The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~

Advertise here
It looks promising and YAY 100 posts
Old September 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV12345 View Post
It looks promising and YAY 100 posts
Double YAY for 100 posts!

Also: new videos
The egg train thing
Infinite stairs at wist castle!
Old September 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
Double YAY for 100 posts!

Also: new videos
The egg train thing
Infinite stairs at wist castle!
Teh Baro those videos are awesome expecially the Infinite Stairs!
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Mizuax
Beginning Trainer

On my game, why does mine only go to his house, i mean i can't get up the stairs and another hero is up in the sky

Old September 26th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuax View Post
On my game, why does mine only go to his house, i mean i can't get up the stairs and another hero is up in the sky
what? where? who? when? how?
Old September 26th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Will Bowser be the boss of that castle?

The endless stairs are just amazing (wonder how did you make them...) Well, I can only say that this is an awesome work!
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:09 AM
NekoRobin
&gt;______&gt;

Sorry, But I really can't see how you think the fakemons are good.
The starters are uber sucky and some pokemons (most) are pillow-shaded and very wierd..

Pokemon Diamond Name:Robin
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0301-7697-3185
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Sinnoh_Freak
Beginning Trainer

One of the best hacks I have seen! You and Serg!o and both great hackers. I loved Pokemon Quartz and would love to see how Pokemon Marble turns out.
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoRobin View Post
Sorry, But I really can't see how you think the fakemons are good.
The starters are uber sucky and some pokemons (most) are pillow-shaded and very wierd..
It's a matter of tastes, don't need to say it twice.
For example, I looked at the ones in battle fire (because I saw it in your sig) and everybody was OH WOW at them while I honestly didn't like them. ¯\(º_0)/¯
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Sinnoh_Freak
Beginning Trainer

I like the Battle Fire sprites better although I prefer the Marble/Quartz designs.
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
born2hack

Nice one. How do you people create so many pokemon. I am zero at drawing lol.
Anyways keep it going.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Look, some eye candy when you find a ghost lady.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Congrats on those three videos (specially the stairs thing, that looks weird and cool :D)

Are there any plans about how far would we reach in the next Beta? (I mean, in Badges number)

Old September 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Congrats on those three videos (specially the stairs thing, that looks weird and cool :D)

Are there any plans about how far would we reach in the next Beta? (I mean, in Badges number)
The two next badges will be very close in time, so at least 4 or 5. Maybe 6
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Four or five? Well, or the game is going to be very short, or you are going to add a lot of gyms...
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Four or five? Well, or the game is going to be very short, or you are going to add a lot of gyms...
Apart from the Garna league, there will be a kiel-gasu-meroe league with 4 more badges à la orange islands.
*Note: in my last posts, when I said 4 or five, I meant in total, so that's 2 or 3 more badges
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Jvg
Sir JvG for Friends

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jvg
Strange Stairs, and a ghost!! I am getting scared. Your doing a great job, Go ON.
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
lanroxas
Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3

WoW Great! A ghost, infinite stairs a train that stops the middle of nowhere, a Ex-Champ that can surf through big waves
Baro eres genial!
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Dark tyranitar
Chilean Hacker

Send a message via ICQ to Dark tyranitar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dark tyranitar
This very well, but I do not like the grass that seems repollo xD
Old September 28th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Binary
え?

WOW THIS HACK IS AWESOME!!
Cant wait for the next beta
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM
piplup_pryde245
Beginning Hacker

hey nice hack baro i just love you're hacks but couldn't understand sum of the spanish in quartz but other then that i liked it and keep up the good work on this hack.

peace out >_<
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Montana
la-dee-dah

When I noticed here that Thé Baro is creating another hack I just had to sign up!

I've only just got out of Hollow Woods, but here's what I think of the game up till now:
THE GOOD
- The graphics!!! Great combination of GBA, NDS and entirely new stuff if you ask me.
- The mapping/locations!!! Truly original and even daring with maps that are way more complex than the original games, which I love, 'cause I think it gives it a more "realistic look". (natural landscapes aren't always nicely devided in real life as well)
- The level of hardness!!! Finally, a game that's actually a challenge right from the beginning! You won't believe how many times I had to head back to the PokéCenter when I was in Hollow Woods. I actually had to restart the game a couple of times because I lost . Like I just barely won from the girl with all the starters, then all of a sudden that frikkin' rival wants to battle, I got p0wned so hard.
- The story!!! I've only read about it, but I think that's where your true originality shines thru. Up till now I liked the hidden place in the forest (where I got p0wned by the school kid the first time as well lol)
- The mature content!!! It always makes me lol when I read stuff in your games like "Damn you!" and "I hate you!". Oh, I rofl'd reading about the hentai drawing of the school teacher.
- Some of the pokémon types combo's!!! Gusvolts electric and bug?!? Armarito's got some electric moves as well?!? Awesome!!!

THE BAD
- Nothing so far!!! Just a little remark: in Hollow Woods you can find an Antidote but it's pretty useless since none of the pokémon you can find can poison. I'd suggest you change it with a Paralyz Heal, 'cause my pokémon got paralyzed an infinite amount of times (yes, sir, p0wned again! Y'all must really think I truly s*ck)

THE UGLY
- OK, I'm not a big fan of how the starter pokémon look as well, but I really like pokémon like Beethee and Lando (hope they have cool evo's). Lando is based on one of those bags filled with seeds which you have to water so they grow "hair" (grass), right?

PS:
In Tangerine City there's this cool music with these wicked hard drums, almost like some 80's hip hop. Did you make that song or did it already exist?

By the way, I was thinking about creating like an encyclopedia for Marble, like Bulbapedia with lots of info and pics/screenshots. Anybody interested in the idea?
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark tyranitar
This very well, but I do not like the grass that seems repollo xD
hahahaha
hahaha
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
When I noticed here that Thé Baro is creating another hack I just had to sign up!

I've only just got out of Hollow Woods, but here's what I think of the game up till now:
THE GOOD
- The graphics!!! Great combination of GBA, NDS and entirely new stuff if you ask me.
- The mapping/locations!!! Truly original and even daring with maps that are way more complex than the original games, which I love, 'cause I think it gives it a more "realistic look". (natural landscapes aren't always nicely devided in real life as well)
- The level of hardness!!! Finally, a game that's actually a challenge right from the beginning! You won't believe how many times I had to head back to the PokéCenter when I was in Hollow Woods. I actually had to restart the game a couple of times because I lost . Like I just barely won from the girl with all the starters, then all of a sudden that frikkin' rival wants to battle, I got p0wned so hard.
- The story!!! I've only read about it, but I think that's where your true originality shines thru. Up till now I liked the hidden place in the forest (where I got p0wned by the school kid the first time as well lol)
- The mature content!!! It always makes me lol when I read stuff in your games like "Damn you!" and "I hate you!". Oh, I rofl'd reading about the hentai drawing of the school teacher.
- Some of the pokémon types combo's!!! Gusvolts electric and bug?!? Armarito's got some electric moves as well?!? Awesome!!!

THE BAD
- Nothing so far!!! Just a little remark: in Hollow Woods you can find an Antidote but it's pretty useless since none of the pokémon you can find can poison. I'd suggest you change it with a Paralyz Heal, 'cause my pokémon got paralyzed an infinite amount of times (yes, sir, p0wned again! Y'all must really think I truly s*ck)

THE UGLY
- OK, I'm not a big fan of how the starter pokémon look as well, but I really like pokémon like Beethee and Lando (hope they have cool evo's). Lando is based on one of those bags filled with seeds which you have to water so they grow "hair" (grass), right?

PS:
In Tangerine City there's this cool music with these wicked hard drums, almost like some 80's hip hop. Did you make that song or did it already exist?

By the way, I was thinking about creating like an encyclopedia for Marble, like Bulbapedia with lots of info and pics/screenshots. Anybody interested in the idea?
Thanks man.

Good idea changing the antidotes for paraliz heal. Didn't realize weedles are now gusvolts.

Hm? Armorito has electric moves? It wasn't supposed to (it's ground-type). thanks for reporting.

Lando is actually (like its name suggests) based in a piece of land with lawn on it. It evolves into Lawndawn, whose name is took from lawn with a homage to Martin Landau. (there's an explanation for homaging Landau, but to understand it you'd have to be Spaniard AND old enough to remember a show named El Informal). Beethe evolves in a monk-looking beetle.

Last edited by Teh Baro; September 29th, 2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Montana
la-dee-dah

Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post

Hm? Armorito has electric moves? It wasn't supposed to (it's ground-type). thanks for reporting.

Lando is actually (like its name suggests) based in a piece of land with lawn on it. It evolves into Lawndawn, whose name is took from lawn with a homage to Martin Landau. (there's an explanation for homaging Landau, but to understand it you'd have to be Spaniard AND old enough to remember a show named El Informal). Beethe evolves in a monk-looking beetle.
About Armorite: I thought that because his Dex entry reads:
It has small electric sacs on both his cheeks. If threatened it looses ele-

Oh, wait, I just realized that's still the entry for Pikachu. *slaps himself around*

About Lawndawn: I don't know the show, but I do know the actor from his memorable performance as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood, one of my all-time fav movies.
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Scorp Con
Beginning Trainer

Your Fakemons looks interesting,but it still need a lot of work...And your hack looks interesting,too
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here