The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hmm... The game is far from interesting, it's great, but to think that you made a comment that way, I considered three facts... (1) This is a wrong thread for your intentions, (2) you acquired a bad ROM and (3) you don't support Shiny Gold.

Anyways, any updates so far, zel?
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D
Old February 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D[/COLOR][/B]
Me too, I keep catch myself whistling New Bark Town's music xD
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Kikue
Pokemon Trainer

I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Chatot View Post
Me too, I keep catch myself whistling New Bark Town's music xD
You mean the Mystery Connection theme or the GSC New Bark Town theme? Nice winter-inspired map there, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalchemist View Post
I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?
Try deleting your current SAV file, or patch to a newer, cleaner ROM (I think they have answered this a million times).
And always remember: Read H.Sotomura's thread about playing Pokemon Hacks!!! ;)

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Zellbeast
I am SNORLAX!!!.....ZzZzZzZzZ

Quote:
That will happen, but save state. Hold shft and press F1- F12, when you are ready to play again, click on the F you put it on. This works for Virtual Boy Advance.

Dark Lucario the level 70 Lucario!

Don't make me hu....r.....t.... y....o....u.............. *dead asleep*

Look at the joke below your brain will blow up.
Spoiler:

"I is a Bandit!" "NOOOO!!!!"
"I also is a Pirate!" "NOOOO!!!!:'("
"I jokin' with ye lad." "NOOOO!!!!:'("
"You're an idiot." "NOOOO!!!!:'("
Old February 12th, 2008, 02:58 AM
yoni159
a ... nvm/np

Nature: Hardy
to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Fendaril
Novice Mario 64 hacker.

it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
well well well long time no see zel man this hack is getting more fun my the moment =) keep it up
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:35 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Hi everybody, I'm still quite busy studying for those evil exams coming up so, I doubt I'll be around (he... I even doubt I'll turn on my PC for a while... ToT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Hey Zel, I got an idea. If you're going to keep the Cinnibar Island Volcano, maybe you can make it so players can enter it an explore a new cave. I think that would be fun.
Thing is that I really dont want to touch the exterior geography of Kanto and Johto (I like changing the dungeons' interior 'cuz I'm evil >.<), as that'd be like, damaging the remake intentions (and because I try to balance the remake and not-remake postions), but, that's when that third locations shows up (those islands posted a while ago), around there we can make a few cool things, but, considering I have mostly the rest of the game planned, it could mean that it'd have to wait (maybe for the next project? We'll see... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Yeah, thats not a bad idea at all. Perhaps a good place for a certain Fire Bird to be found?
Nope, because I planned a different way of obtaining the three birds, in a way that'd be a bit tiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
Im Not askin where but what legendarys are in SG? i saw a vid on youtube saying if u get 30 hoen pokes a cave opens up in the park above goldenrod where you can catch deoxys, is this true?
False, it was someone hacking a hack... O.o

Quote:
Is there a way you can learn water pulse? I can't find the tm. So is there a move tutor?
Considering Surf is in the TM/HM list, I didn't find Water Pulse as something interesting to keep on the list. And for now there are no Move Tutors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD001234 View Post
Zel im am a huge fan of your hack and i have seen your legendary beast battle video and there is a song that i think would suit the battle better than the one you used for their battles(not to sound like a know it all) it was a remix Nintendo made but never used in sapphire of their original theme in crystal just search suicune ruby on youtube it is the first video sorry i couldn't have been more help
The thing with that song is that it sounds as if it lacked some instruments, so it sounds odd (that's why I'd prefer to get a new version), I think the reasons for that oddity are explained in the next post I'm quoting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.
Anyway, unless you completely port the track from RSE, Zel would have to change the instruments on the track to use the ones from another existent voicegroup (in other words, remix it) or either create a new voicegroup for a newly imported MIDI...

Anyways Zel, be sure to re-check the Cherrygrove song, the volume is too high and sounds like it stands out too much from the rest of the tracks of the game. To my taste, the instruments don't blend much.
It's just my opinion. I completely played Beta 4, but not Beta 5, so I don't know if you've re-inserted other tracks XD Great work though.
Well, I'm currently not paying too much attention to the musical part of the game, so that'll have to wait till the rest of the Beta6 is done. Once that is done I'll talk more actively with people helping me with the music tracks. For now I want to be focused on extending the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
hey zel i see that you still didn't change the apricorn sprites yet.
Are you going to do that in the next beta?
I'm not a spriter, sadly. If anoyone's interested in making the key items' sprites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Chatot View Post
I hope he takes a looong break once he's finished with this xD

Maybe he'll do the smart thing, and forget about hacking until after he's through college and has a steady job.
Not exactly, I still have some ideas of a probable next project, so I doubt I'll leave hacking for such a long time (though I guess a break will be needed), most likely I'll still be active helping out some of my favorite hacks, while I keep planning stuff for my next project. But... Let's not forget that I'm still working at SG, so... I gotta keep thinking on this.
If I take a very long break then most likely I'll stop liking this, so it's a bit risky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserful View Post
During the part when Team Rocket invades Goldenrod`s Radio Tower , after you beat the fake director at the very top floor , & obtain the basement key , are the two pairs of people that were blocking the undergrounds suppose to leave ?
Because I got the key , but they`re not leaving , so I can`t get to the underground . D:
Help would be appreciated . :x I don`t know what to do .
Do you remember that you have to go to the Underground section of Goldenrod (the entrance is at the left of the Name Rater's house. Around there is a locked door and you have the door to unlock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinkid View Post
yeah in my opinion the only flaw i find with this hack is that it doesn't include D/P pkmn(not even legendaries) but asides from that this hack is awesome,zel just wanted to let you know that i love the new palettes from beta 5.
Sinnoh Pokemon -> Overused. In fact, with the exception of Palkia and Dialga, I mostly consider the Sinnoh Pokemon not as appealing to me as the previous generations. Besides, adding them ruins the whole trading system, so I'm not gonna be using them in Shiny Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D
Maybe because it was too loud? >.<

Sadly, no updates for now. After I finish the exams coming up, there'll be a few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?
I didn't understand the same thing you sent me on your PM. What's that list of hacks you talk about? I guess it's something that's not related to this hack, so I'd tell you that no. Unless you rephrase yourself and try to write a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendaril View Post
it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.
Remember that I wont do the exact remake, but once the game is released (after a few months) I'll allow anyone to do whatever they please with SG, so if they want to try to make it more exact, then you'd be allowed. My idea is that an exact remake is boring, and you can simply get your GBC and play it if that's what you want

OK, out with the replying business. As you've read, I'm very busy with studying, and having to check PC only distracts me, that's why I'm gonna be closing the thread for a few weeks (at least, till March begins, as that's when my exams end). I'll also disable my PMing again (as many other times, anyway), because I dont really want to faint when I come back and check my PM box.
Well, I'm not sure if I'll do anything during these weeks (probably not, because I guess I wont use the PC for a while to avoid temptations), so, think as if someone pushed the "Pause" button.

Till March, people! Dont forget to check other hacks while I'm gone (and while I'm in as well )

Old February 12th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Kikue
Pokemon Trainer

but when I save states, I can't save it properly when I fight against the elite 4.

So does that mean you can't learn brick break? When I fought against Carlos in Shiny Gold X, his Ampharos knows how to use brick break. Grrr... which makes me kinda mad, cuz I was planning to teach that attack to my Ampharos. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but don't you think you made too many rivals? Not that I mind, but sometimes, when one of the rivals come up to me, I would sometimes have trouble remembering which rival was which. It doesn't matter anyway, I just kinda find it amusing to see their reactions when they're defeated in a battle.

Last edited by Kikue; February 12th, 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
The thread will be closed as zel will be busy studying, and will be re-opened whenever zel wants to.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
The creator has requested his hack to be opened.

*Unlocks*

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:29 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Baka!
zel, the thread's up.
I wish to see some updates soon, okies? =3

And I wish you good luck on SG and in real life.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

What the? Didn't see this.
Does this mean the beta's ready or are you just teasing us?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:13 AM
Ydroj
beginning hacker

super the thread is reopened I can't wait till beta 6
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
What the? Didn't see this.
Does this mean the beta's ready or are you just teasing us? :P
I do not think so. Moderators or Zel never play tricks do they?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
heheheh so it open again huh? heheh interesting
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
yoshi12370
Bouncing along!

Nature: Quirky
This is a great hack! This will hold me till the actual remakes come out.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Nope, I didnt open it because I have the Beta, mainly I reopened it because:

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

With that a bit more clear, the second thing to make clear is that:

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
Spoiler:
*If you still havent loaded the game for the first time...
-Just make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.

*If you have already loaded the game without checking the Flash128k option...
-Close the emulator
-Search for any .sav or .sa1 generated for the game
-Open the emu and this time make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.
-Most likely, you were using save states. Do not use those old save states!, else, they'll just load everything back to when the saving problem was. You may start using new save states after you are 100% sure the game saves and loads with the internal save and load menues.

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquilae, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shin...alkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1y4qRxyM0
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)

Last edited by zel 2.0; April 26th, 2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Updated clonex25's link to video
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Django0
!Aemin~

the new champion music sounds good
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
Spoiler:
-Just make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.

-Close the emulator
-Open the emu and this time make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.
-Most likely, you were using save states. Do not use those old save states!, else, they'll just load everything back to when the saving problem was. You may start using new save states after you are 100% sure the game saves and loads with the internal save and load menues.

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shin...alkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSI...watch_response
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)
Well, about the MD sprites,
i think you should use them. The proportions of mini's are never right, i mean look at the ho-oh, lugia and the legendary birds in the game, way to big!

This is just a suggestion, but maybe you can use dp-overoworld people in combination with the md sprites. There is a great guide on WAH that tells you how to 'redimensionar' the sprites, it helpt me understand HEX a bit :). But whenever i use MD sprites, i also find one problem, the colours. There are just a few palettes available for mini's.

Anyway, good luck!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Loving the music. The things you do are what separate Shiny Gold and Lustrous Silver.

btw, LS will be making a return soon.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
pokegamefreak
Beginning Trainer

I have a few questions for you about the game:

1. How many masterballs are there going to be in the game, because there are a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in the game?
2. Are the Hoen legendary pokemon more difficult to find then the other legendary pokemon

anyway, your hack is great

Ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Aquila
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post

Spoiler:

-Close the emulator

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shin...alkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSI...watch_response

Thanks for credit, but I think you should give the credit to Aquilae instead of me...
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

I think you should just use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon. Using the sprites for the small Pokemon would look nicer, but also kinda weird comparing them with the people sprites. That's my opinion bud.

Glad to see ya back man, best wishes to you my friend.

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links