The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
phoenixprime88b5
From the ashes, I rise...

by Phoenixprime88b5

Introduction

Several years ago, Pokemon Trainers Red and Blue set off on separate journeys to become Pokemon Masters. Red and Blue fought their way through the Kanto Region, defeating Gym Leaders and obtaining their Badges.

Eventually, they made it to Indigo Plateau, where they fought the Elite Four and ultimately each other in the showdown for the title of "Pokemon Master". Along the way, they were sidetracked by the evil Team Rocket. In a long and rough fight for justice, Red defeated Team Rocket and their leader, Giovanni.

After the defeat of Team Rocket, peace returned to Kanto. Red and Blue left Kanto on their quest to become even better Pokemon Trainers. Giovanni disappeared, and was never seen or heard from again. It seemed that Team Rocket was gone forever, until...

Three years later, when a young trainer from the Johto Region began his journey, discovering the rising formation of Team Rocket. While traveling through Johto, defeating the gym leaders and obtaining their badges, Gold with the help of Lance, who was the fourth Elite Four member, now Champion of the Indigo Plateau, defeating Team Rocket once and for all or so they thought.

Gold continues onto the Kanto Region. He finds a remaining Team Rocket member at Cerulean City, ending any more chances for them to return. Gold continues traveling, collecting badges from the Gym leaders there as he ends up battling Blue for the eighth and final Kanto badge, who is now the Viridian City Gym Leader. After receiving a pass from a renown Professor Oak, he goes back to the isolated Mt.Silver in Johto as he confronts Red for the final showdown to see who’s the best Pokemon trainer.

To the southwest of the Johto and Kanto regions, two young trainers, Brendan and May begins their pokemon journey in the Hoenn region. The two travel the region, training pokemon and battling gym leaders, collecting badges as two criminal organizations called Team Aqua and Team Magma began their plans to control the world by awakening ancient pokemon, Groudon and Kryogre.

But one of the young trainers with the help of the Sootopolis City Gym Leader , Wallace, awakens another ancient pokemon, Rayquaza, to calm the other two from destroying the world.

After avoiding the world threatening crisis, the young trainer retrieves the last badge and challenges the Elite four and the Hoenn Champion, Steven. Once becoming the new champion of the Hoenn region, the young trainer goes to the Battle Frontier, to take on a new challenge and test their skills as a trainer.

Somewhere north of the Johto/Kanto Regions, in the Sinnoh region, at the small town of Twinleaf. After viewing a television report about a media-conducted search for a Red Gyarados spotted at a distant lake, a younger trainer named Lucas and his friend and rival travel together to check the local lake for a Pokémon like it. They spot Professor Rowan, an expert in Pokémon evolution, and Lucas’s second rival, Dawn. After a short discussion the pair exits from the lake, leaving a briefcase behind. When they are attacked by wild Starly, Lucas and his rival examine the case. Lucas and his rival choose a pokemon from the briefcase and fight the attacking group of Starly. After defeating the Starly, they return the briefcase to the professor. Noticing that a bond has been forged between Lucas and his chosen Pokémon, Rowan offers it to him, asking that he embark on a journey and fill his Pokédex.

As his adventure continues, Lucas encounters a criminal organization called Team Galactic, although their motives are unclear at the time. However, as Lucas progresses through the Sinnoh Region, it is made gradually more obvious that the leader, Cyrus, desires to end all life on the world so that he alone can form a more perfect, conflict-less place. Team Galactic captures Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, of Sinnoh’s three lakes, and imprisons them, making it Lucas’ responsibility to free them. Upon releasing the trio, he is able to travel to the sacred shrine atop Mt. Coronet and enter the cave, where the leader of Team Galactic awakens Dialga and Palkia. Dialga and Palkia’s powers begin to overwhelm Sinnoh, causing the newly free Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit to attempt to stop them. It is then that Lucas is able to engage in a battle with the legendary Pokémon.

Having done this and after meeting requirements set by the Elite Four, Lucas is able to contend with them, fighting its members and then the Sinnoh Region Champion, Cynthia.

Story

One year later, a new adventure begins on a small isle in a region not too far from Johto/Kanto, another young boy is about to embark on a journey.
The story begins as the male twin wakes up to the call of his twin sister, who begin to accompany their father; the region's Pokemon Professor, to the nearby woods for his pokemon research. While they prepare to make they're way there, in the woods, a mysterious teenage trainer confronts the leaders of Team Aqua, Magma and Rocket. The weather begins to change as a new and unseen pokemon arrives...

Back at the house, the sister rushes to the lab as the male twin and their father prepare to head to the woods. She tells them about the sighting of a rare pokemon coming down from the sky heading towards the lake in the middle of the woods. Their father rushes off to the woods as the twins wonder what's happening. The sister goes up to their parents room and then returns with two pokeballs, she hands one to her brother and then the two rush off to the woods to find their father.

When they arrive at the woods they are confronted by members of Team Aqua, Magma and Rocket. The local police are handling most of the gang members leaving only a few of them to attack the twins, as they prevail, they find their father and as they attempt to talk to him, they are interrupted by the roar of the still unknown pokemon...

On a train ride to the Johto Region, he meets Professor Elm, who takes him to Newbark Town where his adventure to find the unknown pokemon begins and as he delves deeper into the region, he finds himself embarking on a more epic adventure than expected.

Traveling across the world to the locations of Kanto, Hoenn, the Orange Islands and more. He will come across familiar faces, make new friends and meet old enemies as well as unexpected encounters with Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, and Galactic concludng in an event that no one on Earth would hope ever to happen... all while in hopes of becoming a Pokemon Master.

Features

• Visits to Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange Islands and including an all-new region...
  • Original Story w/ legendary pokemon with their own story
  • 493 Pokemon
  • Weather Effect
  • Real Time Day/Night System
  • Options (Change Text Type, Windowskin, Resolution, and more)
  • Pokemon CBS
  • Pokemon CMS
  • PokeDex
  • PokeGear
  • Much More...

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Pokémon Master Quest Team

Phoenixprime88b5: Creator, Scripter, Mapper, Spriter, Story Writer
Omega Groudon: Menu Graphics
Virtual Chatot - Pokemon Master Quest Supporter Graphics
Atomic_Reactor: Mapper & Beta Tester
Darkbandit16: Beta Tester

Resources

Poccil/Flameguru: CBS, Systems
Flameguru: Hero Back Trainer Sprite, Boat Sets, Orange Island Maps (Valencia, Tangelo and Mikan)
Blizzy: Other Pokemon SK
Marth271+ Ash Character Sprite
Meep43: Riley Character Sprite
T.K.: Custom Trainer Sprites and Character Sets
Kyledove, PHO & Don Patch: Tilesets
Coronis & Mike: Trainer Sprites
Fangking Omega: Tilesets, Character Sets
Goldenaura3: Name Input Script
Squall: Resolution Script
Near Fantastica: Anti Lag Script
Sephiroth Spawn: Splash Screen Script
SoundSpawn: AVI Movie Player Script
Momomo?: Pokedex Script
Sandgolem: Temporary Save Script
Spriters-Resource: For Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Overworld Sprites
VG Music: Music

All resources were found on rmxp.org, Creation Asylum, or PC.
Credits to their makers/editors have been noted above.

And if you want to support the game, here's the banner:

Last edited by phoenixprime88b5; May 31st, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
they look ok =/
if i were you i would use pokemon mystery dingeon sprites for the pokemon ow sprites, instead of the ones your using now.
just my opinion though.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
You stole the professors sprite and name from the Pokemon Acanthite Project <_<

EDIT: You're using the old Sprite...

Last edited by Virtual Chatot; November 24th, 2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
This game isn't looking too good. The overworlds dude...they stink...there are no outlines and no shading. The pokemon same thing.The trainers shouldn't be indexed.
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:04 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
All the custom overworlds make my eyes want to bleed.
No shading and they're.. Just.. Plain bad.

Old November 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Hell, here is a screenshot from Acanthite's Beta 1

They're obviously the same exact Sprite, you lied :3

Also, its still stealing by making the sprite larger, what the heck are you on? Acanthite has been in production far longer than you have...

You've been reported

OMG! THIS DUDE TOTALLY LEFT :3 I TOLD YOU GUYS

Last edited by Virtual Chatot; November 24th, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixprime88b5 View Post
Sorry but I found somewhere else where I can let my game flourish. See ya.

Wow, are you serious? Well...this game didn't last very long on PC. Oh well...
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Beacuse I pwned him with proof he was Plagiarizing, and now he knows he has lost his credibility, in his frustration he left like the coward he is.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I have nothing to say about this...
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Tyler
PHP Scripter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler Send a message via Skype™ to Tyler
really? Are you guys serious? That sprite is of Daisy, its one of Coronus graphics. All the guy from Acanthite did was add the hand outward http://serebii.net/manga/daisy.gif
see for yourself.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Yes, we know that...But He had no right to steal the exact sprite.

Plus, I'm pretty sure we received permission from Coronus
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
really? Are you guys serious? That sprite is of Daisy, its one of Coronus graphics. All the guy from Acanthite did was add the hand outward http://serebii.net/manga/daisy.gif
see for yourself.
You don't even get what we're talking about do you? Acanthite did edit it with permission. We gave credit. We did all that was needed. He didn't do anything. He didn't credit Acanthite nor Coronis.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Well, I've nothing to say but I believe he don't know everything about his fault.
I think he'll not do the same thing again.
Just stay tune and wait for the new update.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
phoenixprime88b5

Since this is a big deal, I can tell my side of the story and no one will believe a word I say. So I'll apologize for 'accidently' using the sprite so I'll update the game, no willow, Oak will appear, and the image in question will be not used without permission (meaning in my case, not at all). I hope this action will set aside any conflicts about this for now and that we can look past this accident and move on to the development of this pokemon fan game project.

And as for the overworld sprites that everyone is talking about, that was being used temp until I finished editing the pokemon mystery dungeon sprites from spriters-resource.

Last edited by phoenixprime88b5; November 24th, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I have nothing to say =P

Nah, thats alright man, if you say it was an accident, then it was an accident. Its no biggy.
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Yeah! So finally updated^^
Well, the graphics made by me look suitable to your game^^
Keep it up!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
phoenixprime88b5

I'll take the screenshots of the overworld pokemon off and replace some new shots of the newly used ones from spriters resource when they are ready. I'll try to fix the eye sores some of you guys got from looking at them, lol.
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Look, WTF are you guys smoking? This is an awesome game! By the looks of the screenies, hes done the CMB,CMS, bag, PC ALL the important stuff.

GREAT WORK!
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM
phoenixprime88b5

Thanks to Poccil's Starter Kit of course.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixprime88b5 View Post
Since this is a big deal, I can tell my side of the story and no one will believe a word I say. So I'll apologize for 'accidently' using the sprite so I'll update the game, no willow, Oak will appear, and the image in question will be not used without permission (meaning in my case, not at all). I hope this action will set aside any conflicts about this for now and that we can look past this accident and move on to the development of this pokemon fan game project.

And as for the overworld sprites that everyone is talking about, that was being used temp until I finished editing the pokemon mystery dungeon sprites from spriters-resource.

This post reminds me of when a politician apologizes. And that's bad. Very bad. Remember "misrepresented the truth" from Bush? Stil, why would anyone just use someone else's work without permission or any kind of credit. (Besides the obvious fact that, in general, we are all using Nintendo's work without asking permission)

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old November 25th, 2007, 01:39 AM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
I just noticed another major flaw, you seem to be enlarging the sprites BY HAND (noticed this due to the bad pixils on Team Rocket.) Don't. Just use Paint's "Enlarge 2x" function.

Old November 25th, 2007, 04:42 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dash View Post
I just noticed another major flaw, you seem to be enlarging the sprites BY HAND (noticed this due to the bad pixils on Team Rocket.) Don't. Just use Paint's "Enlarge 2x" function.
I'm not completely sure, but I think poccil's starter kit function automatically reduces sprites more than 64 x 64. That looks like the cause.

Well, I really like the pokédex style and maps, it's looking pretty good!
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:37 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Everything else is good but man the trainer sprites, not giving credit. This is a poorly planned project big time.
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

I now totally support this game, I understand what he did, and I apologize for my previous posts.
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:40 AM
phoenixprime88b5

This post is now changed due to old screenshots... any new screenshots will be at the end of the thread as normal.

Last edited by phoenixprime88b5; February 25th, 2008 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links