The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

View Poll Results: Did you like this preview?
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Lornami
Let's share the fruit of fate!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Well, Paul did lose the tournament where Staravia evolved (completely forgot what the tournament was). I don't think it's going to put Paul in the best of moods when he finds out that Ash won against someone who his brother couldn't, and then loses to him as well. Even more if it turns out Brandon is his dad, which I'm supposing is the reason Reiji is there. Paul's turning point where he realises he is "wrong" will probably happen at the league though, but it might be more character development for Ash if he just accepts that Paul has a different training style and Paul keeps it.
I thought Reiji was just there to have some Brotherly Drama. You know how frustrated Shinji was while he was talking about Reiji's loss.
Eh, who knows.

Old May 18th, 2009, 01:36 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS REACH MAXIMUM INTENSITY*]

Nature: Quiet
Ya know, if the anime did epic stuff like this more often, I might actually still watch it.

But the idea of Paul vs Brandon...O_o This might end up being one of the few episodes of DP I end up watching.
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
I want Paul to win and I pray to all things holy they don't make Paul "change" his view about Pokemon training after he loses or something. Ash needs more rival's like Paul, he doesn't need another Gary or Ritchie or Tyson or Morrison. He needs a rival that's the exact opposite of what he is, not someone who shares his views about training and battles. I will dislike the show for quite a bit if Paul sees the "light"

Paul is not Paul is he goes from totally more awesome than Ash Jerk to another, Oh Ash beat me at the league so, now-I've-seen-the-error-of-my-ways-through-the-power-of-Pokemon-Friendship-so-I-must-be-extra-nice-to-my-Pokemon-now-and-change-my-outlook-by-becoming-a-better-trainer.

That's a load of crap. Gary... as much as I liked his cocky old self, his change was fine with, cause its Gary and that's all there is to it, but if they do that to Paul... I think I might die alittle inside, plus Ash is nothing but a damn hypocrite, he'll by criticize Paul's training methods, but then Ash uses similar methods... load of crap is what that is. [/endrant]

But back on topic. Yeah, Paul should totally win XD.
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Starlite
extraterrestrial

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starlite
I can't wait for this show to air. I constantly wonder what Paul said to make Zoey so angry...? D: Maybe he insulted Candice on her battling prowess.:/

I also hope Brandon is Paul's father. 8D Now THAT would make Pokemon anime history. ;]
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
If I'm my logic self, I'd say Shinji'll lose.
Reiji lost to him, while it took Satoshi THREE frigging times to defeat him. And with the Shirona battle, his chance of winning is bleak. Like 1 mm bleak.

If I'm my FANGIRL self, then of course... GO SHINJI~!

So it's 50/50. Who knows? The writers might be nice that day. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinjisLover View Post
Go, Shinji! =3 I hope Shinji wins. But my friend brought this to my attention: Reiji lost to him and Satoshi could only beat him after fighting him three times.

But of course:

Shinji > Satoshi > Reiji

So that makes me even more unsure. All I know is Shinji has some awesome Pokémon.
And that "friend" is ME, right?
And hell yeah about Shinji > Satoshi > Reiji.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Well Paul so far has a kicking team
Nidoking
Ursaring
Hariyama
Electrabuzz
????
????

And this episode is not the fight I want to see but the fact that there is a relation between Jindai and Shinji. Come on father!
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

You forgot one.

Nidoking
Ursaring
Hariyama
Electrabuzz
Magmar
????

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

C'mon DP128, you know we all love you!!!

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Sweet Jasmine
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Jasmine
I Think Brandon is gonna win because of his loving Pokemon
He Trains Well
He Loves his Pokemon
He Respect Them
Go Brandon! >3

-Yasumin >3
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Mitchman

As if Shinji VS Jindai wasn't enough we are getting a whole 2 freaking massive blow up of epicness part battle of Shinji VS Satoshi:
Quote:
http://imepita.jp/20090519/532850

11/6 - DP131 Full Battle! Paul vs Ash!! Part 1
18/6 - DP132 Full Battle! Paul vs Ash!! Part 2

- Battle takes place at Acuity Lake
- Paul uses Magmortar and Ash uses Pikachu
Summer=epic.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Bloody hell...2 episodes for one battle? Not often we get one of those! The only times we've had one of those are where the battle starts near the end of the episode, and it's usually either the league or Grand Festival, but even in those episodes it's rare. I'm trying hard...not to explode with excitement! TOO. MUCH. EPICNESS. I was thinking that they would keep a battle like this for the league, but I suppose the writers are handling Paul much better. Ah, after all these random fillers, it's getting exciting again! Now I feel like I have to keep watching in Japanese again!

I hope this is better than Gary vs Ash in Johto league, the only good part (well, it was *really* good) was Charizard vs Blastoise, the rest were either 1/2HKOs.

I can't wait!
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasumin View Post
I Think Brandon is gonna win because of his loving Pokemon
He Trains Well
He Loves his Pokemon
He Respect Them
Go Brandon! >3

-Yasumin >3
I apologize before hand.

That is an utter load of bullcrap.
Ash loves his Pokemon.
Ash trains well.
Ash respects his Pokemon.
But I don't see him beating Paul. He only beat Paul... what, like once? And that wasn't even a battle, it was a PokeRinger contest. That also doesn't mean he's gonna be able to beat the whole damn Sinnoh League with Pikachu. Just because someone is a good Trainer, does not mean they'll be able to win every thing. Now... As much as I hope Paul will win, there is a heavy chance that he might lose. That's because Brandon's a Frontier Brain, but status means nothing, its all about experience, Brandon has been around long enough and fought enough trainers, to get where he is today that's why his Pokemon are strong. Same goes for the Elite 4 of Ever Region including their Champions.

Last edited by ShadowYashi; May 19th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
Oooh, this is about as exciting as when they announced that Gary would stop being a Pokemon Trainer and wanted to proceed in his grandfather's footsteps to become a Pokemon Researcher :O
And at the end of the Battle Frontier saga he still beat Ash :O Personally though, I think Paul is better than Gary, because Ash did beat Gary, but he's never beaten Paul before :O
As for Brandon, I think he'll beat Paul, but only just.

Did you know that Mewtwo is actually a crossing between Marowak (Cubone's mother from Pokemon Tower) and Mew? O_o
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Unown_
Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned

Hmm, not sure about the outcome of this match. The way I see the preview, it looks like Shinji is loosing his cool in the last part.

Anyway this is indeed an episode to be looking forward to.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
The moment you've all been waiting for, is finally coming to the anime. In a two-parter at Lake Acuity, Paul will fight off against Ash's Pikachu with his newly evolved Magmortar. This is all we know. It will be a full-fledged battle, not those small skirmishes we've seen in the past.

Oh, and I'm calling it right now: Chimchar will become a Monferno. It is perfect timing. I assume Paul is in disbelief (to put it mildly) that Ash managed to beat Brandon, and he may be in more shock when he sees his previously owned Chimchar becomes a Monferno right in front of his eyes--but with his rival instead.

Seriously, no place is better than now. The timing is so right.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Mitchman

I love this. The only complaint I have though is that another Pokemon of Ash's will yet again fall under evolution by Paul. As long as its not Honchkrow I'm happy.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Alxprit
Beginning Trainer

From the title, looks like it'll be a six on six. That's a rarity in the anime, huh? I'm definitely looking forward to it, even if it's only coming up in Japan.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Lana.
*spin*

Nature: Quirky
But... where does that leave that fated battle in the Sinnoh League? Don't get me wrong, this is going to be epic, but it was supposed to happen in the semifinals or something, just to up the tension.

But, anyways. I do think it would be an excellent time for Chimchar to evolve--maybe fighting Ursaring, even

I'm also thinking that somehow Grotle will be going up against Torterra at some point. And then maybe Staraptor and Honchkrow can have a real battle...

Oh this is going to be so awesome. =3

EDIT: *just looked at Bulbapedia* And it's two parts! 8DD
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Jmath
*blank*

Send a message via Skype™ to Jmath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxprit View Post
From the title, looks like it'll be a six on six. That's a rarity in the anime, huh? I'm definitely looking forward to it, even if it's only coming up in Japan.
If you're talking about rival battles, then yes, this is a first. There are 6-on-6 matches all the time in the leagues.
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Nature: Adamant
This will be interesting. A 6-on-6 battle. I would be willing to see this when the dub airs.
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:13 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
As much as I oppose this idea, it reeks of Chimchar evolving. And reeks is an understatement; it horribly exudes the stench of it.

What I do hope, however, is that the battle is not entirely centered around Chimchar. I'm sick to death of rampant Charizard fanboys raging over Chimchar being unevolved, and centering the entire battle around it seems stupid IMO.

I wonder what six Pokemon Paul will use. My guess:

-Torterra vs. Grotle
-Gliscor vs. Gliscor
-Magmortar vs. Pikachu
-Ursaring vs. Chimchar / Monferno (if it happens, which it likely will)
-Honchkrow vs. Staraptor
-Electabuzz vs. Buizel? (It's the only battle left )

From the looks of things, Ash seems to have a clear disadvantage in most cases. However, it'll be interesting to see how Grotle and Torterra battle it out, and how Ash's Gliscor feels about getting revenge on Paul's. Magmortar vs. Pikachu is a bit odd, admittedly, but hey, it's what we were told. (Maybe it'll evolve in the episode where Looker is introduced? ) Honchy probably wants revenge on Staraptor, and the most logical idea is to have Chimchar get revenge on Ursaring; the only other option would be to swap the places of it and Electabuzz in order to create neutral type matchups.

But if the entire episode's about Chimchar, bricks of rage will be shat.
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
ohmygod, I can't wait to see this.

As soon as the Japanese airs, I'm youtubing it later that day.

6 on 6, and not some little, 5-minute-match will be awesome. ; ;

I agree on the 'Chimchar is going to evolve' bit. I can see it happening, and Shinji will definitely not be amused. xD;
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Artemis
i'm no goddess

This will be completely epic, and yes it'll be the best timing for Chimchar to evolve. I too doubt that Paul will be too thrilled about Chimchar evolving [if it were to ahppen] but still, I'm hoping Chimchar will hold up his Blaze ability this time [if this were too occur as well...lol]

A two-parter, now no one better mess up this battle, especially Team Rocket.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

I LOVE YOU.

Boo, this takes place during my exams? Oh well, I'll watch later. *sobs because she can't see battle RIGHT after it airs*

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

(ShinjisLover will love this. So will I.)

I WILL NOT ALLOW TEAM ROCKET INTERUPT THIS EPIC BATTLE. >:(
AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO WATCH IT RIGHT AFTER IT AIRS, CUZ I HAVE EXAMS AT THAT TIME. BOOOO~! D:<

About time they did a full battle. Just HOW many times do they actually battle 3 vs 3, or 1 vs 1?! In fact, will Takeshi be referee this time?

...Wait, what? Lake Acuity? Will Uxie appear too?

Last edited by Azumi; May 19th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links