The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:29 PM
WooperIsMyFave92
Beginning Trainer

Well I've beat the Elite Four on LeafGreen and now I'm mostly working on catching 60 Pokemon or migrating Pokemon to my Diamond Version. I have 9 more to go. Also, I really wanted a Dratini for nostalgia and as far as I know, the only one in the game is at the game corner. I spent an hour and a half cleaning out the already defeated Rocket HQ and Silph Co. then selling anything and everything I could for gambling money. I'm horrible at slots so i just bought all the coins. In the end, I sold all my non key items except my masterball and a dragon claw TM.......only to find out Dratini cant learn it. Grr.... -______- If Diglett can scratch, why can't Dratini Dragon Claw?!?!?!
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
After 5 doses of Calm mind, Kirlia swept Flannery with Psychic.
I then went over to the Desert on route 111 and obtained the Claw Fossil.
I then sailed over to Petalburg and beat all of the Gym Trainers before going back to level grind on route 111.

While training Numel, I found a shiny pokémon.

Current team
Grovyle lv.33
Linoone lv.30
Swellow lv.30
Gardevoir lv.30
Lombre lv.30
Numel (my normal coloured Numel) lv.30
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
<- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Wow, I haven't posted in a while. Anyways, After beating Brock, I swept through the trainers in the route next to Pewter and in Mt. Moon. After making it through Mt. Moon, I beat a Supernerd and picked the Dome Fossil. I had the Blackbelt teach Spiff how to use Mega Punch. After realizing that my Pokemon were underleveled for Misty, I beat Nugget Bridge, evolving Sauri in the process. After beating Misty mainly with Spiff, I went north, beat the trainers, and helped Bill. Along that route, Avian evolved into Pidgeotto.

Party:
Sauri - Ivysaur - Lv20 - Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Avian - Pidgeotto - Lv19 - Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Spiff - Pikachu - Lv19 - Thundershock, Quick Attack, Mega Punch, Thunder Wave

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
GStheHero
YouTube Battler

Nature: Modest
I FINALLY got a Symbol today and I felt like I had to share it. This was my first time ever beating one of these guys.

I thought there use to be a subforum to post videos of PKMN battles? Was that removed or am I incorrect?

Just beat Dome Ace Tucker. He was a lot easier than Noland, but that's only b/c he didn't use Salamence.

GStheHero! <3

click here for my youtube wifi battles! =]

Last edited by GStheHero; July 7th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:00 PM
CaptainObvious
Ace Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Hmm, I'm at Fortree now with a lv35 Marshtomp. lv23 Makuhita and Nuzleaf, lv26 Swellow, lv28 Graveller and Absol.

Leveling up the 23's for Winona
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
Sidney
Since Mightyena was the weakest member of Sidney's team, I decided to start with Linoone so I can save Camerupt and Swellow for later.
After defeating Shiftry, Swellow was defeated by a critical hit Rock Slide from Absol. Camerupt then defeated Absol and Cacturn with Earthquake and Overheat. Ludicolo eventually won against Crawdaunt after almot fainting twice.

Phoebe
I start off with by setting up a few Calm Minds, but Gardevoir was ultimately defeated by Dusclop's Shadow Punch, Camerupt finished her first Dusclops off, but was defeated by her second one. Both of her Banette were defeated by Swellow and Ludicolo, her Sableye suffered the same fate.

Glacia
Just like before, I start with Gardevoir and set up around 4 doses of Calm Mind. Gardevoir then proceeded to sweep Glacia's team, except for Walrein, I healed at that point due to the possibility of Walrein outspeeding Gardevoir, who was at low health at that point due to Hail damage.

Drake
I start with Sceptile, which easily defeats Shelgon and Kingdra thanks to Dragon Claw.
Ludicolo narrowly defeated Altaria, I heal, but Ludicolo then falls to a critical hit DragonBreath from Flygon.
I switch to Linoone to heal Ludicolo, which then easily defeats Flygon.
Drake's Salamence then OHKO'd Ludicolo with a critical hit Dragon Claw, so I switch back to Sceptile and narrowly defeat Salamence.

Spoiler:
Champion Wallace
Round 1 - Gardevoir vs Wailord
I set up a Calm Mind then OHKO Wailord with Thunderbolt.

Round 2 - Gardevoir vs Tentacruel
Tentacruel was also OHKO'd by Psychic.

Round 3 - Swellow vs Ludicolo
Ludicolo spammed Double Team, so I retaliated with Aerial Ace, which never misses.
Ludicolo is then struck down by a critical hit Aerial Ace.

Round 4 - Sceptile vs Milotic
Milotic's Toxic misses, so I retaliate with Solarbeam, but leaves Milotic in the red zone, Sceptile is then defeated by another Ice Beam.

Round 5 - Camerupt vs Milotic
I sacrifice Camerupt so I can revive Sceptile, I then switch to Gardevoir.

Round 6 - Gardevoir vs Milotic
I set up 2 doses of Calm Mind, while Milotic uses Toxic on Gardevoir.
Milotic survives Gardevoir's Psychic, then uses Surf and brings Gardevoir's HP down to the yellow zone.
I heal, Wallace heals, and I try another Psychic, which Milotic also survives.
Milotic was eventually defeated by Gardevoir's final Psychic.

Round 7 - Ludicolo vs Whiscash
Whiscash spammed Amnesia, so Ludicolo's Giga Drain kept doing less each turn.
Eventually, I run out of of Giga Drain. I use an elixir, Wallace then heals.
Whiscash then resorts to spamming Earthquake, which Ludicolo barely takes any damage against.
After a gruelling battle and 2 elixirs, Whiscash was eventually brought down by Ludicolo's Giga Drain.

Round 8 - Linoone vs Gyarados
I sacrifice Linoone so I could revive Gardevoir.

Round 9 - Gardevoir vs Gyarados
Since Gyarados defeated Linoone with Hyper Beam, I got a free turn and thus OHKO'd Wallace's last pokémon with Thunderbolt.
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
<- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I am playing a German Leaf Green version right now.

- Chose Schiggy (Squirtle). I reset for a Female one.
- Caught a Menki (Manky) and trained it.
- Beat Gary.
- Beat the first gym.
- Got my Running Shoes.
- Evolved Schiggy into Schillok (Wartortle).

That's about it! :D (German names are funny too. lol)

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Started over emerald this morning

- Chose Treeko
- beat zigzagoon
- Caught a tailow
- Caught a random zigzagoon
- Traded for a Pikachu on my ruby
- Trained my lv. 5 male pikachu to lv. 8
-Trained Tailow and Treeko to lv. 8
- Saved, about to play later.

im gonna use ashes team from the hoenn anime

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:58 AM
OminousMix
"Show me whatcha got."

Location: "Hehehehe... So your here to pick a fight with a legend..."
Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to OminousMix
My story would be...Discovering a pokemon alien conspiracy. It being every professor is a tree. Oh and i'm only missing deoxys to complete the National Dex. Team is lv 90+....About it really.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:34 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
I've started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Emerald. I didn't catch anything on Routes 101 or 103 so those routes are done...

Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:33 PM
Eryes

Nature: Quiet
I bought Emerald today and I couldn't wait to get started. I actually decided I was going to be a guy named Hagalaz. I'm a girl but I don't like the girl sprite all that much. I did soft reset until I get a female Torchic, and for some reason I decided I was going to go through the game with only female pokemon. Don't really know why, unfortunately I caught a single male pokemon that I used in the first gym, a boy marill that I named Lugus. I've been nicknaming my pokemon for some reason, I guess to give each a personal feel to them.

Team:
Lugus-Marill- lvl 10
Lily- Lotad- lvl 11
Chyena-Poochyena- lvl 6
Pele-Torchic- lvl 12
Psyche-Ralts-lvl 8
Subame-Taillow- lvl 10
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Duskwire
Battling since 1993~

Nature: Impish
Started over Pokemon FireRed. Started with Bulbasaur (Brutus). Caught a Rattata for the box and Pidgey (Ero). Trained both to level 10, about to take on Derek (rival) at the E4 entrance.

Team:
Bulbasaur/Brutus lvl. 10
Pidgey/Ero lvl. 10

Notes: I picked 'saur so that I could have Arcanine on my team without too many conflicting types. So far my planned team is Venasaur, Arcanine, Pidgeot. We'll see what happens!
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
DexHolderBlue
The Sneaky Thief

Nature: Quirky
Started a new game of Sapphire today~

-Named my character "Sapphir" (stupid character limit...)

-Rescued Prof. Birch and obtained a Torchic

-Battled and won against Brendan on Route 103

-Obtained a Pokedex

Banner made by kyogreblue3 at Serebii forums!

Happy October!~

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Bought a copy of Firered and Emerald for me and my brother. he doesn't really like them... (he's a 6 yr old kid. he'd prefer the graphics in black/white rather than in emerald D: what a shame...)

anywaysss

In Firered:

There are a bunch of pokemon I would like to have in my emerald. So I decided not to restart for now and rebuild later.

my brother caught a Chansey. I was like o: O: O: i never did that when i actually had the copies of the game in my past, so i was totally shocked. i started ranting about how chansey was so difficult, then my brother was like "psh i can do it" and the first chansey he saw, he did it. i was so angry/happy.

i'm going to send it over to my emerald once my gba cable and other gameboy come. and start making chanseys with seismic toss! maybe even use a blissey for the battle fronteir.

anyways

In Emerald:

i caught a feebas!!! it was so much easier than in my past.

i got a liechi berry because of a lucky stroke of Mirage Island actually being open o-o i'm planting it right now and taking exceptional care of the plant~

and that's it

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:29 AM
DexHolderBlue
The Sneaky Thief

Sapphire:

-Added a Ralts to my team (Torchic and Ralts so far).

-Encountered Team Aqua for the first time in Petalburg Woods.

-Made it to Rustboro City.

Happy October!~

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
I remember encountering Latias in sapphire version in the desert area! It is a moment I will never forget.

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old October 29th, 2011, 07:32 AM
DexHolderBlue
The Sneaky Thief

Sapphire:

-Trained Torchic to level 16 (team is now Combusken and Ralts)

-Battled and defeated Roxanne

-Took back the Devon Goods from Team Aqua grunt

-Obtained the Pokenav

Happy October!~

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Komatana
#

I just started a run on Ruby, hacked in a Jirachi and Deoxys cause I've always wanted to raise them like normal pokemon, I also hacked in a mew cause it fit with the team.
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I restarted my Emerald, chose a boy and named him Devlin. I then caught a Wurmple.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

This afternoon, I had made up the decision to re-discover the roots of my past and plugged in my copy of FireRed into the GBA port on my rather large and blue DS. Now, I have not played the original Pokemon, In ages, So all the knowledge that once filled me of which Gym Leader I shall fight in what order has flown out of my head and fluttered out the window. So, this will be an experence, once over.

As I start out, going through the hoops, maddly butten mashing away to get past Oak's Begining speech, I had made it (thank god) to the character naming segment. I desided upon TAOPAI, being that, well, that is my current handle at the moment. As an odd turn-of-events, I desided to name my Rival Gary...Being this is , technically, a game that sends us back to Kanto, why not go ahead and pick, none other than Gary Oak.

And so, with Oak's final words, I was lowered down into the world of Pokemon, once more. To begin my journey anew. As awake from my pixalized bed, I stumbled to the first place I knew to go. The PC across my room. as fast as that blue hedgehog, I snatched the potion and ran down stairs, nearly tripping over my NES. As I made it downstairs, Mom was waiting for me, in downstairs. What a wonderful mother a boy could have. She tells me something about young boys, I didn't catch all of it, before looking towards the TV to see the horrible movie 'Stand by me'. I shudder as I watched Cory Feldman's career circle the drain. My mother says something about Professor Oak, I imidiantly snapped back into reality and rushed out the door.

I ran and ran and ran until I had lost where I was going. I saw a patch of grass ahead. Surely, he'd be waiting for me there, ready to give my hands on training. I swallowed, ready for the most intense training I would ever have...When, I hear "STOP!". I am jogged from my dream and look behind me, as I see a winded old man run up to me. It took him a while to speak, he was trying to hard to catch his breath. He told me that I should not go into the grass, Ill-equipped. I giggle with glee as I readied myself to be given A case, or something and booted out into the wild, where I could begin my journey. He told me to follow him. Here is comes, I thought. He turned away and...began walking..back into..town....Okay, not much of a disappointment, buuuut....whatever floats your boat, old man, I thought. He lead me into this....rather small lab. I was unimpressed, But, I saw three Pokeballs to my right. Yes, I thought, it's almost time.

And then, I looked to my left...And who did I see?....Him...Gary Oak. The vile little snot who laughed at me, when I said I would be the greatest. The goblin who threw popcorn and soda at me at my 3rd grade talent show. That nasty little worm who had the GALL of tie me to a tree, while him and his friends beat me with sticks, like a pinata, chanting 'Tao rhymes with ow! Tao rhymes with ow!'. My eye twitched as he rudely hustled his grandfather up. I could not even listen to the professor, anymore. My eyes burned with hatred, unseen by many, unheard of by the Gods themselves. Even then, I was only thinking of my wrath and how sweet it would be.

I was snapped back into reality, once more, when he told me to pick a Ball. YES! Finally, I get to get my pokemon and start my awesome journey into the land of Kanto. Gary whined, I didn't care. I Rushed to the table, grinning so much that I thought I was drooling. I inspected each one....And a frown fell upon my face, when I realized: 'Each one is weak against the other. The Grass pokemon Bulbasaur is a balanced choice, Indeed...But, GARY would pick The fire lizard Charmander, Just to spite me! The water turtle Squirtle was indeed defensive, due to his shell being as hard as rock....But, this acursed boy would pick Bulbasaur, knowing his grass moves would conquer me. And, If I chose Charmander, that evil, evil child would chose Squirle. I squeeked a bit, measuring my options. I caved in and chose Charmander. Of Course, Gary picked up the Pokeball with Squirtle. That loser. I tried high-tailing it out of there. He stopped me by walking in my way and challanging me, RIGHT OFF THE FRIGGAN BAT, to a battle....Gary -mumblemumble.- Oak.

There we were. LOCKCED in an epic battle. A battle that would determine the outcome of my WHOLE journey. I had to beat him. He went first, A tail whip. My Charmander just looked at it, confused. I ordered it to scratch. It hit, knocking the Turtle for a loop. I grinned, I was going to win. The Squirtle Tail whip'd once more. I laughed as My Charmander went for a scratch, stealing most of Squirtle's HP away, leaving only a good 5 or 8, perhaps. I wasn't sure...I could taste victory....Then...Squirtle tackled Charmander. I watched as my defenseless charmander stumbled to his back, wincing in a harsh pain. I began to desend from my cloud, actually thinking I would be able to beat Gary.....That is when Charmander got right back up and slashed the Blue monster across it's face. I watched at it went down, for the count. My jaw hit the floor as I watched Gary run away, with his tail between his legs.

I had beat him. I DID IT!...HOLY MOLEY! I was joyfully laughing, pumping my fist in the air and dancing about, when I noticed my Charmander flashed blue. I walked over to my little Charmander, I had named Blaze, and proceeded to inspect him. He leveled up? Interesting. I placed him back into my ball as I held my head high and walked out into the world, ready to re-visit the world that I had left behind, so long ago. :'3
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
So I've been playing my Pokemon Emerald here and there. Mostly when I'm travelling via public transport or such.
I just beat May on route 110 and caught a Minun which I'm now leveling to match my other pokemon in order to beat the next gym eventually.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Well, I finished EV'ing my Starmie and Metagross.

And I must say, it was well worth all that time I spent. I dominated Tucker twice on my first run with those 2 pokemon alone. They complement each other incredibly well. Or maybe I was just lucky. But who knows?

I also crushed Greta just barely with those 2 pokemon because of horrible typing and had to end up with a in-game used Zapdos to beat her last pokemon, Shedinja, because of my lack of having any times.

Then, I also beat Lucy just barely with my Zapdos, and I'm starting to realize that Zapdos are amazing pokemon. I'll need to get one from my Firered later after I get a working link cable -.-'

I'm working on the Battle Pyramid with one stage done.

Besides Battle Frontier news, I'm starting to breed Chansey and it is annoying me because I cannot get a decent one. I know IV's really don't have a major major impact in the Battle Frontier as they do in 4th gen/5th gen competitive battling because of the difficulty to breed them , but I do know it has a huge difference from 31 IVs then 15 IVs or so...

Later then, I got a Chansey that seemed really good so now I am EV Training it. Battle Pyramid here I come!!!

---

Meanwhile, in Kanto, I had just beaten the Elite 4 and my rival, Ivan, with an incredible pokemon called Blastoise. Sadly, I have to fill my pokedex to 60 now if I want my Raikou to transfer to my Emerald. And I do have a lot of Kanto pokemon missing from my Emerald so no big there I suppose.

After I am done with Raikou and pokemon, it's time for Suicune and I will be done restarting my Firered.

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM
rescuecp

I over trained my Pokémon way too much in Pokémon Fire Red...

My starter (Charmander), was a Charizard before I left Mount Moon! However, I *ONLY* trained Charizard so it took forever to beat Gary and his Blastoise...

I also have yet another great memory...
I had Fire Red and my friend had a Lugia, so he traded it over. (It was from an "event", level 30.) I then trained it to level 100...I spent all summer non-stop playing...I then finally reached level 100 and on the way learned Psycho-Boost.
A different friend, at the time, had Pokémon Emerald...And had trained his Rayquaza to level 100. We then had a battle: Lugia vs Rayquaza. I won, with Lugia. He then asked to trade Lugia for his Rayquaza. I said yes, so I obtained Rayquaza. I sometimes wonder where that game cartridge is...

...Anyways, good memories!

...So let's put our faces in the snow!
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:48 AM
travis_

I just took a fresh start on Fire Red and chose Charmander, who annihilated Gary's Squirtle with about 3 scratches (yay critical!). I did the whole parcel - Oak thing and received the pokedex and the pokeballs. So, i said goodbye to Pallet Town, and caught a Pidgey on the way to where I am now, the Pokemon center in Viridian City!

And now to level up pidgey and charmander a bit to fight Gary for the second time

Crystal Team
Old December 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
kutnkill
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_ View Post
I just took a fresh start on Fire Red and chose Charmander, who annihilated Gary's Squirtle with about 3 scratches (yay critical!). I did the whole parcel - Oak thing and received the pokedex and the pokeballs. So, i said goodbye to Pallet Town, and caught a Pidgey on the way to where I am now, the Pokemon center in Viridian City!

And now to level up pidgey and charmander a bit to fight Gary for the second time
Charmanders a bad one for the first gym. Squirtle is a lot stronger throughout the whole base of the game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links