The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
As my Usertitle says I'm a bit overwhelmed with stuff, so I have to be with that before I can start hacking again (you all know, studying > hacking ), so meanwhile, I'll just answer what I have and wave a goodbye till Thursday or maybe a bit later, don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSenorQueso View Post
I mean hear the roar.Like in the video.
I'm still confused... They'll be as they are in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
Can you make it so after you complete all the puzzles in the game you can visit them again just go through them again (like a repeating puzzle?)
The problem are the flags involved. There's a lot of them, so clearing everything doesn't sound that cool, but, anyway, the original T.House closed after the last puzzle, so it's gonna be the same here (with the difference we'll have a whole lot more puzzles, as SG is a longer game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTailzChao View Post
Well after watching the video showing how the legendary dog's randomness will work, have you ever considered actually giving us an item that tells us if one of them is nearby when we enter a route?

In my honest opinion, that would make finding them a LOT less annoying. Plus you pretty much already have it programmed in.
Even though I could do something to make the script a little less complicated, I really don't have the intention of doing it (unless it's a massive request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainer lupe View Post
hey zel will you change the sprites of some gym leaders like morty u know to make it more realistic
Not really necessary to change sprites till the end, we are still in Beta phases so, there's no need to be changing everything so the game is more realistic, at least, not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-oh arabia View Post
keep it up Zel.almost every member here at these forums supports you. I really liked battle music from gold version and the music when you fight lance at the end of elite four. is there any chance of implanting those songs again in the next beta?
Remember the problems I have with Lance's Trainer Class, he'll still have that "Elitefour" class, which means no different battle music for him. We'll keep researching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girifarig View Post
Woot!this hack keeps getting better and better every time I visit!
Spoiler:
Just a thought, Zel, But have you ever given any thought to adding in the Kanto battle frontier form the anime (for possibly beta 6 0r 7) it would be a great side quest after obtaining the 16 original badges.
Answer Spoiler with Spoiler... XD

Spoiler:
No, because that's a hell lot of work. With Kanto, Johto, and maybe some minor island(s) here and there, we'll be fine. In the end, we are doing a remake of GS, so the anime doesn't have too much to do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor813 View Post
what about pokerus? for the players pokemon ?? unless this is answered already
What? You want me to manipulate the rus? What for? No, absolutely no manipulation of stuff that could be used for cheating (the Red Gyarados is some kind of exception, but that 'cause it was in the original)

And that concludes this post. ^o^

Old October 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Aw man Zel! Your link to Ashlee doesn't work!

Could you send it again or something? The one you sent me is like a broken link or something.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Answer Spoiler with Spoiler... XD

Spoiler:
No, because that's a hell lot of work. With Kanto, Johto, and maybe some minor island(s) here and there, we'll be fine. In the end, we are doing a remake of GS, so the anime doesn't have too much to do here.
Spoiler:
Some minor island here and there?! What is that supposed to mean? Please, don't say you're going to put fanmade location into a GSC remake. Please, don't do it! If you want an extra location, let it be Sevii Islands.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:21 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Spoiler:
Some minor island here and there?! What is that supposed to mean? Please, don't say you're going to put fanmade location into a GSC remake. Please, don't do it! If you want an extra location, let it be Sevii Islands.
Spoiler:
But he's using the Sevii Islands to BE Johto, so it would be better to use a new island

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
Spoiler:
But he's using the Sevii Islands to BE Johto, so it would be better to use a new island
You both do realize that he wrote that to say that he's NOT going to stick anything like that in. I had merely asked if he could include the Kanto battle frontier, and he said that it would be too much work and compared it to inserting a new island. Zel is not going to be inserting any new islands into shiny gold.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
DarthSenorQueso
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

good point.... but they are not big maps to recrate.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
palkey1
noobie hacker ( very bad )

how long does it take to make a hack because i have other things to do but i want to make a hack?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
DarthSenorQueso
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
well i like the new video
i think the music should be changed for the legendarys, but not yet as this isnt the most important thing at the moment

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
ablahblah987

Would it be possible to make Whirlpool into an HM or even a TM so we don't have to use Clamperl? Or is that even desirable? I think that would be a big improvement so I assume that there were technical reasons for not doing that originally.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
Would it be possible to make Whirlpool into an HM or even a TM so we don't have to use Clamperl? Or is that even desirable? I think that would be a big improvement so I assume that there were technical reasons for not doing that originally.

i think zel said he can change TMS into HM's and have moves made into TMS

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ho-oh arabia
Yeah, i started the fire.

tried to make a hack of emerald, failed miserably due to instability. fellow rom hackers, stay away from emerald. friend of mine brought shiny gold to school today and called it his own hack... stupid SOB...
98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
My FC-0000 9782 1250 pm me for name.
I claim:
Old October 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
koji_234
Beginning Trainer

ablahblah987, earlier in this post(don't remember who) helpfully posted that if you search enough with the chance for a hoenn pokemon(don't remember where) you can find a Wailmer eventually learning whirlpool if you don't like a clamperl
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
ablahblah987

Thanks but let's say I would prefer not to use either of those two. I just think the game would be a lot better if we could pick which pokemon we wanted to give it to.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-oh arabia View Post
tried to make a hack of emerald, failed miserably due to instability. fellow rom hackers, stay away from emerald. friend of mine brought shiny gold to school today and called it his own hack... stupid SOB...
How did he bring it to school? Did he possibly by a Flash cart and download it?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
hey i need help with the underground rocket thing

i dont know how to get to the warehouse please help me!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

Post above:

If you're talking about the bit where you go through the Underground Pass, it isn't that hard. Beat all the trainers and turn all of the switches on from the right. Thats what I did, it shouldn't take long. You'll get it.

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Hey fellow Shiny Gold lovers, I created another Trainer Banner.

This time it's your rival, Ashlee and her evil Pikachu!

Here's the code if you want.

Code:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8782/ashleepf4.gif
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
suoert
Beginning Trainer

that would be so cool.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
Quote:
Originally Posted by suoert View Post
is zel going to put mew in this game?
that would be so cool.
Uguuu~ If you weren't new, and I wasn't so kind, you would've got a whole load of "OMGWTFBBQ111 READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST!!!!" But instead I'll explain.

Zel has said many times throughout the thread that all 386 pokes will be catchable in the game (no diamond and pearl pokes cos they're not programmed into FireRed which this hack is based on).

Aren't I a nice guy
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

yeah that is explainable.well if u wanna know where mew will be he will more likely be on faraway island

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
tphi
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Rash
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

And, will be the phone booth or not ?

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)

Last edited by tphi; October 3rd, 2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Binary
え?

Ya that would be awesome!!
A mew event sounds interesting.....
Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphi View Post
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

And, will be the phone booth or not ?

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)
as far as I know yes you will be able to go travel across the red parts (don't know about cycling road though)
and there will be the phone booth system too

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Ho-oh arabia
Yeah, i started the fire.

yeah, flash cart (supercard to be exact). I told him off yesterday.
98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
My FC-0000 9782 1250 pm me for name.
I claim:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links