The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Gwaponezz
DIE BISSHES!!!

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
I Have 2 Questions

1.WHERE THE HECK ARE THE LEGENDARIES??
2.How Do I get To Torxia League?
Oh Another: Is The Fiery Plate Hidden?

Last edited by Gwaponezz; June 9th, 2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM
radament1
Beginning Trainer

Im stuck after the Deoxys event as well and i saved after the cutscene.
Could someone fix my save file? It doesn't matter if i try to load it on a new version, i still cannot move.

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: rar Game.rar‎ (15.9 KB, 32 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:25 AM
vincanthofred
Beginning Trainer

Can someone tell me how to change the controls?
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
darthfader
Pokemon Trainer RED

Nature: Timid
I've just started playing the game and it's awesome.. :D
Some questions though and I hope someone can answer me.. :D

1. Are there 4th gen attacks in this game? Are the attacks here classified as physical and special like in 4th gen games? Or the physical and special are based on the attack type like in 3rd gen games?

2. How can we obtain 4th gen evolutions of pokemons like electabuzz-electavire; magmar--magmortar? do we need to trade or something? If we can only obtain them by trading, how can we do trades here?

Sorry for the questions.. And I hope you can help me with these.

I' itching to play the game but it's already 4:32 here so I am going to sleep.. LOL
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfader View Post
I've just started playing the game and it's awesome.. :D
Some questions though and I hope someone can answer me.. :D

1. Are there 4th gen attacks in this game? Are the attacks here classified as physical and special like in 4th gen games? Or the physical and special are based on the attack type like in 3rd gen games?

2. How can we obtain 4th gen evolutions of pokemons like electabuzz-electavire; magmar--magmortar? do we need to trade or something? If we can only obtain them by trading, how can we do trades here?

Sorry for the questions.. And I hope you can help me with these.

I' itching to play the game but it's already 4:32 here so I am going to sleep.. LOL
4th generation attacks are indeed programmed into this game; I can tell you firsthand because my Monferno has Nasty Plot. Physical and Special moves are also programmed, although there is no screen to show the difference. I have also tested this myself.

There is a evolution guide in Wichu's profile where you download Pokemon Raptor EX. To answer your question, Electabuzz evolves when traded with a Magnet, and Magmar evolves the same way with Charcoal. There is a process to trading that is explained when you go to the Pokemon Communications Center (Pokemon Center with two floors) in the second gym town. If you need someone to trade with, you can always ask me.

Also, as a note for anyone who used the link that was behind the spoiler tag (15/2/2010): there is a bug that will not let you complete the Deoxys event and will basically stop you from doing anything else in the game. What you have to do is click "The Newest Version" link above the spoiler tag to get the correct version. There needs to be a note of this somewhere, because not many people are realising this and will probably download the bugged version first (myself included).

By the way, the freezing glitch I reported earlier is still in this version. If a frozen Pokemon uses Flame Wheel, it lets them attack but does not remove the condition. I have also noticed that Pursuit doesn't hit switching Pokemon.

EDIT: LOL at the Sun Stone garden! That was exactly what I needed! XD

EDIT #2: Another glitch I just realised: My Monferno had used Fury Swipes on a Carvanha, and it's Rough Skin ability had knocked it out, but it finished it's attack, knocked out Carvanha, and won the battle with 0 HP without fainting in the battle. It still fainted after the battle was over though.

Last edited by Coronation; June 11th, 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:11 AM
roywillow
Beginning Trainer

It's an interesting but also an extremely tough game. :p
I have got all legendary pokemon except Manaphy, how can I get it?
And I solved the four kings myth by myself, but I just wonder what Luminous Shard is used for?
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:14 AM
darthfader
Pokemon Trainer RED

@coronation Thanks for your help! I really find this game so amazing.. :D
Anyways, let us trade some other time, thanks in advance! :D

Another question, how can I get another Mystery Gifts? I only got Celebi.. Thanks again!
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Gwaponezz
DIE BISSHES!!!

Oh Biscuits Somebody Reformated And My save File And D Game Was Deleted Welp Better Start Now!!
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfader View Post
@coronation Thanks for your help! I really find this game so amazing.. :D
Anyways, let us trade some other time, thanks in advance! :D

Another question, how can I get another Mystery Gifts? I only got Celebi.. Thanks again!
How did you even get Celebi? My game keeps freezing when I try to recieve it...
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
How did you even get Celebi? My game keeps freezing when I try to recieve it...
Older versions of the game can't handle genderless Mystery Gift Pokémon (such as Beldum and Celebi). Get the latest version, and complain that bugs like these should really have been fixed before the game was released.
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

I want to ask a question about something I've observed. I'm mining for vitamins in Mastric City for my Togepi and other party members, and I've noticed that they haven't stopped receiving the vitamins yet. I know there's a limit of 100 evs before they stop taking that kind of vitamin, but I'm sure that I've broken the limit already, especially since my other members should already have evs beforehand. Has anyone else realised this, or am I just mistaken?

EDIT: Well, my Togepi hit some ev cap, either for that vitamin or it maxed out it's evs, although i suspect the former.

EDIT #2: It accepted a Carbos when it wouldn't accept another Hp Up, so I assume the cap is there. I could have sworn I've bypassed it though XD

Last edited by Coronation; June 12th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:15 AM
personz5

theres only 1 problem in this game the pokemon r hard 2 raise if u can fix it
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
theres only 1 problem in this game the pokemon r hard 2 raise if u can fix it
Depends which Pokemon you're raising and what you're fighting against, mostly. Pokemon like Azumarill are very easy to raise, and it's one of the best Pokemon on my team (Currently Lv.40) I have to admit though that the starters are indeed very hard to train; my Monferno is struggling on Lv.34, and I had to dump my Lv.29 Bayleef for my Togekiss because it was holding my team back. However, I'm not sure if it like that in the real games or not, since most of my Pokemon have generally lower base stat totals and I can't really compare them.

EDIT: I tried Dive out in a battle with my Azumarill, and if I think it's programmed as a special attack. I'll have to do more testing to verify.

Last edited by Coronation; June 12th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:50 AM
personz5

well only the starters r hard and thats not right cuz in the real games there easy like eating a peice of pie and i also like cuz its more of a chanlenge then the other games

Last edited by personz5; June 12th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Found a glitch:
Taunt does nothing. I used it against defense deoxys, thinking it would try to teleport away, and it proceeded to continually use spikes and snatch on me (both of which are, obviously, non-attacking moves). Fortunately, it didn't know teleport for some reason.

That happened a while ago. I just finished the tree of origin. I'm wondering if there are move tutors in this game, because Sneasel really needs to know ice punch.
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Gwaponezz
DIE BISSHES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Found a glitch:
Taunt does nothing. I used it against defense deoxys, thinking it would try to teleport away, and it proceeded to continually use spikes and snatch on me (both of which are, obviously, non-attacking moves). Fortunately, it didn't know teleport for some reason.

That happened a while ago. I just finished the tree of origin. I'm wondering if there are move tutors in this game, because Sneasel really needs to know ice punch.
I Think Deoxys Doesnt Have Teleport

And No Move Tutors Only Move Relearners
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
personz5

there is a move tutor in this game i found it if there wasnt u wouldnt get a heart scale its in like the place u get the bike at or the 3rd hym badge 1 of those
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Found a glitch:

How did you catch Deoxys-D? I found the normal Deoxys at the Deoxys event in the storyline. Is it random, or can you change it's form?

And also, there are no move tutors, only the move relearner. I'm about to finish the game, currently fighting against Arceus. It's pretty tough though, I only have two Pokemon with multi-hit moves, and I have problems breaking the Sky Plate.

EDIT: I was finally able to knock out Arceus by utilizing the items I had on me, and I got lucky and froze it for 11 turns with Blizzard XD

Last edited by Coronation; June 12th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
glitch: protect can repeat. definitely not supposed to happen haha. got kinda annoying when trying to recatch a burmy after restarting my game and wanting to just get my previous team back
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:43 PM
darthfader
Pokemon Trainer RED

Hi guys! Have some questions again:

1. Is breeding possible in this game? I mean, passing movesets through egg moves etc.? I wanted to make a DD Crawdaunt and cursing Swampert. I think there is a day care in Peakland but I'm not sure if moves can be passed through breeding.

2. If you restart your game, how can you get all your pokemon back from your previous game?

Thanks.. :D

Hi guys! Have some questions again:

1. Is breeding possible in this game? I mean, passing movesets through egg moves etc.? I wanted to make a DD Crawdaunt and cursing Swampert. I think there is a day care in Peakland but I'm not sure if moves can be passed through breeding.

2. If you restart your game, how can you get all your pokemon back from your previous game?

Thanks.. :D

Last edited by darthfader; June 12th, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:11 AM
personz5

peakland u can breed and im pretty the pokemon that ur trying 2 breed will get moves wen it hatches

EDIT:where do u get cut at

Last edited by personz5; June 13th, 2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
glitch: protect can repeat. definitely not supposed to happen haha. got kinda annoying when trying to recatch a burmy after restarting my game and wanting to just get my previous team back
How many times did it repeat? It can technically repeat up to 9 times, although it's practically impossible to do. It usually repeats from 2-3 times though.

Breeding should work perfectly, although I have never tried it. And when you get to Duskduke City, there is a Pal Park that lets you transfer Items and Pokemon to your game, although I'm not sure which versions it would work for.

You get Cut in Mercure City right after beating the Gym Leader, you have to go in one of the houses and talk to his brother. After beating a Gym Leader, you should always check the houses in that town, because you will probably get the TM that you want there.

EDIT: Is it possible to catch the Arceus I knocked out? Or will I see it later? I'm just curious, although it won't matter because I'm not using any legendaries in this game.

Last edited by Coronation; June 13th, 2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:06 AM
personz5

weres a gud place 2 train grotle at cuz hes weak and my zangoose can kill him easyly
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
weres a gud place 2 train grotle at cuz hes weak and my zangoose can kill him easyly
Where are you right now? Maybe between the first and second Gym? It's pretty tough to raise Grass Pokemon early on, especially Starters. Best thing to do is defeat wild pokemon to the left of Mercure city, because I think a lot of Electric types are located there. A better place is to the right of Peakland City; I trained a lot of pokemon there because the wild pokemon are mostly Normal and Fighting types. But that is where you get your third Badge, so it may be too far ahead.
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM
personz5

im at the 4th gym badge i just want a tortera and i want a maganium and a blaziken and a galie but ill w8 for glaie cuz it evloves at lvl 42

EDIT:where should i train swello at

Last edited by personz5; June 13th, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here