Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 8th, 2010 (09:53 PM). Edited October 8th, 2010 by Cakee.

Extremely easy? D: I'm kind of struggling. I just made it to the first city. Picked Torterra then I noticed that most of the stuff in the game is RSE so no physical/special split. Probably gonna box. About that, it is RSE, right?

Another thing, do Gen 4 abilities exist? Currently trying to catch an Aipom which is what i'm struggling with. I caught one with like 7 balls and it didn't have Technician. Reloaded save. Haven't tried again yet. The first one I tried it's Scratch seemed pretty strong so I assumed it had Technician but it got away.

Are running shoes in this game? Ctl+f'd the op and the walk through and found nothing.
Old October 8th, 2010 (10:52 PM).
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote originally posted by Cakee:
Extremely easy? D: I'm kind of struggling. I just made it to the first city. Picked Torterra then I noticed that most of the stuff in the game is RSE so no physical/special split. Probably gonna box. About that, it is RSE, right?

Another thing, do Gen 4 abilities exist? Currently trying to catch an Aipom which is what i'm struggling with. I caught one with like 7 balls and it didn't have Technician. Reloaded save. Haven't tried again yet. The first one I tried it's Scratch seemed pretty strong so I assumed it had Technician but it got away.

Are running shoes in this game? Ctl+f'd the op and the walk through and found nothing.

1) No, 4th Gen mechanics are in, the menu simply uses the Emerald menu format. Same deal with moves, all of them are in this game.

2) Aipom have Run Away and Pickup as abilities. Run Away develops into Technician, while Pickup remains.

3) On the pre-set controls, pressing Shift allows you to run.
Old October 9th, 2010 (09:41 AM).
I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest

Nature: Calm
Just starting playing. It's awsome so for! I like the battle sence, I also like TEAM HUNTER looks. I believe I am gonna play this game for a while.
Old October 9th, 2010 (10:30 AM).

Quote originally posted by Coronation:
You won't really regret it, pretty much all of the legendaries are easy to catch. Palkia and Dialga are insane though, whichever one you don't choose will be extremely hard to catch.
Yeah I agree. I caught most of the legendaries with a few ultra balls. Just needed like 3-5 per legendary
Old October 9th, 2010 (05:00 PM).
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Gwaponezz:
I'm Back! Spent the months finding for manaphy and i found it! i wont tell you where it is..!
Tell us now! :O Pleeeeeeeeease! :D
Old October 10th, 2010 (11:23 AM).
GlitchxCity

Nature: Lax
jesus this game is pretty challenging. Im having a hard time to level up and getting from the "underleveled status"
Old October 10th, 2010 (02:09 PM). Edited October 11th, 2010 by Cakee.

Quote originally posted by GlitchCity:
jesus this game is pretty challenging. Im having a hard time to level up and getting from the "underleveled status"
Same here man. I've already "Game overed" twice now. I restarted the entire game each time :/. I lost so much time. So why bother?

The first time I trained too many. Became underleveled. Second time I didn't train enough and Kingdra owned me. The gym did too more or less. Took a +3 Blaziken to kill Whiscash and Jolteon had to finish it off with Quick Attack.

The challenge is good. Not complaining. If I was it would be about my lack of saving. Which i'll try to do right this time. The whole making you battle Kygore and Groudon in a row was a dick move though . I had to kill Kyogre cause there was no way in hell I was going to be getting that.

As good as this game is I have to say

Spoiler:
Reynold being a bad guy was the most cliche thing i've seen all year.
Seriously. Anyone who didn't see it should feel bad.

Where should I train? I somehow let myself get 20 levels behind. But hey, **** happens. My team is Celebi, Snorlax, Slowbro, Scizor last two slots are filler and not sure what I want to do. I've already restarted twice and I don't plan on doing it again.
Old October 13th, 2010 (05:17 PM).

Thoughts on the game:

As a whole good. The plot sucked though. Mainly because of Ash. Seriously? Ash? That guy who couldn't win a battle without an ass pull once? Why is he in this game. Why is he in 90% of these rom hacks/games? He's garbage. Red is better in every way possible. Not to mention how bad the anime is. Where Pikachus magically defeat Regice.

And what was with his team? They were all fully evolved. Ash doesn't evolve anything. Only thing I remember was Charizard. Snorlax was evolved because Munchlax didn't exist back then. If you're gonna have a ****** character leave his ****** team don't try to patch it up.

And on top of that he's the "strongest Gaia Wings member". What a joke. A bad one. You could have made up a character entirely who's blank as can be and just inserted him in and gave him 5 lines total the entire game and it would have been better.

Even Ash sucks in the game. He says its impossible to beat the three guards. Typical Ash. You know, you had to go through 4 of them in a row oh no 3 people impossible. When you were in the three and the Chaos 16 member was attacking Ash just sat there with his thumb up his ass not know what to do so you jumped in front of him and took control the situation.

This isn't even a review/my opinion. This is just a rant on Ash.

tl;dr Ash ****ing sucks and you should feel bad for putting him in the game.
Old October 15th, 2010 (01:39 PM).
Local Douchebag

Not to be a bother, but is their going to be a version with the 5th gen pokemon in it?
Old October 15th, 2010 (02:47 PM).

Eventually? Probably. Any time soon? I wouldn't think so. I could be completely wrong but it looked like this project started in 2007, and finished in 2010. So it could be a while.
Old October 15th, 2010 (03:38 PM).
Master of everything!

Eventually? Probably. Any time soon? I wouldn't think so. I could be completely wrong but it looked like this project started in 2007, and finished in 2010. So it could be a while.
lol. Wichu has already said he would be implementing gen 5 without the abilities in another release. And dude, the games been out over a year. The EX version of raptor is the one that was released this year....
Old October 15th, 2010 (04:14 PM).

Ok, my issue is that whenever i save the game, when i start it back up my file is gone D: it sucks cause last night i got the second gym. Anybody have a fix for it? D:
Old October 15th, 2010 (05:45 PM).

So what's with the shadow dimension? From what I can tell. When you move, teleporters move, and warp you WHEREEVER. Making it completely luck based which is bs.
Old October 16th, 2010 (07:15 PM).
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote originally posted by deathmage12:
Ok, my issue is that whenever i save the game, when i start it back up my file is gone D: it sucks cause last night i got the second gym. Anybody have a fix for it? D:
When you download Raptor, you have to take all of the components of the download and place them into a single folder in order for it to create rx.data, which contains your save.

So what's with the shadow dimension? From what I can tell. When you move, teleporters move, and warp you WHEREEVER. Making it completely luck based which is bs.
It basically is, you have to constantly save to get where you want. In addition, you need to carry an Escape Rope, because a teleporter on one of the earlier floors can place you in a wall. It doesn't make much sense to enter unless you have the Dark Fragment, which can be obtained in the Cave of Origin, and can be used at the end to get a Raptor Ball. However, you don't need to go into the Dimension if you don't feel like scaling it; you can get the Aura Fragment on Mt. Iris instead (however, you can't get both.)
Old October 16th, 2010 (07:23 PM).

I read a bit about both looking for a guide. But what do each do? I went to both Mt. Iris and the Cave of Origin and they both said "something would appear for a legendary trainer". So I need to beat the Toxica League do get the dark fragment?
Old October 17th, 2010 (12:42 PM).
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Whenever I click download here, it takes me to here. What's wrong?
Old October 17th, 2010 (01:12 PM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by GFA:
Whenever I click download here, it takes me to here. What's wrong?
It's cause you need to click the really tiny writing at the bottom that says "Save file to your PC: click here" they're very crafty when it comes to downloading on there.
Old October 17th, 2010 (02:13 PM).

Quote originally posted by Coronation:
When you download Raptor, you have to take all of the components of the download and place them into a single folder in order for it to create rx.data, which contains your save.
Which are the component? ive tried moving stuff into one folder and it just screws up my game. a vid would help please?
Old October 21st, 2010 (03:08 PM).
Psychic Gym Leader

I read a bit about both looking for a guide. But what do each do? I went to both Mt. Iris and the Cave of Origin and they both said "something would appear for a legendary trainer". So I need to beat the Toxica League do get the dark fragment?
That might be the problem, I never found the Dark Fragment until I beat the Torxia League. I can't verify for sure, but that would probably do the trick.

Quote originally posted by PabloStudioZ:
Which are the component? ive tried moving stuff into one folder and it just screws up my game. a vid would help please?
I can show you what I have in my Raptor Folder. If you have the same components and it's not working, I'm not sure what to do; it might be your computer or something.

Old October 24th, 2010 (03:15 PM).

GREATEST GAME I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! ALL OF THESE ARE YOUR IDEAS!!?? I HAVEN'T STUMBLED INTO ANYONE WHO COULD MAKE A GAME THIS WELL (well, maybe destinedjagold but nothing compared to this)! dude, how old are you???
Old October 25th, 2010 (08:36 AM). Edited October 25th, 2010 by Dark Abyss.

I finally found a Mew! (it was really easy to catch it.only had to use 3 ultra balls). and i STILL havent beaten the torxia league. :p

Any idea what all these lights are that ppl in raptor version are talking about? i found one of those lights in MT. Earthbound. it led to another dimension with lots of items and strong pokemon....weird.
Old October 25th, 2010 (01:40 PM).

waiit, umm, how come there isn't any art in the pokemon attacks???? :/ thts a BIG LETDOWN!
Old October 25th, 2010 (03:05 PM).
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote originally posted by Dark Abyss:
I finally found a Mew! (it was really easy to catch it.only had to use 3 ultra balls). and i STILL havent beaten the torxia league. :p

Any idea what all these lights are that ppl in raptor version are talking about? i found one of those lights in MT. Earthbound. it led to another dimension with lots of items and strong pokemon....weird.
It takes you to the Shadow Dimension, where you can get the Raptor Ball if you go deep enough. However, you need to have the Dark Fragment from the Cave of Origin. Taking this makes the Aura Fragment on top of Mt. Iris dissapear, which prevents you from getting a set Shiny legendary depending on your game.

Quote originally posted by moh1227:
waiit, umm, how come there isn't any art in the pokemon attacks???? :/ thts a BIG LETDOWN!
Move animations aren't in because it takes a long time to make and implement. Imagine having to draw every frame of one animation. Think of it like creating cartoons on TV, the animators have to draw every frame to make it look like its moving. And if anything, it makes battles go by faster, which lets you grind better (you'll need to do that in this game.)
Old October 25th, 2010 (03:22 PM).

will it work with visual boy advance?
Old October 25th, 2010 (03:25 PM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by firequak:
will it work with visual boy advance?
No. It is a standalone exe. file. Which by the way game develop has nothing to do with hacks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links