Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2008 (05:26 AM).

Im playing your hack right now
Old May 25th, 2008 (05:28 AM).
Raised by the bastards of 1969

Nature: Quiet
hey cool...my name's on it...hehe...i'd love to try this...
Old May 25th, 2008 (05:49 AM). Edited May 25th, 2008 by Chrona.

Wow, just noticed this hack. It's looking awesome, good luck finishing it =D

For catching trainers' Pokemon, I guess you could ask CBM to help you out if he isn't busy.

Anyhow, good luck once again, I'll be stalking this thread like...err...someone who stalks threads o.O

So yeah, are you changing map locations and he like? Like the first route having something OTHER than Pidgey/Rattata? Didn't try the beta, but I'm curious =p
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:33 PM).

I wont be adding anything new that what I have already done, so adding stealing pokemon is out of the question. plus i asked him a lot when i started this mod and i dont want to bother him again.

Yep, every wild pokemon and trainer pokemon is changed, along with the maps. (some building stayed the same for various reasons) I did not reconnect the maps. the first route contains rattata doduo and pinsir.
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:48 PM).

Wow, sweet =)

To be honest, that ending battle thing would make sense (Nobody would continue a fight once you stole their pokemon), I don't think it would be that hard to add a "THIEF!" post-script. Not that I care either way, I like catching my own pokemon =p

Any clues on how long it'll take to implement the rest of the maps/speech?
Old May 26th, 2008 (01:55 AM).
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote originally posted by Chrona:
Wow, sweet =)

I don't think it would be that hard to add a "THIEF!" post-script.
You don't hack red do you?
Old May 26th, 2008 (07:33 AM).

These trainers are too overleveled for my lvl 8 Ekans
Old May 26th, 2008 (09:20 AM). Edited May 26th, 2008 by PokeGlitch.

Oh did I forget to mention that it won't be as easy to win as it was in Red? The trainers and gym leaders will have strong pokemon, but the more you lose and replay the battles the higher levels your pokemon will get, so eventually it will all even. I will start again to see if they really are too strong, but I do know its beatable.

Also, for catching other trainers pokemon, it would be stupid to beat the elite four and gym leaders because you catch their pokemon. of course they will be high levels so it would be hard to catch them. of course it does all boil back down it would ruin gameplay and i dont know how to do it. Every pokemon is obtainable anyway.

Another update, I fixed that one glitch, and I believe the only think I have left to do it finish the text and change some wild pokemon. I may finish...today? We'll see. If I do finish today it will be a final, but if any glitches or mistakes are found (I'm sure theres some, i probably forgot about something or just missed them, sometimes peoples text change after certain events) please tell me and I will fix them right away. Thanks again for the support.
Old May 26th, 2008 (03:39 PM).

Quote originally posted by Cartmic:
You don't hack red do you?
Not really, I just thought it might be a possibility since ending the battle happens either way.

Anyhow, wow, I didn't expect it to be done this fast. =D
Old May 26th, 2008 (04:18 PM).
Till DEATH do us part!

Nature: Brave
Cool Hack yah got there.......
I like to play as a bad guy

Play this game, if you like DotA.

Old May 26th, 2008 (06:44 PM).

By today, around what time do you mean? Going to bed within half an hour, wanna see if I should stick it out a little more xD
Old May 26th, 2008 (07:06 PM). Edited May 26th, 2008 by PokeGlitch.

Well, I am finished except ONE thing that I searched for the past couple hours to see if I can fix it. It is not game altering, its just distracting.

The glitch occured after I rearranged the pokedex. The pictures that you see next to the pokemon to see what type they are (like a bird for flying, a bug for bug) are fixed to the pokedex number, not the pokemon. So, half of the pokemon have the wrong picture next to their name. I cannot find where it is to fix it. That is the only thing wrong with it, and since I can't find it, I will be releasing it now.

Also there are two other glitches, but most probably won't even notice because they are not seen as often as the aforementioned glitch.

Anyway, here is the final version (pending glitch/text fixes).

Enjoy. thanks for the support and the interest.

You can play it online at:

http://gameboy.vx99.com/gameboy.htm
IE users, you're gonna have to download it.

(if I'm not allowed to post that above site tell me and I will remove it.)
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon TRE.ips‎ (137.6 KB, 83 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 26th, 2008 (07:11 PM).
That's Right!
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Great job! You should be added to the list of completed hacks now!
Old May 26th, 2008 (07:17 PM).

Downloaded and put onto DS. Good night =D
Old May 26th, 2008 (07:23 PM).

Thank you Meowth and Chrona. And I was just going to change the title name because i realized it was too over the top, but I saw you already did that. Sorry about that.

Anyway, to those who download it feel free to post how you feel about it in here.

I honestly believe this is the 2nd best 1st gen hack out there, if it depended on my dedication and effort. I hope you all feel the same.
Old May 27th, 2008 (03:29 AM).

I have to admit, it's awesome! For the first time in pokemon history, you actually have a variety of different pokemon to choose from, in most games you can't get a fire type (Other than a Growlithe/Vulpix) until late game for some reason. It's very well done, man, great job =D
Old May 27th, 2008 (10:57 AM).

I found a few small bugs

First of all, fossils don't get made. I went all the way out of the lab, and my Dome Fossil wasn't yet revived. Unless you changed the timer or something o.O

Next, Leech Seed simply freezes the game. Doesn't matter if you use it or an enemy uses it, it simply freezes. Bulbasaurs scare me now =(
Old May 27th, 2008 (11:11 AM).

Interesting. Thanks for telling me, I'll see if I can fix those problems.
I have no idea why those happen, but I'll look into. Not today or tomorrow, though, because I have work. But I'll look into it.
Old May 27th, 2008 (11:37 AM). Edited May 27th, 2008 by Chrona.

Good luck, I'll keep you informed if I find any more

Edit - Wow, I sure as hell wasn't expecting to see that "new" pokemon you put into the game, that the Police in the game corner had. Is it obtainable? =O
Old May 27th, 2008 (01:25 PM).

Nature: Calm
Found a glitch, Meowth has a Grass Pokemon sprite when you see it in the POKEMON command in the Start Menu
Old May 27th, 2008 (02:14 PM).

Good game. I like it and I think this is the second best first gen hack. I don't know if this is intentional but I could not get graveler to evolve via trading. Perhaps you changed it?
Old May 27th, 2008 (02:40 PM).

Xela, he addressed it in his release notes, Meowth is 001 in his version of the pokedex, so they gave it the 001 (Bulbasaur) icon, which was the bug thing.

And no clue on the trading.

Anyone know where to get the other starters or Hitmon?
Old May 27th, 2008 (05:47 PM).

Quote originally posted by Chrona:
Xela, he addressed it in his release notes, Meowth is 001 in his version of the pokedex, so they gave it the 001 (Bulbasaur) icon, which was the bug thing.

And no clue on the trading.

Anyone know where to get the other starters or Hitmon?
No pokemon evolve by trading, all are by leveling up. except eevee still uses stones. Chrona answered the in-party sprite issue, the other starters can be found in the wild. (each in only 1 location) And by the other starters I mean bulbasaur and squirtle. Meowth, koffing, and ekans are not found in the wild.

and the "new" pokemon were supposed to be a surprise but unfortunately they are not obtainable. I just liked gliches and thought it would be a cool little surprise.

I am still disappointed about those two glitches, Chrona. Thanks again for telling me. I did look into it for a second and I know that is has nothing to do with that attacks traits, so i really dont know how to fix. I might just have to remove the attack from the game or replace it with a similar attack. If the fossil issue cannot be fixed (maybe you have to wait longer? I'm not sure) I could always put those pokemon into the wild. So even if I cant find a fix there aer some ways. They aren't perfect BUT it would be better than now.
That and the stupid pokedex reordering in-party sprite glitch really bug me.

Oh well. Thanks for the replies.
Also, are they pokemon too high leveled for anyone? I suggest NOT running from wild battles, as you will need high levels. (you won't like the ELITE FOUR). Don't get mad when you lose battles often. and i suggest buying alot of revives and potions before the elite four, as you will PROBABLY lose money.
Old May 27th, 2008 (05:48 PM).

I meant Meowth/Ekans/Koffing, any way to complete the dex?
Old May 27th, 2008 (05:52 PM).

That answers some questions. Another problem I encountered was that Blastoise has a glitched sprite in battle.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)