The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisangorou View Post
Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:
Hehe play x if you want a challenge.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisangorou View Post
Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;
this glitch has been mentioned before but one thing I noticed is that it only happens to people with names with more then 7 letters

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Awec
Maniacal Egotist ~

I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
GiantGroudon
I doubled myself now

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to GiantGroudon
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
DyZi
Beginning Trainer

Great game, i was looking forward to a good GSC remake...here it is, this is offically the best Rom i'veplayed.

One thing...I cannot get passed the basement switches part.

HELP?
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantGroudon View Post
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome.
Well, you're the idiot. It is meant to have grass and that is a blind cave. simple. explained. go to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awec View Post
I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?
1) that's a challenge in the game that zel made, he gives you a good item if you win.
2)wat's the point in having trainers that are uber easy to beat? ruins the whole point.
3)probably
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
GymLeaderLance99
A Muffin Button

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to GymLeaderLance99 Send a message via Yahoo to GymLeaderLance99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.

Old June 4th, 2008, 04:16 PM
plop
Beginning Trainer

lol im very upset ; yesterday i when to play SG on gpSP and i went to save instead of load so i lost my data.. guess its time to start from the beginning

Click here to play with me and help me get to lvl 50 to hatch!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Old June 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymLeaderLance99 View Post
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.
yeh, he could copy the script from the person on the route before victory road and insert it as a new one.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Mattysaurus
Take it slow, braaah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mattysaurus
Is the karate dude in the dark cave supposed to give you Rollout?
I used it to whoop Falkner. :D

With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbreon_Matt View Post
Is the karate dude in the dark cave supposed to give you Rollout?
I used it to whoop Falkner. :D
yep, and that's exactly how you beat him...if you're clever enough to figure out where the guy is. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyZi View Post
Great game, i was looking forward to a good GSC remake...here it is, this is offically the best Rom i'veplayed.

One thing...I cannot get passed the basement switches part.

HELP?
perhaps go to the help thread and ask there...where it is the topic ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by plop View Post
lol im very upset ; yesterday i when to play SG on gpSP and i went to save instead of load so i lost my data.. guess its time to start from the beginning
and why did we need to know that?

Last edited by Dr Gregory House; June 4th, 2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
X-HaulTed
Aspiring Mapper and Scripter

Nice hack Zel
I must say this is a very high quality hack...
not all hacks are this good
overall i like everything 'bout it
the tiles are excellent
it even looks like it's an official remake of Gold haha
thanks for this hack
please i would love to see this finished even if it has to be long XP

Old June 5th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Milnivri
Telefan ;)

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Milnivri
Bug:

If you lose to a wild Pokemon on Route 29 just after getting your starter, you end up in a PC (most probably Cherrygrove's), but it's all darkness and even after Nurse Joy finishes talking and healing your Pokes, you stay there. Yes, I haven't reached any Pokemon Center yet, nor any town/city other than New Bark.

Haha I lost to a Sentret just because it had an Oran Berry and I was lazy to use potions (I had little health then). xD

EDIT: Did you replace the original LG Pallet Town map with the now New Bark Town one? The same for Route 29 & Route 1/Cherrygrove City & Viridian City? Because there might be a code inside there which detects whether you have reached the map of Viridian (with var numbers?), and so by putting it like this it might turn out differently. If you get what I mean... :/

Last edited by Milnivri; June 6th, 2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:55 AM
v1tje
Beginning Trainer

Hi there,

Does someone know where i can get whirlpool? I really need it on wich route can i find it or a screenshot?

Thanks it would be appreciate
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1tje View Post
Hi there,

Does someone know where i can get whirlpool? I really need it on wich route can i find it or a screenshot?

Don't you get it in the Rocket base in Mahogany Town?

Supporter of anything I support.
*insert many banners here*
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
I'm pretty sure you get Waterfall from Lance in the Rocket Base...

I can't remember where you get Whirlpool though o_o;;
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
v1tje
Beginning Trainer

Yeah i've get a clamperl that was it on. Thank you.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
Don't you get it in the Rocket base in Mahogany Town?
There's no Whirlpool HM, you must use the Clamperl Lance gives u at the Rocket Hideout (or any onther poke who knows whirlpool, e.g. Wailmer)
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Mattysaurus
Take it slow, braaah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mattysaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
yep, and that's exactly how you beat him...if you're clever enough to figure out where the guy is. =D

Thanks, just needed to know it wasnt a glitch.

With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Zelios95
tired of the day...

Hey Zel,what if for the LUGIA event u make JESS and JAMIE appear and they want the silver thing that u need.U could make'em fight u and wen u win the old man gives it to u.By the way love the hack!!!Keep going!
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelios95 View Post
Hey Zel,what if for the LUGIA event u make JESS and JAMIE appear and they want the silver thing that u need.U could make'em fight u and wen u win the old man gives it to u.By the way love the hack!!!Keep going!
Don't worry, zel won't let'em disappear, at least for ever, because they always do it after every battle... cowards...and a waste of a good wobbuffet...

And by the way, in B6, will Ard FINALLY have some decent bugs?
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

I actually became pretty sad when Zel said it isn't part of his plans to make an event involving Giovanni. Well, guess that's up to him. xD
Oh, I almost forgot. Zel, if you change any pokémon location, such as Ralts, please tell me, so I can do the next shiny gold dex correctly, when beta 6 is released.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1tje View Post
Hi there,

that belongs in the FAQ, so for next time, any ingame/story related questions go in there
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
AnthonyPalomo
Beginning Trainer

Old June 5th, 2008, 05:19 PM
plop
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPalomo View Post
How do I put it in my psp ?
you need to download and install gpSP (and you need to be running on cfw). may i recommend QJ.net its easy to install and you need to fined the original Bio for it

Click here to play with me and help me get to lvl 50 to hatch!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here