• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Come to think about it Victini being 000 may have another reason than simply to bring victory to those who own it. Perhaps it also symbolizes how Victini isn't native to Unova but to another region, maybe this new region because as mentioned before France made the Statue to Liberty and gave it to America as a present, perhaps the Lighthouse in Unova is like that and the people of this region put Victini in it to keep it safe. Maybe we can get more Victini background as I was curious as to who the person was who put it there.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.
Exactly. Victini's numbering was wholly a move due to the reboot feeling GF wanted to give BW. If we ever get one again it would be much more down the line perhaps even after generation 10. Speaking of numbering, I wouldn't mind if GF offered a 3rd dex option labelled new world or such, with the numbering continuing from Unova's original 156.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It could be totally possible tat Victini isn't Unova native. After all, if you look at Corphish's Pokédex entries for R/S/E, it mentions that it is not a Hoenn native Pokémon, but rather a pest. I don't see why they couldn't have done that again.

Years
I think that the National Pokedex should be changed to International unless this new region is also part of the Pokemon Nation that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh belong to. Apperantly in Pokemon Pokejapan conquered America in WWII...

vaporeon7

Years
I think that the National Pokedex should be changed to International unless this new region is also part of the Pokemon Nation that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh belong to. Apperantly in Pokemon Pokejapan conquered America in WWII...

I agree. Currently it's more of a worldwide dex than a National dex.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Exactly. The National Dex feels like a weird naming convention when you have not only 1 but 2 regions that will likely be far away from the others.

It could be totally possible tat Victini isn't Unova native. After all, if you look at Corphish's Pokédex entries for R/S/E, it mentions that it is not a Hoenn native Pokémon, but rather a pest. I don't see why they couldn't have done that again.
It actually isn't a Unova Pokemon, a rich guy stored away the precious Pokemon as part of his private collection.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
True enough. As I said, a neat solution would be a new world option which just features Unova/Pokeregion 6

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
No, I mean like the other side of the planet, like the new world was basically the Americas to the Colombus Era explorers. Unova and Pokeregion 6, if based on France of course, are literally just 2 sides of an ocean while Pokejapan is still on the other side of the world.

vaporeon7

Years
No, I mean like the other side of the planet, like the new world was basically the Americas to the Colombus Era explorers. Unova and Pokeregion 6, if based on France of course, are literally just 2 sides of an ocean while Pokejapan is still on the other side of the world.

That makes more sense. If you did travel to Unova, I wonder how many years would've passed.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

That's actually a valid point that I never really have thought about. National would really only cover what was found in that region, since it's technically one nation I suppose. Unless the theory of the games is that each region is part of one large Pokémon country, and then it would make sense to keep it as the National Dex, but at this point there's so many regions that are spread out it doesn't really seem plausible that that's accurate.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Well I would like to revisit the other regions, but it doesn't seem to fit the game.
6th gen has just started, don't get your hopes up. Maybe we will revisit other region(s) in the third game.

Guy

just a guy
Years
We're straying a bit off-topic here, you guys. If you would like to discuss RSE Remakes, you may do so in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread over in Pokémon Gaming Central.

As far as including a past region in X and Y goes, I sincerely hope not. I rather they spend the time and space building on the new region instead.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've said this before, but, going to past regions would take away the emphasis on the development of this new region, IMO. I mean, hey, let's give this new region a chance, yes? I'm sure that we can all love it!

Years
I would love that to happen to be honest...maybe after we finish the French/Paris based region we go to the northwestern island region which has more snow, and different biomes than the french based on. Oh and it's based on London.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I feel like developing the new region is going to be a difficult task as it is with the new graphics engine, let alone another region (whether previous or another new one). As much as I'd love it I just really doubt it =/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I feel like developing the new region is going to be a difficult task as it is with the new graphics engine, let alone another region (whether previous or another new one). As much as I'd love it I just really doubt it =/
Actually, previous regions would be easier, I'd say. After all, you have the existing world already, and just have to replicate it. Meanwhile, change the things (like Apricorn Trees) that have nothing to do with the new game.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It would be easier since they have a model to base it off of, but it still would be largely time consuming to recreate them all over again.

Random question: Do you guys think we'll have more varied landscapes, instead of it depending on seasons like Unova? Outside of maybe Twist Mountain, Unova wasn't really that varied of a reason when it came to landscape. Sinnoh had all of the northern routes covered in snow, as well with some more varied landscapes in general. I'd just love to see some more variance with this game, especially with the 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back