The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
NightonEX
The Apple iSuck Fan!

How do I load up .sav files in VBA for my Pokemon Emerald ROM? I wanna play the saved games here.

Spoiler:

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
98% of the population has a Myspace.
If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo loser, copy and paste this into your signature.
Started by Blaziken Lover.

(\ _ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Support our group by clicking this^
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:48 AM
Martin Yiu
disappeared... forever

Just rename the file exactly same like the rom (example - if your rom is XYZ.gba so your save will be called XYZ.sav) And put the file into the same directory as the ROM. I would recommend you (but it might not be necessary) to make a save file (like you start the game, you are in the house where you start and you save the game) before you put your modified save in. Sometimes game doesn't recognise the save file and replaces it by new one (VBA creates save files after the ROM is closed to prepare place or something like that). It happened to me once or twice, but I am saying, it's not necessary.

Old September 15th, 2007, 05:18 AM
TheLilacNinetales
The Lilac Ninetales

When Iv'e downloaded it, I've had to rename it Pokemon Emerald.sa1 rather than .sav
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
TSPhoenix
Beginning Trainer

The easiest way is to do this in VisualBoy Advance;
File > Import > Battery Save
Then select the save you just downloaded

This will load that save, but it will also overwrite your current save, so be sure to backup your current save first.
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
NightonEX
The Apple iSuck Fan!

Sorry for not replying, THANKYOU!

Spoiler:

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
98% of the population has a Myspace.
If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo loser, copy and paste this into your signature.
Started by Blaziken Lover.

(\ _ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Support our group by clicking this^
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links