The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
-Hits his head against a wall- WTF? The battle frontier opening? O.o Why, in the world? Do you know how amazingly impossible would be to insert that into a ROM? And that guy isn't Carlos, is Noland, they look similar but aren't the same person. And the same goes for the underground town or whatever: thre is a limited amount of pokemon you can battle against in a trainer battle. If there is room for more trainers, zel has already planned the Battle Tower in Vermillion, soo...

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
i got a question for u zel but ill wait when u done postin
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:45 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-man View Post
One thing I was wandering though is whether you're gonna include the stat boosting berries (salac, starf, ganlon etc) cos since every pokemon will be obtainable i thought it'd b good if all the berries were as well, (maybe one as a trick house reward?) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!
We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from.
As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiun Enshidia View Post
Did you know there are several places which are actually hidden in Violet City? There is a way to reach them but I'd rather not say as its pretty obvious. If I could get a map of them would you use them? Or are you sticking to what Pokemon Gold has to offer and not what not made the cut?
Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
@zel@ Will the Johto map be in the next Beta. Mastermind_x has returned from vacation so the tutorial should be up soon.
We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2243 View Post
zel were can i get your tiles?
Just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultjuuh View Post
i mean when you enter victory road.I cant get through it: when i take the ladder to the right i cant find my way through the ice part. ill always end up in the grass part. is there a walkthrough for the victory road?
Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

Quote:
i really hope that zel could try to put the pokemon battle frontier extended opening in.it would be so cool.go on youtube and look at
"pokemon battle frontier opening"and tell me if u think it would be good in shiny gold put it a number out of ten i'd give it 9/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post
Uhh...not sure why you want it in cos the opening kinda sucks, unless you mean the fact that CARLOS IS IN THE OPENING!!!

See attachment to understand (not enough posts to link to outside yet)
Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... )

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

Old September 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

Just PM me.

Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... )

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

Those are awesome

Is that a new grass tile I see?

Old September 16th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Dr.Garchomp
Mr.Gaburiasu

Nature: Calm
Wow, I love the lamposts and all the other diamond and pearl tiles. Do you plan on changing all of the tiles to be like ones from D/P?

Dr.Garchomp
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Nice bushes and the streetlamps are really nice. I noticed you also changed the railroad. The game looks better and better! But... the rock in the beach still has a problem (just above Gold's head)

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:55 AM
once in a blue mew
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to once in a blue mew
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
I love the Phone Booth. The sign box looks a lot like the text box from D/P And you might as well put all D/P Tiles while you're at it, because I'm noticing a lot of D/P tiles, like the gym, trees, PC's, and PM's. I love the hack, please don't quit. And another little question, when will Beta 5 be released? And PokeBeeper?

Credit to Zel for the Game, I just screen shotted the part where your rival pushes you.
I claimed;
~*~ ~*~

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I feogrt who ollanirigy had tihs but wohveer did. TAHNKS
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:56 AM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
nice screenies so where the battle tower is right in where surge is how is the battle tower gonna work???
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Binary
え?

Wow the pictures are great!!!
I dont have words.
Keep it up
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

JoyRide: Don't know which grass are you refering about... I think all the grassy stuff has already been shown in the thread.

Dr.Garchomp: No, the idea still is to make the hack a "mix" of generations, with some tiles from Gold, some from FR and some from DP (It would have all the DP tiles if this were a remake of DP, which is not)

Went: No, it's the rock's shadow... >.< (Nah, I'm just joking... I didn't really made a correct tile for that, I know, I know, tile changing stuff... )

once in a blue mew: And I still want to improve my PC and Mart tiles (not my Gym, I'm happy with it )
Funny... I haven't touched the textboxes...
No releasing dates asking, thanks. It'll come out when I feel it's time.

trevor813: I'm still not implementing that area (I guess once I finish the next Beta, I'll have a good guess of how many trainers I can take advantage from... But, just a little spoiler...)
Spoiler:
Phantom Trainers... OoO (What do I mean with that? Hmmmm)

shinygoldash(which is kinda funny to see members with Shiny Gold as their usernames XD): But, the intro has Pokemon fighting and all that stuff... I don't really want to change the intro, as there are more important stuff to work on, if you were refering about modifying the intro.
And about the Trick House, it is available since the beginning, so there's no need for keys for enabling anything. It follows the basic idea of the Trick House: Whenever you beat a Gym, the puzzles change in order to use the new skills gotten.

Old September 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM
JOOra
Beginning Trainer

I'm liking the phone booth ideia, but isn't it a bit too much two in the same screen?
I think only one per city would be enough, but it's ur hack....
Keep it up!
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
trick house????? O_O **loads up VBA to find it**
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:03 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

the trick house will be in beta 5
i wonder when it'll come out.i know it's soon

zel is the best hacker i have ever heard of.
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post
trick house????? O_O **loads up VBA to find it**
Don't waste your time, it wont be there until beta 4.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

Great hack zel, i relly cant belive that i have been reading like the 175 last pages of shiny golds forum, Shiny gold is the reason to i join this plase, so keep up, and your new tiltle i locking great!!!
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach805 View Post
Don't waste your time, it wont be there until beta 4.
you mean beta five right?

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Paultjuuh
Beginning Trainer

@shinygoldash: there is no way to get to the boulder in that area, im pretty sure. also the other ladders wont get me further anyway this game is super and i hope to get further
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Vincent11998
Master Trainer

When I went to Goldenrod City,my name changed from VINCENT to VINNT. Is this a glitch?
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM
martauros
Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent11998 View Post
When I went to Goldenrod City,my name changed from VINCENT to VINNT. Is this a glitch?
Yes, the same problem happens to me! Zel, maby when you'll enter 6 or 7 letters name, the game will cut it (makes 2 letters shorter). I had Marcin, and when I saved and load the game, it cuts it to "marn":\

Niech KAŻDY kto zna polski wyśle mi prywatną wiadomość, PROSZĘ
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
I mean just like you did with Bugcatcher Ard and Carlos!
Because if you do that you can give Lance the Champion Title,
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it ! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)

Pizzakoe

Last edited by pizzakoe; September 16th, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent11998 View Post
Yes,it's one of the legendary glitches no one knows how it happens. Can you give some information of what you did before?

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
you mean beta five right?
Oh, yeah yeah yeah....beta 5 not 4.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Vincent11998
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Yes,it's one of the legendary glitches no one knows how it happens. Can you give some information of what you did before?
When this glitch happened,I went to Goldenrod City and talked to this Pokemon Name Rater and than my name changed.
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.
YOU'RE THE BEST ZEL! if u want me to give u the maps for mt silver just pm me

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)

Last edited by shinygoldash; September 16th, 2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
I mean just like you did with Bugcatcher Ard and Carlos!
Because if you do that you can give Lance the Champion Title,
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it ! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)
Quote:
is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.
YOU'RE THE BEST ZEL! if u want me to give u the maps for mt silver just pm me

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)
Is there even going to be a battle tower in shinygold?

Pizzakoe
Or maybe he could make a new just-a-trainer script and for the music on the script would a clone of the champion music (I don't know if you can do that or not just making a suggestion)

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links