught them for the Pokedex and Heart Scales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
Honestly, why didn't I think of doing this when I was younger at the time? *sigh* It's so much simpler than catching them! haha
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
I really liked it the first time I encountered it. I never used one though, looks a bit weak...and too pink. xD
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Negix

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
I never really had a thing for it. The first time I saw it, what I thought was, "What the heck is this thing?" I thought it was a rather dull design, and the Pokemon was only good for getting Heart Scales.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
FrostyFire

Nature: Timid
When I got my first copy of ruby, I caught one to see how good it was. I liked the simple design, but it doesn't really have a place on any team I've made. It's basically just there as filler in the pokedex, as far as I'm concerned.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Luvdisc really needs an Evolution, because it is NOT a pokemon you want to take to the league. Alomomola could've been a great evolution for Luvdisc.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicD View Post
Luvdisc really needs an Evolution, because it is NOT a pokemon you want to take to the league. Alomomola could've been a great evolution for Luvdisc.
Maybe in the 6th Gen they'll link them?
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Niko View Post
Maybe in the 6th Gen they'll link them?
It would be good to see some action for Luvdisc, and would make it be a little more useful.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:40 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
The Burning Emotion

Nature: Gentle
I don't like luvdisk pretty much i don't think i have played with it cause i don't like it.

and luvdisk doesn't look like a beast cause i like beast looking pokemons like Aggron or Swampert but no doubt that Luvdisk is a very very cute pokemon.
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Larinelle
Purrfect Purple Paradise

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Larinelle
Luvdisc is cute - I can say that I like it but I have never really used it.
I might someday though! I think it's a pity though that Alomomola wasn't it's evolution. 3: They look so similar too!

But whether it's good or bad.. I suppose that really depends on what it's for? The stats truly aren't the greatest but I choose my Pokémon by which I like rather than by their stats.

LF: HA Sentret
X: 4468-2403-1878
Little Trades
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
lmcde22

"Luvdisc is a Pokemon and amazingly not some strange Kantonian brand of condoms. One part heart, one part one of those weird highlighters shaped like triangles, Luvdisc is all useless. This Pokemon is a living example of how the creators just totally ran out of ideas by the third generation. They ran out of animals to base Pokemon off of, so they moved onto inanimate objects (or in this case, horrifyingly personified, abstract representations of inanimate objects). No thanks."
-AiPT

this pretty much sums up Luvdisc
Old October 12th, 2013, 04:28 PM
[TTOTD]maxie526
Leader of the TTOTD clan

I can't help but wonder if this is a serious question or just a joke. Forgive me if I sound rude, but if you've ever caught one and looked at the stats of that thing you'll see that it's utterly useless for battling. Sure, some people might use it just because of how it looks and because the anime teaches us to care about our Pokemon, friendship is important, no one gets left behind, etc... But in the games, that simply doesn't work out. How you treat your Pokemon does NOT affect the stats in any way, it is only useful if you're trying to make a certain Pokemon evolve like Golbat.

Last edited by [TTOTD]maxie526; October 13th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Elysieum
Ely.

Nature: Careful
It's only appeal is the cutesy factor, sadly. Never had one on my team and I don't even know what its stats are like, but a terrible battler can be spotted from miles away.
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Enderjay
hsssah!

Nature: Mild
I think it's kind of cute, and it's a nice feature that you need them to get heart scales.
But, really, when you think about it...

why does it not evolve into alomomola

[SIZE="1"]- 2014 challenge -
Normal Fire Fighting Water Flying Grass Poison Electric Ground Psychic Rock Ice Bug Dragon Ghost Dark Steel Fairy
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
When it comes to design, I really like Luvdisc. I think it's quite creative. It's got a heart-like shape, a pinkish body color, and a cute-looking face. What's not to like? Could put them into a fish bowl if you have one, and they'd liven up your house in an instant! Battling-wise, though… Luvdisc is, unfortunately, not that great. d: It has a base Speed of ninety-seven, which is good, but the rest of its stats are extremely low—especially defenses. Both of its defensive stats are near sixty, so if it ever gets struck by an attack like Giga Drain or Brave Bird, it's finished. Although it has a range of hard-hitting attacks in its movepool, it can't take full advantage of them due to having poor offenses. Luvdisc could make a good staller if you teach it Toxic, Sweet Kiss, Attract, and Protect, but you'd have to utilize very wisely. If you make one silly mistake, then your opponent could take it out in an instant.

I hope that they give an evolution to Luvdisc at some point in the future. That way, its stats would be fixed up a little and help it become more useful when battling. Either that, or they could give it a mega-evolution. I'd be fine with anything, to be honest, so long it gets something. (:
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Batty

Luvdisc had mediocre stats. Unless someone is particularly fond of it's aesthetics, I see no reason why one would use it in R/S/E when there are many superior alternatives available.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Ehh, I don't really know how to feel about Luvdisc. I mean, it definitely has a cute design, and I actually really liked the idea of having a heart-shaped Pokemon. But sadly, the design is the only thing I could really see people liking about the Pokemon. It definitely doesn't have any traits aside from the heart scales that I could really see to be interesting, its performance in battle is especially not something to be amazed by, and generally, it's just down there. Well, that's at least what I've been able to deduce from the one time I actually used one, along with every other opinion I've ever heard about the Pokemon :p

One thing I'm very disappointed by however, is the huge opportunity to actually make it somewhat useful they let down, by not making it evolve into Alomola! I mean, despite not having a clue what Luvdisc is actually supposed to be, they both have similar shapes, and literally everyone and their mother has been pointing it out :p Admittedly, I don't have a clue whether Alomola is good or not, but it definitely hasn't gotten the same amount of hate Luvdisc has, so I imagine it to be an improvement in any case ;)
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM
NestorPrida

Nature: Jolly
Worst Pokemon ever!, no use soever
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:48 AM
dark pursuit

luvdisc: bad. only catch it for the possibility that it's holding a heart scale.
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Rycanthropy
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Sassy
I used to love it before I realized stats were a thing
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Typhon
W a v e ~

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Typhon
When I first saw it, I thought it was definitely interesting, I had taken quite a liking to it, and I thought it had an evolution. So I caught one, and looked at it's stats. They were horrible, with a horrible nature lmao. I was like "It must have an evolution!". I was dumb, and I trained it for a good while. I got tired, so I searched online and it had noo evolution. I literally released it, despite training it so many levels. :(

It's stats aren't horrible like Magikarp. I guess you could say it's one of those "filler" Pokémon, which are added just to fill up the Pokédex. Similar to Dunsparce, but they have better stats.
Old November 9th, 2013, 08:51 PM
RoboMan2010
Banned

Very cute and well designed, I don't know why anyone would hate
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links