The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
superclaw
Pokemon Laon in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavit120 View Post
cool hack dude i may play it soon

~xavit~
Pokemon Raptor is not a hack
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

@ xavit: You've posted that same exact message in 3 threads so far; if I see that message again, I'm having you reported to a mod for spamming.

Anyway, there's still some major lag around Duskduke & Route 16.........in speaking of said route, I came across a NPC that says my character was the 5th person that beat him in one day.......even though I haven't battled him at all.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:51 PM
Esper

This is quite a lot of fun. The only issue I've seen so far are that I get an error message when trying to use Solfboiled outside of battle and that after the episode with Jirachi and the Team Hunter Twins you're left on top of Mt. Rainbow and you need a pokemon that can surf to get out. Glad I had one at the time. Anyways, you're all wonderful people for making this. Thanks.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:39 AM
smashbrawl
Beginning Trainer

Someone else on page 104 had this same issue but nobody responded. When I save the game, it appears to have saved normally, but when I close it out and come back to play later, I have to start a new game. It deletes or corrupts my save I guess? I have this same problem for one other game I've downloaded that uses RMXP, so I think it's an error with that and not this game. And no, I didn't edit anything between playing sessions. The only file of this game I've even touched is the Game.exe file.

Last edited by smashbrawl; December 2nd, 2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
amarj3
Trainer

you are exiting too earlier once you save

when you save, it says save completed, infact it isnt, wait like 2 seconds after the save completed sign is gone, i think you hear a small noise as well, not sure but forgot but i can definitely tell you that you simply need to wait a few seconds after you have saved for it to actually save

first time i did it too quick and lost the game as well, i then tested it and the theory was correct.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

Oh is that it? I have a simular problem.

I save and click on the red X to exit the game.

Then I want to play again so I extract the file again to start up the game.
Now when I do this I have to click on new game again! I just got the third gym badge and now I have to start again!

Could someone explain why this happens?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
You EXTRACT the file? That's your problem. Extract it first before you play it, as it creates a new data file for your save that it needs to have access to.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

I extracted the file but do I have to re-extract it to play again?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Shadez
-

Nature: Relaxed
No, just extract it once and leave it, then play from the extracted folder(so the folder you got from the .rar /.zip file).
If you don't do this it won't save right.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

Okay I did that but now its not opening again when I click it.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
smashbrawl
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by amarj3 View Post
you are exiting too earlier once you save

when you save, it says save completed, infact it isnt, wait like 2 seconds after the save completed sign is gone, i think you hear a small noise as well, not sure but forgot but i can definitely tell you that you simply need to wait a few seconds after you have saved for it to actually save

first time i did it too quick and lost the game as well, i then tested it and the theory was correct.
No, that's not it, because on both games I had saved it, then gone on to do more things, then saved it again later. I'll try the extracting thing, I just read in a bunch of places things like, "This isn't a hack or a ROM, just download it and play it" so I assumed you didn't have to extract it.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika'chu500 View Post
How do I evolve my Graveler? cause don't you have to trade to evolve?
and my Slowpoke to Slowking?
For evolving Graveler, train it until level 35.
For evolving slowpoke to slowking, use WaterStone.

I've made some minor changes on Pokemon data.
Feel free to post question here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I've only played a few minutes so far, but I love what I've seen O.G.! I must say that I'm really proud that something like this could emerge from our little community.

I'll be sure to post with further comments.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic smash down View Post
well i see raptor has finally been posted eh....once i get back to my house, im definitely going to see wat happened to it while i was gone. actually i doubt it will work on this computer but im goin to try and play it.

congrats to the whole team and thank you for letting me be part of this experience.....goes to see if it will work on this computer
It's been a long time.
Glad to see you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitas~ View Post
I think he meant to say Z, because that's what speeds it up for me.

Hmm. I thought the 3rd leader was supposed to train Rock types, not Steel. Good thing my Nidorino is so awesome. BTW, taking my time in this one. Wanna catch all the goodies.
Yeah, Z is the key to speedup the game.
XD
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
phasts: Instead of using Dive from the menu, try pressing A on the dive patch (or vice-versa). This glitch will be fixed in Raptor EX.

Speaking of Raptor EX, it's going pretty well so far. I expect to have it finished within a week.

Oh, and some little teaser support thingies:

Raptor Ball:

Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5359761"][img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3518/raptorexuserbar1.png[/img][/url]
Arceus with all Plates:

Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5359761"][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9515/raptorexuserbar2.png[/img][/url]
Animated Arceus:

Code:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5359761"][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5817/animateduserbar.gif[/img][/url]
Thanks so much, wichu.
You've did a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
Ok, I shall hang onto em, then.

One interesting 'bug' I just found (not threatening, but quite interesting): The tempo for the music for Mercure City changes depending on whether you enter it from Route 4 (slower) or Route 7 (faster). Kinda neat, actually.
Hmm. I'm not sure about that.
At least it doesnt bother the gameplay right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclips View Post
Wichu, could you please tell us around which date you think Raptor EX will be finished??? even guessing when it will be finished would do, as I cant wait to play it
Stay tune for it. We'll release it once we're ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superclaw View Post
[img]i50.tinypic.com/2u9l92c.jpg[/img]

its my hall of fame pic, if its not too late to post it yet, I'm surprised i actually beat it with a gabite, and a completely underlevelled team, and I only used items in between fights. Oh well.
I cant post urls yet, but that address should work.

Btw, thanks for putting that Dusknoir in the haunted museum, it really helped me out in the final few fights, also, are mew, raikou, entei, and rayquaza obtainable in the game?

EDIT: one final note, when travelling by hot air balloon the map of flanova shows another island and another town. Is that a mistake, or something for the EX version?
Congratulation!
Yeah, they are obtainable.
They are all hidden all around the world after you defeat Arceus.
For the last question, I can't get what you mean.

Quote:
Quick question: If the stat-upper vitamins work in EX, does that mean the EV system will be re-implemented? If so, how will it affect my team? Will they have no EVs, or would the game attempt to calculate the ones they should've gotten?

EDIT: Glitch found on Route 12: When you use Surf of the patch of water, you can only do it on the top half section of the water; when you try to Surf on the bottom half section, you hit an 'invisible wall'. You can also Surf on the bridge........

EDIT #2: Major bug found at Route 20: After Surfing on over to this one Trainer, this came up:
Code:
Script error within event 1, map 227 (Route 20):
Section133:112:in `pbTrainerBattle'undefined local variable or method `success' for #<Interpreter:0x42d91f0>
Section028:11:in `pbExecuteScript'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section029:263:in `eval'
Section028:11:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section029:263:in `command_111'
Section028:61:in `execute_command'
Section027:199:in `update'
Section027:113:in `loop'
Section027:204:in `update'
Section038:97:in `update'
Section038:95:in `loop'
Section038:108:in `update'
Section038:64:in `main'
Section038:61:in `loop'
Section038:68:in `main'
Section160:39:in `mainFunction'
Section160:22:in `pbCriticalCode'
Section160:42:in `mainFunction'
Section160:46
Section160:45:in `loop'
Section160:54

Interpreter 2 *:22:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter 3 *:263:in `command_111'
Interpreter 2 *:61:in `execute_command'
Interpreter 1:199:in `update'
Interpreter 1:113:in `loop'
Interpreter 1:204:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `update'
Scene_Map:95:in `loop'
Scene_Map:108:in `update'
Scene_Map:64:in `main'
Scene_Map:61:in `loop'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Main:39:in `mainFunction'
Main:22:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:42:in `mainFunction'
Main:46
Main:45:in `loop'
Main:54
Guessing I'm too early to be over there? (Just completed the Celebi event.)

EDIT #3: I've been noticing some mildly annoying lag in certain spots; first w/ the Deoxys encounter, then Moonview, and now Duskduke.........
Wow. You're really a good "bug" catcher.
XD
Well, hopefully wichu can fix those bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
When I get into the battle with the Ekans that attacks Prof. Oak I get an error log and the game won't continue.
Post your error log here and I'll see.

Quote:
@ xavit: You've posted that same exact message in 3 threads so far; if I see that message again, I'm having you reported to a mod for spamming.

Anyway, there's still some major lag around Duskduke & Route 16.........in speaking of said route, I came across a NPC that says my character was the 5th person that beat him in one day.......even though I haven't battled him at all.
Again. XD
This will be fix in EX version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbrawl View Post
No, that's not it, because on both games I had saved it, then gone on to do more things, then saved it again later. I'll try the extracting thing, I just read in a bunch of places things like, "This isn't a hack or a ROM, just download it and play it" so I assumed you didn't have to extract it.
You'll need to extract it. Then click on the pokeball icon to play. Once you save, a blue data will be created in your folder. That's your savefile.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
As you see, I've submitted my game in Game of the year 2009.
In 2008, I won Game of the month : December 2008.
And Waudy's Pokemon Odyssey won game of the year 2008.
So I've worked so hard for this year.
I aimed to win Game of the Year 2009. So for those who like my game or feel that my game is worth to get Game of the year, please vote me when the voting thread is up.

Thanks in advance~
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:13 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I'm positive you'll win.
Yet still I wish you good luck.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

So to be clear do I have to extract it to a specified folder to play it or firt extract and then extract to a specified folder in order to play it?

(I might sound a little harsh only demanding to know how I schould extract the thing but well thats only because I want to know it! I played until the third gym then saved but it didnt returned and clicking the pokeball item doesnt work either!)

Last edited by Promethean; December 3rd, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
You only have to 'extract to a specified folder'. You have to play it from the new folder, though, not from the RAR archive.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

I did extract to the specified folder but it simply doesnt work for me. Schould I try another site to download the file from?
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
superclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Duke View Post
\

Congratulation!
Yeah, they are obtainable.
They are all hidden all around the world after you defeat Arceus.
For the last question, I can't get what you mean.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = [/center]
well I meant that while travelling on the balloon around Floriva,, on the map there is an island with a town that isnt shown on the regular map.

Also, for those that I mentioned, I've found every single one except those, I would guess that Rayquaza is in Sky Pillar, but I cant seem to return there, and I couldnt find mew, raikou, or entei at all
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
I did extract to the specified folder but it simply doesnt work for me. Should I try another site to download the file from?
It should look like this after extracting.
Spoiler:

Start the game by clicking the "Game" with a Pokeball icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superclaw View Post
well I meant that while travelling on the balloon around Floriva,, on the map there is an island with a town that isnt shown on the regular map.

Also, for those that I mentioned, I've found every single one except those, I would guess that Rayquaza is in Sky Pillar, but I cant seem to return there, and I couldnt find mew, raikou, or entei at all
These are the spoiler of the game:
Spoiler:

I just found a bug. You'll stuck in front of the Pokemon Center of Sootopolis city if you fly there. Since Mew is there, so you won't be able to catch it at the moment.

Raikou is in Route 7. Try to look for somewhere to surf.
Suicune is in Moonview Town. At the bottom of the town.
Entei is in Route 12. Surf up from the bridge.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
superclaw

Quote:

These are the spoiler of the game:
Spoiler:

I just found a bug. You'll stuck in front of the Pokemon Center of Sootopolis city if you fly there. Since Mew is there, so you won't be able to catch it at the moment.

Raikou is in Route 7. Try to look for somewhere to surf.
Suicune is in Moonview Town. At the bottom of the town.
Entei is in Route 12. Surf up from the bridge.
thanks but what about rayquaza?
and, will the rest of hoenn ever be accessible?
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Still trying to catch Deoxys...........well, I did once, but its nature sucked....... >_<
Quote:
Wow. You're really a good "bug" catcher.
XD
Well, hopefully wichu can fix those bug.
Thanks.

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.

Old December 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Tenoralex
Beginning Trainer

I would really like to play this game, but I only have a mac book. Therefor I can not extract the exe format that the game is in. Is it possible for you to save or make it in a format that make it possible to play the game on mac?
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoralex View Post
I would really like to play this game, but I only have a mac book. Therefor I can not extract the exe format that the game is in. Is it possible for you to save or make it in a format that make it possible to play the game on mac?
Not that I know of, but you could try to run the rmxp demo and this game in w.i.n.e..
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Godlytion
Spriter

WOW!!!
What a nice job!!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks OMEGA GROUNDON!!!

Old December 4th, 2009, 11:29 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

There's some definite glitches in Daystraits Port.........

(1) One obviously shouldn't be able to walk over buildings. In this case, the blue-roofed ones on either side of you when you first enter the town, as well as the rightmost side of the Radio Tower.

(2) The guy next door to the building-in-question on the right leads me to believe I SHOULD get Dream Eater from him.....but I don't.

(3) When I Surf over to the S.S. Whatever, I can go 'under' it. Also, when I Surf up and/or right from the ship, the ship's sprite follows me - not in a 'taking off' way, just the whole thing following me. Then, when I Surf up the water across the threshold to Route 16, and then back across to Daystraits, I end up on an invisible patch of land one square wide for some reason (invisible b/c it still LOOKS like a water tile), forcing me to re-use Surf while on water. But said square 'disappears' when I do use Surf again, and I can go over the water like normal.

Old December 5th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Promethean
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
It should look like this after extracting.
I decided to make a visual presentation,

The same thing happens when I extract from the game folder in the winrar.doc
Attached Thumbnails
example.png‎   Example Pkmn Raptor.png‎  

Last edited by Promethean; December 5th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links