The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Advertise here
Sweet!! I saw some videos you did on YouTube. Quartz was one of my Favorite Pokemon Games!! When I knew your were doing Marble, I FREAKED. Great Job Baro!! Love it! <3 I can see you kept you Fakemon! I like your Fakemon. I cant wait to see your new pokemon! I will think of those as your 4th Gen!

@Necrod - No, Baro does just about everything him self, Im sure. Thats why I love him

Love it Baro! I love the Title Screen! I cant belive you put Denfrota, Bultoad, and Roellama for it! Cant wait till next Beta! Unless it will be completed next time XD. I wonder if this hack will take longer then Quartz, cause you only posted Quartz when it was complete. I love Baro's style of Hacking too, and to all those Fu**ing Idoits that.. Grr... I dont even want to get started. I think Baro's knows what I mean XD

20 years is sure along time Difference
After I finish Teh Marble Beta, I think I will celebrate by playing though Quartz for Youtube.

Anyway, Great Job and Good Luck Teh Baro<3

(Im not gay btw, Im just Teh Baro's #1 Fan ^.^)

Last edited by ~*SerenadeDS*~; September 4th, 2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

ok guys i got a problem, my covolts didn't evolve at lv10 and i found it at lv6 in the hollow woods. what happened?

Old September 4th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Pokemon Mafia? Death? Sounds like one of those great "dark" Pokemon games
Old September 5th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Dark Empoleon
Armored Emperor Penguin

I found a kinda weird "glitch", more like a mess up , in the moleman gallery a wild carvanha appeared.

My poor little scimp didn't stand a chance.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

hi just to warn you , in hollow woods there ARE missingno:

Old September 5th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Nice hack!

Things that are good:
New Pokemon look good.
New Graphics
Added events and scripting
Moletown or whatever it's called.
Great maps.
"Secrets" added in, the hentai kid's notebook was a really good idea.

Things that can be improved:
Try to mix things up a bit. It doesn't always have to be this order:
First Town where you get your starters
Route with no trainers
Town with closed GYM and mart where you get an item
Route
Forest
City with first GYM Leader and Museum
Route
Cave area

Try to make it so the player doesn't know where he/she is going next.

Another thing, try to mix the Pokemon up a bit. It's obvious which pokemon were replaced with what (Which isn't a problem), but it would be better if you went to the first route and found different "replaced" pokemon than in Route 1 Kanto. Also, try some new move sets, the mouse learning Metal claw doesn't make much sense. (Although I see the new Weedle has spark, which is good.)

Overall, this looks like its going to be a good hack, I give this a 4/5, keep it up.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old September 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Empoleon View Post
I found a kinda weird "glitch", more like a mess up , in the moleman gallery a wild carvanha appeared.

My poor little scimp didn't stand a chance.

I wonder why everyone always has a problem like that People said that about Quartz too. It could depend on the Rom Version. FireRed Rom came out in a V1.0 and V1.1 version. Same with the Quartz. People probley had a different version of Ruby then what Baro used for the Base...

Anyway.. I haven't found anything yet, not that Im that far But I will be sure to let you know
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Nature: Quiet
Pokeguy might have patched a non-clean rom, regarding his posts.

Coolboy man:
Yeah you are right. I was kinda lazy at the beggining, and I liked the first gym to be closed because
Spoiler:
the leader will be J.Akira
and I want him to be the last leader.
From Kellygreen town in advance, it's when things get mixed. the train will take you to somewhere unexpected
Spoiler:
(it won't reach the region of MEROE as said) and then the stuff gets complicated)
remember that this is just a beta, showing how is the game going to be, and the stuff I planned will show up later on.
Most pokemon have different movesets, and although I sticked to the original pokedex sometimes. Actually, although first route has bird/mouse, that "mouse" is actually a ground type armadillo. It would be equivalent to pidgey/sandshrew instead of pidgey/rattata, although armorito replaces pikachu and rattata was replaced with bubel (and both have new movesets BTW). I put armorito in first route because it's the most likely common pokemon I could find.
Another example: Ninjice replaces oddish, but it doesn't evolve, it's normal-type and it's moveset was repointed to smeargle's and edited so it has 4 sketchs... wait, something's wrong here, OH MY BAD that WON'T WORK well I'll fix it (I'll make it learn each 5 levels or something... nevermind, I said nothing.

Dark empoleon:
Where exactly in the mole galleries have you found it? I can't find it and AM shows the right pokemons... have you patched a clean rom?

Oh and BTW Scimp wouldn't stand achance against many pokemon... it's as weak as a magikarp (if I remember right, even weaker)

PS: BTW, Went, you that have skipped phantom with the gameshark... found anything else?

Last edited by Teh Baro; September 6th, 2007 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Post-signature, mother****er, do you speak it?
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:06 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

sorry its clean and you need to edit the pokemon icons in your inventory

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
sorry its clean and you need to edit the pokemon icons in your inventory
1- either you have another version of the rom or I doubt that it's clean. I found no missignos (and I played through hollow woods), carvanhas or that stuff and I looked. Also, covolts evolves at level 12. At level 10, gusvolts evolves into covolts

2- I already said (at least in the readme.txt) that the icons are in the TODO list, and I won't get into them until I make all the pokemon, at least the 151 first

Also, I've just fixed
· the rival bug (the script on teh right had an extra command [this happens for recycling existing scripts >_<] that replaced the event) BTW: command 0x63 0xAA 0xXXXX 0xYYYY where A is the person event number, and X and Y are the coordinates, is a command to replace a person event. (don't remember if A was 1 or 2 bytes)

·THE PHANTOM script. A wrong pointer in the last movement, so it pointed to a random sequence of bytes and crashed. Now it spins and dissappears as it was supposed to do in the beggining.

·The texts. put a dot instead of a comma in the shop and MADE the sign in the exit of the galleries (my bad, I forgot it. What you saw there was the script at 0x000000).

Waiting for more glitches support and setting background musics, and a fixed beta will be released soon.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

ok fine but what should i do with the phantom? it just freezes the game....

Old September 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
ok fine but what should i do with the phantom? it just freezes the game....
Read my previous post. (And if you wish, Went's post when he reported it)

I'm sorry about that, it is a bug that has been fixed... so in a few days (it can even be tonight, or tomorrow) I'll post the fixed version.
So the best thing you can do is save right before the battle and wait.

Code:
 (-_-)''' Apologies for any inconveniences
/_   _\

PS: Regarding carvanha and the missingno's hex index. I insist that it might be because of not clean roms that had pokemon from the third generation in these zones, so when patching, only the first byte of the pokemon data was replaced (patches just copy differences between roms) but the second (a 01) wasn't. Carvanha is 14a and geodude 4a so that makes sense. I wasted time looking for them in hollow woods and the galleries and haven't found them (and I even found RAKA, the rarest pokemon to find in hollow woods). thanks anyway

If anyone else finds it, please tell me please, though.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Oh, yes, I have just found this in the second battle with the rival:

You have a problem with the rival battles >.<
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Oh, yes, I have just found this in the second battle with the rival:

You have a problem with the rival battles >.<
Done and gone. Just a mistake choosing the sprite. Probably I didn't see it because I just couldn't play it three times, with each starter. Thanks again.
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:10 AM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Wow! Baro this is looking even better than Quartz, I hope you'll be able to finish it.
Good luck.

My X/Y Team:

Old September 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! Baro this is looking even better than Quartz, I hope you'll be able to finish it.
Good luck.
Regarding a quartz walkthrough with pics I saw in a certain forum, this is 1000 times better than quartz consideering I finish it and the stuff I have planned works and that kind of stuff. Thanks

also, something I haven't noticed before
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan
Pokemon Mafia? Death? Sounds like one of those great "dark" Pokemon games
SPOILER ALERT (you have been warned)
Spoiler:
Actually the pokemon mafie will be a yakuza that will help glass army and the death thing is because they all are pursuing the eternal life, stop ageing.

But yeah, this is more mystery themed: the phantom's identity, how is all the stuff that happens related, etc.
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Kyber-Groudon
After all, I'm only human.....

First off, let me say that I absolutely loved quartz. Interesting story, decent sprites (mostly, some I have to admit were a little iffy...) you get the picture.

Second, I can hardly wait for this to be finished. It's so awesome, but I'll be patient. I know how long these can take.

Keep up Teh Good work.

Scrapped that. Nobody really liked it anyway.
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Omg awesome job!Ive played all of your gMES AND
LOVE THEM BOTH!Nice job!The pokemon have good design,just not good
spriteing

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old September 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Well Baro, as I told you, I'm gonna hold till I start to see more stuff in the game and less problems as well (I want to get a good impression, and you'll have enough people helping you detecting bugs )

I'm not that amazed on the new pokes graphics, just because there's another hack with better new pokes, and well, you lose in that area. But, since I know how you like doing that all by yourself, I still think I must praise your work. Anyway, the idea of new pokes is not just about its graphics, it's more about new strategies, which basically, that's what a RPG is for

I just hope your sense of humor (which was one of the things that I really enjoyed from Quartz) is still present in this hack (watch out man, there are kids around... ;P)

Alright, wishing you good luck on the project. I'm sure you'll be able to finish it no matter what. Keep it up!

Old September 7th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

I have already fixed the stuff and put the music, but I'm afraid there's a big error that will delay the fixed version. Some events I made (doug, baro giving the running shoes, etc) disappear when they happen, but if you save the game (using the game saving system, not the emulator's savestates as I always use?) reappear when you load the game.

I'm figuring why does this happen, but my intuition says it's because of the flag numbers (maybe a set of flags are reseted when you load the game?). I hope it's that because that's the first thing I'm going to try... and if it works, the job will be done FAST.
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:01 AM
TheKingofKings
LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheKingofKings
I just played, its a very good game. Good job
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Most likely is the flag thing you mention. I remember having the same problem with the Rockets events at Goldenrod, and a quick change of flags solved the problem.

Well, hope you don't have to change many scripts.

Old September 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Most likely is the flag thing you mention. I remember having the same problem with the Rockets events at Goldenrod, and a quick change of flags solved the problem.

Well, hope you don't have to change many scripts.
Yep. Looks like in order to kill events, triggers need flags over 4000 and people less than 1000.
I already fixed one (out of 5), and fixing the others depends on how long I take to reach each event.

BTW, I just noticed armorito's back sprite is too high. If you see other backs with wrong height, plese report them. This happens because most pokemon were meant to replace others in the beggining.
Old September 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Sergio--
...call me Serg!o...

Well comrade, a lot of luck with this project and a lot of hacking-years-without-giving-ups for the author.

Ah!
The moleman caves was really amazing with those connections puzzles.
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Bumped.
Because BETA 1.1 is OUT
Here
Bugs fixed, etc. Keep reporting stuff if any.

First post was updated too.

You may need to reload the map (exit and enter) if you're in last mole galleries map (next to phantom)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here