The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
you're not really right.
first, Zel done his work based on Nintendo's game.
second, Zel's hack will never be perfect, as it won't have a pokenav.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?
That would be really cool. Zel, you should seriously use that idea. Maybe that will be some kind of quest to fight Giovanni before you battle red or something.

Last edited by dude120; May 7th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
JUAN7845
playing Pokemon Black2 :D

Nature: Naughty
i never thout that it would get this far this is realy amazing
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUAN7845 View Post
i never thout that it would get this far this is realy amazing
Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
The Wave
Something to believe in....

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.
that's a great idea, though it's still better that they "run" out of the tower, like in the original games. they fled when they saw you. however, I agree that they don't need to bounce around and screen flashing would make it cooler.

oh and zel, great hack, keep it up!
Type → Psychic
Abilities → Synchronize
It uses the fine hair that covers its body to sense air currents and predict its enemy's actions.
[???=The Wolves' Hideout]Groups[/???]
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
-Neji-
Something Different

Nature: Quirky
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Kentai
Game Designer (Multitasking)

Quote:
You got it quit right blushing means that you get your face all red, normally because of shyness xD (often used in animes... man I love animes....)

er...

to Zel:
Your Hack is the most awsom piece of Pkmn games ever made! I love it, espacially because the G/S/C series was the one I liked most among the Games and the Anime, great thanks for this super grate remake!
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Neji- View Post
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?
Eevee to Umbreon with Moon Stone...
Eevee to Espeon with Sun Stone.

And I dunno about Lugia though... :\
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
-Neji-
Something Different

oh thanks, where do i get the moon stone?
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I can't wait for Beta 6 too... I mean, I want to play more of SG...
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM
-Neji-
Something Different

can someone tell me where to get get the moon stone?
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
pokegamefreak
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by -Neji- View Post
can someone tell me where to get get the moon stone?
i think there is one in the union cave, behind a boulder on the first floor.
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It's the first time I heard that there's a Moon Stone in Union Cave... Where in Union Cave is it?
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
pokegamefreak
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by pokegamefreak View Post
i think there is one in the union cave, behind a boulder on the first floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnirevTux View Post
It's the first time I heard that there's a Moon Stone in Union Cave... Where in Union Cave is it?
on the first floor but maybe it was another evo stone.
( I was pretty soure that there was a moon stone ) sorry
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

How about a Sun Stone? Where do you get one?
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
I think from the bug contest if my memories of playing silver are correct. And go to the help thread. Doing this here is spam. To me.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjub View Post
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D
Dont know why it looks to you that way, as far as I remember Lugia is quite big in size compared to humans, isnt it?

Source: http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond...ia&dexmode=all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post

About the bug, I have heard about it quite a few other times, but, for some reason, I was never able to reproduce it. I'll bother myself and the testers about it when the testing phase begins.

About Giovanni, I guess I'd say no for now, because we have enough interesting people to battle. But, I may change my mind, I dont really think I'm gonna do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
I dont really know if making disappear (kinda like when you meet them in the wild and they run away) would be nice.

Well, if I have some time today I'll keep up with that script, as I said before, it's quite long with a few repeatitive parts (which means it's not hard, but still tiring)

[EDIT]: Oh, I was noticed that there were some missing pics in the first post, once I go back to Windows, I'll reupload them foolish imageshack

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.
Huh? Another Hack? why Am I not informed I always tought Zel said he wouldn't make another hack before he finishes this one!
So is it true Zel? And do you already know what kind of hack it's going to be? (Halfremake like SG, or maybe Diamond and Pearl Hacking? Or a Completely new story connected to Shiny Gold?)

-Pizzakoe-

(I'm sorry for the Off-toppicness...)
Old May 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Wow Lugia is pretty big. Lugia sprite is practically perfectly suited.
I'm still not sure about Ho-oh... Too freakishly big...

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Fossacious
Beginning Trainer

well, whenever i go to pallet town, its just new bark with with weird squares around. is that fixed in the bugfix? because i downloaded it and im having problems with the bugfix. whenever i download those files, they appear as an ips file. is there any way i can use these files to effect the game?

Last edited by Fossacious; May 8th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

You need to patch the IPS file into a clean Ruby ROM... You can use Lunar IPS Patcher for that matter...
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
GalaxyTurboTwister
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I know this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

Last edited by GalaxyTurboTwister; May 9th, 2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnirevTux View Post
You need to patch the IPS file into a clean Ruby ROM... You can use Lunar IPS Patcher for that matter...
That's Fire Red For you
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyTurboTwister View Post
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I don't this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.
Hmmm... more likely gona be like using dig in certain places to find something valuable.

Secret bases: I think zel could just do a room in the new region like in a cave which we could use as a healing place e.t.c

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links