The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2626    
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:10 PM
partyghoul2000's Avatar
partyghoul2000
Intermediate Game Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheomega View Post
100 items?! Well, u can do it easily if the number of the items form a sequence by doing
Code:
i=rand(100)
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(i+number1)
where number1 is the number of the first item of the sequence.

But if u want to put items with other numbers, u should add a script like

Code:
def Kernel.pbRandomItem
i=rand(100)
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(3) if i==0
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(15) if i==1
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(288) if i==2
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(341) if i==3
...
end
in PokemonField and then, u could add the script

Code:
Kernel.pbRandomItem
in your event.
you are truly awesome. you always seem to have the answer. :D thanks.
__________________

Check out my Super Gothic Bros hack here.
My ripped pokemon music in MP3 format can be found here.
My custom battle animations and whatnot can be found here.
Credit is expected, if used.
  #2627    
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Curt200718's Avatar
Curt200718
Intermediate Game Developer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FLA
Gender:
To begin with I have read through the Notes.html and cant seem to solve my problem.....
I have two questions.

First : How do I associate the point on the "Town Map" with what area im in..?

Second : How do I switch between Region Maps ?

Thanks to anyone with a little help......:>

Later Guyz
  #2628    
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:38 PM
crzyone9584
Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Age: 26
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
i had the same questions. open townmap.txt and look at how it set up. it has two different regions and they change automatically. now to asscoiate the townmap and place your at go to the visual editor and i think its in the metadata of the map you want to asscoiate yourself with.

now a question some one i forget who its liek 5 or so pages back told me to use this for random weather.
Quote:
i=rand(4)
$game_screen.weather(i,9.0,20)
but it does all the weather all at the same time. now is there a way to randomaly generate the weather you want. and have it carry over to the next map ass well?
__________________
Killing to Live, Living to Kill.

Pokemon: The Beginning

Click link above. It's the home of My Game!
  #2629    
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
crzyone9584
Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Age: 26
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashje View Post
Hey can you tell me how to get the proper attack effects on it, not just a star thing? Thanks!
if you mean the attack animaitons then use the animation editor.
__________________
Killing to Live, Living to Kill.

Pokemon: The Beginning

Click link above. It's the home of My Game!
  #2630    
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Ashje's Avatar
Ashje
+1 Dead Puppies
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
So it'll just make it automatically?
  #2631    
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:58 PM
sonic smash down's Avatar
sonic smash down
strive for the best
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
he was thinking of the editor in the database those are only for the pics it shows when you use the attack. but i cant help you wit that cause i havent added any new attacks yet myself
__________________
Gary was here,
Ash is a loser!
  #2632    
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ashje's Avatar
Ashje
+1 Dead Puppies
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
Oh. Ok... Thanks anyway. Does anyone know a script to turn the character away (90 degree angle Left Turn) if they don't have any pokemon?

EDIT:
Found a way

Last edited by Ashje; July 17th, 2008 at 01:36 AM.
  #2633    
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:15 AM
imtheomega's Avatar
imtheomega
Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgium
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to imtheomega
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyone9584 View Post
now a question some one i forget who its liek 5 or so pages back told me to use this for random weather.


but it does all the weather all at the same time. now is there a way to randomaly generate the weather you want. and have it carry over to the next map ass well?
I was the one who gave u the answer with the random weather. What I gave u is a random weather generator with all the weathers...
If u want to choose randomly among a small part of the weathers, what u need to do is something like :

Code:
i=rand(5)
if (i==0||i==3)
$game_screen.weather(i,0,20)
else
$game_screen.weather(i,9.0,20)
end
In this example, there is all the weathers except snow (number 3). So, when the random number is 0 or 3, there is no special weather, and when it's different, there is rain, storm or sandstorm (i had forgotten we needed a rand(5) to have i=4 sometimes and have the sandstorm).
If u dont want normal weather, u can do something like

Code:
i=rand(3)
$game_screen.weather(1,9.0,20) if i==0 #for rain
$game_screen.weather(2,9.0,20) if i==1 #for storm
$game_screen.weather(4,9.0,20) if i==2 #forsandstorm
(Pay attention with the comments, each line must remain on a single line in the script in the event, that's why I have not put a space between for and sandstorm because if I do, the word sandstorm will go on the line below and the game will give an error, saying that sandstorm is an unknown variable.)
__________________
Creator of the french game Pokemon True Story

Website : here
Some tips to customize Pokemon Essentials : here
  #2634    
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Ashje's Avatar
Ashje
+1 Dead Puppies
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
Conditional Branches only working once?
------------------------------------------------
Whenever I put a conditional branch in, it only works once... Is this normal? Can someone please help me to get it to work all the time? Thanks...
  #2635    
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:48 AM
yaoimutt
Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to yaoimutt Send a message via Yahoo to yaoimutt
does anyone know how to automatically raise a pokemons lvl? ( want to make an event where pikachu's lvl goes up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashje View Post
Conditional Branches only working once?
------------------------------------------------
Whenever I put a conditional branch in, it only works once... Is this normal? Can someone please help me to get it to work all the time? Thanks...
that depends, if you have a self switch activated in the event, or an erase event in it, then yes, it only happens once, but if not, then no, you should be able to repeat the event.
__________________

Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Geat thread here

Last edited by yaoimutt; July 17th, 2008 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2636    
Old July 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
I don't know whether this question has been asked before but how can I make the move effects of those newly implemented D/P moves working? Now I have to change some value like "10A", "10B" to "0" or "1" or the game will crash(appears to be an undefined method error). Please tell me how to make this work and I'll appreciate it very much.
I don't know whether I'm requesting too much but I wish to have my question answered.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #2637    
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:13 AM
yaoimutt
Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to yaoimutt Send a message via Yahoo to yaoimutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
I don't know whether I'm requesting too much but I wish to have my question answered.
what do you mean you have to change the valuse, and what effects are you talking about?
__________________

Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Geat thread here
  #2638    
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Famer's Avatar
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the World of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoimutt View Post
what do you mean you have to change the valuse, and what effects are you talking about?
Okay. You may take a look at this in the new Moves.txt file:

Code:
 461,LUNARDANCE,Lunar Dance,10E,0,PSYCHIC,Status,0,10,0,10,0,,Cool,"The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will have its status and HP fully restored."
Notice the value "10E" I underlined. This is the value that determines the moves effect like increase the atk by 1 and reduce the def by 1(in this case, the effect is to sacrifice the current pokemon and restore the hp for another Pokemon).

Unfortunately, the current starterkit doesn't support this specific move effect and the value "10E" is therefore undefined (as you will get an undefined method error when using this move). I have to change the value into something like 0 and 1 to make it able to use in starterkit. I don't know whether it's possible to fix this error but I wish I can implement some new move effects appeared in D/P in starterkit.
__________________
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


  #2639    
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
yaoimutt
Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to yaoimutt Send a message via Yahoo to yaoimutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
Okay. You may take a look at this in the new Moves.txt file:

Code:
 461,LUNARDANCE,Lunar Dance,10E,0,PSYCHIC,Status,0,10,0,10,0,,Cool,"The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will have its status and HP fully restored."
Notice the value "10E" I underlined. This is the value that determines the moves effect like increase the atk by 1 and reduce the def by 1(in this case, the effect is to sacrifice the current pokemon and restore the hp for another Pokemon).

Unfortunately, the current starterkit doesn't support this specific move effect and the value "10E" is therefore undefined (as you will get an undefined method error when using this move). I have to change the value into something like 0 and 1 to make it able to use in starterkit. I don't know whether it's possible to fix this error but I wish I can implement some new move effects appeared in D/P in starterkit.
oh, ok, well, it seems more like a glitch that poccil forgot to fix, mostlikly it will be fixed in the next release.
__________________

Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Geat thread here
  #2640    
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Curt200718's Avatar
Curt200718
Intermediate Game Developer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FLA
Gender:
Thanks crzyone9584 ! :> I also wanted to say that this thread has grown alot.....!!! Its great !


Later Guyz
  #2641    
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:40 AM
BallisticBlastoise
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to BallisticBlastoise
All of the maps I made are not showing in the editor when I go to the set encounters option. I then decided to list encounters for one of my maps in encounters.txt file and when I playtested it, no pokemon showed up. Can anyone help me out?
__________________
Pokemon Weather is now being made with RPGmakerXP. We're making a lot of progress but we could still use your help to push our project even further!

Check us out at POKEMON WEATHER

--------
Projects I support:

Pokemon NeoEras


Pokemon Protectors


Pokemon Cerulean Sky
  #2642    
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:53 AM
partyghoul2000's Avatar
partyghoul2000
Intermediate Game Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
As requested by many, battle animations within the starter kit are little to none. i have finally arranged all the battle animations into usable rmxp sheets. (i didn't use animmaker.exe, sorry poccil. i couldnt' understand how to use it) as someone else requested, i also ripped all the doors from leaf green and arranged them rmxp style. the link to all this is right here. the battle animations that i currently have finished will be uploaded slowly, but surely. any help finishing these animations will be greatly appearated. if used, credit is expected.

*EDIT*
i almost forgot that the battle animations (.anm files) will require the battle animation sheets that i provided.
__________________

Check out my Super Gothic Bros hack here.
My ripped pokemon music in MP3 format can be found here.
My custom battle animations and whatnot can be found here.
Credit is expected, if used.

Last edited by partyghoul2000; July 17th, 2008 at 12:48 PM.
  #2643    
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
yaoimutt: It's not a glitch. As far as I know, poccil has no intention to add the D/P moves. It is, after all a starter kit. I may decide to make a tutorial explaining the basics of adding new moves, so anyone who wants to make D/P moves will have the ability to do so.

Poccil, if you do plan on adding to D/P moves, please PM me first.
__________________
  #2644    
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
crzyone9584
Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Age: 26
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyghoul2000 View Post
As requested by many, battle animations within the starter kit are little to none. i have finally arranged all the battle animations into usable rmxp sheets. (i didn't use animmaker.exe, sorry poccil. i couldnt' understand how to use it) as someone else requested, i also ripped all the doors from leaf green and arranged them rmxp style. the link to all this is right here. the battle animations that i currently have finished will be uploaded slowly, but surely. any help finishing these animations will be greatly appearated. if used, credit is expected.

*EDIT*
i almost forgot that the battle animations (.anm files) will require the battle animation sheets that i provided.
partyghoul2000 - your awesome. thanks for the great work

now for my question. if i where to export the tilesheet from an older version of the starter kit that i have went through and set the passibality settings and imported them (after deleting the tilesin new one) into the recent one would i still have to reset the passbilty settings.
__________________
Killing to Live, Living to Kill.

Pokemon: The Beginning

Click link above. It's the home of My Game!
  #2645    
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Ash Kéti's Avatar
Ash Kéti
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
Hello guys, this is my first post here. This forum is very cool, like the Starter Kit.
I have a question, i dont know if it was questioneted already.
When i created my fourth map and, in the game, tryed to enter in it, a message appears: "Doesn't found the fith map" (something like this), it is strange, becaus its my fourth map, so i go do the data fouder, duplicated the fourth map and named as the fith map, then i entered the game, and when i enter in the map, it was raining and appears the name of the map, know, i want to know, how i disable this things that appears. And i want to know more two things, how to appear the name of the map in the top of the screen when i enter the map, and how to connect two maps.

Sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian.
  #2646    
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ashje's Avatar
Ashje
+1 Dead Puppies
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoimutt View Post
does anyone know how to automatically raise a pokemons lvl? ( want to make an event where pikachu's lvl goes up.)



that depends, if you have a self switch activated in the event, or an erase event in it, then yes, it only happens once, but if not, then no, you should be able to repeat the event.
This is what it looks like:

I'm not a scripter guy so I have no idea...
  #2647    
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
crzyone9584
Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Age: 26
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Kéti View Post
Hello guys, this is my first post here. This forum is very cool, like the Starter Kit.
I have a question, i dont know if it was questioneted already.
When i created my fourth map and, in the game, tryed to enter in it, a message appears: "Doesn't found the fith map" (something like this), it is strange, becaus its my fourth map, so i go do the data fouder, duplicated the fourth map and named as the fith map, then i entered the game, and when i enter in the map, it was raining and appears the name of the map, know, i want to know, how i disable this things that appears. And i want to know more two things, how to appear the name of the map in the top of the screen when i enter the map, and how to connect two maps.

Sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian.
Before anyone bashes you for not reading the notes.html because your last two answers are in notes.html

and for your first question are you using the lastes pokemon starter kit (released july10th) also did you delete any maps from the starter kit?
__________________
Killing to Live, Living to Kill.

Pokemon: The Beginning

Click link above. It's the home of My Game!
  #2648    
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Ash Kéti's Avatar
Ash Kéti
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyone9584 View Post
Before anyone bashes you for not reading the notes.html because your last two answers are in notes.html

and for your first question are you using the lastes pokemon starter kit (released july10th) also did you delete any maps from the starter kit?
Sorry about that and yes, i am using the latest starter kit. I will try a thing here, after i come back here, if i have any more questions.
Thanks!

Sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian.
  #2649    
Old July 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM
JollyRoger25's Avatar
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio, U.S.
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Hey, I tride to use the Map generater Program, but I was unable to select points on my map, why??
__________________
Ultimate Monotype Challenge:
K-8/8 J-8/8 H-8/8 S-1/8 U-0/8 K-0/8
  #2650    
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Ashje's Avatar
Ashje
+1 Dead Puppies
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
I added gary's house but when you try to go to his bedroom it gets this error:
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Data/Map005.rxdata not found.
Game_Map*:50:in `load_data'
Game_Map*:50:in `setup'
PokemonMap:714:in `getMap'
PokemonMap:847:in `setMapsInRange'
PokemonMap:841:in `each'
PokemonMap:841:in `setMapsInRange'
Resolution*:13 :in `display_x='
Game_Map*:67:in `setup'
PokemonMap:662:in `setup'
Scene_Map:216:in `transfer_player'
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Data/Map005.rxdata not found.
Game_Map*:50:in `load_data'
Game_Map*:50:in `setup'
PokemonMap:714:in `getMap'
PokemonMap:847:in `setMapsInRange'
PokemonMap:841:in `each'
PokemonMap:841:in `setMapsInRange'
Resolution*:13 :in `display_x='
Game_Map*:67:in `setup'
PokemonMap:662:in `setup'
Scene_Map:216:in `transfer_player'


Oh and can anyone help fix my other problem please? Thanks everyone...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.