The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Advertise here
Yes you an. And there's a help thread in the scrapbox for this stuff. Just read the 493 posts first.
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Ho-Oh Catcha
Beginning Trainer

Zel! great job man. i love this game :D cant wait till the next update keep it up man, your doing great.
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by choatix View Post
In case you dont know, remtaches are based on the time events (like berry trees, kurt, etc), so dont try for a rematch while thats 'coming back' as such. Run around a bit, then try agian. Unless you really are unlucky.
You know, i have just done the celebi event and used up a few apricorns and got a few balls...and still haven't had a rematch. perhaps the rate of the rematches could be modified a little?
cus im deprived of battles, and the league is so easy...
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Torrent
Me not so horny..

Nature: Quiet
So this is what Pokemon shiny gold is.. Its brilliant!
Keep up the god work Zel,

Peace?
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
So this is what Pokemon shiny gold is.. Its brilliant!
Keep up the god work Zel,

Peace?
wow. im surprised you didn't know.
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
-Neji-
Something Different

Nature: Quirky
Is Lugia going to be in the new beta 6?
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
BAy4R
Beginning Trainer

I had it wrong. This is good. Beta5 is far more better than 4. I would recommend it to everyone.

Later!
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:47 AM
icypsaiko
Chicken Eater

Nature: Quirky
i cant play this for some reason. can someone help me?
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Dr Gregory House

now what exactly do you mean by i cant play this?
and perhaps for all you people who are having trouble, go to the help thread that can be found in the scrapbox, it's hard to miss

Last edited by Dr Gregory House; May 15th, 2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: informing troubled players
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:32 AM
HotCrisis17
Beginning Trainer

I have a problem with this game everytime I open the start menu the emulator crashes. I tried patching diffrent fire red roms but there all turn out the same.
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Dialga_753
Beginning Trainer

What emu are you using to play it?

Dialga the level 99 Dialga!

Dave's PokePet

Palkia the level 99 Palkia!

Old May 15th, 2008, 05:07 AM
HotCrisis17
Beginning Trainer

A GBA Emulator on my iPhone called gpSphone. V4 of Shiny Gold worked perfectly on that emulator.
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCrisis17 View Post
A GBA Emulator on my iPhone called gpSphone. V4 of Shiny Gold worked perfectly on that emulator.
Really?! Then where did you get gpSphone because I would like to download it!
But you should download VisualBoyAdvance cause all other emulators won't
work with RubySaphireEmerald or FireRed LeafGreen roms, and this also includes Shiny Gold cause it's a FireRed hack!
You can download it at here,
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...ance-1.7.2.zip

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; May 15th, 2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 15th, 2008, 06:15 AM
thegreatlord
Booted out - don't be like me!

Um, is there a reason why the original isn't working anymore? I get a "Corrupt File" during installation or when it's extracted, there's nothing there.
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:03 AM
thegreatlord
Booted out - don't be like me!

I am having trouble loading this mod in general. Got the Rom, Got VBA installed, both run fine when I load it up. The problem is that, when I change the ISP to my Rom format file, which was, .gba, it loads up as a white screen and nothing else. Any suggestions?
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM
HotCrisis17
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Silver Riolu View Post
Really?! Then where did you get gpSphone because I would like to download it!
But you should download VisualBoyAdvance cause all other emulators won't
work with RubySaphireEmerald or FireRed LeafGreen roms, and this also includes Shiny Gold cause it's a FireRed hack!
You can download it at here,
The GBA emulator for the iPhone is avaliable for download through the Installer Application you get when you Jailbreak your iPhone.

I allready have the visualboyadvance I just though that since V4 worked on the iPhone GBA emualtor so should V5. I mean everything else works excepth for the start menu.
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Adrian new team aqua Leader
Team aqua's best Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Adrian new team aqua Leader
BEST OF THE REST!! ZEL YOU ARE MY FAVORITE POKEMON HACKER ^_^

Click here to feed Adrian New Team Aqua Leader's 1st Pokemon a rare candy !!!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Adrian's PokePet

AquaKing the level 99 Kyogre!
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:50 PM
!!!RayquazaMaster!!!
Beginning Trainer

The Best Pokemon Hack Ever Everyone Should Play This Hack Cant Wait Until Beta6 Comes Out
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mattysaurus
Take it slow, braaah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mattysaurus
:t196:I have a question, How do evolve Golbat? Is it the same has firered?:t196:

With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkjh View Post
I have a question, How do evolve Golbat? Is it the same has firered?
Yep, it's exactly the same.
I would like to remind you all that there is a help thread.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Most pokemon games seem really slow to me on gpSPhone. Though gpSPhone is getting faster. I'd rather play it on my psp.
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkjh View Post
I have a question, How do evolve Golbat? Is it the same has firered?
I think you have to give it a moon stone or something...
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM
beowulf009
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I have a problem with this game everytime I open the start menu the emulator crashes. I tried patching diffrent fire red roms but there all turn out the same.
Try getting a clean fire red rom and don't patch beta 5 over 4.

Old May 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Gah, so much stuff... So, as you can expect, I'll start to multiquote, and if there's someone I had to answer to and I didnt reply, then sorry... next time >o<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Dude View Post
That Pallet Town thing is Zel's old New Bark Town. Look at B3 and B5 in AMap, they are at different locations.

Oh, and before I forget...

I DID seem to have some Fly problems eventually, only to notice I had 27 items in the items pocket in my bag. Perhaps the items and fly menu are related...? Some problems include:

- Player's face not appearing in right location.
- Not being able to move the cursor.
- Not being able to fly to certain towns at times.

And I noticed you said in post #1 that you said it might be impossible to fix the "items check".
I highly doubt the items pocket and the fly are related. Flyposts are "attached" to flags, when the flag is set on, the flypost shows up. Then, there are a bunch of maps' level script which probably are messing up with those flags and as soon as you enter some map, an undesired flag is set on, and then the flypost shows up. Which is the map whose level script sets on Pallet's flag/Flypost. That's what I'm not sure (I think someone said something about the league, I'll check it out later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew of Friendship View Post
Zel, I'm using the exact save as when I last played B5... which was five days before xP
If you still have problems, then let's keep it with PMs, because I dont want to accumulate a lot of unnecesary posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
well about pallet I found the pallet map. 3.12
while new bark map is 3.0
now we just need to check which conections go to 3.12 instead to 3.0.
good luck in finishing and hope I helped.
As I said, connections dont have anything to do, rather maps' level scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
the minigames sound pretty cool,
perhaps you could have a pokemon dash related one? where you have cut trees and strength rocks and stuff...like puzzles, and you have to solve them and reach the checkpoint before the time runs out or something?
Oh and when i heal at the league centre, that's when i can fly to pallet. (that's after i beat the league XP) dunno if that helps.
keep up the good work
I dont know. I'm getting the experience that, depending on how tweaked you want the minigame to be, then you'd need more rom space, so I doubt I'll do much more complicated stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driger369 View Post
This hack is getting better and better. (If that is even possible, it was amazing even when it first came out!). Just a question to see if I have everything straight. In beta 6 we'll have pallet, viridian, and pewter, plus a few islands right?

Anyway it's gonna be awesome no matter what. Keep up the great work!
Except the islands, all the rest of Kanto + Mt.Silver will be available (basically, ending the "remake" part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megiddo View Post
I've had the palette glitch happen as well. It shows up on Route 27.
Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Anyway, just to create some speculation (i love it...), the rock at the dragon's den, "The path shall only be revealed to the dragon masters" or it shall be revealed to the one who BEATS the dragon master?
And "We are supposed to wait for the legendary dragon pokemon" or (and i quote from the other trainer there) "..the lagendary dragon and the one who travels with him"?
Well, the funny thing will be to figure out how one can become a Dragon Master. I wont spoil the fun, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aaron View Post
For the deadly bird, Zel needs

to remake the original pallete 0 from(rip from FR.)

then move the hero's palletes(gold and crys) to pallete 19, so it stays the same and the bird becomes to it's original color.
It's not the only way, because I can also edit the bird with Tile Molester. I'll have to do that because the last three palettes (19,20,21) were used for adding the DP Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
one more thing, i have played the game for 29 hours...and still haven't had a single rematch...are they supposed to be THAT rare?
that's all for now really, and keep up the good work!
Remember that you must call them on the Phone Booth, and then, you will never get a rematch if you have another timed event activated (to deactivate them, just walk around for a few minutes without interacting with anything), then, you can start insisting till someone finally decides to give you a rematch (yeah, they take a while). Once that happens, dont forget another timed event activates, to prevent you from bothering everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Then how about inserting move tutors like thwho ones in Emerald, spread around the world, or better, a REAL move tutor who knows all the moves (also paid, and well, to counterbalance) one poke can learn?
What will happen to the FR move tutors is still uncertain, but, for sure, one who knows all the moves is practically impossible, and could make the game too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruom View Post
hey zel, is there supposed to be something after the digglets tunnel? ive watched a video that shows an event, with ashley if im not wrong, after the tunnel... doesnt the beta finishes before that?
It depends, if after doing the whole event of Lavender's Radio Tower, instead of going to Fuchsia, you went to Digglets Tunnel, then, the Beta is still not done (you have Fuchsia). If you've finished Fuchsia, then yes, the Beta is done, because you cannot go to Pewter or Viridian yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Neji- View Post
Is Lugia going to be in the new beta 6?
Pewter is in, and with that, there's the Silver Wing, and with that, there's Lugia.

-----

WARNING: Can we drop two kind of topics I've seen lately on the thread?

1: Talking about how to make the game work on an specific emulator (or how to make the game work at all). Either send me a PM about that (which, depending on the emulator, I may not be able to answer...), or why not someone creates some kind of thread for that on the Emulation section.

2: Talking about bugs or oddities in the Betas, because lately, all the stuff mentioned is long known, so they dont add anything new for me to say, and I ignore those posts (and you'll feel like ignored). Avoid talking about glitches, I'll work on fixing what I can for the next Beta, and after the B6 is released we may start talking about glicthes again, OK?

Please, drop those topics, else it makes it harder for me to look for useful posts to quote and reply.

----

Now, about updates. I started with the "action" part of the digging script, where you talk to the tiles and you "start digging", it's taking a lot of time, I know. I thought it'd be easier (according to my pseudo-code) but when writing the whole code, seems like I was mistaken

Old May 15th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Nature: Timid
'Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.'

Its where the colors of something like the background or character changes.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here