The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:49 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
hey i found a weird glitch where you can get a badge and get a new starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsUJym7PCo&mode=related&search=
>> That's the old Kanto Glitch you could perform in B3 due to the weird work of teleport.

"Yes sir. They are."

Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Dr.Garchomp
Mr.Gaburiasu

Nature: Calm
Quoted by zel:"No, please, give some respect to the other hackers' work. Fine that you like what I do, but I think that kind of sentences makes them really start to get angry at me or my work. Let's just wait to see what the future has for us. As I said before: if the hack wins, cool, if not, meh..."(lol, I put it in wrong; )

You really should give yourself credit zel, this hack is probably the best on all of pokecommunity.(no offense to other rom hackers, including myself) You've done a really great job.
You should be proud of it

Dr.Garchomp

Last edited by Dr.Garchomp; September 2nd, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!
It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
FEG
Beginning Trainer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to redo the Pokedex like that would involve repointing all the name and/or Pokedex pointers, wouldn't it?
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach805 View Post
It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.
I think I remember Kike Scott saying that it would be extremely difficult and would take wayy too much time to do for it to be truly practical.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT
Well at least you know how to do it, everybody else doesn't have a clue on most of the stuff you do.

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Blitzballer
Sarcasm: now GMO-free.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

I agree completely, and if you [Zel] really wanted to justify it, since Oak gives you the pokedex you could have him say "Oh, sorry the Kanto-dex is all I have"
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
loganmaster123
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to loganmaster123
Woot Woot my first post!!! 12:42 on my journey to look at every hack... Anyway this hack truly is the best hack ever(besides mine of course O.o). Its the first one I had ever seen. It was on ebay :/ .
I bought it of course... Beta 2. It was still cool but not the same D: .

Click this only if you have an Xbox.
Spoiler:
If you have Halo 3 and Xbox live, add me . My GamerTag is MobilizedNebula. No spaces.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach805 View Post
Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.
YUP! If zel can pull the phone booth through, then this would be the greatest hack ever made in history!

Good luck, zel! And happy hacking to all hackers!

I can't wait for this hack to be finished! But take your time!!! Good luck again!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
pokemon1412
Beginning Trainer

phone booth will be good idea...

geez...

good luck Zel, I will be waiting for this...
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:05 AM
Went
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by girifarig View Post
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?
Oh, well, I think he said that your mother, instead of the VS seeker, would give you a beeper (or pager, or whatever is called), so you can receive calls.

"Yes sir. They are."

Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Zowayix
hi

...then where would you get the vs seeker?

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)
Never mind that, bad idea.

Last edited by Zowayix; September 3rd, 2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:33 AM
Went
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
Umm... Nowhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by first post View Post
There are some problems with some people's sprites when using the VS-Seeker, pay no attention to VS-Seeker problems, this item will no longer exist in the next releases
In fact, the only purpose of adding the VS seeker was replacing the telephone (you could only battle with the same trainers than in Gold), and, since he is going to add it in the next beta... what would be its purpose now?

"Yes sir. They are."

Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Quote:

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)
You know, it kinda SUCKS if you want to have an error in the phonebooth, Zel is a really great hacker and I know He wont do that. Only bad hackers leave things away!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Basically, it's not like I have to make a script for every single Phone Booth, because all of them share how they work (there's an exception on the script in the part of Mom, because she needs to know where you are calling her from, so that little part makes me need a bit of different scripts for her, but besides that, the rest is a single and giant script that works for any phone booth)
Don't worry, all of the phone boothes will be working then.

And as it was said, you receive a beeper (called "PokéBeeper", too creative, huh?), to make up for the lack of an excuse for receiving calls. So now, instead of calls, you'll receive text messages :D

By the way, the VS.Seeker will not show up starting from the next Beta. With all the new remakes appearing, and using the VS.Seeker as way to substitute the Pokegear, I think I needed something to be different now.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Zowayix
hi

oh, I get it. I didn't see the part on the 1st post about the vs. seeker not being the next betas.

Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?
Most likely, but using older saves would cause problems anyway.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
That's why I usually wait until the end of a hack until I play it.
Unless, I just want to feel the maps and tiles.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Corona
Trainer

Well if the save file wont work (most likely they will just cause MAJOR problems) I will have to download VBA link again so I can keep my Shiny Tododile and shiny Tentacool XD

Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRide View Post
Well if the save file wont work (most likely they will just cause MAJOR problems)
Exactly, and Zel said w/each beta he changes some offsets, so that would really mess you up.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here