The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Electric
Kanto Champion;Battling Ranger

Advertise here
I have a problem with beta 5!
Whenever you go into the violet pokecenter, the mapping get A**led and you cant get out, it sucks completely!

I have lost loads of things from that!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman-ZX View Post
I have a problem with beta 5!
Whenever you go into the violet pokecenter, the mapping get A**led and you cant get out, it sucks completely!

I have lost loads of things from that!
That happened to me too. Just don't go in that Pokemon Center, that's all I can say.

Supporter of anything I support.
*insert many banners here*
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
That happened to me too. Just don't go in that Pokemon Center, that's all I can say.
well, that pokecenter works fine for me. did you use a different region ROM? like (E) or something? it could also have been a patching error.

Last edited by Christos; June 9th, 2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
kyogre1940
Ultimate Champion

Send a message via AIM to kyogre1940 Send a message via Yahoo to kyogre1940 Send a message via Skype™ to kyogre1940
Ack, I found another glitch.
I'm playing SGX, and I have the GS Ball.
I go to Elm, and he keeps saying he'll call me if something's up.
I have not hatched the Togepi egg. I tried it, but he won't even look at it. He'll keep saying he'll call me if something is up. I call him on the phone booth, he asks me to come. I come, he says the same thing. D: I want Celebi! Help, somebody!

(Thanks goes to Alana)

*Only some TV Shows, not all

Old June 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
dragon92
Embrace the darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogre1940 View Post
I have not hatched the Togepi egg. I tried it, but he won't even look at it. He'll keep saying he'll call me if something is up. I call him on the phone booth, he asks me to come. I come, he says the same thing. D: I want Celebi! Help, somebody!
I have exactly the same prob.I watched a video in YouTube showing that Elm should call you when you enter Cerulean City,blabbing something about having two Kanto badges etc.,but,I tried it lots of times,it just won't work...
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

I think you did something wrong in the chain of events for the GS Ball.

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
kyogre1940
Ultimate Champion

Send a message via AIM to kyogre1940 Send a message via Yahoo to kyogre1940 Send a message via Skype™ to kyogre1940
Wait, what are the correct chain of events for the GS Ball?

(Thanks goes to Alana)

Old June 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
pokegamefreak
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by kyogre1940 View Post
After you cal prof elm on the phone, go with the SS. AQUA to johto en go then to prof elm.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Do you have 2 badges?

It works when u have them.

If not, you need to re-patch.

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
kyogre1940
Ultimate Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
Do you have 2 badges?

It works when u have them.

If not, you need to re-patch.
Alrighty, I'll get my 2nd badge....

.... I got the badge... he isn't calling me. If I repatch, do I lose all my pokemon?

(Thanks goes to Alana)

Old July 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Thread opened by request.

Let the spam wars begin~
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
kennyj92
Beginning Trainer

Well I just wanted to comment on the matching game. I like it alot it looks like one of those addicting games I'm gonna play forever lol but great job it looked like it was pretty difficult to make but it looks like it came out great. Keep up the awesome work zel!
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Zel, please keep in mind, that no matter how much you work through, this hack would probably be the first to actually finish a Fire Red Hack.

Last edited by Christos; July 27th, 2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: dotdotdot
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Woah, Shiny Gold's back!
Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the next update.

My X/Y Team:

Old July 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
DietCokeSeeker
Beginning Trainer

I still have that save issue. When you say "for the first time" does that mean once you load it and forgot to switch it that it can never save? I've had this issue the entire time, but it never really hit home untill I beat the Elite 4. Back is the back up memory I am suppose to exchange?

Edit: Other than whine about my issue I should say this was the reason I joined up and other than the save issue this is the reason why I joined.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post

Let the spam wars begin~
Coughsurprisingtocoughhearthatcoughfromcoughamodcoughcough

Well, dont worry too much about it, because not like it'll remain open for a lot (maybe just two or three weeks, or maybe less), but I guess I can feel protected with your help meanwhile, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj92 View Post
Well I just wanted to comment on the matching game. I like it alot it looks like one of those addicting games I'm gonna play forever lol but great job it looked like it was pretty difficult to make but it looks like it came out great. Keep up the awesome work zel!
Thanks, I will be talking more about it at the end of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
Zel, please keep in mind, that no matter how much you work through, this hack would probably be the first to actually finish a Fire Red Hack.
Dont know, I've long stopped caring about rushing my work. If it gets finished first, meh, if it doesnt, meh x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Furatman View Post
Woah, Shiny Gold's back!
Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the next update.
Alright, here's the update:

I've recently uploaded the video to the matchup minigame:

Click Me! Matchup Minigame Video

Now I'll describe the game:

MINI-GAME No.3
"The Matchup mini-game

Basically, you all know what the matchup game is, the one where you have to find the pairs. Well, I got the idea of doing it with Pokeballs and Pokemon.

The game has three levels of difficulty, each varying the number of maximum mistakes you can make. Each level, besides, has three rounds (each varying the number of mistakes as well), the mistakes wont carry out from one round to another, so that's a big help, but of course, as the rounds or level increase, you have less mistakes to make, so things can get hard as you progress.

What are the prizes and costs? This minigame works solely on money. The idea is that every time you complete a round, you get the money you paid doubled. But... If you want to advance to the next round, you have to leave all that money you've gotten. However if you complete the next round, you get your money doubled again. Since I may have confused you, here's a simple example:

-You need $250 for the first round of the Easy mode, complete the round and you get $500. If you want to start the second round, you need those $500 but if you complete this second round you'll get $1000, and so on for another round (since each level has three rounds)

By the way, if you manage to defeat the three rounds of the Hard Mode, a new mode will become available. It'll be quite expensive and you'll require a gifted memory (or plain awesome luck... or some time and savestates ) in order to complete this extra mode, but you can start imaging that, since the game is expensive, if you double the cost...

That's all for the minigame. The thread will remain open just in case there's stuff to talk about the game. But, since I get the feeling I'll get some bug or glitches reports, I'll say it: I'm not interested yet in hearing them, so it's best to leave them for later (besides, I think I've heard everything already)
OK? No Bug/glitches reports, thanks.

Gah... Something else... Before we also get the usual "I cannot progress after the E4... why?" and similar posts, do the usual. If you have already started a New Game then, close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file for the game, open the emulator but this time, instead of just loading the rom, go first to Options->Emulator->Save Type and set the Flash128k option. After that you can load the rom and it'll save and load properly, so start a New Game with confidence (only avoid old savestates if you were using them, just create new savestates if you really need'em)

Oh yeah... Something else (again), dont forget the game is intended for being played on a PC. So, dont start asking me about "how can I make it work on xxxx" (xxxx = whatever weird thing you are trying to make the hack work for), because not like I'm a tech freak who has all the latest gadgets and stuff, I wont be able to help you. And I'm not gonna make the hack work for something I dont own (unless you want to buy it for me >.<)

Last edited by zel 2.0; July 27th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Looking good zel

I hope you do get this finished eventually tho
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Nice work on those minigames, they look like they took a lot of hard work, and I really can't wait to play them for myself!
Good to see that the progress is coming along smoothly as well, and, please people, no spam. LOL.
Are there going to be any more minigames put into it, or do you think you have enough already?
cheers =D

Last edited by Christos; July 27th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Disturbed
O.o

I've been waiting a while for this to be back up!

That minigame looks incredible! Nice job!
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post

Let the spam wars begin~
QFT

Anyway, glad to see you're making new minigames too. That reminds me of that beta card-flipping game in Gold that never got finished.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

That mini-game is very impressive, Zel, nice job! It must of taken a while to script that.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
You made a great script!! But will it have other rewards other than money?
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Anthony PoKéMOUNTAIN
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Anthony PoKéMOUNTAIN Send a message via AIM to Anthony PoKéMOUNTAIN Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Anthony PoKéMOUNTAIN
I like this project, it's a very good project with many scripts who are interesting. I'm french and I just want to know if you can do an French Version or other language versions ?
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
The thread is open again, yeah! :D
Nice mini-game.
When I was little, I used to LOVE match-up games with my dad.
I think I'll enjoy this mini-game.
GL! =3

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
kennyj92
Beginning Trainer

Hey zel, are you gonna reveal more minigames or are those a secret?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here