• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
...So, I finished learning everything about modifying the Level Scripts, so I put that information (thanks again Baro, this saves me the trouble of adding a lot of Script Events around!!!) to good use and now I am able to handle almost all the Johto exterior maps (except Ruins of Alph and Lake of Rage 'cause I was lazy). With that, I have the first part of the legendary dogs (well, I'm gonna call them that if you don't care), the part where they are able to show up in any Johto Map (dealing with a good number of variables), but now they have to be visible using the random function. Yes, you will be able to see and interact with them, not finding them as wild pokemon in the grass. But, with the randomization, it's kinda the same effect in the end.
Hope you understand something about what I just said. If not, I'm gonna make a video about it as soon as I finish the whole event, anyway.

I think That is even better! I like that idea a lot I think that is awesome! congrats Zel on coming up with an idea that nobody has thought of before.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
a bit like teh crystal version, where you see them in random places, except they dont run away this time :D

a bit like teh crystal version, where you see them in random places, except they dont run away this time :D

Since crystal was all about Suicune, you see him "in map" in various places PRE-SET in the code. The other dogs are running round the place as normal.

In SG, it seems that Zel wants to take this "in map" idea, but randomise it, i.e. not pre-set (sounds really hard, but I have faith). Go Zel!!!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
i've almost finished beta 4 but i need waterfall could someone tell me where it is/i have a lvl 55 typhlosion at thojo falls.woo hoo!

Zowayix

hi
Years
To shinygoldash:

please read the walkthrough if you have a question on actually playing the game.

Anyway, HM07 Waterfall is in the Ice Path.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I made a Beta video about the whole legendary beasts event. You can see how the randomization works.

Video: Meeting the Legendary Beasts

They still do run away, if they manage to pull a Roar on you (though, I wonder why Nintendo didn't give Roar to Suicune :\, since I don't want to mess up its moveset, I guess you'll have an easier time catching it), and the randomization also gives them the chance of being visible, but just when you are about to get them... zoom! They flee (there's also a little surprise regarding that ;))

That's all I'm gonna be working this weekend. I should start paying a bit more attention to the assignments I have, but I'll come check out the threads and maybe post some news if I manage to have a bit of time.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Well, I made a Beta video about the whole legendary beasts event. You can see how the randomization works.

Video: Meeting the Legendary Beasts

They still do run away, if they manage to pull a Roar on you (though, I wonder why Nintendo didn't give Roar to Suicune :\, since I don't want to mess up its moveset, I guess you'll have an easier time catching it), and the randomization also gives them the chance of being visible, but just when you are about to get them... zoom! They flee (there's also a little surprise regarding that ;))

That's all I'm gonna be working this weekend. I should start paying a bit more attention to the assignments I have, but I'll come check out the threads and maybe post some news if I manage to have a bit of time.

What happens if YOU run away? Do they still appear on the map or do they disappear like the other legendarys?
EDIT: and one more Question are you going to let them run around in kanto too?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
whoa! Hurray for the beasts!

just some question:
1-the pokemon will run away only if they use roar right? no way to make them run away more often? :P (yes, i like to suffer)
2-my impression or this kind of scripts can't remember the "already been damaged/poisoned/altered status" like in the original games? not that this is a problem, imho if a legendary run away, it has all the time to recover...
3-the 3 dogs are all in a script or are 3 differents? it's possible to meet two/three of them at the same time?

Vincent11998

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
i was wondering,what will happen when you patch shiny gold v.4 to v.3 with a .sav file?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Okay, let's be more specific about the beasts event then...

1-They will disappear automatically in the case they Roar you, or you run away from them. And it's obvious that when that happens they will go somewhere else, meaning to search again (they will only disappear forever if you make them faint or catch them, so... only one of each kind, as it's supposed to be, be careful as always)
2-They will only run through Johto, as in the original (only on Routes maps)
3-They switch of map every time you enter a new Route or City/Town map, as it was in the original as well (not when you enter a building, or maze, so the only way to "manipulate" them is by switching between cities or routes)
4-They don't show up in the Dex for obvious reasons... (which will make finding them something only luck-involved)
5-They don't "run away" when in-battle unless they use Roar. However, they may run away before engaging the battle (just to leave you cursing at them :badsmile:)
6-No way to "remember" their status from the previous battle, for obvious reasons too.
7-Only one legendary per map at a time, just to make things harder (which? that depends on the random value, so you never know if you'll find one, another, or none)

[EDIT]: By the way, you can imagine I had to repoint all the Johto maps, so most likely you'll find problems (maybe freezing) if you use older Beta saves. You know how this Beta stuff works, right?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Zel, I have no Idea how these beta stuff works

Apparently u are new to this, if you don't know how to get it running read Hiroshi Sotomura's Sticky thread Before playing a hack, it is at the top of every page of the hacks showcase. If you dont know what a beta is, it is an unfinished version of the game that u can play to see how far the hack has gotten

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
I love ShinyGold and have been playing it for 2 weeks. But maybe bring back the temple in the Dragon's Den, you know where the Extreme Speed Dratini is obtained (even though said temple was in Crystal)

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
At least in 2 months thats nothing compared to how long I've been reading your'e posts here on pc Iwasn't a member then.So b5 going out soon.Cool way to do the phones too.no :pirate: 's allowed

Back