Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest [OOC]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 1st, 2015 (04:57 AM). Edited February 1st, 2015 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
I forgot to answer my own questions xD

1. Do you think your character has developed through the events of the RP? How so?

Seeing as I'm the GM, and I'm obliged to have plenty of characters, I'll tell you for my POV characters.

Zack is the POV character of mine that I feel has changed the most throughout the RP. He started out as cowardly, afraid, loud mouthed and pretentious to an extent. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but lately I've been playing him way differently. He's more laid back, despite the ongoing war, as if he's already given up on life, and he's less of a coward. I can't wait till he evolves!

Vendra is the least changed of my characters. She's still your typical angst-y, raging daughter with daddy issues who is entering her teens; I've purposefully not changed her, as her agelessness contributes to the personality that won't budge.

What was your favorite arc so far? Alamagna, Stoneyard or Amoon?

My favorite arc was Amoon. I thought it was in every way superior to the other two, to be honest. Pacing, character interaction, participation & development, location, events. Also, as the GM, I had more fun with my posts there. The Obelisk mini-arc represents the reason to why I love RPing with you people: the collective effort, combined with the sense of adventure I poured into the Obelisk. It wasn't anywhere near perfect and I didn't give it as much thought as I could, but it was very, very vivid and refreshing, greatly written by everyone who was in there.

3. What was your favorite time, moment or your favorite post in this RP so far?

Spoiler:

It was immediately clear where the sunlight was coming from. They were underground, far below the surface of Exathor, but the cave was a giant hole in the side of the island. In front of them, the sky opened vastly, full of clouds that were visibly moving. And in the center of this underground lake, where the waters were shallow the most, the Obelisk pierced upwards like a spear, its top at least ten feet from the ground. It was made of white stone, though it had circles, lines and shapes carefully engraved on it - and you could tell it was a hollow structure, as you could see through some of its parts. It almost looked like it was made of different pieces that were put together, rather than a singular obelisk. Wild Wingulls circled around it, a rare sight in Exathor.
That was my favorite moment. The theme, combined with the image, make for an ethereal place in my imagination that I'd love to visit. This moment moved me. It's a pity we didn't invest more time in the Obelisk of Stars.

My second favorite moment is Gerrick's words to Romulus. That was very well written from SV's part:

"Gerrick exhaled and allowed the ember to warm his body. "The world's a cruel place, brother," The Krookodile continued to talk. "No one chooses the life they live, but circumstance and position puts us where we are and tries its best to keep us there. For every fat noble or purty Gold Tribe member sittin' nice and cozy in their lit homes with warm fires and full tables, there's a thousand more of us in the wilds. Sometimes, life makes you do things in order to keep goin'. To survive. That's when you learn about your true family. The ones that keep your heart beatin', long after everyone else that could be just like you are swimmin' with the Goldeen."

Romulus reflected upon those words. He identified with Gerrick, there was truth in those words that he'd observed himself in his lifetime. That wasn't an excuse to become a thief, but Romulus wouldn't judge him so harshly for that part of his lifestyle anymore. It's not like Romulus was a saint himself. He'd done his share of killing, and he'd done his share of trickery as well. Morality wasn't one of the top qualities he was known to have. But he had something that Gerrick did not: loyalty. He could expect anything from a person with no loyalty."

4. Who do you think is the most passionate character? Whether they be from the Emperor's side, or Thrace's!

Apart from the obvious Thrace, I think Amaterasu Kagemusha is my most passionate character. He is the replacement of the Caretaker in the eyes of his allies, the second most readily apparent leader after Thrace. He may be reserved, and he doesn't show it often, but apart from methodical and calculating, a person must be passionate and maintain a strong resolve to carry out an operation that has already killed thousands of people. Kagemusha's passion is contagious. If not for him, the less vigorous and more introverted Teneth would have his doubts about joining the Family, and the thousands of people Kagemusha persuaded to join the Crimson Crusade in Telmor is just proof of how strong his motivation is.

5. Who do you think is the most apathetic character?

Romulus. He's made it apparent that he doesn't care much, about you, about him, about them, about anyone or anything, and he is going to cross many boundaries and go to great lengths for his survival, something that we've seen in Gerrick too. Exathians already regard Romulus as a cold-blooded killer; someone who kills without second thought. While that not may be true to an extent, I've always played Romulus as the cynic who has accepted that his soul is lost and that he's got absolutely nothing more to lose.

6. Who has the most interesting personal story arc?

Tavhir & Cassandra! I'm looking forward to its solution

I also love what I've thought for Romulus. This isn't the first time I'm playing a loose cannon type of character, but his motivation to smash things up is something that I love dearly about the character, even if they lead him to do heinous acts. And it all comes down to his personal story arc, which has started to reveal itself with Gerrick and the childhood they shared.

7. Petrina's got a crystal. How do you think that'll go? Will she wake up one morning and be insane?

Seeing as I'm the GM and I call the shots, I'll abstain from answering this question. :DDD
Old February 18th, 2015 (06:03 AM). Edited February 18th, 2015 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

I'm computer-less at the moment, so I'll refrain from joining any new JPs, as not to bog down the RP. There's two posts to be done still: the Pendro/Petrina interaction and the Punisher/Cassandra one, and whatever else you want to get out there by Saturday or Sunday. That's the deadline for the interaction posts; if you haven't done anything till then, I'll move the IC forward with a single post. Keep in mind that this may be our last chance for relaxed interaction!

Good luck, peeps

- Ray

Old February 19th, 2015 (01:22 PM). Edited March 25th, 2015 by MurkMire.
Vile, Venomous Villain
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Name: Luthor Cromm
Species: Feraligatr
Title: The Silver Claw
Type Mastery: Water
Nationality: Telmor, Stygian

Appearance: Luthor shows the traits of incredibly strong, sleek Feraligatr that have been born into the rough city of Telmor and lived to tell the tale. Luthor wears only a large, black cloak, with a golden trim. On the front of his cloak is a golden star, the mark of his alliance to the Gold Tribe. After Luthor's near death from the second Deathbringer's Mark, he had sustained many injuries, leaving multiple scars across his arms and chest. One on his tail, two larger ones across his back, and one long, fine scar over his left eye.

Personality: Luthor was born with a sense of idealism and morality, but by no means was he a dreamer. Luthor looks for a realistic way of achieving his goal. That goal is peace. Luthor doesn't wish to see his brethren fight each other in cold blood. He had seen too much wasted bloodshed, of his brethren and those unable to fend for themsleves with his own home. With no other option, he selflessly fights to the bitter end. To benefit his people, and to make a better world, even if it destroys him in the process. Though, in his quest for peace, he holds no peace in his own heart. As he fought for what he believed in, he slowly became much harsher, and merciless in battle. Though, after being betrayed in the first Deathbringer's Mark, Luthor will now even slay his own people if sided with Thrace.

As Luthor had been betrayed by his fellow mon, he will no longer hesitate if someone of his own tribe opposes him. He will slay them, the very people Luthor wanted to protect. He's passionate about his cause, and won't stop fighting until he has achieved his goal. Naturally, Luthor spends most of his time in seclusion. Training, sharpening his skills, and more. Though, on occasion... he'll find himself looking up at the night sky, wondering if the fighting will ever stop.

History: Luthor was born into a proud family of Feraligatr. Not well known Feraligatr, but both of his parents have been able to sustain themselves with their fighting skills. Though, they were both bred into the Stygian culture, and just as cold and rough as Stygians get. After some time, Luthor grew into a strong Croconaw, and also saw the Stygian culture for what it is. Having been born in Telmor, Luthor was witness to many killings, purely out of survival. Time and time again, he knew only to survive anyway he could. However, he tried what many Stygians see as a “weakness.” He tried to befriend his brethren. At times, he was met with reciprocated friendship, only to see them die shortly after. At others, he was met with only disgust. Luthor even had to see the young die horribly, despite being unable to fend for themselves.

His heart had grown cold, and bitter. But unlike his people, Luthor wanted things to be different. Luthor wanted to see not only the Stygians, but all of Exathor to come together. To never see the helpless slain in such ways he has seen. And so, Luthor had enlisted himself as a warrior of the Stygians. After some time, he had approached a member of the Gold Tribe, and requested to join.

Luthor was directed to the ECUL, the Exathian College of Union and Liberty. Dedicated to his cause, Luthor spent all of his time bettering himself, both in combat and academics. Though his combat skills were exemplary through his life in Telmor, his academics were just enough to graduate. At last, Luthor finally gained a spot in the Gold Tribe. All that was left was the title, though Luthor knew exactly what his title would be. Raising his claw into the air, he titled himself, “The Silver Claw.” He had proved his worth, and received his cloak, with golden trim and star. Some time later, Luthor had fought in the first Deathbringer's Mark. He fought with all of his might, unaware of the plot that was happening before him. Before he could react properly, he and other members of the Gold Tribe had succumbed to an Earthquake by a traitor of his tribe.

He suffered great injuries, and was near death. Though, he was able to cling to life with his rage, and found himself a survivor in the aftermath. Luthor silently left the site, to find the Gold Tribe and exact revenge on those responsible for the betrayal. He seethes anger and vengeance, and will no longer won't hesitate in killing his own if they have any involvement with Thrace, and the rogues that wronged him and his brethren.

Moves: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Smash, Hone Claws

RP Sample: From my first Halloween event RP, here's “The Sandman.”

Spoiler:
Chapter One: Nightmares in Littleroot Town

Deep in the forestry surrounding Littleroot Town, a creature crept through the trees. He snuck, and slithered through the shadows, reaching ever closer to the quiet community. A wide, malicious grin formed across it's face, as he could see the lights of Littleroot Town come into focus. The task was simple. Reap as much fear as possible, for this very night. As the creature slithered closer, he could hear the laughter and cheers of children. He crept closer, to just being outside of clear view, hiding in the thick bushes. He saw a group of children, going around trick-or-treating together. A malicious, wicked grin slowly crept across it's face, imagining how loud and deep their screams would be.

Being fond of frightening children, he couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself at the prospect of this year's crop of potential fear. "Darkrai, my lord... I, The Sandman, will provide more than enough fear this year... heheheh." The moonlight shone upon his light yellow skin, and his white mane. "It may not be my beloved Lavender Town... however..." The creature stood up, out of his skulking position, revealing himself to be a Hypno. He was eyeing the child that lagged behind the others, the one child he had so carefully observed. The Hypno's beady eyes glinted, shimmering with nothing but malicious excitement. "This Hoenn region has so many children... so many innocent, little children... ripe for the frightening."

He kept still in those bushes, waiting for just the right moment. Never shifting his eyes from the young boy. He was around the age of six or seven, had brown hair, and looked to be quite the nervous type. He always kept the lag behind the other children. The Sandman didn't have much time to bide, the community was too small for his perfect moment. So... he had to improvise.

With his psychic powers on focus, he steadied himself. There was a house nearby his spot that the children seemed to not have stopped at. All of the children were at the Pokemon Research Lab, where Professor Birch was dressed as a Mightyena. All, but one. The little boy, who still kept away from the other children.

The Hypno grinned again, his teeth on show. He licked his lips in anticipation, and began his plan.

Afraid to approach, young Jacob watched from afar as the children he had accompanied was playing with Professor Birch. He saw his brother, Tyler, also having fun. He brushed his brown hair out of his eyes, and looked down at the ground. "I know I should be trying, but.... I'm scared of being around others... Maybe next year won't be so bad." Jacob muttered this to himself, before he could hear... something. It was coming from the trees. He tried to listen in, but the noise of the children was consuming whatever noise that haunted Jacob.

He got up, and walked towards the source of the noise. As Jacob slowly approached... he could make out the words...

"Come, young child, come with me... Safe and happy, you will be..." It sounded like a lullaby. But, the voice was a whisper, so he couldn't make out the rest... just those two lines.

Jacob, however wanting to return to the group, couldn't help but feel drawn to the song. It was as if his legs were not in his own control. Nor any part of him.

The Hypno, whispering the song he so enjoyed, was using his Psychic attack, but only to keep the young boy moving towards him, quickly enough so that the others wouldn't notice. Both Sandman and Jacob met each other's gaze, as the child was too close to the bush.

Before Jacob could do anything, the Hypno pulled him into the darkness of the forest around Littleroot Town, lulling him with his sinister lullaby. The boy could see the Hypno's sinister grin, but couldn't understand how he could be singing it without moving his mouth.

As if to answer, Sandman raised Jacob into the air, just a bit to meet his captor eye to eye. Jacob was in the hands of a Psychic-type Pokemon. The boy's lips quivered, his eyes widening as he could only see blackness in the Pokemon's eyes. Blackness, and an unmistakable look of malice.

The Hypno reached into it's mane, to pull out a pendulum, and raised it to Jacob's face. The pendulum had seemingly began to glow, as it swung back and forth, lulling poor Jacob into a deep sleep. Sandman decided it was time to end the game, and receive what he came for. He continued with his lullaby...

"Come, young child, come with me... Safe and happy, you won't be... Your fear and dread, will feed and freshen me... Oh, young child, you were not clever, now you'll stay with me, forever..."

Jacob fought to stay awake, his tears streamed down his face, as his eyes slowly closed. And with that last verse, the boy hung in the air, his face wet with tears, yet slept soundly.

"Now, my child... FEED ME!" The Hypno's eyes widened, his sclera became a deep red, as he was forcing a Nightmare attack onto the sleeping Jacob.

Jacob awoke to a small playroom, though it was sealed off completely. No doors, no windows, no anything. Just a bunch of letter blocks, and some dolls on the floor. He couldn't understand why either of these things were here. That, is, until... that creature appeared before him. His head hung low, his face not visible. Jacob whimpered, before weakly muttering, "No.... no, you can't be here...!" Jacob scooted to the opposite wall, fear now coursing through him. He couldn't understand why this Hypno was torturing him, and prayed for it to stop. The Hypno slowly raised it's head... and began to sing in a whisper again...

"Oh, young child, you were not clever... now you'll stay with me..." His face came into Jacob's view, and the sight... sent Jacob into tears. The Sandman's eyes were large, and his sclera was a blood red. His pupil was a pitch black, and his smile... the smile was too wide for even it to manage. He walked closer to Jacob, the room slowly losing it's color, the faces of the dolls slowly formed expressions of pure terror. It sounded as if screams came from every direction, bombarding Jacob from all sides. The boy was at his limit, but he couldn't move. The face that gazed down upon Jacob was getting too close... too close for Jacob to handle.

"Now you'll stay with me, forever, Jacob." The Sandman screamed into Jacob's face, forcing Jacob to awake and scream in utter terror. He jerked himself up off the ground he was laying on, jumped to his feet, and sprinted as fast as he could to Littleroot Town, terrified by the thought of that phantasm of a Pokemon chasing him. As he leapt from the bushes, he made it to Professor Birch's lab, banging on the door, begging to come in, for someone to help him.

The door had opened, one of his assistants at the door. Jacob held onto the assistant's leg and cried furiously, rambling about a psychotic Pokemon. The two rushed inside, and the door was slammed shut behind them.

Sandman was skulking through the forest, away from the no longer quiet little town. He wiped the sweat from his head, basking in the fear he had reaped. "Ahh... even I could taste the fear on that one... I love to start my night off strong. Look out, children of Hoenn... The Sandman is ready to sing his lullaby again..."

The Sandman, now finished with Littleroot Town, faded into the darkness, ready to find his next victim.
Old February 19th, 2015 (01:31 PM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

@Murk you're accepted, welcome aboard. Have fun
Old February 19th, 2015 (03:28 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Hey guys, won't be on skype much due to my mac crapping out, AFTER TWO YEARS. It needs a new hard drive so maybe by tomorrow I"ll get it back. Who the f**k knows?
Old February 19th, 2015 (04:49 PM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

that's why you don't get a mac

we'll work things out, best roleplayer in the world :D
Old February 19th, 2015 (05:15 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Lol. Anyways yeah, just found out from the guy that it's a cable that fried instead of my hard drive. AKA, he plugs a cable that got loose and I pay him 50 bucks for his 'fix'.
Old February 19th, 2015 (05:25 PM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Good, then you should be on time for the interaction deadline. Talk to gibus if you want to get a Punisher/Cassandra JP out, I'd like to see how Four Dicks will handle his impossible crush 8D
Old March 8th, 2015 (05:01 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Aisendale: the Last Nexus

A large, imposing black castle is visible in the distance. Floating above the frozen valley of Aisendale, the Last Nexus has called Exathor to the glaciers of the arctic circle; it's cold out there, very cold, and the weakening barrier, sustained only by this remaining nexus, won't keep the island from freezing entirely. All life upon it is in danger of being buried in the next snowstorm.

Only one way to go now. The valley of ice opens before Union City, beckoning towards the final battle.

Spoiler:

A small map to clear out confusion about Exathor's position right now!

Old April 11th, 2015 (04:19 AM). Edited April 19th, 2015 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Hey guys, last post was quite the info dump so I saw fit to make a short and concise summary.

SPOILERS!

Spoiler:
In the memory of the supercomputer located in the Sky Pinnacle, King Tsulong has stored a vision as a documentary which holds valuable information for the world's past, information which would have been forgotten, after his war with Thrace, two thousand years ago.

He recounts the Creation Myth.

* Arceus created the world and the Pokemon in it, and gifted them with the elements. The elements spun out of control, so he raised the Plates to allow him general control over them, and tasked the Paragons with guarding their stability.

* After many years in the Making, the second and third gifts of civilization and Primal Iasis were given to Pokemon, at the cost of malevolence being born. The strong were separated from the weak, hierarchy was born, and the King of the World, allegedly the chosen one of Arceus, took office. They fooled Arceus so he would not intervene with their rule and the seeds of conflict were planted.

* The Paragons took it upon themselves to place a Seal upon the godly Primal Iasis, with which the Kings, strongest of the strong, ruled one after the other. The Kings convinced Arceus that it was not the Paragon's place, a vassal, a servant of his, to question how he administrated the world he had created; this was to prevent the Paragons from sealing the power used by the Kings.

* Before the battle of the Paragons and Arceus, Arceus tasked Tsulong the Builder with building an Ark, so the Cataclysm that would follow would not wipe out all of his creations. But as the battle ended too soon, because Arceus saw his mistake, the world was not ruined, and the Ark was never required; instead, it was buried beneath Altica.

* With the Seal placed, the invigorating presence of the Primal Iasis was removed from the world, which fell into a slow decline. Durand noticed that and he and Tsulong formed a group of heroes who would seek out the eight Plates that were missing from the Sanctum of the Original One and return them there, so the Seal was broken and the world healed, according to what Tsulong said should happen.

* The heroes were successful, but the Cataclysm arrived with or due to their action, and Tsulong found four crystals in his possession, the four crystals he used to power the four Sky Nexuses: the one in Alamagna, the one in Stoneyard, the Obelisk of Stars and the one in Aisendale. He also mentioned a portion of Primal Iasis can be found in those crystals; the raw energy Keeper pointed out they possess must be Primal Iasis.

* Exathor was once Altica, before the Great Sundering, two thousand years ago (at the end of Tsulong's war with Thrace); the bits of Altica that fell off did so in the icy valley of Aisendale, and with them remained the floating black castle that serves as a Sky Nexus.

* Exathor is in fact a giant vessel made by Tsulong the Builder, designed to carry two of each species so Pokemon-kind does not suffer extinction; the aspects of Life and Death were tasked with preserving the balance between overpopulation and extinction upon the island.

* The actual aircraft that the land called Exathor is upon is buried underneath it; it is, in fact, in its very core, where no Pokemon can reach. The means by which it flies, even when concealed all around by a huge hunk of rock are still unknown, but one could theorize that the special fuel that can be found deep underground on Exathor, Flogistron, the fuel which also powers smaller airships, has something to do with it.

* Furthermore, it is mentioned that Tsulong attempted to stir Exathor from the Bridge located in the Sky Pinnacle, which also happens to be the "Tower" of the aircraft that makes Exathor float.

* Tsulong closes with his wondering of what exactly the seven seconds of Primal Iasis that he and the heroes brought did to the world.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)