• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tropius Ideas?

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
Im really hoping Tropius gets represented for the epicness it really is. I dont know if Harvest is out yet, but lets say it is (I reallllly did my research)

A set i was thinking of would be...

Tropius @Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature (+SD -A)
EVs: 252 HP 150 D 102 SD (theese are iffy)

Leech Seed
Protect
Toxic
Energy Ball

If im missing somethign from the set post what im missing

Well, the moveset might be changable. This thing complety walls Ferrorthorns, and Vice Verca. They dont die to regular attacks. They can survive non-stab ice beams, protect sitrus harvest and get all their hp back with the leech seeed (unless it missed) and stuff, its a terrific wall.

Some people use substitute instead of toxic to biff up the wallness.

In gen 4, tropius were used as a NU/UU Dragon Dancer (dont do that in gen 5. trust me just dont)

Tell me what you think of tropius. can it be used to be a good wall?

-----------EDIT------------

Also, exxugotor is similar. it can be used similar to tropius due to leech seeed and harvest. What do you think :?

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
It is, iirc. However, despite its cool ability, its really still unusable. It has a terrible defensive typing for the most part (Grass really sucks as far as weaknesses go) and really no stats to back it up. Plus, its moveset is fairly abysmal. I wish it were better so it could abuse Harvest that much more, but it just isn't. Besides, the only usable berries would be (imo) Lum and Leppa anyway - you can't really use the weak-resist ones because despite the fact that it weakens those attacks Tropius is still murdered from them. Lum protects you from status and lets you use Rest as a recovery move. Leppa lets you out-pp stall literally everything. Outside of those, I don't think there's much hope for Tropius. You could try to use Starf Berry + Sub + Roost for a poor man's Moody ability but beyond that nope. :(

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
oh. kk. i tried my set in a battle, it worked pretty fine
its not defensivly well, but its high hp and decent defensive stats let it survive mostly all supereffective attacks, except stab ice beams and maybe other stuff. start harvest sucks. its too easy to ko, and tbh, even if it gets a boost, likely it cant use it in anyway (accuracy, attack, etc)

Back