Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:30 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the phonebooth!!!

zel's the greatest!!!
Keep it up, zel!!!
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:00 AM
a2h
ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C

The phone booth looks great, can't wait to test it out!
This place is srs biz

a2h.uni.cc
twitter.com/a2h_
steamcommunity.com/id/a2h
Pt: 5370 6433 2751
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Zowayix
hi

Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?
Writing a haiku
with seventeen syllables
is really diffi--
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?
He hasn't finished the rematch trainers' scripts, so it isn't entirely finished yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothernot View Post
I don't remember Zel mapping the routes east and north of Lavender, or Lavender/Rock Tunnel.
Because he mapped them in the three weeks the thread was closed.
"Your loyalties... are they clear?"

"Yes sir. They are."

Old September 9th, 2007, 08:08 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
I know the flying post issues have already been talked about, but I think it'd be worth mentioning that flying to New Bark Town sometimes results in the game thinking that it's in Pallet Town (but the map is still New Bark Town). Thus, the map turns to Kanto. However, fly to Pallet Town again, and it becomes New Bark Town again and back to the islands map. What was interesting though, was that if you fly to New Bark Town and thus turning the map to Kanto, you could fly to route 10 (aka PC by Mt. Moon) except you'd end up in Blackthorn City. I'll be honest here: going round places trying to find the flying post for various places is actually quite fun...until you crash the game that is.

Keep up the good work anyways
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Zowayix
hi

zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.
Writing a haiku
with seventeen syllables
is really diffi--
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.
Zel said the map isn't on his Priority list yet.
So instead of lazy flying, use the bike >>
Hacks that I support inside spoiler
Spoiler:

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?

Keep it up.
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrod View Post
[FONT="Lucida Grande"]I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?
Because Zel posted these 2 posts a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Here, I finished the video of the Phone Booth, just remember I still need to do that part of talking with Mom and Elm, I'll be working on that for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

More information on how the trainers' scripts will be affected now with the Phone Booth will come as soon as I finish working on their scripts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Thanks. Sorry for the spam.
Anyways, good luck with the rest of the hacks.

...by the way.
The signpost doesn't go very well with the rest of the tiles. It's good, don't get me wrong.
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
koji_234
Beginning Trainer

The phonebook is so cool...CAn't wait to use it!!! Great work Zel!
One question-On beta 2(want to complete the most of it)the sick miltank, if you give enough oran berries to it, will something happen?
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Well, most likely, if there were questions, they were all already answered, so, since I don't have much intention of answering anything right now, I'll just skip to the good part.

Which is a pair of videos showing how the trainers' scripts and the Phone Booth's scripts combine. The first video shows how you register trainers on the Phone Card (as long as there's memory space), while the second video shows how you get rematches (after insisting for a while, you'll need some patience to get a rematch)

Video1 - Registering Trainers on the Phone Card
Video2 - Getting a Rematch Battle

Yawn... I'll just make my post on the MotM thread and come back after I sleep. I need to do some stuff for my Uni first, but after that, I'll start taking screenshots for my "screenshot release season"

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

I watched the videos, they looked great. I was just wondering about something involving the Phone Booth. Will you be able to register any trainer into it, or only specific trainers, like in gold?
Gone.
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:28 AM
birthofdna
Togepi

I think only specific trainers, plus Mom, Prof. Elm, and Bill.

FAVORITE POKEMON:
DEOXYS, the DNA POKEMON (hence my username)
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:35 AM
milton
Beginning Trainer

The phone is WONDERFULL
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kazaam~ View Post
I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.
Wrong, that feature first appeared in Crystal. I guess no.
"Your loyalties... are they clear?"

"Yes sir. They are."

Old September 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
Crystal introduced getting special items from people, but some trainers in gold, silver AND crystal let you know of special "there's loads of XXXXXX swarming in route XX. Come quick and get one". Although that'll be difficult to code in and it's not the most important thing to get coded, although newbies might like it so they know where to get soemthing.

On a slightly negative note, I know the phone booth is really well made and all, but is there any chance the people's names can be programmed to show up cos "mem 4" and "mem 9" aren't exactly memorable if you know what I mean. If it's too hard then no worries. I was the one that hated getting calls from random people saying "HEY PETER! I SAW A PIDGY" or "Hey Peter. My charmander burnt my balls off" or "HEY PETER! I SAW A TREE!!!!!" and so on.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who doesn't like the credits music being used for the johto/kanto route with the guy saying "you took your first step into kanto! check your map". Game is on other PC so I can't check the actual route number, but you know the one.

EDIT 2: Another question sorry. Is it possible, once you get the music thing sorted, to have different music for Johto and Kanto matches like in Gold and Silver? I remember my first Kanto battle. Very random music! But still cool!

Last edited by bobmarleypeople; September 10th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
john55
Meh

I was wondering if you could tell us how many songs will be changed in the next beta?
Nice videos by the way though.
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Blitzballer
Sarcasm: now GMO-free.

Nature: Jolly
WOW! That is simply amazing. Most people wouldn't think it is as big a deal as some of the other changes, but being able to battle your friends again was one of my fav. parts of the original gold =]
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
~Dai-kun~
The black wind howls again...

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Dai-kun~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Dai-kun~
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Si1v3r Ph03nix
Music Production| Trying to get back into doing music for rom hacks|
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Daisuke~ View Post
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.
simple, faster computer=faster VBA, but if you don't have a faster computer I guess you could always just change the frame rate I guess (but I may be wrong

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
~Dai-kun~
The black wind howls again...

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Dai-kun~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Dai-kun~
My comp is fast it's probably the frame frate. Like I said it's just SG.Never mind
Xbox Live Gamertag: Si1v3r Ph03nix
Music Production| Trying to get back into doing music for rom hacks|
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

The "Phone Booth" is a good addition. It gives more originality to the storyline of Gold, Silver and Crystal. Since adding extra rivals and Hoenn Pokemon isn't much, I mean.

Good luck with any more extra auditions.
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Rob2243
Beginning Trainer

zel when can we catch lugia and when are you going to relaese the phones?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here