Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Hey guys,
I am wondering how can you change the background of the bag depending on the sex of the player. You know like in the regular games.
Pokemon Serenity is my fangame name.
name decided 12/15/09
Currently helping:
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old May 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
Why can't Pokemon Essentials use Background sounds? O__O This is more of a suggestion than a question, but it would really make the experience of Pokemon the best it can be. I've heard that Poccil excluded it to make the kit the closest thing possible to the Pokemon Game Engine, but doing that was more of a drawback! I want to re-implement this feature in myself, so would there be any way to do that?
Old May 26th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Colbex
Cobalt Black Creator

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Colbex
@Maruno: Thanks a lot man.

@Soul.//Silver: I'm not sure, I'll take a look and see if I can find anything later and either edit this post or make a new one.

@Gregora: Wichu made a simple bank system for essentials ages ago. It should be in this thread... I think it was somewhere on...page 54? Although, it was only for savings, you'll have to edit it some more if you want your mom to actually spend the money and buy stuff.

@Blitz: You're just gonna have to delete the Audio.dll in the folder and it'll revert back to normal. Just realize that background sounds carry over from map to map, so if you don't want the sound of crackling fire in the middle of a lake, set it to have the map play a different bg sound, or set it to automatically play and then select (none). Or, you can select a sound and set it to 0 volume too.
My game thread has been closed, but since I have so much of it to re-do, it's a good thing. Rest assured, Cobalt Black (formerly burn) will be back, eventually.

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Meegz0
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Hm, I've got another problem/possibly a bug. But I can't "attach" my maps together anymore o.O
I got to test play, press F9->Visual Editor-> F5..and when I type a command it dosen't respond. It only responds to X, and C.
How do I fix this problem? D:
Horay for fake pokemon!
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Magic

I can make a Dependent event and stop it following you, but is there anyway to then use it as an event on the new map? E.G.

Dependent -> go to new map, talk to event -> Dependent character walks off.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

manully changing pokemon forms? i use pokemon.form = 3
but it gives me an error message, how do i fix this (i was changing rotom's form or was trying.)
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Gregora

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Gregora Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gregora Send a message via Yahoo to Gregora
Edit: I found the problem and fixed it. It was a very noob-ish problem. -_-

Click here to see my current RMXP project!

Last edited by Gregora; May 28th, 2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Hi i have problem, when i battle with pokemon and i win then my pokemon dont get the exp points how can i fix it?
I using version from 7 may 2010

EDIT:
Never mind i fixed that.
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit because of broken images.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by venom12; May 29th, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Vicente14
Beginning Trainer

how can i change the names of the pokemon? if i change them in pbs/pokemn.txt nothing happens
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente14 View Post
how can i change the names of the pokemon? if i change them in pbs/pokemn.txt nothing happens
I assume you mean you want to change the species names, not individual Pokémon names (e.g. having your starter Pokémon and only it be called Wally).

After editing pokemon.txt, did you recompile the game before running it? You compile it by doing a playtest while in RPG Maker XP (where you draw the maps) - it's the big green "play" button at the top on the right.

The way the PBS files work is that they're a temporary set of files that can be easily edited. When you compile the game, the information therein is copied to some other files in a more complicated format (in the Data folder, anything with ".dat" at the end). The game only uses those .dat files while it's playing, not the PBS files. You can edit the PBS files all you want, but if you don't recompile the data (i.e. make new .dat files from them), they'll make no difference to the game.
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Hey, all.
Can someone tell me how to delete a save file? Because I find it sad that I've never known how before. I mean, really.
Please do tell. Manually, or not.
Thanks.
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

Old May 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Colbex
Cobalt Black Creator

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Colbex
To delete save data you have 3 options.
The first option is to just save over it. But.. that's probably not want you want.
The second is to, while on the title screen, press CTRL + X + Down Key.
The third is to open the game folder and find the file that says Game. You should have, like 4 of these. Delete the one with the blue dragon icon.
My game thread has been closed, but since I have so much of it to re-do, it's a good thing. Rest assured, Cobalt Black (formerly burn) will be back, eventually.

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:41 PM
pokehackster

at the risk of sounding really dumb is there anyway to empliment an underground script into the starter kit or is that yet to be thought of if the latter is true im going to see if there is anyway to make it ^.^
Pokémon Dual Shades

My deviantART

Sometimes you just have to ask your self "would I rather be crazy or stupid?"
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:13 AM
NeoXodus
Beginning Trainer

Hey,
how can I delete the pokemonparty and all pokemon (in boxes)from the player?
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:45 AM
brian1666
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
Not exactly hard took me about 5 minutes to do this in the new starter kit.

Save the graphics I have attatched.
Go to the script PokemonUtilities
Go to line 1444 and this should be on that line:
Code:
   return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg"))
Create a new line and paste in this code:
Code:
 elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA) && ($game_map.map_id==36) #pokemon.item==PBItems::GRISEOUSORB || 
   return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_alt",species,
      pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
      back ? "b" : "")
   )
And there you go.
And the icons? And there's one thing, i wanted only when the Griseous Orb is holded, but i already fixed that myself. Now i don't know how to change the icons! If you don't know, does someone else know it?
Games i support:
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1666 View Post
And the icons? And there's one thing, i wanted only when the Griseous Orb is holded, but i already fixed that myself. Now i don't know how to change the icons! If you don't know, does someone else know it?
Do the same kind of thing, but in the def immediately below the one you edited, handily called pbLoadPokemonIcon. It doesn't kill you to have a bit of a look on your own before clamouring for help, you know.

The only thing I'll say here is that you won't use the exact same chunk of code. Figure out how to adapt it by yourself.
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM
brian1666
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Do the same kind of thing, but in the def immediately below the one you edited, handily called pbLoadPokemonIcon. It doesn't kill you to have a bit of a look on your own before clamouring for help, you know.

The only thing I'll say here is that you won't use the exact same chunk of code. Figure out how to adapt it by yourself.
I did, but then i don't get a Syntax Error or something, it just doesn't change.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbex View Post
To delete save data you have 3 options.
The first option is to just save over it. But.. that's probably not want you want.
The second is to, while on the title screen, press CTRL + X + Down Key.
The third is to open the game folder and find the file that says Game. You should have, like 4 of these. Delete the one with the blue dragon icon.
THANK YOU! For a second I thought there was absolutely no way XD
Another problem, guys..

After I tried cng's Dual Screen Script, Pokémon Opal went berserk.. It won't create a new game. It's very, very frustrating..
After a long time of waiting for a response from the application of the game yesterday, it gave me this error:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonEditor:32:in `get'
PokemonEditor:71:in `pbGetSpeciesConst'
PokemonEditor:507:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:505:in `each'
PokemonEditor:505:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:489:in `each'
PokemonEditor:489:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:486:in `open'
PokemonEditor:486:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonTrainers:67:in `pbConvertTrainerData'
And I don't understand it at all. Please help..

...wtf? I post something and everyone magically disappears, on two different threads?
problem fixed. geez.
Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

Last edited by Nyu~♥!; May 31st, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I can make a Dependent event and stop it following you, but is there anyway to then use it as an event on the new map? E.G.

Dependent -> go to new map, talk to event -> Dependent character walks off.
I would actually like to no the answer to the above question, i wanted my dependent event, able to be spoken to, it doesn't seem to wanna use the common event and there is no way to control the dependent event on a different map. The notes.html doesn't tell much about dependent events, maybe a little more info about these events would be quite apprechiated.
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
I would actually like to no the answer to the above question, i wanted my dependent event, able to be spoken to, it doesn't seem to wanna use the common event and there is no way to control the dependent event on a different map. The notes.html doesn't tell much about dependent events, maybe a little more info about these events would be quite apprechiated.

I actually have the solution, you need to edit the common event so when a certain switch occurs it auto-runs whatever needs to be done.
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Maruno

Quote:
I've put a bit of information about dependent events in the wiki page Partner trainer, although it's just a little bit of information (nearly all copied from the notes). It might help, though.

I don't know much about dependent events, but when you make the dependent event stop following you (at a particular place, or by talking at the follower and telling it to stop following in its common event), you can manipulate a new event (stored in a corner of the map out of the way) appear in its place at the same time. Do this by having the follower's common event move the new sprite from its safe position to in front of the player and facing them (by setting its move route). Have one new event per map.

That's just off the top of my head. It's probably more difficult that I've made it sound.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:05 AM
ultron90
Beginning Trainer

which part of the script in pokemon actualscene should i edit to delete the enemy trainer appearing after winning/losing a battle? i want to make it so that the trainer stays in the battle scene.

Pokémon Flint Forums!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

how would I go about giving an NPC a shiny pokemon? and how do I get an event to tell me, the players trainer id? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Nickalooose; June 2nd, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Maruno

Quote:
how would I go about giving an NPC a shiny pokemon? and how do I get an event to tell me, the players trainer id? Thanks in advance.
For shiny pokémon, see the wiki page Trainers (look at the bottom of the second table on that page, and also the example just below it).

$Trainer.id is the trainer's ID number. Presuming you're putting it in a text message in an event (rather than in a pbMessage type thing in the scripts), first write the ID number to a variable with $game_variables[42]=$Trainer.id, then put "\v[42]" in the text message. Pick a variable to use for yourself - it should be an otherwise unused one, for minimum confusion.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

thanks Maruno :D, i was trying $trainer.id, forgot it had to be a capital 'T'... i'm trying to create a menu type thing, and im wandering if you'd b able to help me, i'm not makin a new Pokedex or nothing special, just a couple of choices that teleport you elsewhere... if you are willing to help, i would show and explain more to you.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here