The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2007, 04:48 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
o~kay... More like a flashback or a little cut-scene about the rival, or am I right..?
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Zowayix
hi

why did you choose to put all the attacks and item names into lowercase? Is this an idea from D/P?
(not complaining, just wanted to ask)
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
why did you choose to put all the attacks and item names into lowercase? Is this an idea from D/P?
(not complaining, just wanted to ask)
I was going to do that aswell, but I haven't found a day where I can just sit and work with a hex editor all day. I like the lowecase letters, The uppercase letters, in my opinion, was one the worst parts about the Pokemon games.
Old October 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the hack, but is it alright if I use your idea to use CSS in the first post of my hack?
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
No.

By the way, these maps have been shown on the website for a while now, but in case any of you can't get to it or haven't seen it...

This is Rijon's state library. Whatever happens here is what you'll have to find out.
Attached Images
File Type: png library1revised.png‎ (16.4 KB, 75 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png library2.png‎ (7.3 KB, 61 views) (Save to Dropbox)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 27th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Wow, that's a little harsh, well anyways, the library looks nice, so are you meaning that anything that happens in the game shows up in the books at the library?
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Geovanni
Giovanni's Eviler Twin

giovanni
great start finally a game with decency.

Last edited by Geovanni; October 27th, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:36 AM
joshkall
[text here]

why would you make a remake of a hack ??????????????
i would stop making it
Old October 28th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Senerio
Realist, not idealist

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkall View Post
why would you make a remake of a hack ??????????????
i would stop making it
Mr. Punctuation overuser, why don't you take the time to read for information on the first post before you make your stupid grossly uninformed post. It is not remake, as it's clearly been stated:
Quote:
rijonAdventures is set in the region of Rijon, which was first created in Pokémon Brown. It sits 20 years chronologically from the time of Brown.
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senerio View Post
Mr. Punctuation overuser, why don't you take the time to read for information on the first post before you make your stupid grossly uninformed post. It is not remake, as it's clearly been stated:
Hes just another newbie trying to get his post count up by replying to every hack with nothing intelligent to say. And then they disappear the next day. I'm getting REALLY tired of those kinds of users.

Anyway, Hiroshi knows what he's doing.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Satoshi Sugimori
Hermit

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Satoshi Sugimori
This really looks good...
I wish you good luck with your hack,
and can't wait to play the whole game..
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
RedAsh#1
Co. Owner and Pokemon Master

Looks good. I hope you finish the game.
Old October 28th, 2007, 05:07 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
No.

By the way, these maps have been shown on the website for a while now, but in case any of you can't get to it or haven't seen it...

This is Rijon's state library. Whatever happens here is what you'll have to find out.
Was they Library Idea based off of Diamond and Pearl's in Canalave City?

My X/Y Team:

Old October 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

So every idea has to come from that game now? Pft.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Shadowz
Among the Shadowz...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowz Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowz
Quote:
So every idea has to come from that game now? Pft.
Lolz yup then people will (Steal) Remake your game and (Eat it), Lol but really i hope you keep going with this (Stolen) Hack

-Amso-

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

(It's stolen now, you prat?) ;3

That's Our Switch.
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Shadowz
Among the Shadowz...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowz Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowz
Quote:
(It's stolen now, you prat?) ;3
But really this is a truly magnificent Stolen Hack :3

-Amso-

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amso View Post
Lolz yup then people will (Steal) Remake your game and (Eat it), Lol but really i hope you keep going with this (Stolen) Hack

-Amso-
Them there is fightin' words. And trust me, most people will side up with Hiroshi, him being a administrator. Maybe you forgot.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Shadowz
Among the Shadowz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har D Har View Post
Them there is fightin' words. And trust me, most people will side up with Hiroshi, him being a administrator. Maybe you forgot.
Dude don't you get it, it's a Joke, Maybe i'm bad at making Jokes *cries off*

-Amso-

Old October 29th, 2007, 07:02 AM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Sorry i was just asking, Oh well it sounds like a cool Idea.

My X/Y Team:

Old November 6th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Klingon
Booted out - don't be like me!

*Shot*. I'm stunned; look at this hack; look at the maps.
They are very stunning. By that; it feels like Nintendo made it yes; that is true 8D.
Don't worry about the gfx yet; do that at teh end; I'm going to sit here and wait for more news8D.
(I should play the beta, but nah)
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har D Har View Post
The fact people would actually do that because of my position actually sounds scary. Don't worry, I've taken it as a joke for the entire time. XD;

And while my brother (!!!) beta tests (!!!!!!!!!!) behind my back ("Anthony, Ponyta shouldn't be able to use Rock Slide!" "Oops,"), I have the chance to test a few major things.

Sorry zel, and sorry to his Mastermind-X friend, but I can't read the tutorial for mapping (because reading text that I don't need to eats my eyes) so I went my own route. D: Since I (well actually, Coolboyman) already did the map, and needed to work on locations, I managed to understand only one snippet of that tutorial and went my own way from there (that'd be… 500+ lines and dozens of images of text gone to waste) because of my insane curiosity. I then created something that might seem funny to some.

So here's the trivia.

Ever turned on your Wii and had a function you couldn't access? Or maybe, you bought a Wii on release, and so you have to put up with the News and Forecast Channels that don't function until you get their "firmware update" which came a month or so later.

Unfortunately for rijonAdventures' case, Rijon's GPS Town Map (Beta), which has frequently received updates extending the coverage of the town map, has NOT received information on one area in particular…

That would be data on the Silph Warehouse on the Botan Outskirts. What could be there? You'll find out soon.

That's Our Switch.
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Well, it's alright that you have followed your own way (or should I say CBMan followed his own way? ), the important thing is having the boring map changed

By the way, does that "No data on this area" was something you thought about after finding one of those "No data" the map tells you when a blue point with no info is selected when using the map? (I guess there's something about it, since you mention your suriosity, maybe that gave you the idea, ah?)

Now, all we need to do is upgrading that firmware, where can we download it from? coolboytendo.com? *joking*

Old November 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, it's alright that you have followed your own way (or should I say CBMan followed his own way? ), the important thing is having the boring map changed

By the way, does that "No data on this area" was something you thought about after finding one of those "No data" the map tells you when a blue point with no info is selected when using the map? (I guess there's something about it, since you mention your suriosity, maybe that gave you the idea, ah?)

Now, all we need to do is upgrading that firmware, where can we download it from? coolboytendo.com? *joking*
Correctomondo! Coolboyman did the map - which has been like this since the first alpha release! I did the town map's pointing data (that's new). And Marc helped me out with locating the player's head (and that was done sometime in 2006).

Actually, that "no data" is here to stay and it's deliberate since I wanted SOMETHING to manipulate. ;o

As the game says, the "Town Map" has checked for new "firmware" and automatically downloaded it - and it STILL doesn't work.

(Which is good, since from the start I planned on doing this for this "Town Map (Beta)" I intended on making a full Johto map [but not an overworld area] and labelling everything with ???. You gotta hate unfinished betas. XD)

Also, since I WAS able to fix the town map, my plans for a new alpha (or is it beta stage now? Who knows.) can finally excel - no longer will trainers be locked to being in Moraga Town, but instead be able to go further!

Well, that's a pretty funny promise.

Attached is a town map. Coolboyman and I need to work out some bizzare errors that he made on it, though.
Attached Images
File Type: png RijonAdv 2_02.png‎ (4.8 KB, 78 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png RijonAdv 2_03.png‎ (5.1 KB, 73 views) (Save to Dropbox)

That's Our Switch.
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Correctomondo! Coolboyman did the map - which has been like this since the first alpha release! I did the town map's pointing data (that's new). And Marc helped me out with locating the player's head (and that was done sometime in 2006).

Actually, that "no data" is here to stay and it's deliberate since I wanted SOMETHING to manipulate. ;o

As the game says, the "Town Map" has checked for new "firmware" and automatically downloaded it - and it STILL doesn't work.

(Which is good, since from the start I planned on doing this for this "Town Map (Beta)" I intended on making a full Johto map [but not an overworld area] and labelling everything with ???. You gotta hate unfinished betas. XD)

Also, since I WAS able to fix the town map, my plans for a new alpha (or is it beta stage now? Who knows.) can finally excel - no longer will trainers be locked to being in Moraga Town, but instead be able to go further!

Well, that's a pretty funny promise.

Attached is a town map. Coolboyman and I need to work out some bizzare errors that he made on it, though.
Nice job there! I'll try to work on the map soon so it won't look such like a flat green piece of crap :p.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links