Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2008 (01:45 AM).
Team Kalos

It is perfect it is so cool i can't wait until it's done

I have a problem i can't save save the game the changing from 64k to 128k flash save didn't help
so I downloaded a patch which corrects the problem but than I can't play Shiny gold because they are both .ips files. so i was wondering is it possible to combine those two files.

here is the link yousendit.com/download/Q01IYUlpTk1wcFZFQlE9PQ
it is the save patch
Old August 21st, 2008 (01:50 AM).
BEST IN THE WORLD
Team Kanto

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Time:
and I thought I finished playing the hack (except the Jirachi event. I haven't found asingle clue about it in the game. )

anyways, I guess I thought wrong. Zel, after I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O
I thought Diglett's Cave was not accessable. oh well...

still a great game, zel.
keep it up~
do your best what you can!
Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.
Old August 21st, 2008 (03:07 AM).
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by Time:
I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O
I thought Diglett's Cave was not accessable. oh well...
Diglett's Cave is not accessable because B5 hack hasn't arrived there. The B5 finishes at Fuchsia City.
Old August 21st, 2008 (03:10 AM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by grigor:
Diglett's Cave is not accessable because B5 hack hasn't arrived there. The B5 finishes at Fuchsia City.

Digglet's cave is accessible, you battle ashlee at the end of it, her party is quite tough to beat.
Old August 21st, 2008 (07:45 AM).
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by deathmoon:
Digglet's cave is accessible, you battle ashlee at the end of it, her party is quite tough to beat.
Sorry.
I thought Time isn't using B5 because I observe in the screen that the map is incomplete.
Old August 21st, 2008 (07:52 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Team Kalos
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6.
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old August 21st, 2008 (02:08 PM).
Master Chris
Team Kalos

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Yahoo to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Skype™ to Satoshi-Ash
Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.

Old August 21st, 2008 (04:41 PM).
Starting anew...
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Satoshi-Ash:
Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.
Original Rocket Theme doesn't have big hopes, but Rocket's Battle Theme is

ALREADY inserted.
Old August 22nd, 2008 (02:40 PM).
Master Chris
Team Kalos

Send a message via AIM to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Yahoo to Satoshi-Ash Send a message via Skype™ to Satoshi-Ash
Quote originally posted by prince112:
Original Rocket Theme doesn't have big hopes, but Rocket's Battle Theme is

ALREADY inserted.
That's funny, because the theme that plays when you battle Rocket Member's is the Magma Boss Battle Theme. Also, couldn't he just rip the Rocket Theme from Ruby/Sapphire? It was put in the game but was never used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIMgLBrHv4&feature=related

Old August 22nd, 2008 (03:24 PM).
Espeon Lover
Team Johto

just wow. I've been playing this thing on and off today, and I love it. Great job!

ahh... remember the days?
Old August 22nd, 2008 (04:48 PM).
Starting anew...
Team Johto

That's funny, because the theme that plays when you battle Rocket Member's is the Magma Boss Battle Theme. Also, couldn't he just rip the Rocket Theme from Ruby/Sapphire? It was put in the game but was never used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIMgLBrHv4&feature=related
I mean, the Rocket Battle Theme is already inserted in Beta 6.

I aplogize for the confusion.
Old August 22nd, 2008 (08:24 PM).
Skipping over water.
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Bashful
I Beat this game and I swear to god it's the best hack I ever did play!
Old August 22nd, 2008 (08:42 PM).
Master Chris
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by prince112:
I mean, the Rocket Battle Theme is already inserted in Beta 6.

I aplogize for the confusion.
I see. Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Old August 23rd, 2008 (03:31 AM).
Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!'s Avatar
Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z! Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z! is offline
The shadow of Mismagius
Team Hoenn

I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!
Old August 23rd, 2008 (03:37 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da
Team Kalos

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by TorchicBlaziken:
I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!
Why are you still playing Beta 4. Beta 5 is on the 1st page. It might be fixed in Beta 5. Probably will be fixed in beta 6 if it hasn't already in beta 5.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 23rd, 2008 (04:17 AM).
Team Kanto

I'm playing beta 4 to because beta 5 doesn't work with the iphone...Someone knows how i can make beta 5 work?
Old August 23rd, 2008 (04:24 AM).
Jack of All Trades
Team Kanto

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
How do you get Articuno in this game? I saw on an earlier thread that somebody caught it.
Old August 23rd, 2008 (04:39 AM).
The chase is about to begin...
Team Unova

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by The Immortal:
Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.
Walk-trough-walls... so you dont need Arti to finish shinygold.
But when I finished mine i wandered about using it, and just look at what i found:

Nº1 - Viridian. Nothing special.

Spoiler:

Nº2 - Grandpa a.k.a. Old Man. Teh image of ULTIMATE WISDOM.(lol)

Spoiler:

Nº3 - Viridian Forest. It's alredy complete, it could have been inserted in beta 5.

Spoiler:

Nº 4 - Same trainer (lol)

Spoiler:

Nº 5 - Careful packaging.

Spoiler:

Zel, warn me if you want this post deleted.
Old August 23rd, 2008 (04:51 AM).
BEST IN THE WORLD
Team Kanto

I've seen all those already, I got Aerodactyl using the Old Amber.
Old August 23rd, 2008 (02:44 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2008 by Giovanni Boss.
Team Rocket's Head
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by Ramengan:
Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.
Use thief on Solrocks. It may be hard, but with some [ok, a lot of] luck, mainly because it's a rare poké, you'll get a Sun Stone.

Well, Zel, how is Feebas going to evolve?
And I'd like to ask you one thing: If you trade Pokémon locations, I mean those from beta 5, lease let me know so I can make a correct dex list for beta 6.
Also, just to remind you: Super Rod in Cerulean's Gym and Ruins of Alph. These are the missing.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old August 23rd, 2008 (10:05 PM).
Just droppin' by...
Team Kalos

Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

Quote originally posted by Silver Riolu:
Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6.
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck.
Quote originally posted by Magnius:
lol I might even take a stab at some of the songs Clonex25 already did now. No offense to him, but while he has a lot of good remix, I did listen to a few I felt didn't fit.
I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old August 24th, 2008 (02:31 AM).
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by clonex25:
Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.
lol don't take it too hard. I mean a lot of your remixes are good, but I feel that a few of them just don't take advantage enough of the hardware. But there is a lot of stuff I liked.
Old August 24th, 2008 (04:42 AM).
Team Kanto

Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com
Old August 24th, 2008 (04:46 AM).
Starting anew...
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by bigmoew:
Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com
No. How hard is it to download VBA (Visual Boy Advance)?

Many people use VBA but you...?
Old August 24th, 2008 (04:51 AM).
Team Kanto

The hell do I need to use VBA for? I'm in my car, driving to work and when I get there, I'm supposed to whip out my laptop? I'm using my Iphone. Also, I directed my comment to Zel, not some butthurt hanger-on.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links