• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Chespin looks more like a Grass/Ground type than Grass/Steel because of the hedge/groundhog thing he's going for. As for Froakie, we've already covered the poison dart frog with Croagunk, and Seismitoad is actually a toad rather than a frog, so Water/Ground is more likely.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did you not look at Cyclos? And even the Kami Trio. They all can fly without wings. They're basically Goku. They're using a cloud.

Years
@Vaporeon7 Well what I meant is Altaria can float without moving its wings, so a floating frog would work. ... Unles it's sitting on the ground in that sprite, I can't remember too be honest XD

Also, does anybody else think that fennekin will end up being a dark type? I think it will since it reminds me of zorua (and purrloin a bit) with its expression, and foxes are sneaky! I know we already have a fire/dark type, and many fire foxes, but a light colored dark type would be refreshing in my opinion!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would much prefer Fire/Dark to Fire/Psychic. I feel like the only other one like this is the Houndour line, right? And they're more Dark with a splash of Fire, not Fire with a splash of Dark.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Fennekin used a Psychic-ish move in the trailer, so I'm firmly sticking beside my prediction of it being Fire/Psychic. Though if it does get to be Fire/Dark, I'll have to consider naming it Swiper instead of Faline like I was planning. XD

Years
Fennekin used a Psychic-ish move in the trailer, so I'm firmly sticking beside my prediction of it being Fire/Psychic. Though if it does get to be Fire/Dark, I'll have to consider naming it Swiper instead of Faline like I was planning. XD

The move it was using could have been screech, which seems very dark type related to me! :P

But now I just want it to be dark/fire so you name it swiper XD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Screech would've probably been more gray/silvery; at least, that's how I interpret it.

So long as Fennekin doesn't somehow become a bulky Fire/Fighting I'm content with whatever second typing it gets or if it stays pure.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I decided that if Froakie3 isn't a Water/Electric or Water/Flying big blue frog on a cloud, I'm going to cry.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There is a froggie on a cloud
I like to catch him in my sleep
Aren't any squirrels or yellow sheep
Just my lil froggie on a cloud

Years
I find that the more I read, the more I like what I hear. Saddly, I only learned of the game today as I am often late with news. In just one hour my opion of the starters went like this... 1 Fire:Awsome, Water: What?, Grass:???Not sure... after 30 min... Fire:Awsome, Water: okay, Grass: Kinda coolish maybe...After one hour. Fire:Awsome, Water: Awsome, Grass: Awsome. Now who do I choose?

blue

gucci
Years
I find that the more I read, the more I like what I hear. Saddly, I only learned of the game today as I am often late with news. In just one hour my opion of the starters went like this... 1 Fire:Awsome, Water: What?, Grass:???Not sure... after 30 min... Fire:Awsome, Water: okay, Grass: Kinda coolish maybe...After one hour. Fire:Awsome, Water: Awsome, Grass: Awsome. Now who do I choose?

That's what I was like, these three have grown on me really quick and I'm really fond of them all! ;';

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Pokemon has 9 main title games for the DS. These games aren't coming out tomorrow, so relax. You have at least 10 months to come up with 150 dollars and be prepared for some cool news about these games.

I personally don't care who or what's in this game. I saw the 3D graphics and my head just went asdfdnfjyutyrnfejrnerfedfgrneenfenfn!!! I think I've wanted a 3d Pokemon title on a handheld since the days of Pokemon Stadium, so now I just wait for Game Freak to deliver some other cool stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm feeling the same. All the starters are super cute, but I think I'll have to wait on final evos to make my decision. I felt the same when gen V starters were revealed, but then the finals were shown and I was like "...I guess I could just leave them little for the whole game..."

Edit: I'm getting both games, so I'm obviously picking Fennekin in one. It's the other version that idk who I'll take. XD

blue

gucci
Years
I'll get X first and choose Fennekin without a doubt and then when I get Y I'll most probably choose Chespin, I'm not really a Froakie fan unless the final evolutions change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back