The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
DiggorysGremlin
Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DiggorysGremlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnius View Post
You don't have to play it you know. If you've gotten nothing useful or nice to say, why post? I mean really, atleast point out these scripts or attempt to help Zel fix them.
Leave this guy alone. He's got a good point. it's pretty much just constructive criticism but in a different form. He raises a good point: "How good would Zel be in his own, original, hack?". That's a question worth answering.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Spheal; September 8th, 2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggorysGremlin View Post
How bout you search around the Toolbox area of the forums? Zel isn't your mother, he has a life [not saying your mother doesn't in all respect], which includes a job, uni assignments, SOCIAL INTERACTION [which is what people on this forum need] and family life too. So quit your beggin'.

Seriously, check the Toolbox area.

EDIT:

Leave this guy alone. He's got a good point. it's pretty much just constructive criticism but in a different form. He raises a good point: "How good would Zel be in his own, original, hack?". That's a question worth answering.
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it. This is the Shiny Gold thread. And still the other criticism he gave was baseless, because he made no attempt to even help Zel on what he criticizing him on(I'm referring to the bad scripts he was talking about). So in the end, that question is irrelavent to the topic. Like I said, he wants to criticize Zel on that, he's free to make his OWN topic about it. But don't fill up Zel's thread with irrelavent questions like that.
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I can haz haxburgrz?
<--- Making Shimmering Pearl

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I can haz haxburgrz?
OMG these minigames look amazing!!! i want the next beta soooo bad.. and when was trhe last one released? it was about 6months ago right?

Old September 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.

Nature: Relaxed
Seriously guys, lets get back on topic.
Quote:
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it.
Thank you. Stop criticizing every other person who asks for a hack tool cuz chances are they're new to the forum. Look at balkj. 2 posts. Do u think that everyone on this forum is a clone of urself?

Lets keep it calm, keep it calm.
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
abyssthesavior
i will never dissapear........

hey zel i forget can pichu be born with volt tackle in shiny gold? i mean its a fire red hack but...im not sure...i mean i tried it myself but to no avail so plz confirm for me thanx

abyssthesavior

Last edited by Spheal; September 13th, 2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Whenever I play this hack I just squeal in excitement for the final version! Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuo View Post
I have to ask, is anyone having any problems with saving? My game won't save at all...Which, unfortunately, means the game is over once I beat the elite 4. Anyone else having this problem?
Just press SHIFT+F1 to save
and F1 to load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
hey zel i forget can pichu be born with volt tackle in shiny gold? i mean its a fire red hack but...im not sure...i mean i tried it myself but to no avail so plz confirm for me thanx

abyssthesavior

click....DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMSSSSDAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! *abyss's music plays*
That feature wasn't introduced until pokemon emerald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance View Post
Bad scripts!? Can you say that you could of thought of a way to make the Phone system work? Could you have made all those Minigames? Sure, there's a few dialouge errors here but what else would you critize?

This is going to get as original as it get's. If you put anyone else in this position I doubt that they would have made a game better than this. Before you try to give negative comments to something, think of what you can do that's better than what he did. Honestly :\
Thank you for saying that! It needed to be said. (you earned a rambo smiley)

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Last edited by Ineffable~; September 8th, 2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Flandre Scarlet
Free your mind.

Nature: Adamant
This game is really great. :D
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:40 PM
DiggorysGremlin
Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DiggorysGremlin
Quote:
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it. This is the Shiny Gold thread. And still the other criticism he gave was baseless, because he made no attempt to even help Zel on what he criticizing him on(I'm referring to the bad scripts he was talking about). So in the end, that question is irrelavent to the topic. Like I said, he wants to criticize Zel on that, he's free to make his OWN topic about it. But don't fill up Zel's thread with irrelavent questions like that.
You know what? You've got a point. I agree.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Testing a bunch of remixes in-game. Basically my answer to Clonex25's "Minutes of Melodies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovNHb2glKVQ

Note: Most of these remixes are WIP's and may be changed.
Off Topic: Wow. Are you Spanish?

On Topic: Good. No, I mean, Excellent!!

I can never compare you and Clonex 25!!

You are both good at remixing Gold Music!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Surf

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
This was the first Hack i played it's great and it got me into hacking
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:38 AM
tiagooc
Beginning Trainer

Zel can you help me out?...i was using a old beta of the sg but there were some bugs..at the pokemon center....the map and no pokegear too...yesterday i saw this new beta and tryied it and it works fine its pretty cool but i can't save its already in flash 128k as you said...im using my old SG save file for this beta is that the problem?..i would really like to continue playing in my save in this better beta
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM
squirtle rocks!
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to squirtle rocks!
it wont work it says the 1 m sub circuit is not installed:s

suicune the level 99 Suicune!
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
jerryonhere
Wonder if I may come back..

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jerryonhere Send a message via Yahoo to jerryonhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle rocks! View Post
it wont work it says the 1 m sub circuit is not installed:s
Go to Options>Emulator>Save Type and click Flash 128K. That should work.

Last edited by jerryonhere; September 9th, 2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Oe...
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
Guy's and Gal's be warned whilst searching for Pokémon games on ebay I came across this.

But back to the subject, Zel I cannot believe that your game has come so far and there is still plenty to come.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
jAvAcOlA
Togepi

Originally Posted by Team Poison View Post
Guy's and Gal's be warned whilst searching for Pokémon games on ebay I came across this.
Is that a warning for pirating or to not buy that?
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAvAcOlA View Post
It's a Warning not to buy it because Shiny Gold is not yet complete and you would just be buying the beta release and also I will not buy it because it will feel like I am offending Zel.
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name
Zel can you help me out?...i was using a old beta of the sg but there were some bugs..at the pokemon center....the map and no pokegear too...yesterday i saw this new beta and tryied it and it works fine its pretty cool but i can't save its already in flash 128k as you said...im using my old SG save file for this beta is that the problem?..i would really like to continue playing in my save in this better beta
Yes, that does appear to be your problem. Using the same ROM base for patching (double patching) generally does not work well. It creates bugs that are not the fault of the creator of the hack, and I'm pretty sure that holds true for "converting" save files as well.
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
jAvAcOlA
Togepi

Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.
What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?
I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*
Old September 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
tacofire47
pokemon master

this game is awesome i've been playing it for 5 days now!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Well Zel, giving a big compliment here, I actually just restarted my game on SG after beating it already, and it's still fun :) I love the hack and everything about it, I wish you the best of luck on anything else that happens in the next beta!!!!!!!
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:01 PM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
I'm also Portuguese and if he needs help I'm here, but please, if you want to help, keep in mind that it will be a Portuguese translation, not a Brazilian Portuguese translation (so no "você é um mau cara. Droga!")

And about the fly posts it will be that way, there are not enough.
Iam Portuguese too =D ;) i would help too if needed
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?

In Development. People Needed.
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*
I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.

Well, I played all trough beta 5 on the X version, and it may sound silly, but it still think it is too easy. It may just be me, but a XX verion would be welcome, at least from me XD.

Sponsored Links