• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
This hack is so cool! I really like the little touches you put in here, like the full Pokegear. I cannot wait until it is fully completed.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
when is the next beta will be released?

is entei and raiku cachable in this hack?
Entei and Raikou are not yet available.
:] That "yet" made me happy.

off topic: Anybody know a way I can remove the roaming legendary Pokemon in Fire Red?
I'm glad to see that my response made you happy, but this isn't exactly the right thread to ask about legendary Pokémon in FireRed, even if that part is off topic...
This hack is so cool! I really like the little touches you put in here, like the full Pokegear. I cannot wait until it is fully completed.
You and me both. :)

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Oh.i thought entei and raiku is available in this hack.i got so excited that i finished your hack in just 1 day of playing :)))

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
I've only been playing this hack for the past 10 minutes, and already I can say that this is without a doubt, the best hack I have ever played. The attention to detail is absolutely fantastic.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure!

Sierraffinity

Years
Oh.i thought entei and raiku is available in this hack.i got so excited that i finished your hack in just 1 day of playing :)))
Sorry that Entei and Raikou aren't in, but glad to see you liked it so much you finishde it quickly.
I've only been playing this hack for the past 10 minutes, and already I can say that this is without a doubt, the best hack I have ever played. The attention to detail is absolutely fantastic.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure!
Wow, thanks for all the praise!

Doa

Analyzer
Years
I am generally difficult to impress, but I must say that this is a very good hack. Using Emerald was a neat touch, and this is the most detailed Johto remake I've seen yet.

Being an analyst of details myself, I noticed a couple of bugs:
- When I got Youngster Joey's number, the PokeGear (nice job on editing the PokeNav, by the way) registered him as a Union Cave trainer.
- I said yes to Bug Catcher Wade's number, but it didn't show up at all.

I think those might simply be difficult to script, but has anyone else noticed any problems with the PokeGear?

Also, nice work with the custom music. It's comparable to Liquid Crystal's (which I didn't like at first, but changed my mind on), but different.

vezix

Vezix
Years
some fix needs!!

ok,i really like this hack without a doubt. there only several things need to fix like pokegear when i registered others name it would not appear... and in goldenrod department store there should be no roof as like overworld sprite have and during the night the roof are like still during day . and the radio does not work? ok wait till new beta!!!!!! I LIKE THIS HACK THE MOST!!

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
are there any updates?
tis is off topic but pls continue shining opal after you're done with this!
tnx!

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
I am generally difficult to impress, but I must say that this is a very good hack. Using Emerald was a neat touch, and this is the most detailed Johto remake I've seen yet.
I was about to say something like this.

This is actually one of the best hacks I ever played, your effort and endurance is just amazing. I hope you'll finish this masterpiece.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years

Being an analyst of details myself, I noticed a couple of bugs:
- When I got Youngster Joey's number, the PokeGear (nice job on editing the PokeNav, by the way) registered him as a Union Cave trainer.
- I said yes to Bug Catcher Wade's number, but it didn't show up at all.

I think those might simply be difficult to script, but has anyone else noticed any problems with the PokeGear?

Also, nice work with the custom music. It's comparable to Liquid Crystal's (which I didn't like at first, but changed my mind on), but different.
Thanks for the praise! The reason that you can't get the numbers of standard trainers is because I still haven't found a way to create them.
ok,i really like this hack without a doubt. there only several things need to fix like pokegear when i registered others name it would not appear... and in goldenrod department store there should be no roof as like overworld sprite have and during the night the roof are like still during day . and the radio does not work? ok wait till new beta!!!!!! I LIKE THIS HACK THE MOST!!
Whoops, my bad on the roof of the Dept. Store. Fixed and uploaded.
What hatches from the Odd Egg?
Read up on how the Odd Egg works in Japanese Pokémon Crystal; they're the same chances.
are there any updates?
tis is off topic but pls continue shining opal after you're done with this!
tnx!
Don't worry, work is expected to start on Shining Opal soon.
Sounds promising given the reviews
Try it out! I'm pretty sure you'll like it.
Do pokemon that required evolving by trading evolve normally?
Well, they don't use trade evolutions. Find out how they evolve now on your own!
I was about to say something like this.

This is actually one of the best hacks I ever played, your effort and endurance is just amazing. I hope you'll finish this masterpiece.
Thank you! I love reading comments like this - they make me feel like working.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I have to say, I agree with the comments lately comparing Crystaldust to other remakes of Gen 2. Crystaldust just... feels a lot more authentic, I guess I should say. It really does what it says on the tin, and that's exactly what I've been looking for. It's also a lot better on plenty of levels than other hacks of this variety that I've played.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Kanto to be finished.

Sierraffinity

Years
i dont like this hack manly because rattata and pidge have weird poses

Well, you don't like the original Emerald sprites? That's okay, make better ones and show 'em to everyone.
Thanks. Not liking a hack simply for the sprites (which have been unchanged from Emerald anyways) is never a good idea.
I have to say, I agree with the comments lately comparing Crystaldust to other remakes of Gen 2. Crystaldust just... feels a lot more authentic, I guess I should say. It really does what it says on the tin, and that's exactly what I've been looking for. It's also a lot better on plenty of levels than other hacks of this variety that I've played.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Kanto to be finished.
Thank you! I'm guessing that feeling a lot more authentic comes from doing a very accurate and no-cut-corners remake.

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
i really loved the idea for making a story of my fav gbc game pokemon crystal a gba game really nice keep up the good work dude

Back