The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
oh yeah.
That happened to me.
I had like loads of dragonbreath's lol.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old January 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Thats not really a minor glitch, but it can be easily fixed.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
jeeminwoo
Beginning Trainer

when figthing Dragonair (me) VS Dratini (A guy in the eight gym in Jhoto)....

How come Dragon rage isn't super effective, but twister is?

They're the same dragon type moves.
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeminwoo View Post
when figthing Dragonair (me) VS Dratini (A guy in the eight gym in Jhoto)....

How come Dragon rage isn't super effective, but twister is?

They're the same dragon type moves.
dragon rage always does 40HP damage, so it wouldn't matter.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old January 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Zowayix
hi

Originally Posted by natedoggy View Post
I have tried just pressing A for like 5 minutes and nothing happens please someone help me
In VBA, the default controls are:
Z --> A
X --> B
A --> L
S --> R

To change these controls go to Options, Joypad, Configure, 1...
Hope this helps.
Old January 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Kapuxa_Blaziken
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I found a secret passage and a old man gave me a Magby Egg! not very interesting tho... i though i had found jirachi!Can u at leats give me a hint if it is on the Johto or kanto side? :p thanks
Old January 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
pm_41
Gone and grown up

Nature: Brave
It won't load in Vista. All I get is a white screen with a loud beeping noise when I load the patched ROM.

Twitter | Last.FM | Wakoopa
(If you contact me via the means above, make sure to tell me your PC Username. Otherwise, I will block you.)

Old January 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM
hibryd
Beginner (But learning!)

I downloaded and played the X version without realizing it, I thought I had the normal version, lol.

And I had no clue there was a Jirachi event, I just started playing on B5. Can't wait for B6. But will I be able to keep the Pokemon I have now?
Old January 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibryd View Post
Great hack, Zel. Really good job.

I downloaded and played the X version without realizing it, I thought I had the normal version, lol.

And I had no clue there was a Jirachi event, I just started playing on B5. Can't wait for B6. But will I be able to keep the Pokemon I have now?
No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.
Old January 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Range View Post
OH EM GEE! Maybe the new region will be Carlos' home region? >:D
Regarding the info known about him (not much is known, though), but he comes from another region, not any of the ones known (or that which has been spoiled before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
About the Jirachi event: is there any hint for it in-game? Or we just have to think on our own and hope our minds and eyes will find the answer?
It's something that eventually you'll figure out, dont worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
I found something weird: there's a piece of rock in that part near mt moon taht acts like a sign saying that's the entrance of Mt. Moon.
That's all.
OK, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashink View Post
Anyways, I beleive i've found a solution to the teleporting glitch which makes you stuck on a mountain at Mahogany. Here it is:

Fixed also (I think, I dont use Teleport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
I have a question, it's possible to find a feebas in the game? If yes, evolve by level up or with a stone? Or does not evolve yet?!!

Thanks!
Not in the B5, but you will in B6 (in a one chance only event), but, regarding how it'll evolve, it's obvious it'll be different, but, I'll not gonna say how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeminwoo View Post
The Whirlpool Part of the trick house desn't have a code...
Yes, it has. Just check the Help thread in the Scrapbox, I remember seeing it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
The Name Rater's house is really troublesome...

The bike problem there was posted already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
But sevii islands have three maps, so it's actually possible.
In fact, in marble I'm putting 4 regions.
Problem is with the ammount of locations. Considering the number of locations on Johto and Kanto (big regions), I was left with very few locations to put on the other two maps. I just had a few bunch for that third map, so I'm skipping using the fourth one.
Of course, if it's possible to increase the number of locations (or you dont overuse them on one or two maps, it could be possible to use the four maps without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashink View Post
Also, when will Carlos vs me, everyone keeps saying he's looking for me, or something bad is going to happen ... What am I supposed to do?
Those are all references to another event ocurring in the next Beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggy View Post
I've got kind of a problem while playing the game and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Everything works fine up untill the start menu. It says press start so I hit enter and the start screen with Ho-oh goes away and then some text appears and it says to that A is next so I hit A and it goes to the next screen but when I hit A again but nothing changes and it wont move on.

Whats wrong?

thanks
Check Zowayix's answer. Most likely it's a matter of joypad's configuration in your emulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSenorQueso View Post
I found a glitch if tou fish in mistys gym you battle a missingno and you can catch the ghost that you cant identify....
Hmmm... Oh, yes. Seems I didn't put fish for the S.Rod at Misty's Gym, and that gives us some nice MissingNo. Great...
Well, be on the lookout for more things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonmike View Post
Glitch: Minor

Okay, this is pretty much VERY minor because I doubt it'l happen to alot of people, but its exploitable.

After going through Dragons Den, I got to the end and picked up the Dragon Fang. Now, by absolute dumb luck, I had a full bag, so I wasnt able to pick it up, but the script continued any way as if I picked it up, got the badge and the reward TM. Now, after dropping an item I no longer needed, I proceeded to pick up the Dragon Fang, once picked up, the same script happend but the character did not appear, I was talking to a ghost and getting the badge again and ANOTHER Dragonbreath TM.

Just figured I'd say just incase you wanted to do anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
Thats not really a minor glitch, but it can be easily fixed.
It was listed in my bug list as "Always have room for items in your bag" since it was a problem for me to add the jump bagisfull (because of my lazyness... ), I never got used to use it, so, if I had to implement it, I'd have to touch 1, 2... a lot of scripts... ToT
Which could be something I could do at the end, if I'm in the mood for it, but meanwhile, just remember to have a free spot, ok?

OK, time for updating. Since I'm recovering the rythm at hacking, now I finished with Pewter's events. Next thing to do is the Lugia event at Whirl Islands (and I'm sure I'll end up fainting the Lugia, as usual... XD)

Old January 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
hibryd
Beginner (But learning!)

Originally Posted by Archer View Post
No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.
Thanks. Guess since I've finished everything but getting Jirachi and the Legendary beasts, I'd better just sit and wait.

BUT I"M FAWNING OVER THAT FREAKIN' PILLAR!!!! ARRRRGHHH!!!!

Last edited by hibryd; January 19th, 2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Team Rocket Boss Giovanni
Let us meet again someday!

Nature: Relaxed
Is there supposed to be Charcoal in the Azela Town Pokemart list? It is the first item on the list.
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Lollypop
Member since '07 <300 posts

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lollypop
How do you get to misty???
Old January 20th, 2008, 02:19 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:23 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow_Ichigo View Post
Is there supposed to be Charcoal in the Azela Town Pokemart list? It is the first item on the list.
Yes, it was also in the original. I guess they wanted to give the Charcoal in case you miss going back to Azalea after helping with the Farfetch'd event. Maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.
Problem with that is that they are not exactly PCs. They do heal, but that's all, those PCs would still have problems (they wouldn't hang, but if you lose, you'd be sent to some other place), but... If nobody cares about that, I'll try to make them that way, at least for the time being.

And the "how do I make patches work" should be sent to some other thread, thanks.
Hasn't anyone made a thread for that in the scrapbox?

Old January 20th, 2008, 05:40 AM
kingofeds
The Ed-olution is here!

I'm curious if this is a computer thing, but whenever I try to download the B5 data, it comes up with me downloading an Internet Explorer file instead of the Shiny Gold patch. Anybody know what to do?
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Sho Phoenix
Beginning Trainer

Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM ?
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:16 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho Phoenix View Post
Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM ?
remember before in the game, when Lance gave you a clampearl? The clampearl knows whirlpool.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old January 20th, 2008, 06:18 AM
zexionnathan12
Beginning Trainer

what a awsome game pokemon hacks rock and tired
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Sho Phoenix
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
remember before in the game, when Lance gave you a clampearl? The clampearl knows whirlpool.
Ah okay, thank you ...
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM
hibryd
Beginner (But learning!)

I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cycling Road Glitch 1.JPG‎ (59.2 KB, 57 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg Cycling Road Glitch 2.JPG‎ (56.4 KB, 62 views) (Save to Dropbox)

hibryd's PokePet

Dragonite the level 60 Dragonite!

Old January 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
LiquidR
I am the shadow of the moon

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LiquidR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibryd View Post
I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.
I think that this was also in the original GSC game. but I'm not sure. I need to check is.

BTW Zel, I love the new pokemon sprites of some of the pokemon. Esspecially Totodile's

Click to view my FC
Spoiler:

Old January 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
DarthSenorQueso
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

You cannot escape buildings like slkiph using teleport dig or escape ropes...

Old January 20th, 2008, 05:12 PM
StrickeN
The mighty force will Strike

Has any one else received this bug....

Well i am in kanto i beat surge and i think sabrina so far. Well I got the ghostbuster was figuring out how to get back to johto so i flew to the e4 and had the guys pigeot fly me.... and when i went to ecruteak city i got all the timed events again like Dante and his girlfriend and i even re-fought my rival and when i went downstairs i saw morty and the dogs @ same time... and when i went the dogs fled "again" and well i beat mortys ass <3 houndoom level 74

Any word on when the next Beta Will be released? a month? a few weeks? :D

-I really don't get enough VMs D: show me som luv peeps.

Last edited by StrickeN; January 20th, 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Zel, When you do the Lugia event, are you going to make it the exact same as Gold with its level like 70?
that was one of the things that really irked me abou the origianl is that you could only catch it at lv. 70 after its forgotten its better moves. if possible could you make it like level 40 like Ho-oh or change its move list so that it can still learn its best moves?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links