Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What should the Name be???
Pokemon Calcite 26 27.96%
Pokemon Legend of Dragons 40 43.01%
Pokemon Dragon Adventure 27 29.03%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2007 (06:09 AM).

Quote originally posted by EarthsVisitor:
Welcome to my world.
What exactly happened though?
Usaully there are ways to fix it.
Well what happens is whenever I stand on Random points on the boat, the game resets. I can't figure out which spots it resets on because it will happen on one spot I'll walk away and then it will work but then a different tile will reset the game.
I could probably just not use the map but then I'd be wasting a map so, I prefer to go back and just try and start from a backup without the problem. Esmas! I'm still going to change a lot of the Sprites, It's just not a very high priority, and since I'm not very good at spriting, it could take me a day to get one the way I like it. I'm just more worried about the actual gameplay.(maps and scripts)

Well thanks for the support everyone and hopefully I can find a little time to work on my hack tomorrow.
Old September 28th, 2007 (08:00 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
your banners and screens are quite good.
I am gettin jealous lol
Old September 28th, 2007 (12:02 PM).
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Well, finished playing the Beta, and it was quite interesting. It was nice playing just a bit of Johto and know that we would start a trip to Hoenn (it was cool those small changes on the routes you did)

Obviously, I'm happy with the scripting you did. It made the game quite different from FR.

About errors, well, I didn't pay too much attention about it. I just found a ledge leading into a mountain on Route45. I also think (though it's probably just a temporary overworld) that the hero has an error when he's walking from the side (it changes some of the outlines colors)
By the way, haven't you checked Marz's thread? Writing your name with rocks is not something cool... At least for him... XD

In general, even when it was a bit short, it was worth playing. Hope you can manage to keep up with it (and fix those problems you seem to have. Make sure you don't have any sprites with a Hidden attribute assigned to them, at least give'em the last Hidden in the list, the others reset the game as soon as they enter the screen)

Good luck!

Old September 28th, 2007 (06:24 PM).

Quote originally posted by born2hack:
your banners and screens are quite good.
I am gettin jealous lol
Quote originally posted by zel:
Well, finished playing the Beta, and it was quite interesting. It was nice playing just a bit of Johto and know that we would start a trip to Hoenn (it was cool those small changes on the routes you did)

Obviously, I'm happy with the scripting you did. It made the game quite different from FR.

About errors, well, I didn't pay too much attention about it. I just found a ledge leading into a mountain on Route45. I also think (though it's probably just a temporary overworld) that the hero has an error when he's walking from the side (it changes some of the outlines colors)
By the way, haven't you checked Marz's thread? Writing your name with rocks is not something cool... At least for him... XD

In general, even when it was a bit short, it was worth playing. Hope you can manage to keep up with it (and fix those problems you seem to have. Make sure you don't have any sprites with a Hidden attribute assigned to them, at least give'em the last Hidden in the list, the others reset the game as soon as they enter the screen)

Good luck!
Okay thanks born2hack and Zel, Especially Zel. You're the greatest. I've fixed my problem. I had the higher hidden assined to a pokeball, I changed it to the lower one and it works fone now. I'm so happy. Thanks so much Zel.

I know about all of the problems with the Hero OW. I'll try and make a new one before I release the first beta. About my name, I've already removed it. I'm not a fan of mapping so I got pretty bored.

And I can't find the ledge that leads into a mountain. Could someone show a screenshot of what he means?

Thanks for the support.
Old September 28th, 2007 (07:55 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
from thethethethe = "...and it works fone now..."

Eheheh... fine*

Well, that's great news, thethethethe!
I wonder what's the length of the upcoming Beta... Oh well...

Best of luck, as always, thethethethe!!!
Keep it up and never give up!

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old September 28th, 2007 (08:10 PM).
Chilean Hacker

Send a message via ICQ to Dark tyranitar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dark tyranitar
hack is seen well single is necessary to look for to him but future no?
Old September 28th, 2007 (09:26 PM).
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
And I can't find the ledge that leads into a mountain. Could someone show a screenshot of what he means?
I'm refering to jumping this ledge:

It's not like you get stuck there (you can walk left and everything's fine after that), just a minor mapping mistake, but I just happened to jump down that ledge when I was normally playing, so I thought about telling you

Old September 28th, 2007 (10:40 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Oh yeah... I remember that one... I too jumped on that same ledge, but I kinda forgot to post it here...
Well, as zel said, it's just a minor mapping mistake.
I harm done.

As always thethethethe.., best of luck.
Keep it up!

Old September 29th, 2007 (01:46 AM).

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
from thethethethe = "...and it works fone now..."

Eheheh... fine*

Well, that's great news, thethethethe!
I wonder what's the length of the upcoming Beta... Oh well...

Best of luck, as always, thethethethe!!!
Keep it up and never give up!
Yeah, I'm not the best at typing. I'm still not sure about the length of the beta. Probably 2 or 3 badges, maybe one more. I'm still not sure yet.

Quote originally posted by zel:
I'm refering to jumping this ledge:

It's not like you get stuck there (you can walk left and everything's fine after that), just a minor mapping mistake, but I just happened to jump down that ledge when I was normally playing, so I thought about telling you
Thanks Zel. All fixed.
Just a bit off topic here but I remeber reading something that you posted about a guide to level scripts. I was just wondering where could I find that.

Quote originally posted by Dark tyranitar:
hack is seen well single is necessary to look for to him but future no?
Ummm... Sorry, but huh?????

Okay, since I used my poll already, I think I'll just ask this. Originally I was going to include all of the Hoenn gyms and make it the Hoenn League, and then get some of the badges of Johto while searching for a dragon but after discussing some ideas with somebody helping me, they thought it would be a good idea to involve gyms from all generations. Then I'd make it a world league. I liked that Idea. Then I thought what would everyone else prefer? Well what do you think?
Old September 29th, 2007 (02:03 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

eheheh... I could never understand what dark tyranitar (no offense...) posts...

Anyways, that's cool! I can't wait for an official badg.., I mean beta...

My tongue slipped... Oh well, best of luck (how many times should I say this..? Oh well...) as always!

Keep it up and always aim high!

Old September 29th, 2007 (02:30 AM).
Jolly Good

Send a message via AIM to EarthsVisitor
Well what happens is whenever I stand on Random points on the boat, the game resets. I can't figure out which spots it resets on because it will happen on one spot I'll walk away and then it will work but then a different tile will reset the game.
I could probably just not use the map but then I'd be wasting a map so, I prefer to go back and just try and start from a backup without the problem. Esmas! I'm still going to change a lot of the Sprites, It's just not a very high priority, and since I'm not very good at spriting, it could take me a day to get one the way I like it. I'm just more worried about the actual gameplay.(maps and scripts)

Well thanks for the support everyone and hopefully I can find a little time to work on my hack tomorrow.
This is a simple error to fix usaully.
If your map has any "movement" types such as "look down" or "hidden" within advancemap, that is what usaully causes it.

Quote originally posted by TheTheTheThe:
ust a bit off topic here but I remeber reading something that you posted about a guide to level scripts. I was just wondering where could I find that.
http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/scriptnivel.php

Old September 29th, 2007 (02:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by EarthsVisitor:
This is a simple error to fix usaully.
If your map has any "movement" types such as "look down" or "hidden" within advancemap, that is what usaully causes it.

http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/scriptnivel.php
Thanks EV. Yeah, I know about the hidden thing now. Thanks. And I guess I'm going to have use altavista to read this. I've got something else to learn now. Might as well look around while I'm there, maybe I'll find something useful. Thanks again EV.
Old September 29th, 2007 (04:03 PM). Edited September 29th, 2007 by Espreon.
Lord of the Nagas

Maybe give the hero sprite... an outfit like the other dragon Pokemon trainers, otherwise I like it!
Also please keep all the Johto gyms in this.
Old September 29th, 2007 (04:43 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

I don't think thethethethe will include the Johto Gym Leaders (except for Clair who'll give ya your first PKMN with Lance.., but Clair here isn't a GYM LEADER...)...

The story here is that you're from Johto, specifically in Blackthorn City, and you're on your journey to hoenn to find this green dragon legend...

Old September 29th, 2007 (06:10 PM).
Friend or foe..........

just in case it hasn't been posted, when i go on to the boat, i can walk through most of the walls and can't go to the imediate right.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old September 29th, 2007 (06:23 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

it's already been reported...

the boat is the end of the pre-beta...

the beta is still under way...

Old September 29th, 2007 (06:30 PM).
used Bone Club...?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I like the starter options, dratini and bagon are pretty cool. Blackthorn City was also one of my favorite towns! I do hope you finish this game, it looks very good. Good luck to you my friend.
Old September 29th, 2007 (07:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by Espreon:
Maybe give the hero sprite... an outfit like the other dragon Pokemon trainers, otherwise I like it!
Also please keep all the Johto gyms in this.
I kinda hate Lance's and Claire's outfits. The cape isn't something I'd wear so I won't give it to the hero.

it's already been reported...

the boat is the end of the pre-beta...

the beta is still under way...
Thanks destinedjagold.
Quote originally posted by Hiidoran:
I like the starter options, dratini and bagon are pretty cool. Blackthorn City was also one of my favorite towns! I do hope you finish this game, it looks very good. Good luck to you my friend.
Thanks, for the support.

I don't think thethethethe will include the Johto Gym Leaders (except for Clair who'll give ya your first PKMN with Lance.., but Clair here isn't a GYM LEADER...)...

The story here is that you're from Johto, specifically in Blackthorn City, and you're on your journey to hoenn to find this green dragon legend...
Well..... actually I'm still not sure. At the moment it's the Hoenn gyms, with some visits to some Johto Gyms on your search. But as I posted earlier, I'm thinking about involving gyms from all generations. So I'm still not sure. No-one has really said anything about that yet.

I never really got any feedback on this. Maybe I'll Quote myself.
Quote:
Okay, since I used my poll already, I think I'll have to ask this. Originally I was going to include all of the Hoenn gyms and make it the Hoenn League, and then get some of the badges of Johto while searching for a dragon but after discussing some ideas with somebody helping me, they thought it would be a good idea to involve gyms from all generations. Then I'd make it a world league. I liked that Idea. Well what do you think?
Old September 29th, 2007 (07:19 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

eheheh... your welcome, thethethethe...

that would clear confusion in our minds now...

yeah, that sounds really interesting!

can't wait!

best of luck, thethethethe!
keep it up and always aim high!

Old September 29th, 2007 (08:30 PM).
<-- Please feed me Everstones!

Nature: Lax
At the moment it's the Hoenn gyms, with some visits to some Johto Gyms on your search. But as I posted earlier, I'm thinking about involving gyms from all generations. So I'm still not sure.
Well, I can give some feedback about this idea:

I actually like the first idea in the above quote, getting all the Hoenn Gym badges, but I also recall you posting about a return trip to Johto, and another side quest there, which could give you the opportunity for some Johto Gyms as well.
Old September 30th, 2007 (01:18 AM).
POKE-RAPPER

yeah thethethethe great game....but how many pokemon of d/p are in the game?
Old September 30th, 2007 (01:58 AM).

Quote originally posted by NEW-CESAR:
yeah thethethethe great game....but how many pokemon of d/p are in the game?
Well at the moment, none. I want to learn a couple of thing before I try and insert some. My problem is I don't want to replace any. And my other problem is I want to include leafeon and Glaceon(I have a thing for eevee and evo's) but first I want to see if I can find a way to add the 2 extra evo's, there probably isn't. Well, yeah, As I've said I want to get the mapping and scripting for beta 1 done and then I'll start worrying about tilesets/palletes/adding pokemon etc.

Quote originally posted by aaronburnsyou:
Well, I can give some feedback about this idea:

I actually like the first idea in the above quote, getting all the Hoenn Gym badges, but I also recall you posting about a return trip to Johto, and another side quest there, which could give you the opportunity for some Johto Gyms as well.
Thanks, but I've already decided what's most of what's in beta 1, maybe I'll restart for beta 2 and change the plot a bit. As I've said, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for feedback.
Old September 30th, 2007 (09:04 AM).
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
world league sounds like an excellent idea
perhaps you need to visit certain towns of all regions in order to find the legendary dragon. sorta like a quest across the world

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old September 30th, 2007 (09:16 AM).
used Bone Club...?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I think that it should stay just Hoenn and Johto gyms. To me it gives the game a sense of equlibrium with the starting pokemon. True, Dratini did come from the Kanto region orginally, but the Dragon's Den is in Johto, and that's the best place to find them. I don't know, it's your game.
Old September 30th, 2007 (06:37 PM).
PokeRom Hacker

I think the idea of having gyms from all the generations sounds good, just an idea, you could maybe include some dp ones. Hacks great keep it up!

EDIT: I have an idea on the eevee thing, you could have two pokemon, one a male eevee and the other a female eevee, and each would evolve into the different evolutions, example male evolves into jolteon but female flareon.Then you could fit the all in using Amplifier, just a suggestion.

Evovle Me!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links