The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Post Office Buddy
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Well, in my newly obtained Emerald version, I am currently at Mossdeep and am about to battle the gym leaders. I had left temporarily to finish training my Pokemon a few levels more before challenging them, since my strongest Pokemon was a level 37 Swampert at the time.

I use a team of four Pokemon with two HM slaves. My Pokemon and their levels are as listed below:
Swampert (Torrent) Lv 41
Manectric (Bright) Lv 40
Beautifly (Pwnzerfly) Lv 40
Gardevoir (Hyper) Lv 40
Wingull (Omegagull) Lv 12
Zigzagoon (Mr Slave) Lv 8
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

Just started sapphire over! my current team is

torchic lv 14 male
Ralts lv 7 female

I'm going to try to beat the game with a combusken and a kirlia and of cours some other pokemon! :D I'll keep ya updated!
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Kyainey
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyainey
My battle was hard, but i manged to defeat my rival-champion, Green. At first i sent out My Charizard. My Rival sent out Pigedot. I defeated the Pidegdot with a Flamethower. The next pokemon was not easy. He sent out my weakness, Blastoise, a water type pokemon. I still kept in Charizard. The first part looked hot. the second one not so hot because he used a Hydro Pump! But some way, i defeated Blastiose. I thought i would have it my way. I did, until i came to Green's Arcanine. Charizard was tired out and had no moves left. He used struggle. Arcanine used ExtremeSpeed. I did it agiain and Green admittied defeat. Boy, was Professor Oak mad! And i went to the hall of fame.
#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old December 6th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Post Office Buddy
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Going through Victory Road on Emerald now with most of my Pokemon over level 46. Catching a few others in Victory road to replace my HM Slaves while I battle the league. I intend to gain access to the Battle Frontier on my first league win. Shouldn't be too hard as long as I have my team at 50+
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody
Old December 6th, 2008, 06:34 AM
RanzAlton
Pokemon Champion

Location: Cebu City, Philippines, Not all People here know Competitve Pokemon..
Send a message via Yahoo to RanzAlton
Just Breeding for a Choice Band Mence In Emerald, In Fire Red, Im Trading my Pokemon From Emerald in order to Complete the Kanto Dex, Soft resetting for Legendary Birds.

Reputations deal anyone?
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:41 AM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

New addition to my team!

Plusle lv 20 female. She's really strong too I didn't know that her stats were so well rounded. She's going to be the first pokemon I ever ev train on sapphire. I have high hopes for her. We are up to 3 gym badges now. keep ya updated!
Old December 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Nature: Quirky
Does anybody know where I can find the Flash HM? It's gonna be a pain going through Rock Tunnel...

Team: Pikachu Lvl 23
Charmeleon Lvl 23
Pidgeotto Lvl 24
Gloom Lvl 24
Diglett Lvl 24

Just ran into PokeManiac Aston. Is that a freaky outfit or what?
:cer_boogie:
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evilyn
Termination Bliss

I'm in the middle of a Scrambe Challenge :P

I beat Team Magma on Mt. Chimney.. Or however's the vulcano called. Maxie was easy to beat (my Pokémon are around Lv. 30 x_x; ). The Camerupt was a pain though, Maxie kept using Super Potion on it >_>

I've also beaten Flannery. The battle was really close, if her Torkoal would attack the last turn I would've lost. Luckily it couldn't move because it was paralyzed ^_^

I'm in the dessert atm and I went into the tower thing to get one of the fossils. I think I'm gonna take the Claw one :3

Current Team
Skittles, Lv. 33
Shadow, Lv. 31
Buttercup, Lv. 31
Delicacy, Lv. 27

Last.fm // MyAnimeList // Illuusio Musiikista
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

Okay! big news on my journey! I collected the rest of my badges and even caught Kyogre! I am battling the E4 now get this.....with two pokemon! my combusken and my plusle! and they actually won it! they swept the E4 and the champion without whiting out not even once! my time after beating it is 23:48! I'm so amazed at those two. I had other pokemon but their levels were so low they were stand in pokemon to do reviving so I give them props for that but man......combusken and plusle.....i'm proud of you guys! now it's time to go capture latias! :D until next time!
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:51 AM
RanzAlton
Pokemon Champion

I just Beat the Elite four 200+ Times and traded 1100+ Times on my Emerald. No Joke. with a Game time of 680 Hours.

Reputations deal anyone?
Old December 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

Well I recently started my journey in the Hoenn Region in my Ruby Version...and as much as Treecko still remains my favorite I decided to make a change and start off with Mudkip...but As of now I have a Taillow, Mudkip, and Beautifly all level 13...and I am in The Petalburg woods...Oh how long I've missed the Hoenn region, it feels great to be back...
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

well another quick update! I finally caught Latias! man it was a time with that pokemon! lol I've never worked so hard to capture a pokemon but I'm glad I did! since I don't like fighting with legendaries, I'm going to make her a contest pokemon and I'll ev train her so she can participate in the BT. I'm pretty much done with sapphire now so I'll be heading back to sinnoh soon! sorry my stay wasn't long in hoen but the journey was nice! seeya! inspiring trainer/coordinator is out!
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

As for me, I am currently in Dewford Island...about to challenge the Dewford Gym and mostly depending on my taillow and beautifly to handle it well for me...I think I'll start it off with Beautifly at the beggining and if beautifly ends up fainting (most likely will not happen) I'll have my Taillow in for come back....As for my newly evolved marshtomp, the two of us are still getting pumped up for our third gym battle...but that's all for now anyway...
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap-Eds View Post
Does anybody know where I can find the Flash HM? It's gonna be a pain going through Rock Tunnel...

Team: Pikachu Lvl 23
Charmeleon Lvl 23
Pidgeotto Lvl 24
Gloom Lvl 24
Diglett Lvl 24

Just ran into PokeManiac Aston. Is that a freaky outfit or what?
I think you want to ask thst question else where, but Im so nice today so Im going to tellyou that you get flash from oaks aid in a building south of pewter and of diglets cave

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

Well as of now, after playing for a few...I'm now in Slateport with my newly caught electrike...he took two pokeballs and one great ball just to catch him while he was on low HP...tough little guy...but right now I have my Beautifly, Marshtomp, and Taillow at lv. 21 while I plan on training Electrike to catch up...but Team Magme is already taken care of, I delivered the message to Steve and the Package to that other guy, and I now have 2 badges...

I was so lucky in my battle against Brawly, I had Beautifly out first like I had planned and with one Critical Gust his Machop was down and out, and then when he brought out his Makuhita, my Beautifly got another Critical Gust finishing the Gym Battle without a single scratch...lol
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

.....................................................................................................................
Okay, Well I a=have been continuing my jounrey in the Hoenn Region, and I've finally arrived to Mauville City...The First thing I did was Heal up at the pokemon center, then I immediately went to get a Bike from the Shop right next door. After I had a quick battle with Wally, he was terribly easy, but I know he'll get better...lol...Anyway, besides all that I did a little training and now my Beautifly, Swellow, Marshtomp, and Manectric are all lv. 26 and I currently hold three gym badges...Oh, and my Swellow also earned a ribbon in the normal rank cool contest...

Next Stop, Fallarbor Town...

Okay as of now I am making my way to Fallarbor Town, almost there actually with my current team: Marshtomp, Beautifly, Manectric, and Swellow...Hopefully when I get father in the game I can catch an absol to train later on...

Last edited by Artemis; December 10th, 2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
True Reign
  

I'm trying to put in an extra two - three hours of playing my DSlite during the evening hours, so I could grind my way towards the Battle Frontier. Anyway, I defeated Winona this morning before I went to school and I should beat Tate & Liza today if I train my Lairon and my Swampert to atleast forty-five / forty-six. Wish me luck! :]

Lairon [Level 39] @ Oran Berry
Skills : Take Down | Headbutt | Iron Tail | Rock Tomb

Swampert [Level 42] @ Oran Berry
Skills : Ice Beam | Surf | Rock Smash | Mud Shot

This post reminds me that I should begin training a Skarmory.
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

LOL.....well I've been working a little harder than usual, but I still have the same pokemon with me atm only they are much stronger...I also obtained my fourth badge from Flannery, and now I'm in the desert building up my pokemon to go and challenge my Dad. I'm hoping to at least level up to 32 or 34 to battle him maybe...
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

Well I went up to challenge my dad with my pokemon, and I have to admit I kinda lost pretty badly...but have no fear for I willget back up and trian a little more...my pokemon and I will prevail next time!

lol
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Gelly
Don't eat me!

I had just got my Scope from Steven to can pass Winona, i was in the grass, and then it appeard, a lil shiny Oddish, i was like: *u* oh my god! i soo want that! My first shiny!

I battle with her, and then, in the last attack to weaken her, she fainted, i was like: ='0 Noooo!
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
I had just got my Scope from Steven to can pass Winona, i was in the grass, and then it appeard, a lil shiny Oddish, i was like: *u* oh my god! i soo want that! My first shiny!

I battle with her, and then, in the last attack to weaken her, she fainted, i was like: ='0 Noooo!
OMG that has got to suck! it's like I felt your pain when I read that.......I wish you luck on capturing a shiny don't give up!
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Tashiro
Total Perspective Vortex

Nature: Brave
My combusken evolved into a blaziken before Meteor Falls.
That was useful for when I fought Team Aqua.
Fighting every trainer has its advantages.

I'm trying to get Passion to level 59 before the twins, so I'm randomly surfing and looking for trainers.
I also had to walk from Fortree to Rustboro in order to get a flyslave. =/
Not fun.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM
RanzAlton
Pokemon Champion

yes! I got a "Wonderfully Outstanding in Ability!" Moltres! with a Flawless Sp.Def ! Gotta Checks its other Iv's..

Reputations deal anyone?
Old December 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

Well on my thrid try I finally finished off my father in Petalburg City...He was never so tough against me before...hmm, oh well all my pokemon are now LV. 34 and we are continuing our journey to Fortree City...Hopefully I can get some good training done before I'm ready to challenge Winona...

Well I've finally arrived to Fortree City with my pokemon all lv. 36...and I've decided my four pokemon are great but I think it is time for a new pokemon to join our team...so as of now I'm in search of absol...I found two but my Swellow Critical hit them both and fianted them both....lol...oh well, not giving up just yet...plus I'm getting a lot of training done...

OKAY! I finally caught my Absol and currently I'm training it to catch up to the rest of my pokemon...I'm glad to have a new member of the team, it feels nice...and knowing Absol might be a massive powerhouse in my team is good to know too...well as I continue my jounrey I am still preparing my self for Winona. because I do not want another crisis like I had with my dad...lol

Last edited by Artemis; December 12th, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
jtkl788
Beginning Trainer

I just defeated pike queen lucy with :Metagross lv80
Nidoking lv80
Charizard lv80
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here