The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga_753 View Post
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I put my vba on and play sg, it only goes at half the speed. It only does it for that game and no other (the rest run at 100%)
...I don't know... To me it works 100%. Try patching again into a clean rom, perhaps something failed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbhero View Post
heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it
I'm currently checking FR guides to find out the cool events to investigate in the game. Perhaps I'll find something. As I said before, if not, it'll be as it was in the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lychnood View Post
All right, this is probably the best hack i've ever seen around here. And that means a lot, because there are quite a few awesome hacks around.
Anyway, I want to make a question, Zel, you're an awesome hacker, so, I assume you can answer that: Why aren't the battles harder?
I mean, the Elite4 is extremelly easy, most of the times at least. I've beaten it in the X version with only 4 different pokemons, and they didn't even covered all the disadvantages and all that. So, why don't we see trainers using strategies? Is pretty stupid the fact that Koga is a member of the Elite 4, a.k.a. the best trainers of the whole continent using crappy teams that can be sweeped by only one Alakazam. It's annoying actually...
Is it that hard to put some trainers with Baton Passers, SkarmBlissers and all that? Or at least trainers that can switch the pokemons correctly? Is stupid to fight an grass pokemon with an water one, but that happens all the time. People fighting with Magikarps... And well...
Well, to begin with, the E4 has two rounds, so in the next the things are gonna be harder.
Then, there's the thing that I cannot throw their styles by the roof, and give let's say a super Blissey to Koga. If they want to have crappy Pokemon, then that's their problem. I just try to do what I can and give them the movesets I think can work (usually I give'em two attacks, one annoyer and if it's possible a healing move or a status inflicting move, I think that's balancing the movesets). Of course, once you dedicate to train only one or a bunch of Pokemon, or when you overtrain them, the rest will become pretty easy (that's mid opinion mid fact), and it wont matter what movesets I give them, anyway.

But, I really dont want to go too much deeper than that. Because in fact, the only way you can get competetive battles is on the DS and online. Even if I were to make super competetive Pokemon, then I'm sure the AI would mess everything... XD

@NomadSPG: I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)

---

Well, not too much to say, but, as February starts, I have to start studying (if you want more info I've updated the Zel's Status section in the first post), which gives me less time for the hack (and I really want to approve early so I get more free time later), so well, I'll have less updates for the next two weeks (oh, but still, there'll be updates ;P)

Old February 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
.... If they want to have crappy Pokemon, then that's their problem....
Damn you made me laugf there!:laugh: Or JeJe a you say?
Can i ask some thing? How much of the intro are you gonna change?
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:17 AM
Keyrin
Beginning Trainer

Yes, good question. The title screen is very good! No problem, I can say that. But, it gets a little boring with no animation.
I think you all know what I mean. To make Beta 6 better, you can make there be animations. Whether it be the Ho-Oh flapping it's wings, or just letting the clouds move to the "beat" of the wind.

Good luck, Zel.
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
jeffhardyrocks632
Beginning Trainer

thanks so much zel your brilliant could i prehaps put this on you tube?
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Superjub

Nature: Timid
Good to see this hack is stil doing well :bandit:.
Wierd bandit, lol.
Anyway, I also agree that there should be an animation on the title like fire red and leaf green but its your choice zel.

Anyway keep up the good work.
And well done and good luck ;)

Old February 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
ajg.dude
Just a simple Hack lover.

I have a suggestion, zel..
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg.dude View Post
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.
well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
NomadSPG
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel;3296640[B
@NomadSPG:[/b] I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)
)
I saved the data before I started this puzzle quest.
Don't remember about correct the volume of added music, Zel.

Last edited by NomadSPG; February 2nd, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Personally: i dont really liek the titlescreen, the ho-oh sprite is a bit badly sprited :P thats just my opinion, it looks good though!!
but this game isn't done yet, so maybe it will be remade haha :P

I'll make a man out of you!
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.
Well its not an exact remake there are many differences in Shiny Gold versus Gold/silver etc. I think that shiny gold is way better personally, especially B5x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbhero View Post
heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it
I dunno about that, you wouldn't get EXP points with the trainer tower script right?
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Hi. My first post. And firstly, I love this remake.

Now, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll point out a quirk in the game. Just north of Cianwood City (the one you surf to) there are some smashable rocks. There are some hidden items in those rocks, namely a Revive and a Max Ether (both useful items, of course). Now, I smash those rocks, and then pick up the hidden item. The quirk comes when you walk over the square it occupied, and then try to walk over it again, or even just approach it from a different direction. You won't be able to walk through it (a feature of at least most hidden items, I think - Is that intentional?), and you'll be able to pick up another one. This carries on indefinitely, meaning you can get as many Revives and Max Ethers as you want. I don't know if it happens for every hidden item, or just those two (I've tried on the hidden Rare Candy on the west of Route 34 that you surf to, and that has no problems). Flying elsewhere, doing other things and coming back doesn't change anything.

Also, you can't fly to Cherrygrove City, but I'm sure that's been mentioned already.

Otherwise, great game! I really like the multiple rivals that show up from time to time.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
JohtoMaster
Beginning Trainer

Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
PKMN Hacker Souls1996
Beginning Trainer

ZEL YOU REALLY OUT DONE YOURSELF THIS TIME!
3 Pikachu's Up !
:chu: :chu: :chu:

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoMaster View Post
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)
what don't people understand...its a remake!
he made it like it was in G/S/C
So its not his fault...

NOw, he's going to make another elite four, part of his ideas.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old February 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM
JohtoMaster
Beginning Trainer

What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

zel can't control what the AI is doing at every move!
It does what it wants to use.
If it uses detect, then your move is blocked.
Is it that big of a problem?
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old February 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH
Yeah, and lets make pokeballs never miss, because thats annoying too. [/sarcasm]

Zel said in his last post that he gives pokemon at least one support move. They are decent moves, the pokemon have them, so why not let them use the moves?

Streamlining takes most of the fun out of a game.
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Quote:
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only.
I think that adding detect and protect would be a good idea. It is a challenge and since these pokemon are high-level, it make it that much harder/more fun to play(in my opinion of course).
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:23 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
those moves are putting the battle more of a challenge. If you are annoyed by those, then I guess don't post about the matter at all. besides, one against a million will be impossible to win.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
Ivysaur
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg.dude View Post
Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Soldier View Post
Where can i find the site with beta 5 on it i searched a bit already but can only find version 4
Uhhh... try the first post of this thread?

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old February 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Pooke-Faan
Beginning Trainer

I found a missingno in cerulean gym, by fishing with super rod :O

EDIT:In SGX version
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
it's been a while since i've been on this thread :D I see your hard at work as usual, hope to see some cool new features in the new beta, i loved the sprites you inserted into this in beta 5, they game a great new feel to the game, keep it up my friend :D

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooke-Faan View Post
I found a missingno in cerulean gym, by fishing with super rod :O

EDIT:In SGX version
i did too, he probably forgot to make the pokemon inside it.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
Imakuni?
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Imakuni? Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Imakuni?
This is a great hack. I must say that I'm incredibly impressed at the amount of effort you've put into this. Aside from 1 or two small glitches (mostly just text), the game seems to be a great remake. I didnt like FRLG too much, but I must say, if this were an official game, I would buy it. I cant wait for more GSC music as for the simple fact that FRLG's music drove me up a wall. Keep up the good work.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
ajg.dude
Just a simple Hack lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.
ohh, really?
how? does the last trainer you beat just give it to you?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links