The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:57 AM
Dogar The Brave
Trainer

heya! Im the guy thats writing The Saga of Blue, Silver, Ruby and Pearl.

This is for me to get input from the readers..

what do you want the characters to do?? what pokemon do you want them to have? would you prefer if there adventure was in Johto?

Just reply on this or send me a PM.. And i promise you all i will read every comment thourghly and it's probable that your ideas will go to the main storyline.. e.g. "I think it would be better if Pearl caught a shuckle."

I will read that and reply to whoever sent it.. before giving it deep thought on whether i should do this..

now.. you have probably read the first two chapters already so im gonna let you guys in on a little secret..

i have a new story.. with the same characters.. it is set to tie in between the end of the Kanto saga and the start of the Johto saga.. and yes.. it will feature legendaries!!

post your comments here please! If no one does, i will start thinkin no one likes my story.. so i'll give up on it..

thanks
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

First of all, you posted two threads here, pretty much asking the same things, so that's a problem. There was no need for two threads.

Quote:
what do you want the characters to do?? what pokemon do you want them to have? would you prefer if there adventure was in Johto?
They're your characters and it's your story, first and foremost. You're writing it for yourself, because you want to read a story about these characters, and no one else had written it, so you wrote it.

If you want the characters to spend three weeks trapped in a grocery store, do so. If you want Pearl to catch a team full of Magikarp, do so. It's your story. If your readers start telling you what to put in your story, then you have permission to tell them to leave plot suggestions at the door when they review, and if they really want to read a story in Johto while yours takes place in Kanto, then they should find another story that takes place in that region, or write their own story.

Quote:
post your comments here please! If no one does, i will start thinkin no one likes my story.. so i'll give up on it..
ACC-M, scythemaster, a few other people, and I are posting on your story. Obviously we care about it. So don't give up because of lack of reviews from other people. Give up on your story when you don't want to write it anymore. I know it's discouraging when you don't think that others are reading your story, but at some point, someone will review.

Which reminds me that you posted a new chapter. I'll get to it later tonight.

Sponsored Links