The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Feerce_Kitty
Beginning Trainer

Ahh, so this is the amazing hack ive been hearing about. After only 20 minutes i can tell this game is awesome! The screens look amazing, the game looks amazing, and i give you lots of credit for trying this project as Nintendo wouldn't/wont. Good luck

--Alrite, well i just saw tis AWESOME screenie while searching!--
---And I was all like..NO WAI!! This looks hawt :O and---
----OMG,OMG, gotta do this! So friggin SMEXII!-----
-----N 'EN i took a WHACK at it-----
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Don'cha LUV it?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Ramengan
16-foot Poliwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Ehhhhmmmm... I really dont pay too much attention to "escape" routes into the dungeons I make, and I dont think I'll ever will, as making escape routes will surely destroy the difficulty of the maze. I try to do what I can, but I guess I'm expecting a bit of carefulness by the player :\
Of course, keep the maze's difficulty, but perhaps make that one part accessible by surfing, so that they can't get stuck there without surf. There's a labeled screenshot at the bottom of this post showing a simple fix. It won't affect the maze structure, I think. As long as that ledge is blocked by water, the player should be fine and won't get stuck, so at least the dark blue square should be covered. The whole light blue area would look better though, IMO.

Quote:
I wonder what kind of things are wrong about the dialogues? If it's about spelling or grammar errors, it'd be understandable, since I'm not english. But I stay a while thinking on the content of the dialogues so they do not end up too "uninteresting" (though some of the trainers are not too interesting to begin with ¬_¬)

If my staircase is long, then it's probably because you've never been at the bottom of the ocean... XD
Spelling and grammar are fine. I didn't notice any glaring errors in those areas. I myself don't mind most of the extra's dialogues, and their consistent appearances everywhere. The only ones that got me were Jess and Jamie. They seemed, unnatural, for some reason. Oh well.
And now that you remind me, the staircase makes much sense in perspective. Although I'm surprised the player doesn't get crushed under the incredible pressure from being at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote:
The Ghostbuster event is not obvious? That's right. And that's how it was supposed to be. It's OBVIOUSLY another way to make the player lose some time. Remember this is an RPG, where people should use their brain to think what he should be doing next. Besides, I think the president were really clear that "it doesnt work" and "someone in Johto had a working version" and "the guy likes ghosts"... if you need more clues... O.o

Thanks for the post. Took me a while to reply to everything but I hope you kinda get satisfied
I should've used my brain on that, and I do remember those clues in retrospect. I'm kicking myself now for being so dumb; I must not be used to thinking anymore during these lazy summer months.
Thank you. I'm very satisfied with this reply. Thanks. :D
Again, great job with everything. I am very pleased with this game, and I still can't wait for the next beta!

In other news, wild Farfetch'd are confirmed to rarely carry Sticks. I finally got two, and now I'm trying to get some Sun Stones from the elusive Solrocks. No luck so far.

EDIT: Probably gonna give up on Solrocks. They appear so infrequently that I can't keep going in with a 5% hope that one will have a Sun Stone. Just gonna have to wait a bit for more Bug Contests.
Attached Images
File Type: png Water area3.png‎ (161.5 KB, 147 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Ramengan; August 28th, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:59 AM
The Immortal
BEST IN THE WORLD

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Please, refrain from doing stuff with cheat codes
I just used 'Walk Through Walls' code and found an island somewhere with a cave which has Articuno inside.

And zel, Cleanse Tag doesn't work.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:40 AM
El Moss
General Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muffin man View Post
Quick question (maybe add it to the FAQ? :o ) : What moveset do the Pokemon use? I.e which of the games do their list of learned attacks come from?
Fire Red/Leaf Green, as that is the hacked version (And because Zel just said that in his post :P ) As far as I know Zel doesn't have time to get the whole Gold/Silver or Crystal (Slightly Different) movesets implemented.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Whats the point of changing movesets to GSC movesets? They basically learn what they do now, don't they? Just with more moves as well as some newer ones.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 28th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Ningamer
Mine is mine, yours is too!

I had to restart my game after finding out that you had to have it on 128k FROM THE BEGINNING!

I was at Olivine city... and I spent ages trying to pwn Whitney (Way too hard for the 3rd gym [heed my warning, Nintendo])

Zel, can you answer me this: What's rarer, Hoenn pokemon, Shiny pokemon or Legendary dogs (after you've freed them)?

Last edited by Ningamer; August 28th, 2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

Shiny Pokemon since it's still a 1/8192 chance.
Old August 28th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
1(the rarest): Shinies
2: Puppies
3(the most common): Hoenn Pokemon
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
ShinyGroudon
Beginning Trainer

i can`t play this with VBA
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Semblance
Trainer

I think the problem with the dialouge with every person uses the same formula, the rival talks trash about you and challenges you to a battle and then says that he/she'll beat you next time. If you look at every rival in the game exceptfro Amelia, they are lik that.
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM
TheSL
Beginning Trainer

I wonder what kind of things are wrong about the dialogues? If it's about spelling or grammar errors, it'd be understandable, since I'm not english. But I stay a while thinking on the content of the dialogues so they do not end up too "uninteresting" (though some of the trainers are not too interesting to begin with ¬_¬)
I'm the one doing the LP thread over on GameSpite, so I thought I might as well address this issue directly. I've greatly enjoyed the hack so far and its interesting to see your new take on the old game. My issue with the dialog (the main reason why I've dreaded fighting CARLOS, ARD, etc) is that it just feels, I don't know, unnatural. The use of light swear words ("crap") and copious ellipses ("...") just doesn't fit with the style of writing in the rest of the game. My suggestion would be to possibly have a native speaker of English proofread and edit your additions before the final release of your hack.

Anyways, I wish you continued success in your efforts! This has by far been the highest quality Pokemon hack I've played through, even in this beta state.
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Well, it's just stuff that happens on areas that I havent implemented on that Beta, so I cant worry about that (in fact, they are probably all fixed as I reached those areas), dont send bugs of areas I obviously havent worked on.
I wasn't reporting bugs, even I am not that stupid, it was just to show ppl the fun thigs that happen, like that guy who loaded a shinygold save onto a plain firered on youtube. It's just... the Old Man Deoxys was just too funny to escape :D

But as it was seen, the (former)Veridian Forest / Route 2 is, i think, COMPLETE, except for having a Full Restore stuck in a tree. It even has the Bug Catchers with L.70 Beedrils (again, lol, owned by lv. 45 Dragonair)! I think you could have included it on Beta 5 and put roadblocks in the entraces to Veridian and Pewter, instead of direcly ahead of the Diglett Tunnel.

The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.

Finallly, Hoenn... Crap.
It's crap because... it's Hoenn.
What I mean is: If i was making a hack wich takes place outside of Johto, i would probably include Goldenrod or Blackthorn as bonus, with an extra event, as they're landmarks. It would be a good idea to do it with Hoenn, but Hoenn DOES NOT have any landmark city. Sootopolis doesn't even close to the likes Saffron / Goldenrod / Jubilife...
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Ningamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGroudon View Post
how can i play the pokemon shiny gold?
i can`t play this with VBA
1. You need a ROM of Fire Red
2. You need the latest beta release
3. you need Lunar IPS
4. Open LIPS and click apply patch
5. Double click the beta file
6. Double click the FR ROM
7. Play it on your VBA, but be sure to go to Options->Emulator->Save type and click Flash 128K before you play

Or, read the first post to get all the same info!
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ramengan
16-foot Poliwag

@TheSL: Thanks for coming here and clearing stuff up. I'm quite enjoying the LP, too. It's been a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal View Post
I just used 'Walk Through Walls' code and found an island somewhere with a cave which has Articuno inside.

And zel, Cleanse Tag doesn't work.
It's Seafoam Islands from FR. If Zel follows the GSC path, it'll be empty, save for Blaine. If he decides to go a new route, like the Safari Zone (thank you, Zel), it will probably house something in the future, which may or may not be Articuno.
Just tested the Cleanse Tag, and yeah, it seems it doesn't work. Tried on sea and grass, high and low level Pokes, and nothing. That's strange, 'cause it should be in FR/LG's coding already. Or mabye it was useless in the first place. I wouldn't know, since I've always preferred running into pokes for exp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.
The Generation II TMs are there, excepting Rock Smash, which is now an HM in accordance with Generation III.

Old August 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
staminalight
♪ŦĦĘ ш☻ГŁĐ ĘŋĐŞ ŴļŦĦ ŶŐŮ☺

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to staminalight
I cant stop playing this fun game
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Shiun Enshidia
The Demon Nicknamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiun Enshidia
Zel! It's bee ages. This hack is the only reason I still linger on these boards. If this were elsewhere, I would be long gone. I forgot to post after you re-opened the topic, but meh. I've seen the new Mini-game. It's good...now to think of a question for you.
...no good I can't think of much. Except the new region. That's mostly secret right? I was wondering how you get there, the SS Anne, the Bulletrain (I can imagine it going over the sea). Otherwise, meh, keep going, remake Gold, Nintendo haven't done anything and their sitting on a Goldmine, keep on going.
Yeah...
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM
balkj06
Pokemon Kanto

how long til Beta 6 is done
i found a bule key in ice path wat is it for
do u know where i can start hacking and where did u start
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Banjora Marxvile

No asking for betas. Anyway, if you want to start hacking, look at tutorials and find some tools.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 29th, 2008, 02:26 AM
nitercap
Intense Master Trainer

hey Zel
Will beta 6 be the final beta?
I hope not
this game is the best its better than regular gold version
well GL on beta 6
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:31 AM
ShinyGroudon
Beginning Trainer

please i need help
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:26 AM
kyle12
Beginning Trainer

its good but it cant be save at start its saids (save error please exchange the back up memory)
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Read what people have been saying! Under Options go to Emulator then Save type,then click 128k. Then delete its .sav file. Then reload it and it should work

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Ningamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGroudon View Post
it don't worked.
please i need help
Yes you do. You really need help.
Old August 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Dark Sakurati
Gone

This is a Great hack I'm up to ceruleon city but cant find misty and a few poor things with the tiles such as ice path just out side of it and what are those strange rocks I see all the time?

To save change save type to 128k and tick real time clock and delete sav file.
Please don't cheat it kills the game.
Please don't ask for betas of the hack it's against the rules.
Anyways this is a great hack Zel and I hope it gets finished soon bye for now!
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Banjora Marxvile

The rocks block off where Zel is putting in beta 6. As for Misty, you must first fix the Magnet Train. Look aound for that part and how to do it in the help thread or ask there..

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills