The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Mr. Sanders
AaMayL Supporter for life!

Advertise here
Sorry, didn't know about the restrictions on .gba files. woops. That explains why I could never find one here! And I know that Zel hates people who do pirated versions of games. (I saw the Say no to pirates thing at the start of the game) But when I bought it I didn't know it was a pirate, I only found out after some research... O.k can somebody tell me how to play the beta files I can't work it out!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidR View Post
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

1. Got away safely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)
2. SENTRET (Pokemon in slot 1 of my team)
I'll upload a screen when I have the time.

Does anyone else have this bug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
...???

lol It's a bit confusing the way you say it. So, I hope you manage to post a screenshot or something, because I didn't understand.
He's saying when totodile is in slot 1 the game says the normal thing when you run away, but when there's a different pokemon in slot 1 it says something else

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
TheKingofKings
LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheKingofKings
I patched to Shiny Gold Beta 5 perfectly. No Glitches.

Just caught Celebi, with an Ultra Ball.

The True KingofKings

TKOK's PokePet

Typhlosion the level 73 Typhlosion!

I SUPPORT...

Old January 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Red1530

Nature: Bold
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old January 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1530 View Post
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.
that's normal he made them "wierd names" because they are REMATCH trainers and the ones with exclemation marks at the end are so he can tell the firered ones from the shnygold ones i think
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
BassFace
Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidR View Post
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

1. Got away savely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)
2. SENTRET (Pokemon in slot 1 of my team)
I'll upload a screen when I have the time.

Does anyone else have this bug?
Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:

Using Run Away:

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
YellowPen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace
Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:

Using Run Away:

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold

Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Vuallum
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vuallum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold
Not to mention Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green... Probably Diamond and Pearl too.

The usual running method without the ability "run away" may cause a "cannot escape!" message (especially with higher speed pokes). However, in theory, a newly hatched Eevee (always born with 'Run Away') can run from a level 100 speed deoxys.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
gbhero
Beginning Trainer

hey zel just a suggestion. Many Youtube users do well for their GSC remixes..Ask them for help?Maybe?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
LastHand
Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member

Why would you need to run away from something? Just go right though it and kill it...lol. Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?

click here

If any one wants a staff area for their hack at my forums. I will host you. I have 1 slot open. I will soon be opening more hack areas. I am willing to customize it for you. Just PM me for details.
Other hacks hosted
Pokemon Top Secret
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Nature: Calm
I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
TheKingofKings
LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheKingofKings
lol, Team Rocket stole my Pokemon. How do I get them back?

The True KingofKings

TKOK's PokePet

Typhlosion the level 73 Typhlosion!

I SUPPORT...

Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
DarthSenorQueso
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

First off please post it in the help secction and second go to the bottem cut tree talk to it a few times and koga will help you.

Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingofKings View Post
This question gets asked a lot, check some of the older posts.
Or ask it in the thread in the scapbox.

I think this is what you do though (i forgot, but i remember the other posts)
Spoiler:
Go to a tree and press A twice (am i right, it was something like that?) I think it was a cut tree... Sorry if i'm wrong.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingofKings View Post
I think it says on the Shiny Gold Help thread how to get your pokes back.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Wow, It took just one Ultra Ball to get Celebi. and it took 45 to get HO-OH plus a timer ball after 60 turns and a luxury ball. Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him.

Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Gary93
Beginning Trainer

Oh, very good zel, the beta 5 is very interesting, Continue this way!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
AntiRellik

this hack is indeed great... I am surprised how RSE/FRLG hacking has advanced...
I havent touched a rom in years lol. There were only 2 or 3 pokemon GBA hacks that had a lot of GFX hacked before... and none had music edits either
Your hack has made me see how much more I could do with a Fire Red rom.
Good luck with the hack!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
master brodie
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
I can't believe that Sg has gotten this far!! way 2 go Zel

Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Matt Silver
Who Do You Think?

Nature: Adamant
Why the hell did this not win Hack Of The Year! It's so fracking awesome.
Good job with B5 zel! Keep it up!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Woohoo! No words... Just reply...! O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Anyway, what is mostly the strangest/most complicated glitch in the game? Just asking.
If I were to pick, the "killing R32 PC" is by the far the strangest (with all the flashing colors and freezing, it's pretty strange to see )
But about the most complicated, I'd say it's the thing on fixing the Pokedex locations, because most likely, I'm gonna be needing M_X's help there (if it's even possible to fix it in some way...), about the rest, most of them could be fixed with a bit of effort in scripting (sometimes I'm lazy on fixing some...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaster22 View Post
great hack but when will the Pokedex have an accurate location system soon? I've always hated guessing which parts you overwrote for which cities ^.^
Not too long ago, you were all cursing me for not having the Johto's world map implemented. And now that that's fixed, there's a new problem coming... Sigh... I now know how Nintendo must feel... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sanders View Post
Hi Zel, I bought your SHINYGOLD Game in 2007 on a GBA game pack, some chinese person had burnt it on and was selling it for $20 (Giving No credit to you I might add) Anyway, the game was unfinished on the pack so I could never complete it. WAAAAA! So, I was wondering, could you post a link to download it as a .gba file? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders
As it was explained, roms are not allowed to be posted. So, with the patch at the first post, and with this thread you'll do fine, if not, just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Pikafan*~ View Post
Zel, beta 5 was awesome! I didn't like that the title screen stopped being animated though. Was that on purpose?

Anyways, keep it up and good luck!
It was the result of Neos' touch on the titlescreen. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep the animated clouds (which remember they were confused with smoke, anyway ), so, we'll have to stick with what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1530 View Post
I'm pretty sure that if I change them, I'll confuse them with the people I still have available to edit, so, to avoid some confusions, I'm gonna keep them like that till the last release (or till it's at a good point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace View Post
It was discussed already. I'm just glad it wasn't another bug. But... It was strange... That is a thing well known in the Pokemon world... :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeckoLv.100 View Post
Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?
Well, thanks for showing up around for a while, T100! I'm always happy when I see people from the "old times" :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastHand View Post
Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?
The only that I can talk about is Lugia (which is the obvious one), but the other three I cannot reveal... Just think they have some cool events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
I'm going to post my opinion up.
I'm sorry, but, I think this post was posted on the wrong thread. It was more like something that should go into one of the threads at the Rom Hacking section (maybe the Graphics vs Gameplay one?), and not at a specific hack's thread. Debating about rom hacking's not the idea of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Storm View Post
I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.
Well, I like doing some changes (and the tile problems will be fixed in the future), but, as I said some time ago, once the final version is released, and after some months, I will allow to use the hack as you want, so you could fix anything you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldlover94 View Post
Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him.
I see, well, I'm gonna fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.
The 2nd and upper floors are in the same map, so they share the same Pokemon.

Quote:
Where on earth is our friend zel
Do you remember what I think about such kind of posts? D:

Quote:
This is all spam. Read the FAQ for stuff like the difference between regular and X. For patching read H. Sotomura's thread to find that stuff out. If you are on a mac follow the 1st set of instructions for patching..
Yeah, I was also getting tired of the whole Vista-patching-Emus talk which doesn't belong in here, it goes in the Emulation section, people!, I'll PM a mod for a little cleaning there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricken View Post
Your wron he doesn't want us to tell HOW but i think it's proper to discuss a part of the game? so long as it doesn't get to informative
Hmmm... Better not discuss about that on this thread, I'm sure a lot of spam will come out of it, and we want to avoid that.

*faints* ...Phew... That was a lot, but meh...
On updating thing I really wanted to post when I finished Mt.Moon, but I've been a bit busy these last days, so all I have is the mapping finished and I was starting to script there, so I guess tomorrow Mt.Moon's gonna be finished (I so much want to reach Pallet...! >.<)

Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Eheheheh... Just take it easy, zel, nice and slow, yet sure.

Don't rush things.
Wishing ya the best of luck~
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:46 AM
wow_wow
PKM Trader

After get A Badge from Fuchsia City, what should I do ?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here