The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What should the Name be???
Pokemon Calcite 26 27.96%
Pokemon Legend of Dragons 40 43.01%
Pokemon Dragon Adventure 27 29.03%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 25th, 2008, 04:02 AM
ExMaikel
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espreon View Post
Alright, why do you need it to be uploaded to another site? Second of all I would remove the insult...
because the both upload he gave doesn't work for me
GOD, are u rly that dum that u can't understand that ?
just to start defend and insult u can ... X_X

anyway can u plz upload another link to the download ? [ to the hack'z team ]
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Espreon
Lord of the Nagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMaikel View Post
because the both upload he gave doesn't work for me
GOD, are u rly that dum that u can't understand that ?
just to start defend and insult u can ... X_X

anyway can u plz upload another link to the download ? [ to the hack'z team ]
Well, excuse me for not being omniscient!
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
KaniTheri
The Lopunny Queen

Send a message via AIM to KaniTheri
I'm sorry if this was already addressed in the thread, but this is patched via fire red, correct? Well, I patched it onto a clean FR rom and it doesn't show up as a selectable game when I try it with VBA or NoCash GB. I attempted to circumvent this by selecting a program from the list, but it doesn't work.

Since there was no readme file included in the download I have to ask here. Again, sorry if it was covered. Thanks in advance.
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
The new alpha I played was Amazing!
I said that this is what thethethethe's about, all of the features and effort put into the game.

And the face that there's no bugs makes me wonder...
Wish I was an Expert Scripter like you, I'm just advanced, that's all.

I really want to play the Beta, and find out what's in the Boat, I'll add a Usebar to my Signature now.

See yah, Great hack too.
-cooley

Old February 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Vegeta™

Nature: Modest
When will the beta be finished
Old February 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Is that all you care about? Just wanting to play the game? You probably will forget about it once you're done playing it.

So please, If you really wanted to know you could've PM'd him instead of wasting post potential. You could've had commented about the game you know...

Anyways, Hope you get to read Post #729 thethethethe!

Old February 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Teddiursa™
Never Give up

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Teddiursa™
Yea What Cooley Said, Make you're own and Release it in one go!
Progress:
0%
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
KaniTheri
The Lopunny Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaniTheri View Post
I'm sorry if this was already addressed in the thread, but this is patched via fire red, correct? Well, I patched it onto a clean FR rom and it doesn't show up as a selectable game when I try it with VBA or NoCash GB. I attempted to circumvent this by selecting a program from the list, but it doesn't work.

Since there was no readme file included in the download I have to ask here. Again, sorry if it was covered. Thanks in advance.

Okay, I asked this before and it was largely ignored--I'm having this same problem with Quartz. I patch it and the game loads in VBA but is utterly white, and doesn't work with NoCashGBA at all.

Would someone mind elaborating on exactly what game one is supposed to patch these to, and why it may not be working?
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:03 PM
DIAR
Beginning Trainer

can i just ask how to play this game.. its IPS.. wat is dis??
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAR View Post
You need to patch the IPS into a ROM. Instructions are in this post, along with anything else you might see.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

Anyway, I'm about to try this game out. It's looking quite good despite the skimming I've done, I hope to take a closer look with this beta.
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Quote:
Okay, I asked this before and it was largely ignored--I'm having this same problem with Quartz. I patch it and the game loads in VBA but is utterly white, and doesn't work with NoCashGBA at all.

Would someone mind elaborating on exactly what game one is supposed to patch these to, and why it may not be working?
Maybe the rom doesn't work.
Play the rom before you try to patch something on it.
if it doesn't then make sure it isn't hacked already.
Quote:
a big spam, as for my post, a spam as well for replying to a spam. *reports*
Thanks DJG.

Quote:
An IPS is used to prevent the pokecommunity, as well as other sites, from being sued or having a lawsuit against it because posting a rom is illegal.Just ask Nintendo.

And the most important of all...
good luck and hope it doesn't crash Thethethethe!
Its a great game that should see the light at the end of the cave.
It was really glitchy though.
On the pre-alpha sometimes the game froze when i got my gible and went left 1 after getting out of the house.
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Sorry, it's been a while since I posted. I've just been busy this past week, and I've putting a a lot of time into the tutorial I'm writing.

Quote:
Only God knows... Lets just use the manga names!

Also are you gonna take my suggestion and implement Altomore? It is in the Johto region...

Also were you serious when you said a while back that you weren't gonna put in Dialga, Palkia and Giratina (I really only care for Giratina)?
Manga names? Isn't that Gold, and Silver, etc.
I didn't want to use those names, because I had Ash in there. I just thought it didn't suit, what I'd already had.

What's Altomore?

And I still haven't decided exactly what kinds of DP pokemon, are going to be included. I'm just "playing it by ear."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie.ds View Post
i like this version of pokemon. i wonder where you get the ideas?
Everywhere. Play through different kinds of games, and think, "can I do this somehow?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMaikel View Post
could u plz upload the new download to another site?
I will add a third option for download. Hopefully, I'll do it today, and if not it'll probably be tomorrow(if I remember).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
I think he has so many bugs/glitches in his game because he put too much scripts in there,especially the yes/no scripts.
And i won against pikachu.My gible got 8 levels up thanks to sand attack.
The bugs aren't due to too many scripts, more due to being lazy, and not checking on things, and forgetting to fix some things, and really just rushing.
And you beat the Pikachu? What happened when you won?

Quote:

Quote:

Ummm. I don't think anyones had that problem yet. You might have to check some other threads involving FAQ's and simple question threads to solve that problem. It might be that you're doing something wrong.

And that's not a bad idea adding a readme file. I'll remember that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
So which one is the new alpha? I played the old Alpha and I thought to myself:
"This can't be the doing of thethethethe, He wouldn't leave so many glitches unless he Rushed, He's lke the best scripter I know and I see so many errors in the old alpha"

{So please tell me witch one is the new alpha or pre-beta, - Nevermind xD} I want to give positive feedback, and can't wait for that Pokescript tutorial,

see yah
-cooley
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
The new alpha I played was Amazing!
I said that this is what thethethethe's about, all of the features and effort put into the game.

And the face that there's no bugs makes me wonder...
Wish I was an Expert Scripter like you, I'm just advanced, that's all.

I really want to play the Beta, and find out what's in the Boat, I'll add a Usebar to my Signature now.

See yah, Great hack too.
-cooley
Thanks.
This kind of contradicts your other message doesn't it?
I'd admit it was pretty buggy. I got lazy.
I'll hopefully get this beta out sometime in the near future. Or maybe even alpha 1.2 without bugs.

I've got a 4 day weekend coming up, this coming week (March 7-10) and the week after that I'm on school holidays. My tutorial is just about ready to post. So I can devote that time off school to the hack. So sorry, there's no updates, but hopefully I can get some out there soon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention something. I always hated how they always let young kids gamble

Last edited by thethethethe; February 29th, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Super Smash Kid
StraightEdge Member

Nature: Bold
Wow this game looks good. But how come u only get 2 starters?

Spoiler:
What's done is done with EGL I do not want it to ever be revived, we want to progress to the future and evolve not go back in time. The times we had were fun and the memories will live on in our hearts to those that contribute. Now it's time for the next big thing to have a longer run than us, and thanks to Venks, speedy 101, shinypoke666, evilcheese, Ito_Igami, Ktn, darkspace, dunlop, Abyay, and Umanouski; the Original 12 in EGL and for making this league quite special. I'd also like to thank Shin although he wasn't an original member his contributions throughout the league were apperciated greatly, and I had a real blast meeting/getting to know a lot of you this was a wonderful expirence/journey and hopefully we can all hang again.
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
I think he has so many bugs/glitches in his game because he put too much scripts in there,especially the yes/no scripts.
And i won against pikachu.My gible got 8 levels up thanks to sand attack.
The bugs aren't due to too many scripts, more due to being lazy, and not checking on things, and forgetting to fix some things, and really just rushing.
And you beat the Pikachu? What happened when you won?
Nothing.
I just didn't lose my $1000 to ash.
no glitches either.
and ok i just thought that too many scripts can screw up the game.
well i don't want to spam so Good luck thethethethe and get someone to check your game next time.
The pokemon turned upside down,tiny,huge,and looked the other way sometimes.
It looked like they had a big toothache.
And SSK you must be playing another alpha or beta because there are about 5 starters in the pre-alpha.
they are dratini, bagon, horsea, missingno gible, and the last one i forgot.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
KaniTheri
The Lopunny Queen

Thanks for the response--I ran it pre-patching and it turns out it's already a hack. Amateur translation of the Japanese version. I'd never have thought to try that on my own Hopefully when I find a replacement it'll work.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Espreon
Lord of the Nagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
What's Altomore?
Altomore is an island south of Azalea Town, accessible via ferry docked in Cherrygrove. Altomore is seen in Pokemon: Heroes (the movie with Lati@s) I was suggesting you to implement this island because Lati@s are the guardians of this island and this is where the Soul Dew lies (according to the movie). So we can catch Lati@s and obtain the Soul Dew here.

Or if you wanna make this more fun we you can script the events of the movie in and change the story around to include the protagonist in the events...
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Altomore is an island south of Azalea Town, accessible via ferry docked in Cherrygrove. Altomore is seen in Pokemon: Heroes (the movie with Lati@s) I was suggesting you to implement this island because Lati@s are the guardians of this island and this is where the Soul Dew lies (according to the movie). So we can catch Lati@s and obtain the Soul Dew here.

Or if you wanna make this more fun we you can script the events of the movie in and change the story around to include the protagonist in the events...
That would be a good idea, but certain parts of the movie would be impossible to script. ( The Town's water receding, ect )
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I never watched the fourth movie
But I agree. In some of the past movies of pokemon I watched some parts would be incredibly hard to script (Like the first one ) But it was a good idea anyway.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old March 1st, 2008, 12:13 AM
DeckuZora
Non Existing

IPS file will not patch. Is it working for others here?
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:33 AM
cpsp
Hack Lover

Looks like you've got a pretty good hack so far!

I have a couple of questions. First, i haven't battled my rival. I'm sure i'm
using a new alpha.
Also, in ELM's lab, are you supposed to walk on half the machine that
heals ur pokes in the game? (top corner)

Well anyway. good luck. looks like you're nearly realesing the beta,
am i right?
Thunder Emblem
Destiny
Omega
rijonAdventures
Zephyr
Silver Current
Waterfall
Aurora
Legend Of Fenju
And More!!!
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
ExMaikel
:)

thx for uploding to another mirror
btw u wrote 2 times http//, fix that
well im gonna try now the current beta "

a bug when u take pokemon, i chose a nickname for my Dratini [ from the quiz ] and then I was that granny and got stucked... ><
that the 1st bug above, I can't pick a pokemon without getting stucked [ can't take the quiz ]
and Gible have only 1 Icon so the Icon animation is kinda screwed.

Last edited by ExMaikel; March 1st, 2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:59 AM
KaniTheri
The Lopunny Queen

Thus far I'm really loving the plot scripting, it's far and away the best I've ever seen in a Romhack. The beginning event was wholly unique and really engaging, and since typically I lose interest in a hack immediately it's really impressive that it's held my attention this long. There are a few minor errors in grammar and spelling, but insofar as I recall you mentioned this in your to-do list in the OP.

Really awesome work, I'm enjoying the congenial relationship the main character seems to have with the rival too. It's something you don't encounter very often and makes it more interesting.

Last edited by KaniTheri; March 1st, 2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Espreon
Lord of the Nagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSK=lucariofan View Post
Wow this game looks good. But how come u only get 2 starters?
That was the old pre-alpha.

The new pre-alpha has five starters in which you take a quiz to determine which one is gonna be yours...

Oh and thethethethe:

Do you plan to put in the Gible line's cries in?
And why did you not implement Clair's sprite as seen in the old pre-alpha?
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:25 AM
abzhater
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
uhh..im sorry if this was already said but...after u take the quiz and receive ur pokemon...and u go anywhere in the room [without exiting]...and press start and view ur pokemon...after u exit the pokemon list and the menu, ur character switches into the old grandma...or the person that now replaces the old grandma, a similar character of yours except with a white hat...eventually u get stuck as u can not go past the boundary.....i would post a screenshot if i knew how to..plz post back how i can post a screenshot of some sort so i can make this ezier to understand..

Last edited by abzhater; March 1st, 2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: more bugs/glitches
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
You don't have to post a screen, we understand you as this was already answered.
It is one out of many bugs in the new alpha.
I think thethethethe is fixing them.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links