The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What do you think of this game?
Great 121 59.90%
Good 49 24.26%
Ok 16 7.92%
Bad 16 7.92%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorthreat0987 View Post
i noticed all the charsets you are using ,besides the hero, are using a light gray instead of a black as the outline, i recommend going to this link

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77924

and downloading the "Complete FR/LG Set" by Fangking Omega and using those instead. They are the same just with the fixed outlines so they will look better and more official giveing your game a more professional look. but other than that things are looks really good. good luck.
I am using his, it's just that some of his Charsets in that pack are like that and I don't have time to edit them right now. I must say, you are so helpful to us!

Would you consider joining our team? Oh, and expect a newer much longer demo in about a week. I've already added at least 25+ Minutes to the game already.
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
lll consider it, but school is starting soon, and i have a very very loaded schedual, and i have to take the SATs this year so i wont have much free time, but if i dont join i will continue to do odd jobs here and there for you if you would like.

I just redownloaded the charsets and i looked through them and they dont have the same problem yours do, so i personally would redownload them and switch them out and see if the problem gets fixed because that is the only thing that i can see that doesnt look official. anyway good luck.

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Flameguru

Quote:
lll consider it, but school is starting soon, and i have a very very loaded schedual, and i have to take the SATs this year so i wont have much free time, but if i dont join i will continue to do odd jobs here and there for you if you would like.

I just redownloaded the charsets and i looked through them and they dont have the same problem yours do, so i personally would redownload them and switch them out and see if the problem gets fixed because that is the only thing that i can see that doesnt look official. anyway good luck.
I know what you mean, in 8 days I start my Sophomore year in High School. Either way you've already been a big help to the game and I'm very grateful to you for that.

I'll redownload them and check them out. Thanks.
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

your welcome. I cant wait to see some of the stuff i have contributed in action. =]

yea check the charsets out i really think they will make the game look better if they had the black outline.

My DeviantArt
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:58 AM
Flameguru

This is really strange. Yes, the graphics in that pack looked way better but when I imported them RMXP made them ugly again. I changed the Background color of all the charsets to Yellow and now they all look perfect! So no more ugly graphics :D

I'll probably update the Screenshots on the front page now, and later today work on finished Tangelo Island's Story Events.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
This catches my eye man, good luck.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:15 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameguru View Post
This is really strange. Yes, the graphics in that pack looked way better but when I imported them RMXP made them ugly again. I changed the Background color of all the charsets to Yellow and now they all look perfect! So no more ugly graphics :D

I'll probably update the Screenshots on the front page now, and later today work on finished Tangelo Island's Story Events.
ha that is weird, well as long as they look better. ha

My DeviantArt
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:20 AM
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
Yeah, this game is cool. Can't wait for more updates!
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Flameguru

I just made another twist to the story on Valencia Island which should add about 15+ Minutes of game play. I won't let all the info go but it's kinda like the Tin Tower..but in a Lighthouse.

This game is probably going to be a tad harder than regular Pokemon Games but I've been putting in some funny things here and there so if you want to get the best game play you have to explore!
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
We are currently in ne ed of a scripter if anyone wishes to help us.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
bump-a-choo
Beginning Trainer

yo! i cant play the game!! it says "it aint a valid archive" so like what do i do??>.< help will be kindly taken oh and im half way desint spirter if u need help O.O
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre!!

Last edited by bump-a-choo; August 21st, 2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: needed to add somthing
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Flameguru

Sorry, but I just downloaded it, extracted it, and played it. Everything went fine. I use Winrar to make my .zip files so maybe it does something stupid. Try again?

We are currently only in need of a Scripter, but if we ever need some spriting done, I'll PM you.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
bump-a-choo
Beginning Trainer

ok i use winzip so theres da prob oh well thnks ill have to use winrar!!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre!!
Old August 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
Flameguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bump-a-choo View Post
ok i use winzip so theres da prob oh well thnks ill have to use winrar!!
No Problem. Anyway, All day I have been trying to implement a new CBS but it's not working.

If anybody is reading this and can help me, PM me ASAP! With or without the new CBS, there will be a demo released by this Friday. Expect some new screenshots and updates tomorrow
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Eternal Nightmare
Stunningly Handsome

Send a message via Yahoo to Eternal Nightmare
I can't wait for the updates.
Sry I wish I knew some scripters to
help you guys, but I don't.

-ChronicNightmare-
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Delano
Wanderer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Delano Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Delano
heres "chris". thing is i dont think he really looks like a "chris" i propose discussing a new name for him. maybe his middle name can be chris, as a ref to his creator. but i dont think he looks like a "chris" to me.

come visit my art gallery!
pm me, im usually open for requests
xp
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
I say we stick with the name. XD

Edit: We are still in need of a scripter and some spriters.
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Random
-

Just came to checkup on things, looks like its coming out nicely guys.
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Flameguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
heres "chris". thing is i dont think he really looks like a "chris" i propose discussing a new name for him. maybe his middle name can be chris, as a ref to his creator. but i dont think he looks like a "chris" to me.
What do you mean he "Doesn't look like a "Chris"" ? XD We can't just change his name, that'd be kinda strange...

But I must say, you have some crazy awesome Skillz in the Graphics department.

UPDATE: I got a working Dawn/Day/Dusk/Night System, all I need now is for the Windows to light up!

Last edited by Flameguru; August 22nd, 2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

thats cool. is is script or event based? either way it adds an awsome feel to the game.

My DeviantArt
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
Flameguru

Quote:
thats cool. is is script or event based? either way it adds an awsome feel to the game.
Its a script. I also have a weather system script. Heres a Screenshot of "Thunderstorm" at 9 AM:

It was impossible to press PrtSc when the Lightning flash took place, but it looks so much better in game. You'll all see it when I release the demo.

There will be Random Rain and Thunderstorms in the Orange Islands!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Delano
Wanderer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Delano Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Delano
heres ashraf:
all of these arent the finished products, just sketches, ill do more refined pictures later, when everything is done with then characters and bios.

come visit my art gallery!
pm me, im usually open for requests
xp
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

I'll work ont he bio for Ashraf with youa nd will send it to Flameguru and then Hedgehogger or LusterKnight for spriting.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Flameguru

I posted his Bio. Now then, I redid Tangelo Island and added a "Port Section" and made the route a lot bigger. I'll show you guys on AIM.

For updates...Random Weather in the Orange Islands works! Expect more tonight
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

This is the Orange Islads map and

Meet Rachel-another rival of the hero liek Chris and Silvver
She is 13 years old and 5'3
Rachel is the Daughter of Proffessor Ivy. She often gets lost, but still finds her way to places eventually. She is always trying to hep the hero as well as anyone else she can.

Well that's it folks! Expect more tonight.

Sponsored Links