The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
XD001234
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
I've explored almost every square inch of the game and I've foun these rocks:

Dragon's Den Rock
Whirl Islands Rock (On the route)
Cerulean Route Area Rock
Rock Tunnel Rock

My theory:

Dragon's Den = Rayquaza
Whirl Islands = Kyogre
Cerulean = ? Maybe Groudon or Mewtwo
Rock Tunnel = Regis
cerulean is definitely mewtwo im pretty sure zel even sated that earlier in the thread but i have a hunch that groudon will be on cinnibar
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Those BGMs sound awesome. However, I think the beggining of Route 37 theme needs to be redone a little bit. Too many melody lines at the same time. It sounds a bit off.

And it's nice to hear Route 26/27 theme. I totally love this theme.
Hmmm... I think I have to adjust the volume of that "rondalla effect" on the Route 36/37 theme (Route 42/44 theme also has it but unnoticeable due to its volume). But thank you anyway.

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks

Last edited by clonex25; May 5th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD001234 View Post
cerulean is definitely mewtwo im pretty sure zel even sated that earlier in the thread but i have a hunch that groudon will be on cinnibar
That would make perfect sense. I'd bet the tunnel in between Mahogany Town and Black Thorn City may have Regice in the next beta.
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.
Yes, it's true. Pokemon GBA music can have up to 10 tracks, but if you observe while playing, some tracks go OFF when another plays. That's because they have to limit the DirectSound tracks to 5 (for town/route themes) or 4 (for battle themes).

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Great job so far Zel I really like the new features now that I've finally gotten a chance to play through B5. Keep it up man!

Last edited by Christos; May 6th, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
hey,
shiny gold is possibly...no wait...the best fan game ever made.
along the lines of emulation, i am getting an m3ds real and a gba memory expansion soon, if there is anything i need to do in advance before i can play shiny gold on it, please let me know...cus wat's the point of a really awesome game...without the console to play it on? am i right?

The new legendary sprites are totally awesome, even if they are from MD, still cool.

totally support the game, all the way,

sirwillis
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:05 AM
yoni159
a ... nvm/np

Nature: Hardy
Zel I think there is a problem in Ilex-Forest. if you cut the grass and walk where you have cutted the grass you might run into a psyduck lvl16(checking with Advance Map made me think it's water wild). hope you'll finish the game soon.

EDIT: it's actually psyduck LVL12,14 or 16.
EDIT2: also 15 and 11

(the old thread if someone cares )

Last edited by yoni159; May 6th, 2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: fixing
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Hey, Zel. It's good to see you again.

I recently played BETA 5 of your hack and it was good. However, I've just getting started with the game so I already earned 2 badges on the first run.

It's good to play Pokemon Hacks again after a year of a damaged Hard-drive.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
spaceboy827
BTing and hacking, fun stuff

Send a message via AIM to spaceboy827
sry, i forgot bout the pirates thing and does anyone no if you can still do the teleport thing to get to kanto on the route after mahogany?

hacks I'm working on
-Pokemon Gallium
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
@Zel:
Sheesh, Red in the... you know what in Shiny Gold... saw some picture glitch battle
that shows RIVAL CARLOS then it shows a picture of RED instead..(it looks like ASH for some reason.)
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
ajg.dude
Just a simple Hack lover.

I'd just like to compliment clonex on the wonderful job he's done with some of the tracks. The music from SGC was probably some of my favourites from the series, and listening to the tracks bring back so many great memories, but is also sort of new and updated, so great job!
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Aussie Riolu
What is anything to a Riolu?

Nature: Sassy
About the grass in Ilex Forest. I know how to fix it. It's simple: Open up Advance Map 1.9, then go to the map, then go to Block Editor, click on the tile and on the far right, you will see some drop menus, change the first one from 02 (Grass Animation (Pokemon)) to 08. (08 is the same as the cave tiles)
The bottom one is a bit hard for me to explain but I think you already know.
Oh yeah! The stairs and teleport pads in Tin Tower can warp without Scripts, I just forgot the numbers...

Sorry if you already knew this, I just wanted to help fix some glitches...

Nate: Wait a minute. Did you just send out a Level 105 Pokémon?
N: Yeah so?
Nate: That's against the rules isn't it?
N: Screw the rules, I have Green hair!
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
AngryCroconaw
Very ticked off Pokemon

omg I cant waith until beta 6 comes out, I wanna see what the mt. silver looks like! :D
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
smballer23
Beginning Trainer

if Nintendo is going to make a new pokemon version, it will be a third game for diamond and pearl, so its actually a good thing Shiny Gold is not dead yet. What do u guys think?

Challenge me to a battle! Just PM me, and please battle anything you want EXCEPT legendaries. It's fine as long as there are not too many legendaries.....
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Dialga_753
Beginning Trainer

Shiny Gold is NOT, and never will be, dead. It's too good a game.

Dialga the level 99 Dialga!

Dave's PokePet

Palkia the level 99 Palkia!

Old May 7th, 2008, 02:06 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga_753 View Post
Shiny Gold is NOT, and never will be, dead. It's too good a game.
Of course, and whoever wants it dead will have a pissed off tyranitar at their door by tomorrow
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:05 AM
yoni159
a ... nvm/np

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]
you're not really right.
first, Zel done his work based on Nintendo's game.
second, Zel's hack will never be perfect, as it won't have a pokenav.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.

(the old thread if someone cares )
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM
[.εternity]
Monochromatic love!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [.εternity] Send a message via Yahoo to [.εternity]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
you're not really right.
first, Zel done his work based on Nintendo's game.
second, Zel's hack will never be perfect, as it won't have a pokenav.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.
First,Zel changed every thing from tilesets to trainers to music to pokemon poses and locations.Would you even know that this is firered version if you didn't play it before downloading Shiny Gold?
Second,it has replacements for the pokenav,like the telephone poles.In the final release it will also have radio,and no need for a world map incorporated when you have one in bag.
Third,being for GBA doesn't make a game suck.Have you seen Pokemon Prism?It is for GBC and it is still played by people and is very popular.
Fourth,Nintendo said people can hack those games as long as they don't take fees/taxes/etc.So Nintendo would blame the whole community that hacks games/make games using Pokemon,but you know what?They don't!
End of rant.
Also,I can't wait for beta 6,all those new overworlds look promising,I can't wait to see them in-game!Also good job clonex the route 29 remix is magnificent!
~Rapidash~

∞Morty (マツバ Matsuba)

∞Ecruteak City Gym Leader

∞Holder of the Fog Badge
∞"The Mystic Seer of the Future"

∞"With a little more, I could see a future in which
∞ I meet the Pokémon of rainbow colors."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

∞ εternity is not forever ∞
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

Zel,

it would be cool if you insert al the new evo's en pre-evo's from generation IV.
I know that you said that it's hard with the trading, but you can make a simple script that you can't trade them. It would be really cool having a magmortar in my party :P
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
Also zel guess what? This plays way better on no$gba then vba. Just so you know.
Weird, because I heard some other times that they were having problems playing it on NO$GBA, meh, as you can see each emu is alive and does whatever it wants XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
-with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
-ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
-and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)
About the dogs, I wanted to make it as it was in the original (they just bunny hopped out of the tower, and I though that was funny, so, why not? )
In one of the Notes I wrote below the screenshots, I stated that it was probably a problem with the tile, which I'll have to fix later, it's not a big deal.
It's not like it's much of a difference, or is it? Oh well, I'll see if I have some black tones in the palette I used for Lugia, if I have I'll change its eyebrows.

About the DP, the answer is still a no. The main problem adding DP Poke is that they ruin the whole trading system, and add problems to the Pokedex, and a lot of other stuff (and, the most important one, adding new Pokemon implies a lot of work that I do not see interesting )
There are plenty hacks with DP Pokemon added in (recommend Ruby Destiny for that ;P)
I think that there are the same quantity as the ammount of letters, according to Baro's theory they were probably planning to use a slot for each Unown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy827 View Post
or is it already patened by nintendo?
I just wanted to quote this because it made me laugh a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
Hey, I can never seem to see the dogs. I used the method you used in your video, except I checked on my own. So, how come they never show up? Is there something more I have to do after the burned tower?

I beat the league already.

This is the X version.
There are a bunch of randoms acting, so, till the random reaches the point where it decides to put a dog's sprite on the route, it'll take a while (on the video I've reduced the ammount of random chances so that's why they showed up more often )
Keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
Zel I think there is a problem in Ilex-Forest. if you cut the grass and walk where you have cutted the grass you might run into a psyduck lvl16(checking with Advance Map made me think it's water wild). hope you'll finish the game soon.

EDIT: it's actually psyduck LVL12,14 or 16.
EDIT2: also 15 and 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Zach X View Post
About the grass in Ilex Forest. I know how to fix it. It's simple: Open up Advance Map 1.9, then go to the map, then go to Block Editor, click on the tile and on the far right, you will see some drop menus, change the first one from 02 (Grass Animation (Pokemon)) to 08. (08 is the same as the cave tiles)
The bottom one is a bit hard for me to explain but I think you already know.
Oh yeah! The stairs and teleport pads in Tin Tower can warp without Scripts, I just forgot the numbers...

Sorry if you already knew this, I just wanted to help fix some glitches...
Yeah, I know that in tile-related problems I'll have to go to AMap 1.9, but as of now, I'm still using the 1.82 (I see it more stable for now), so maybe I'll fix some errors for the next Beta, and the rest for the final release.
Thanks for the explanation, though, Shadow Zach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy827 View Post
sry, i forgot bout the pirates thing and does anyone no if you can still do the teleport thing to get to kanto on the route after mahogany?
As far as I know, I think it doesnt lead you to Kanto anymore (maybe it'll probably send you to Blackthorn, as I've used R4's PC as Blackthorn's PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aaron View Post
@Zel:
Sheesh, Red in the... you know what in Shiny Gold... saw some picture glitch battle
that shows RIVAL CARLOS then it shows a picture of RED instead..(it looks like ASH for some reason.)
I didnt understand well, where would that happen?

---

So, I'm starting to work on the digging mini-game, which is quite interesting (and it'll be more to show it once it's done), of course, I'm sure all the mini-games will use a lot of variable so that cannot be avoided (unlike Baro, I'm a "variable waster" ), it'll take a while as the script is quite long and I have my real life knocking the door every five minutes. But whatever, just have some patience and then I'll show screenshots about it.

That's all for today, be good!

Old May 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Ooooh!

I think dat i know what a few minigames are for.

Man, I cannot wait for screenies!

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
Soup all! I'm back (not that I did much anyways apart from report people selling the game on ebay). It's awesome that things are getting there slowly but surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
be good!
Do you even need to ask? ;)
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Dont worry, I can wait for the screenies (even though it will be awesome when we see them, the digging mini game sounds great.)
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D

Pokémon Aureolin

Old May 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
spaceboy827
BTing and hacking, fun stuff

Send a message via AIM to spaceboy827
well sigh, at least my stupidity gave u a reason to laugh

hacks I'm working on
-Pokemon Gallium
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links