Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

Advertise here
Lapras use the same time-based script the barry trees use, kurt uses, etc.
I think it uses the gameplay time, not steps.
Hi.
I'm Brazilian, by the way.
So, feel free to speak portuguese with me.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
I think it's every ten minutes, but I can't be sure. I think iut may fluctuate a bit occasionally but that seems rather unlikely.
Credit to Dukey for this awesome signature!
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:54 AM
khalid rusydi
Beginning Trainer

what is pokemon shiny gold?
thats mean all pokemons are shiny?
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid rusydi View Post
...No. Its a remake of Gold. Read the first page for more info on what it is.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 20th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Chaostorm
Elite Four

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid rusydi View Post
didnt u read the very first Page of this Thread??

let me tell u about it.
Pokemon Shiny is a Rom Hack Of Pokemon fireRed and in the same time its a Remake Of the Old Game Pokemon Gold. Unlike Pokemon Gold. Pokemon Shiny Gold have much more events than pokemon gold. also Celebi Event is Included and its Easier than in Pokemon gold.

P.S
i think this was ur first post. why dont u introduce urself in New Users Section? Nervous?? no need to be Nervous. everyone here are good to new users

Old September 20th, 2008, 02:22 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
Well, as we all know, Fire Red does not have a clock. Programming one in would be pretty near impossible, if not completely. So, to my knowledge, Zel simply replaced time events with "step events", or when a random (or potentially set, I dunno) number of steps needs to be taken for the event to begin again. So, let's say it's a set variable of, I dunno, 1,000 steps for a Lapras. 1,000 steps later, there's your Lapras. I dunno if that's exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it's a good general mindset.
I know that... I was simply reminding that it's a time event, not a one-time one...
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:36 AM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Oh. I dunno how it works, to be honest. I was just taking a wild guess. I didn't know you could use ingame time to measure something, but hey, I'm not a hacker yet. I guess the important thing is that it's recurring and doesn't take too long to happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK
>_> I know that... I was simply reminding that it's a time event, not a one-time one...
Oh, I know. I was just kinda elaborating. I don't think it's a bug either though; it'd be downright impossible to incorporate any sense of a clock into a Fire Red/Leaf Green game, so I think it's happening just the way Zel wants it.
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Wenrare
Bringer of Destruction

Nature: Relaxed
*CRIES* For some reason i cant carry over my save from beta 4 over... and even when i hit start for beta 5, the ROM IMAGE CRASHES!?!? WTF I CANT SAVE, USE ITEMS, OR SWITCH POKEMON!
In order of Awesomeness and Wantness:

Shiny Gold 1!

Moonshine 2!

Clear Diamond 3!
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:04 AM
JJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrare View Post
*CRIES* For some reason i cant carry over my save from beta 4 over... and even when i hit start for beta 5, the ROM IMAGE CRASHES!?!? WTF I CANT SAVE, USE ITEMS, OR SWITCH POKEMON!
Just DON'T. I know it's frustrating, but you'll have to start over. Also, ask this kind of questions in the help thread - the link is on the 1st page.
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM
amassenburg
Unhatched Egg

i aplied the patch on it id after the intro after choosing your name it just turns black and i cant do anything... can some one help me?

i REALLY waNT TO PLAY THIs GAME
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

did you patch it to a clear freshly downloaded rom???

Old September 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Wenrare
Bringer of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyangel91792 View Post
did you patch it to a clear freshly downloaded rom???
Yes i did

So i did your idea JJK and even when i hit new game on beta 5 and press start the rom image crashes! A FRIGGIN FATAL ERROR!

Shiny Gold 1!

Moonshine 2!

Clear Diamond 3!
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrare View Post
Yes i did

So i did your idea JJK and even when i hit new game on beta 5 and press start the rom image crashes! A FRIGGIN FATAL ERROR!
The only problems I can think of are;

1) You tried to patch over your old Shiny Gold ROM, which is not good. You need to use a fresh, untouched Fire Red ROM for the game to work properly.

2) The ROM you used for the patching was bad. Try downloading it from a different source, or try reuploading it if you were using a cable.

3) I have no idea why this would be it, but did you use the 128k save format? I would think so, and I don't know why it would cause it to do that, but give it a shot.

You could always try restarting your computer, too. That used to work for me when I used to have troubles like that.

Also, as previously stated, you cannot reuse your old save from an old beta. That's something you pretty much agreed to when you downloaded the beta, although maybe Zel should include that in the introduction just to get the point across. XP
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ruphire
Feel the icy burn

Nature: Quirky
Very awesome hack! I love this hack sooooo much.
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Wenrare
Bringer of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
The only problems I can think of are;

1) You tried to patch over your old Shiny Gold ROM, which is not good. You need to use a fresh, untouched Fire Red ROM for the game to work properly.

2) The ROM you used for the patching was bad. Try downloading it from a different source, or try reuploading it if you were using a cable.

3) I have no idea why this would be it, but did you use the 128k save format? I would think so, and I don't know why it would cause it to do that, but give it a shot.

You could always try restarting your computer, too. That used to work for me when I used to have troubles like that.

Also, as previously stated, you cannot reuse your old save from an old beta. That's something you pretty much agreed to when you downloaded the beta, although maybe Zel should include that in the introduction just to get the point across. XP
1) No, look at my answer to 2) --> 2) No, I have been using the same Fire Red game, copying it, and then patching the hacks i download, this is the only hack thats done this to me! 3) Yep, thats why i could play it in beta 4!

Oh and i restarted my computer yesterday! I also tried to play Shiny Gold yesterday!

Shiny Gold 1!

Moonshine 2!

Clear Diamond 3!
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

Using previous save states isn't actually possible [don't know anyone who could do it]. Restart your game, as JJK said.
Hi.
I'm Brazilian, by the way.
So, feel free to speak portuguese with me.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
ke14nt
king of Kingz

hey just want to ask u guys... were did this game really end?? can i go to pallet town or ot just in fuschia?? i'm just waiting for the nx beta for 5 months now and there is still no beta 6..
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
waiting4b6
Bursting Fire creator

Does anyone know how to get a pichu on shiny gold?
(Without Breeding if possible)
Old September 21st, 2008, 01:07 AM
crazyq11
HI Glad to meet you =)

hi i just started playing this hack today and i wanted to say thanks for all your hard work because its a really fun and great game plus silver/gold was my first poke games and this brings back memories so thanks again and i hope you have good luck in all you do =)
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:10 AM
Aquilae
=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aquilae
Well, I didn't have any problems exporting my old B4 save to B5 (In VBA, Export Battery on your old save and Import Battery on the new beta). I doubt you can even patch savestates over so exporting and importing the main save file is the best way to try to do it.

Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AquiIae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf, on Anti's social life
Ive seen dead tree stumps who get more action
Old September 21st, 2008, 06:28 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Using a previous beta save is possible, as long as Zel hasn't switched maps between beta's. If he has switched maps, save the previous beta save in a pokemon center.

Although it is not recommended to use a previous beta save, since it can mess up events in the next beta and other weird glitches.
Hacks that I support inside spoiler
Spoiler:

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

hmmm some people were saying that if you patch beta 6 over 5 you can continue with the same save i wonder if thats true??? zel is it???

Old September 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

Actually i have a question for Clonex if he/she happens to be around. I noticed you contributed to the remixing of the music and I've listened to your remixes on your thread, I have to ask this: What was the prog you used for remixing? Sorry if this isnt relevent to the SG convo but yea cant pm you.

In Development. People Needed.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
alioh7
Beginning Trainer

I have a question for you Zel,will you add the starters signature moves as in Frenzy Plant,Blast Burn andHydro Cannon?

Looking forward for B6! its gonna be a blast.

Last edited by alioh7; September 22nd, 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
JJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alioh7 View Post

I have a question for you Zel,will you add the starters signature moves as in Frenzy Plant,Blast Burn andHydro Cannon?

Looking forward for B6! its gonna be a blast.
Plz delete the other part of your post, we're trying to keep it secret
And those three moves were available in FR in the form of move tutor, they will probably be so in the final beta, but we're not sure what to do with the move tutors yet.

Last edited by JJK; September 22nd, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here