The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
joranflores
Beginning Trainer

Oh, that sucks, breeding and then EV training is what makes me play pokemon over and over again Will it be implemented in this game in the future?
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Probably not due to the struggle they had when making the game caused them alot of errors and made them just remove it all together.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:43 AM
xLucian
Beginning Trainer

I lost to Team Hunter Leader Isaac and now I can't talk to either Steven or Ash. Also, when I go to the spot where he was before, nothing happens. Am I stuck and have to start over?
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
betterthanyouatspriting
Beginning Trainer

Sorry if someone already asked this but what program do you play it on?
I have vba, but is that the right one?
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanyouatspriting View Post
Sorry if someone already asked this but what program do you play it on?
I have vba, but is that the right one?
Haha, read the forum description then you will notice you don't use emulators for a game made for windows, it's just a standard .exe file.
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:53 AM
betterthanyouatspriting
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Rai View Post
Haha, read the forum description then you will notice you don't use emulators for a game made for windows, it's just a standard .exe file.
Thanks I just realised, but what do I do when it says something about system 32? I'm a little wary because I know what can happen if it's deleted or anything.
EDITdisregard that, figureed it out.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Last edited by betterthanyouatspriting; November 6th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
They really need to update the mystery gift
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote:
Originally Posted by joranflores View Post
Just a question, can you EV train pokemon on this game?
While you can't EV train normally, you can use vitamins to get EVs on your Pokemon. Each vitamin raises the EV total by 20 and so the max amount of EVs you can have is 200/200/200/200/200/200. Think of it like Gen 2's Stat Exp system, which basically let you have 255 on every stat, but the Stat Exp was gained through battles and was much harder to get.
Old November 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

I haven't been here in a while; what's this about B/W additions?

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
GameFortress
Beginning Trainer

There are a lot of things about this game that just don't feel right. It just doesn't play like a real pokemon game. The main characters speed is off, room transitions are off, the format for the music is off and makes the game very large. You've put a lot of work into it, and its pretty nice, but it just seems to need polishing up overall. Some of the dialog seems to be a little lacking, but the text system works nicely :)

Good work though

Game Fortress
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM
ChaosZakkimon
Beginning Trainer

Wonderfully done, people. I remember seeing this a long while back when I was a guest when it was just starting and I love where this have ended. I hope to play it soon.
~Cheers
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Ugh I used the masterball on Darkrai when I should've used it on Arceus.
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchCity View Post
Ugh I used the masterball on Darkrai when I should've used it on Arceus.
Don't feel bad, you can't use Master Balls on Arceus anyway. I actually used my Master Ball on Uxie; it really wasn't smart since it was so easy to catch, but I did get a good one. What you should really save your Master Ball for is for the other Deity Dragon that you don't choose (Dialga/Palkia). I'm pretty sure whichever one you don't choose has the highest catch rate in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFortress View Post
There are a lot of things about this game that just don't feel right. It just doesn't play like a real pokemon game. The main characters speed is off, room transitions are off, the format for the music is off and makes the game very large. You've put a lot of work into it, and its pretty nice, but it just seems to need polishing up overall. Some of the dialog seems to be a little lacking, but the text system works nicely

Good work though

Game Fortress
Hey Game Fortress, are you really the same GF that made Pokemon Twilight? Twilight was actually the first fan-game I've played, and I'm glad you haven't disapeared. :D I thought you stopped working on the game a while ago years ago. Have you updated it recently? I believe the last version I played was v4.1 or something.
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
You can't use masterball on Arceus? And how to get divine type? Light Plate? Am I Aruseusu in the credits? xP

Last edited by Germaniac; November 11th, 2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
You can't use masterball on Arceus? And how to get divine type? Light Plate? Am I Aruseusu in the credits? xP
Nope, the game will prevent you from using a Master Ball on Arceus or any kind of item like X Special (Arceus's shield protects it somehow). Arceus is a Divine type in this game, which I believe has no weaknesses. Judgement is also Divine. It's ability is Plate Shield, which grants it immunity only to the type that the plate its holding represents (Mind Plate grants it a Psychic immunity). The Light Plate can be found where Arceus was after beating/catching it.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Germaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
Nope, the game will prevent you from using a Master Ball on Arceus or any kind of item like X Special (Arceus's shield protects it somehow). Arceus is a Divine type in this game, which I believe has no weaknesses. Judgement is also Divine. It's ability is Plate Shield, which grants it immunity only to the type that the plate its holding represents (Mind Plate grants it a Psychic immunity). The Light Plate can be found where Arceus was after beating/catching it.
So Arceus can't change type by holding plate? Then what Light Plate is used for?
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
So Arceus can't change type by holding plate? Then what Light Plate is used for?
It can change type, Plate Shield is just a bonus so that Spooky Plate Arceus won't be weak to ghost and such. The Light Plate makes Arceus a Normal type and makes it immune to Normal type attacks.
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronation View Post
It can change type, Plate Shield is just a bonus so that Spooky Plate Arceus won't be weak to ghost and such. The Light Plate makes Arceus a Normal type and makes it immune to Normal type attacks.
Can I get type efectiveness of divine type? And what about the shield that appears when battling Arceus? Will it appear if we used Arceus on our side in the battle?
EDIT: Can I use Masterball on Arceus when the shield is broken?
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Tranitar
Working on Pokémon Wraith

Nature: Calm
No, Masterball can not be used to Capture Arceus, When is Wichu gonna put the B/W pokemon on
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Can I get type efectiveness of divine type? And what about the shield that appears when battling Arceus? Will it appear if we used Arceus on our side in the battle?
EDIT: Can I use Masterball on Arceus when the shield is broken?
No, the Divine type has no weaknesses. When fighting Arceus, the shield goes away for a little while when it takes damage, and that can only happen if you break a plate, because the plate corresponding to your attack's type will nullify damage. You cannot use the powers that the Arceus was using during the battle, because you can't get all 17 plates on it at once. To your edit, no, you cannot use the Master Ball on Arceus at any time during the battle. You can still use balls like Ultra Balls though. Arceus is actually easy to catch after it's weakened, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Germaniac

No, I mean like a type chart
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Zerkon
Togepi

Location: A house in a city in a state on this planet in this universe.
Nature: Lonely
Random Question; Did anyone ever figure out what the Luminous Shard is supposed to be used for?

I am psychic, and proud of it!
Kanto:Completed
Johto:Completed
Hoenn:Completed
Sinnoh: 1/8 Badges
Unova:N/A
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Jameska
'Cuz God doesn't take sides.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Jameska
I haven't been able to find that answer either.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Zerkon
Togepi

Location: A house in a city in a state on this planet in this universe.
Nature: Lonely
Yeah, Considering. I looked back A few posts, and this guy says It increases the chances of shinies appearing. This might be true, As I Left The tree of Origin and found a Green Muk there, but I already had met And captured 4 shinies before I had it, so I think the chance of shinies is just higher in general. You'd Think I'd know, Considering I discovered the thing...

I am psychic, and proud of it!
Kanto:Completed
Johto:Completed
Hoenn:Completed
Sinnoh: 1/8 Badges
Unova:N/A
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Jameska
'Cuz God doesn't take sides.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Jameska
Good job at being resourceful, alot of us will appreciate it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links