Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What should the Name be???
Pokemon Calcite 26 27.96%
Pokemon Legend of Dragons 40 43.01%
Pokemon Dragon Adventure 27 29.03%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2008 (12:23 PM).
Old-timer

Quote originally posted by Chibaymega12:
oh, i was thinking some rare pokemon in the other games. I would put charmander as a super rare pokemon and then some other random pokemon, lol
Well the Pre-Beta is very short.
It only goes to the 3rd town.
It was very good though.
I can't really remember any other wild pokemon.
Old January 27th, 2008 (07:26 PM). Edited January 28th, 2008 by thethethethe.

wow, this hack looks cool. i love the plot as you've told it. Just a word of advice, lets have one more starter! If you're planning on adding the Gabite line, go ahead and add him as a starter unless you have another plan for him in the next beta. I love the idea for the League, and not just an Elite 4. If my computer could play a hacks other than Shiny Gold, i would play this one! I wish you luck!
I need to update the first post. Those screenshopts are from before I decided to restart.
There's a few possibilities, for starters.
Trapinch
Horsea
Gible
Dratini
Bagon

ooooh, okay, my bad, lol
can anyone tell me what some of the first few catchable pokemon are?
oh, i was thinking some rare pokemon in the other games. I would put charmander as a super rare pokemon and then some other random pokemon, lol
I can't really remember what pokemon I added on the first few routes. I think it's the usual pokemon like Pidgey and rattata. I added a few pokemon that are a bit different. I think there's a Cubone in Route 45, Nidoran(m) in route 46 and Nidoran(f) and Bellsprout in route 29. (They're aren't any Hoenn/jhoto Pokemon, because you didn't get the National Dex until a while into the game)
Old January 28th, 2008 (04:54 AM).
Man I gotta stop leaving!

Send a message via AIM to ~*Pikafan*~ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~*Pikafan*~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~*Pikafan*~
If you can't get the national dex, then how come when I loaded it it showed Lugia on it and went up to Lugia?

Guitar Hero and Rock Band Rock. 'Nuff Said

I have a bunch of Friend Codes for Wii. These games I have Friend Codes for:

Guitar Hero World Tour (GHWT)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)
Guitar Hero 3 (GH3)
Pokemon Battle Revolution (PBR)
Rock Band 2, once I get it (RB2)

RAWR. I NEED SHTUFF FOR MAH SIGNATURE. RAWR.
Old January 28th, 2008 (05:36 AM).

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
They're aren't any Hoenn/jhoto Pokemon, because you didn't get the National Dex until a while into the game
I didn't say you didn't get it at all. Elm gives it to you, and since you pass through those routes, before you get it. I didn't do that.
Old January 28th, 2008 (06:34 PM).
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
OK, I have played the game, and I want to say that it give me a good impression (although it's still a bit short in my taste... Keep working on it! )

Now, onto some comments about the game, I found the new beginning quite interesting, I liked all those weather changes. However, the questionary and getting starter thing ticked me off, as I wanted a Horsea, and I got Gible (yeah, I had to start answering again till I got it ), by the way, I guess that Gible's not finished, ah? 'Cause it's special ability was "none" (I wonder if that can be changed with Amplifier...)

But, I really wish you luck in trying to fix that shrinking-dancing-starter problem, as it looks that it wont be easy to fix...

I'm not posting bugs, but, maybe you could add the rival's sprite after he says he'll go to his house as soon as it starts to rain.
And mainly, even though I know it's not simple, I hope the dialogues from the people inside the houses (at New Bark and Cherrygrove) will be changed, because LoD is supposed to be a brand new game, and not a remake.

That was all that I had to comment, it was a bit short but I enjoyed it. Good luck for when you return from your break!

Old February 1st, 2008 (03:46 PM).
Mr.Gaburiasu

Nature: Calm
Great work with the Alpha 2 4the! I liked the diversity in the starters the most, and the MD-like test was fun too. (you can guess which starter I chose. XD) That sailorman was naughty cliffhanger, though I understand you had to come up with a lot in a short amount of time. Keep pressing on to the first beta!

Dr.Garchomp
Old February 1st, 2008 (03:52 PM).
Retired Hacker

Nature: Calm
If you need any help mapping let me know (pm).
Just a suggestion, but i think you should change the tile for a new look.
Old February 1st, 2008 (06:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by zel:
Now, onto some comments about the game, I found the new beginning quite interesting, I liked all those weather changes. However, the questionary and getting starter thing ticked me off, as I wanted a Horsea, and I got Gible (yeah, I had to start answering again till I got it :P), by the way, I guess that Gible's not finished, ah? 'Cause it's special ability was "none" (I wonder if that can be changed with Amplifier...)

But, I really wish you luck in trying to fix that shrinking-dancing-starter problem, as it looks that it wont be easy to fix...

I'm not posting bugs, but, maybe you could add the rival's sprite after he says he'll go to his house as soon as it starts to rain.
And mainly, even though I know it's not simple, I hope the dialogues from the people inside the houses (at New Bark and Cherrygrove) will be changed, because LoD is supposed to be a brand new game, and not a remake.

That was all that I had to comment, it was a bit short but I enjoyed it. Good luck for when you return from your break!
I knew that starter thing was going to be one of those things that some people were going to like and others wouldn't because they wanted (starter name here). But I've found a lot of little patterns that work to get the starters that I wanted to get.

I forgot about adding the Rival back to the house. I'll fix that up.
And I've only thought of one way to fix the Starter problem in battle. Restart and put everything into a new ROM, which is what I'm doing. That shouldn't take too long since I'm not editing too much.

And I guess only a GSC remaker would have noticed that. (Or am I wrong and others did too.) I think when I did the text for those people it was about midnight, and I couldn't think of anything else. I've got some new text for them now....

Quote originally posted by G.K.S.:
If you need any help mapping let me know (pm).
Just a suggestion, but i think you should change the tile for a new look.
I'm okay with mapping, I like to do it myself, because then it's all my way. And I can add whatever little differences I want to add.

I've got new tiles already, I just decided that I'd leave them as original FR tiles in the alpha. In the beta i'll have them inserted.

Now onto an update of what I'm doing now. I'm back at school now (I've been on holidays since late Novemeber), so I'm going to slowly creep back into my normal rhythm of things and then, slowly hacking will edge in there too. I've started doing little things at the moment (Evolutions, movesets, etc.). I'll add something about the evolutions/movesets of Pokemon. A lot will be changed. And one thing about Pokemon games that I've always hated, are evolution stones. Pokemon that evolve by Evolution Stones will also evolve by levels(except for eevee)..... So these evolutions, will have new moves to remove they're older crappier ones.
Old February 1st, 2008 (06:32 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Will you give UMBREON something good like CRUNCH, plz?
That would be useful.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old February 1st, 2008 (06:54 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
that's nice updates ya got, thethethethe... =3

I wish you well in the things you desire on doing.
Keep it up~

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old February 3rd, 2008 (02:28 AM).

I was playing Prism today, and I took notice of the re-ordered Pokedex. So I thought to myself, "Is it possible for me to do that to the Pokedex in Fire Red?"
The answer was unfortunately, no. I couldn't find a way to do it the way that CBM had done it and re-ordered the Pokedex. So I did something else. I'll just change the Pokemon's Numbers. Like this.

So now the Pokedex will be fully changed. With most Pokemon having new numbers. So Legend of Dragons will have it's own Pokedex.
Watch out for it the future.
Old February 3rd, 2008 (02:56 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

That seems to be a nice idea, thethethethe.
However, I can see that you have replaced Bulbasaur for Dratini, and so, just a quick question, but will you then be replacing the PKMN in those first numbers in the POKEDEX..? And if so, will you then be chnging the footprints? :D

That is all, and I think you should go with that idea.
Best of luck and hoping for the best!

Old February 3rd, 2008 (07:15 AM).
When will this day end?

The dex looks good thethethethe
I wonder what other pokemon will be re-ordered
well good luck with the hack

Click here to level up my license!
Old February 7th, 2008 (12:10 AM).

Nature: Adamant
which is the original rom? firered? ruby?

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:
Old February 7th, 2008 (12:13 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

this is a hack of a FireRed US ROmM.

Old February 7th, 2008 (12:20 AM).

Nature: Adamant
what do i do here, i met gary he ran off i battled a dratini and all of a sudden i went to a gym and its frozen

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:
Old February 7th, 2008 (04:48 PM).

Can't wait to see more this is a awsome hack
Old February 7th, 2008 (08:43 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by DNA:
I could do some mapping for you if you want :) I'm reasonably good at it and are quite imaginative but still able to follow orders. BTW are you planning on changing the name at all?
yeah, im reasonably good at mapping to. I think... Using AdvanceMap is mapping rite? Cuz that is what i use. Changin up how the cities look and where teh pplz are and stuff. If any help im available. :D
Old February 7th, 2008 (09:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by knight:
what do i do here, i met gary he ran off i battled a dratini and all of a sudden i went to a gym and its frozen
Could you tell me exactly what you did. I don't think anyone else has had this problem have they?

Quote originally posted by moosk93:
yeah, im reasonably good at mapping to. I think... Using AdvanceMap is mapping rite? Cuz that is what i use. Changin up how the cities look and where teh pplz are and stuff. If any help im available. :D
I'm sorry, I don't like having other mappers. I know it says there are a few there, but most of them have been just a "one off" Map. So thanks, but no thanks.
Old February 7th, 2008 (10:48 PM).

this looks like a very good hack. cant wait till the next beta.
Old February 8th, 2008 (05:07 AM).

can you change the file to a attachment instead of a sendspace file? i cant seem to dl from sendspace(or u can use savefile.com to upload)
Old February 10th, 2008 (07:50 PM).
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
Cool beta, short but left a good impression. Hope to see some updates soon.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old February 10th, 2008 (09:50 PM).

Quote originally posted by xhalotrialx:
can you change the file to a attachment instead of a sendspace file? i cant seem to dl from sendspace(or u can use savefile.com to upload)
I'll add an extra link, for in cases when the first one isn't working.

Quote originally posted by adamb241:
Cool beta, short but left a good impression. Hope to see some updates soon.
We'll I'm still not physically working on (just took a short break from hacking, if you didn't know) the hack yet, but I am doing a little "research" for ideas, and how I might try to implement them.
And if you want some detail into what I'm researching, take a look in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
You didn't actually think I was going to tell you what I was doing, did you? But I'm not that cruel, I'll give a little hint. I've been looking in pokemon Gold/Silver roms to see how some things are set up, and then look for similiarities between the FR rom.
Old February 11th, 2008 (02:06 AM).
Mapper

Looks great dude. Can't wait for full version. I can't even download the Beta :[
Old February 13th, 2008 (09:18 AM).

hi
i came till the pokemon chooses u
i tried it twice but everytime after i get the pokemon i was the old woman and not my character
how i can change that back?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)