The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Nimpe
Beginning Trainer

When i put in my own sprites, the background isnt transparent... It's a big white box, how do i make it transparent?
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:28 AM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimpe View Post
When i put in my own sprites, the background isnt transparent... It's a big white box, how do i make it transparent?
You can't just insert a sprite by itself and hope the background is transparent. You need to actually import the sprite into RPG Maker using the resource manager then setting the background to colour to transparent. Other option is to make the background transparent in a paint programe that has the capabilities.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM
wolftamer9
Beginning Trainer

the worst type of noob question is a complicated one...

I want to make a move that poisons the enemy then makes the user absorb the amount lost by the poison. is that possible? and if so, how?
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Hi i was wondering how can i make an animated title screen like blue chrome's for example?

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Okay, I've been trying to get help from Crazyninjaguy about Scene_Movie working as a Title Screen and I've come across a snag, and was hoping people here could help me out. The script I used is in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
###########################################################
class Scene_Movie
#Created by SoundSpawn
#Fixed by Popper
#Instruction
# 1) Movies must in in a new folder called Movies in your directory
# 2)If you call this script from and event (EG: Call Script: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") )
# 3) Have fun playin movies with this script!!!
def initialize(movie)
@movie_name = RTP.getPath("Movies\\"+movie+".avi").gsub(/\//,"\\")
end

def main
@temp = Win32API.pbFindRgssWindow.to_s
movie = Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','V')
x=movie.call("open \""+@movie_name+"\" alias FILE style 1073741824 parent " + @temp.to_s,0,0,0)
@message = Win32API.new('user32','SendMessage','%w(l,l,l,l)','V')
@detector = Win32API.new('user32','GetSystemMetrics','%w(l)','L')
@width = @detector.call(0)
if @width == 640
#fullscreen
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
#fullscreen
end
status = " " * 255
x=movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)
loop do
sleep(0.1)
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,0,0)
Graphics.update
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,1,0)
Input.update
movie.call("status FILE mode",status,255,0)
true_status = status.unpack("aaaa")
if true_status.to_s != "play"
break
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
$scene = Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2')
break
end
end
end

end

Now for the issue. The video works just great. The problem is that the video is 320x240 resolution and my game is played at 640x480. This issue with this is that the video only plays on the top left corner of the screen, only using 1/4 of the total screen size. The problem is, I want the video to play in the middle of the screen, not the top left corner.

Another issue I have, is that when you try to press a button to get to the actual game, the video doesn't stop playing... Is there a command I can put in the script to stop the movie from playing in addition to forcing it to play in the middle of the screen? I really need this info as soon as someone is able. I plan on releasing a new demo of my game in a few days, and I can't if I can't get this error fixed. Can someone please help me?

Also, I added code into Main after line 17.

Quote:
if $PokemonTemp.begunNewGame == false
$game_system=Game_System.new
$game_switches = Game_Switches.new
$game_variables = Game_Variables.new
$game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
$game_screen = Game_Screen.new
$game_player = Game_Player.new
$ItemData=readItemList("Data/items.dat")
$PokemonMap=PokemonMapMetadata.new
$PokemonGlobal=PokemonGlobalMetadata.new
$PokemonStorage=PokemonStorage.new
$PokemonEncounters=PokemonEncounters.new
$data_system = pbLoadRxData("Data/System")
$MapFactory=PokemonMapFactory.new($data_system.start_map_id) # calls setMapChanged
end
Any ideas?

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

Last edited by thepsynergist; June 15th, 2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Forgot crucial code.
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Ziebart23
Beginning Trainer

Is there a way to make that the pokémon that you're battling can't be caught by any means necessary?
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

For anyone I don't respond to, assume I don't know the answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftamer9 View Post
the worst type of noob question is a complicated one...

I want to make a move that poisons the enemy then makes the user absorb the amount lost by the poison. is that possible? and if so, how?
Sounds like Leech Seed to me, only with the "poisoned" part rather than an unmentioned depleting factor. You haven't explained fully how you want it to work (will the life gain only affect the user, or will it affect any Pokémon in its position? Should it be properly treated as the Poisoned status, or can it just mimic it? Note that here, the "user" is the Pokémon that used the move that poisoned/leeches off the "foe"). If you just want a Leech Seed effect, then just use that (and then give that Pokémon the Poisoned status at the end of the battle if it was still being affected by the Poison Leech).

I'll go into this just a little more. Here I assume you want a move that properly poisons the foe, and then any Pokémon in the user's position will leech HP from it. It's a bit fiddly, really. For starters, everything relating to the Leech Seed effect should be copied and renamed, and the effect should poison the foe in addition to activating the Poison Leech effect of the foe. The main difference here is when the HP is restored - at the end of the battle, find where the HP lost due to poison is calculated, and put in an "if" statement somewhere there depending on whether the Poison Leech effect is in play, and if so, give the user that same amount of HP - just mimic the Leech Seed clause in this same part of the scripts, with a few differences. Make sure not to have the foe lose HP again from Poison Leech (as it does from Leech Seed) - instead, use the amount of HP lost to poison, putting it into a temporary variable if necessary.

So in summary, yes, it is possible. And no, I won't go into more detail. I've said all the theory behind it, and all that's left is copy-pasting code. If you don't know how to do that, you shouldn't try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziebart23 View Post
Is there a way to make that the pokémon that you're battling can't be caught by any means necessary?
In PokeBattle_Battle, there's the def pbThrowPokeBall. You can make one of a few small edits to this, depending on how you want it to work. For all of them, you'll be needing a game switch, which will be ON if no Balls can work, and OFF normally.

If you want the thrown Ball to miss (i.e. the Pokémon is never even drawn into it), then find the small section in which the Ball is deflected if the target is owned by a trainer (and there's no shadow stuff going on). Copy this as an "elsif" clause, change it to require the game switch being ON, and change the message shown to, say, "The Poké Ball missed the target!".

If, however, you just want the Pokémon to always break free (even if it's a Master Ball), then look a little lower down where the Master Ball is mentioned (it sets "shakes" to 4). Just below that, add in an "elsif" clause which requires the game switch being ON, and have it set "shakes" to 0.

That's just a brief outline. Make sure you figure out what's going on. You may want to do something more elaborate depending on whatever circumstances you have (e.g. displaying a special effect of the thrown Ball hitting a magical barrier, or exploding or something) - if so, you'll have to make that yourself.
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Gregora

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Gregora Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gregora Send a message via Yahoo to Gregora
Okay, I hate asking this because it probably has already been covered, but I just set the outdoor maps and now, everything's dark and it's only noon. XD How do I fix this?

Click here to see my current RMXP project!
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Valora17
Something Memorable?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to Valora17
Is there anywhere I can get a PBS file that already has all the moves in it? I noticed that the one in the version I have doesn't have them all, and therefore the pokemon who should have those moves don't have them either. Or would I have to do this manually?
Blow the candles out,

Looks like a solo tonight,

I'm beginning to see the light.

Blow the candles out,

Everything's gonna be alright.
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
Bah. I get the feeling this has been asked already, but theres so many pages to look through, and the Search didn't help me much.

But, I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to implement new types into the maker? Ex: Bird (Obviously for a specific reason)
2. Is it possible to implement new Pokemon into the maker? Ex: MissingNo (Why else would I want Bird type)
3. In one of the pbs files I saw something about Shadow Moves. Is it possible to integrate that with normal Pokemon moves? If so, how?

I'd really, truly love appreciate it if you could answer. So, thank you in advance.

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold

Last edited by XD003; June 15th, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregora View Post
Okay, I hate asking this because it probably has already been covered, but I just set the outdoor maps and now, everything's dark and it's only noon. XD How do I fix this?
It seems to be some kind of bug. It happens to me too - the outdoor shade can change completely between two play tests done five minutes apart. I'd like to know how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valora17 View Post
Is there anywhere I can get a PBS file that already has all the moves in it? I noticed that the one in the version I have doesn't have them all, and therefore the pokemon who should have those moves don't have them either. Or would I have to do this manually?
As the 4th Gen move effects haven't been included in Essentials, there was no reason to include their entries in moves.txt (and in the Pokémon movesets). Unless someone else is willing to share their copies, you'll have to do it yourself. No one said making a game was quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
Bah. I get the feeling this has been asked already, but theres so many pages to look through, and the Search didn't help me much.

But, I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to implement new types into the maker? Ex: Bird (Obviously for a specific reason)
2. Is it possible to implement new Pokemon into the maker? Ex: MissingNo (Why else would I want Bird type)
3. In one of the pbs files I saw something about Shadow Moves. Is it possible to integrate that with normal Pokemon moves? If so, how?

I'd really, truly love appreciate it if you could answer. So, thank you in advance.
1. Yes. See the wiki.
2. Yes. See the wiki.
3. Shadow moves can be put into Essentials. I don't know what you mean by "integrate them with normal Pokémon moves", though. You mean replace them with regular moves upon purification? Well, I don't know. You can always try purifying something and see what happens.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
1. Yes. See the wiki.
2. Yes. See the wiki.
3. Shadow moves can be put into Essentials. I don't know what you mean by "integrate them with normal Pokémon moves", though. You mean replace them with regular moves upon purification? Well, I don't know. You can always try purifying something and see what happens.
Alright, will do. Also, what I mean is. Is it possible to make the Pokemon learn Shadow Moves even when they aren't a shadow Pokemon?

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Maruno

Quote:
Alright, will do. Also, what I mean is. Is it possible to make the Pokemon learn Shadow Moves even when they aren't a shadow Pokemon?
As far as I know, there's no reason they can't - they're defined as moves just like the others (same goes for the Shadow type). Then again, I know nothing about Shadow Pokémon, so I don't know if there's some weird extra factor going on that might prevent it. As I said before, a quick test should give you the answer.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Quote:
As far as I know, there's no reason they can't - they're defined as moves just like the others (same goes for the Shadow type). Then again, I know nothing about Shadow Pokémon, so I don't know if there's some weird extra factor going on that might prevent it. As I said before, a quick test should give you the answer.
Alright. I'll be sure to check later. Also, one last question I just thought of (Thought of it because of reading the Adding Pokemon page on the Wiki). Is it possible to make a Pokemon evolve depending on the location where it is?

Edit: Also, I just now tried to put a new Pokemon in. I keep getting an error. I'll post the error and what I added if anyone has any input on why its messing up.

[494]
Name=MISSINGNO.
InternalName=MISSINGNO
Type1=FLYING
;Type1=GLITCH
BaseStats=33,136,0,32,6,6
Moves=1,WATERGUN,1,SKYATTACK,
GenderRate=Genderless
BaseEXP=125
EffortPoints=1,3,-3,1,2,2
Height=3.048
Weight=1590.839160064
Kind=Glitch
Pokedex=MissingNo. is infamous throughout Kanto for the ability to corrupt a trainers Hall of Fame data.
Color=Purple
Rareness=3
StepsToHatch=65536
Compatability=15,15
Abilities=Duplication,Hax
;Evolution=HIBAKTOL,location
Habitat=Rare

And heres the error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1586:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1569:in `each_line'

Compiler:1569:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1607:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:2165:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2163:in `open'

Compiler:2163:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:3908:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4034

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Second Edit: As seen above, I want to add abilities. Is it possible? I checked the wiki, but it didnt seem to have a page.

RPG Maker Projects:

Last edited by XD003; June 16th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Alright. I'll be sure to check later. Also, one last question I just thought of (Thought of it because of reading the Adding Pokemon page on the Wiki). Is it possible to make a Pokemon evolve depending on the location where it is?
Yes. Check the Evolution page. It's not implemented, for obvious reasons (every game has different maps), but it's not too difficult. Just make sure you know where to put the new method (i.e. above the HappinessDay/HappinessNight ones).

Quote:
Edit: Also, I just now tried to put a new Pokemon in. I keep getting an error. I'll post the error and what I added if anyone has any input on why its messing up.

[494]
Name=MISSINGNO.
InternalName=MISSINGNO
Type1=FLYING
;Type1=GLITCH
BaseStats=33,136,0,32,6,6
Moves=1,WATERGUN,1,SKYATTACK,
GenderRate=Genderless
BaseEXP=125
EffortPoints=1,3,-3,1,2,2
Height=3.048
Weight=1590.839160064
Kind=Glitch
Pokedex=MissingNo. is infamous throughout Kanto for the ability to corrupt a trainers Hall of Fame data.
Color=Purple
Rareness=3
StepsToHatch=65536
Compatability=15,15
Abilities=Duplication,Hax
;Evolution=HIBAKTOL,location
Habitat=Rare

And heres the error:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1586:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1569:in `each_line'
Compiler:1569:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1607:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:2165:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2163:in `open'
Compiler:2163:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:3908:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4034

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
Several people have had this problem, and I don't know the solution.

Since the error in your case is in section 493 (Arceus), find the "WildItemRare" line in there and copy-paste another equals sign over the one in that line. I don't know if this will work, but I know why it might - you can have two different symbols in a character set (font) that look the same, but according to the computer they aren't. This line appears to be using the wrong kind of equals sign, so instead you should copy one of the ones you know does work.

That's my theory, anyway. Please let everyone know if it does work.

Quote:
Second Edit: As seen above, I want to add abilities. Is it possible? I checked the wiki, but it didnt seem to have a page.
Of course it's possible to add abilities, but it's very complicated. Each ability is different, and thus goes in different parts of the scripts (e.g. Intimidate, Overgrow, Air Lock, Drizzle, Forecast and Magnet Pull all do completely different things).

There can never be any real guide for abilities, other than points for the most common effects (I don't know what those might be, though). You should just assume messing around with abilities in any way is an advanced coding technique, and if you don't already know how to do it, you shouldn't try.
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Quote:
Yes. Check the Evolution page. It's not implemented, for obvious reasons (every game has different maps), but it's not too difficult. Just make sure you know where to put the new method (i.e. above the HappinessDay/HappinessNight ones).
I read over it and didn't understand it fully. I wasn't sure what to do with it at all.

Quote:
Several people have had this problem, and I don't know the solution.

Since the error in your case is in section 493 (Arceus), find the "WildItemRare" line in there and copy-paste another equals sign over the one in that line. I don't know if this will work, but I know why it might - you can have two different symbols in a character set (font) that look the same, but according to the computer they aren't. This line appears to be using the wrong kind of equals sign, so instead you should copy one of the ones you know does work.

That's my theory, anyway. Please let everyone know if it does work.
Figured out my issue. It was the Semicolons. I tested it when adding another Pokemon, and had the Semicolons, and the error returned. When I removed the Semicolons it seemed to work. Don't quite know if it's a Permanent Fix, but it's worth a shot.

I tried what you said first off, adding everything it said it was missing. But even it was fixed, it kept saying File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare. So I messed around with a bit, noticed I forgot some things in 494, added those in, then removed the extra entries and then removed the semicolons. I only figured out the error when I did the same with 495. I had a Semicolon around Type2= because I hadn't added its new type yet, and the error came back, same error, but this time for 494. First thing I did was remove the Semilcolons because everything else was correct, and somehow it was fixed.

Quote:
Of course it's possible to add abilities, but it's very complicated. Each ability is different, and thus goes in different parts of the scripts (e.g. Intimidate, Overgrow, Air Lock, Drizzle, Forecast and Magnet Pull all do completely different things).

There can never be any real guide for abilities, other than points for the most common effects (I don't know what those might be, though). You should just assume messing around with abilities in any way is an advanced coding technique, and if you don't already know how to do it, you shouldn't try.
Alright, Thanks for the help anyways.

Also, its funny. I'm finding I have so much better luck doing stuff in RPG Maker than I ever did in Hacking.

RPG Maker Projects:

Last edited by XD003; June 16th, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Maruno

Quote:
I read over it and didn't understand it fully. I wasn't sure what to do with it at all.
It's assumed people who want to mess around with the scripts actually know a little bit about scripting. Despite the lack of screenshots, I think there's enough information there to allow people to add in new evolution methods, as long as they know what they're doing. Really, unless you're willing to sit down and actually learn a bit of RGSS and figure out for yourself how Essentials works, you shouldn't even be thinking about messing with the scripts at all.

Quote:
Figured out my issue. It was the Semicolons. I tested it when adding another Pokemon, and had the Semicolons, and the error returned. When I removed the Semicolons it seemed to work. Don't quite know if it's a Permanent Fix, but it's worth a shot.
I did notice those semi-colons, but I didn't think you were actually including them (because that's just a silly thing to do). If you want to quote something out, use # at the beginning of the line. Again, learn some RGSS basics.

Quote:
I tried what you said first off, adding everything it said it was missing. But even it was fixed, it kept saying File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare. So I messed around with a bit, noticed I forgot some things in 494, added those in, then removed the extra entries and then removed the semicolons. I only figured out the error when I did the same with 495. I had a Semicolon around Type2= because I hadn't added its new type yet, and the error came back, same error, but this time for 494. First thing I did was remove the Semilcolons because everything else was correct, and somehow it was fixed.
Interesting. So when it said there was an error in section 493, it's actually referring to the 494th Pokémon - makes sense, since the section number count will be zero-based. Worth bearing in mind.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Quote:
It's assumed people who want to mess around with the scripts actually know a little bit about scripting. Despite the lack of screenshots, I think there's enough information there to allow people to add in new evolution methods, as long as they know what they're doing. Really, unless you're willing to sit down and actually learn a bit of RGSS and figure out for yourself how Essentials works, you shouldn't even be thinking about messing with the scripts at all.
I'll keep that in mind when I get further on in my project.

Quote:
I did notice those semi-colons, but I didn't think you were actually including them (because that's just a silly thing to do). If you want to quote something out, use # at the beginning of the line. Again, learn some RGSS basics.
Scripting for anything has always been a pain for me. I could always attempt to learn RGSS and hope to understand it.

Quote:
Interesting. So when it said there was an error in section 493, it's actually referring to the 494th Pokémon - makes sense, since the section number count will be zero-based. Worth bearing in mind.
I guess so. At least I know I wont be making that mistake anymore. Thanks for the information.

RPG Maker Projects:
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Delusions of Originality
like a thunderbolt

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valora17 View Post
Which version of Essentials are you using? The newest ones (at least, the most recent ones I downloaded) do include DP moves in moves.txt (haven't really checked the learnsets in pokemon.txt so I don't know if they were added there), although only the moves that share effect codes with earlier moves actually work--aqua tail and focus blast work fine, for example, because they have effects identical to moves like tackle and psychic, but gravity does not work. I don't mind sharing my moves.txt and saving you some typing if you can't get one that includes DP moves (actually, didn't Wichu offer a download of an updated moves.txt somewhere? Try searching for it), although you'll still have to do all of the actual scripting for moves like gravity, natural gift, etc. on your own. If you do end up writing it on your own then you'll want to find the effect codes for existing moves and make sure you're using the right ones for the new moves--poccil has a list of moves by effect code on his website, so that should help.

the dcNET Phoenixdex: Delusion/Phoenix's unnecessarily massive personal fakedex and fanregion project

new! work your way through the battle tower with actual Phoenixdex fakemon! try the EOC Tower Demo and get your kraitra rain sweep on today!

sprite in avatar/userbar by bluwiikoon

Other exciting things to click for fun and profit
///
Delusions's Art Thread | The Demented Chicken Network | Outrage (a one-shot) \\\
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Valora17
Something Memorable?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to Valora17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusions of Originality View Post
Which version of Essentials are you using? The newest ones (at least, the most recent ones I downloaded) do include DP moves in moves.txt (haven't really checked the learnsets in pokemon.txt so I don't know if they were added there), although only the moves that share effect codes with earlier moves actually work--aqua tail and focus blast work fine, for example, because they have effects identical to moves like tackle and psychic, but gravity does not work. I don't mind sharing my moves.txt and saving you some typing if you can't get one that includes DP moves (actually, didn't Wichu offer a download of an updated moves.txt somewhere? Try searching for it), although you'll still have to do all of the actual scripting for moves like gravity, natural gift, etc. on your own. If you do end up writing it on your own then you'll want to find the effect codes for existing moves and make sure you're using the right ones for the new moves--poccil has a list of moves by effect code on his website, so that should help.
I'm using a relatively old one, I can't remember which update it was but it's from a few months ago. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to save myself the typing; but otherwise I can just do it myself. At least then I'll be able to focus on the scripting more than the actual writing of the attacks and what-not.
Blow the candles out,

I'm beginning to see the light.

Blow the candles out,

Everything's gonna be alright.
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:15 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Okay, I've been trying to get help from Crazyninjaguy about Scene_Movie working as a Title Screen and I've come across a snag, and was hoping people here could help me out. The script I used is in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
class Scene_Movie
#Created by SoundSpawn
#Fixed by Popper
#Instruction
# 1) Movies must in in a new folder called Movies in your directory
# 2)If you call this script from and event (EG: Call Script: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") )
# 3) Have fun playin movies with this script!!!
def initialize(movie)
@movie_name = RTP.getPath("Movies\\"+movie+".avi").gsub(/\//,"\\")
end

def main
@temp = Win32API.pbFindRgssWindow.to_s
movie = Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','V')
x=movie.call("open \""+@movie_name+"\" alias FILE style 1073741824 parent " + @temp.to_s,0,0,0)
@message = Win32API.new('user32','SendMessage','%w(l,l,l,l)','V')
@detector = Win32API.new('user32','GetSystemMetrics','%w(l)','L')
@width = @detector.call(0)
if @width == 640
#fullscreen
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
Graphics.update
sleep(0.1)
#fullscreen
end
status = " " * 255
x=movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)
loop do
sleep(0.1)
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,0,0)
Graphics.update
@message.call(@temp.to_i,11,1,0)
Input.update
movie.call("status FILE mode",status,255,0)
true_status = status.unpack("aaaa")
if true_status.to_s != "play"
break
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
break
end
end
end

end

Now for the issue. The video works just great. The problem is that the video is 320x240 resolution and my game is played at 640x480. This issue with this is that the video only plays on the top left corner of the screen, only using 1/4 of the total screen size. The problem is, I want the video to play in the middle of the screen, not the top left corner.

Another issue I have, is that when you try to press a button to get to the actual game, the video doesn't stop playing... Is there a command I can put in the script to stop the movie from playing in addition to forcing it to play in the middle of the screen? I really need this info as soon as someone is able. I plan on releasing a new demo of my game in a few days, and I can't if I can't get this error fixed. Can someone please help me?

Also, I added code into Main after line 17.

Any ideas?

Ok, can someone at least tell me how to make the video stop playing?

Old June 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Ok, can someone at least tell me how to make the video stop playing?
I'll see if I can get it working. Are you calling it from an event, or using it as the title? I'm just asking because "stopping" it calls the title screen, which you wouldn't want in the middle of playing.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
thepsynergist

I'm using it as the title, not through an event.

Old June 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

New question now: The icons used for Party Sprites, when you add a new pokemon, they already have a predetermined icon. Aka, if you add Pokemon 494, it's icon will be Egg, Pokemon 495 will be Manaphy Egg, and so on. Is there any way to make it so the new Pokemon can use a different icon number, without having to change all the numbers for every icon? From what I've assumed, it'd be impossible to change the numbers because of Multi Form pokemon (Ex: Unown, Deoxys, Burmy, Wormadam)

RPG Maker Projects:
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Maruno

Quote:
New question now: The icons used for Party Sprites, when you add a new pokemon, they already have a predetermined icon. Aka, if you add Pokemon 494, it's icon will be Egg, Pokemon 495 will be Manaphy Egg, and so on. Is there any way to make it so the new Pokemon can use a different icon number, without having to change all the numbers for every icon? From what I've assumed, it'd be impossible to change the numbers because of Multi Form pokemon (Ex: Unown, Deoxys, Burmy, Wormadam)
The icons numbered 494 and onwards (the eggs and alternate forms) are not actually used, and are just there for completeness (albeit with misleading names). Alternate forms have names like "201_1" (for Unown), and the one egg sprite used (Manaphy's special variant isn't programmed in) is called "iconEgg" and is kept in a different folder.

You can rename the icons with numbers 494 and onwards safely, and replace them with the icons you want.

Sponsored Links