Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

View Poll Results: Did you like this preview?
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2008 (04:30 AM).
Furanty
神の右手

Send a message via ICQ to Furanty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Furanty
The next two episodes on Japan are very nostalgic. In the first appears an shiny Pudox and Jessy's Pudox fells in love with the shiny one, simliar to Ash's Smettbo and the pink one.
The second episode which comes shows Pikachu who loses a battle against a Raichu.

On the German Website www.filb.de are preview videos to each episode. Here's the link to episode 73 and 74.

Old March 24th, 2008 (05:36 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
If Pikachu does evolve, the logo of Pokemon would have to change to brown -.-

The writers wouldn't do something that dramatic, that would call for major copyrighting, which costs some money.
Old March 24th, 2008 (05:38 AM).
THIRTY-SIX
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by Heatran:
If Pikachu does evolve, the logo of Pokemon would have to change to brown -.-

The writers wouldn't do something that dramatic, that would call for major copyrighting, which costs some money.
So where does the blue in the logo come from?
Old March 24th, 2008 (05:42 AM).
Seliana
Mrs Popo

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Seliana Send a message via Yahoo to Seliana
Quote originally posted by menace64:
If Pikachu evolves into Raichu, Ash must then evolve into Smash... a much bigger, more intimidating perpetually-ten-year-old boy. In that way, Raichu could still perch on a shoulder and look cuddly.
Dude, you just won the Interweb.

Anyway, I agree with what's been said about Pikachu evolving to shake things up. Pokemon these days is ridiculous (they should have ended it in Hoenn); constantly using the same old, same old plots, half the time there's NO character development and though they've come up with some darn good plot ideas in the past from what I've heard, they ALWAYS scrap them for fear that "shaking" the fandom up will lose them fans (though they don't seem to realise they're losing it by constantly repeating and not letting Pokemon end gracefully)

Pikachu won't evolve. As great and different as it would be, they won't do it.

As for Raichu sitting on a shoulder...well it COULD happen...just not if you're a midget. (Like me ;>)
Old March 24th, 2008 (05:50 AM).
Tina9340
Beginning Trainer

I think it would be pretty screwed up if Pikachu evolved. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. Hopefully, they won't.
Old March 24th, 2008 (05:54 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hm... If PIKACHU does evolve, then there's a higher chance that we can now see new plots and ideas in the series... Team Rocket's Jessie and James might lose interest and go back to Kanto. That's a start... :D

But still, Raichu's pretty ugly... No offence to anyone who likes Raichu though... Sorry...
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old March 24th, 2008 (06:23 AM).
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Furanty:
The next two episodes on Japan are very nostalgic. In the first appears an shiny Pudox and Jessy's Pudox fells in love with the shiny one, simliar to Ash's Smettbo and the pink one.
The second episode which comes shows Pikachu who loses a battle against a Raichu.

On the German Website www.filb.de are preview videos to each episode. Here's the link to episode 73 and 74.
Saw the preview and the look on pikachu's face says I'm going tograb thatrock and suprise ash as a Rauchuss
Old March 24th, 2008 (07:31 AM).
Unown_
Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned

People, there is already a thread to discuss future Japanese episode titles. No need to make new threads.

* Merges thread *
Old March 24th, 2008 (09:24 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
DP76:「レストラン七つ星!タッグバトルでフルコース!!」
Restaurant Seven Stars! Tag Battles for a Full-course Meal!!

Air date: 24 April

Summary: Ash & co. have a reunion with their old friend, May, who is going to attend the Contest to be held by Wallace. They decide to have lunch in a well-known restaurant nearby, however the owner of the restaurant, who has a crush on Pokemon battles, says that only the winners of the tag battles can enjoy the full-course meal. Thus Ash & Brock are partnered; so are Dawn & May.

It was confirmed to be the new title.
Old March 24th, 2008 (12:36 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Akio123:

Summary: Ash & co. have a reunion with their old friend, May, who is going to attend the Contest to be held by Wallace. They decide to have lunch in a well-known restaurant nearby, however the owner of the restaurant, who has a crush on Pokemon battles, says that only the winners of the tag battles can enjoy the full-course meal. Thus Ash & Brock are partnered; so are Dawn & May.

Do my eyes decieve me? MAY!? Yay! This is going to be the only episode I watch in Japanese before dub, I cannot wait! It's in half-term yay! Anyway, I think its obvious that May (and Dawn) are going to win but yay May! I wonder if she's going to wear her Emerald clothes!? It would be so cool to see it in the anime! Yay May!
Old March 24th, 2008 (12:42 PM).
Fiery Dash

I want to see May and Dawn battle!! But.. what is she doing in Sinnoh... Isn't she suppose in Johto?
Old March 24th, 2008 (01:07 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote originally posted by mr_avalanche:
I want to see May and Dawn battle!! But.. what is she doing in Sinnoh... Isn't she suppose in Johto?
Yeah, but think about it they finished Battle Frontier in like 60 episodes, take away all the fillers in about 70 she could have finished up in Johto (this is only in theory however).
Old March 24th, 2008 (05:51 PM).
RocketCow
Catch me if you can <3

Location: This World, Earth, Australia, Melbourne, Springvale, My house, My room
Also, Azurill has evolved in this episode, just to let you know.

Beautiful anime we have here eh?
I'M ONLY 9! YEAR 4, MAY 1ST!
Old March 24th, 2008 (06:40 PM).
Miss Reyna
Happiness~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Miss Reyna
Quote originally posted by Akio123:

WOW!!!! That is something since really after all the times they had the chance to hint that May even existed they do it like now! SU!!! That is a long time!!

Well as in May being in Sinnoh. Maybe she is taking a break from Jotho to come to this contest kinda like how Misty came to visit Ash in Hoenn.

♪And live on to make others happy♪
♪Fellow HCSC: Midori Chi and Pink Tiger♪

Old March 24th, 2008 (07:13 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Quote originally posted by Miss Reyna:
WOW!!!! That is something since really after all the times they had the chance to hint that May even existed they do it like now! SU!!! That is a long time!!

Well as in May being in Sinnoh. Maybe she is taking a break from Jotho to come to this contest kinda like how Misty came to visit Ash in Hoenn.
I have lots to say, but this earns a new thread outright. I think the May return earns a separate thread. I'll make it.
Old March 24th, 2008 (09:01 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote originally posted by RocketCow:
Also, Azurill has evolved in this episode, just to let you know.
And what basis do you have for this?
Old March 25th, 2008 (05:41 PM).
lalalagirl
Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~

OMG i'm so going to watch that episode >:D!! Harukaaaa <33 i've missed her so much T.T I wonder what Hikari will think... she'll probably be all impressed by Haruka and idol her XD

Oldrivalshipping FTW~!

Check out my fanfics~! <--- Link Here
Spoiler:

Old March 26th, 2008 (01:58 PM).
Fiery Dash

Quote originally posted by lalalagirl:
OMG i'm so going to watch that episode >:D!! Harukaaaa <33 i've missed her so much T.T I wonder what Hikari will think... she'll probably be all impressed by Haruka and idol her XD
That's what I think too. Dawn's really fortunate, after meeting Wallace then May. I'm sure Dawn will be strong in Contests, cause they inspired her. Gambade ne Hikari-san!!
Old April 9th, 2008 (03:50 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

May 8th:
DP077: Everyone's A Rival! Wallace Cup!
Ash and his friends have arrived at the Lake Resort where the Wallace Cup will take place. They reunite with Zoey who has caught a Finneon. Dawn becomes nervous and has trouble keeping her composure. Meanwhile, May decides to enter with Wartortle, and Ash with Buizel...!

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation: Kunihiko Natsume / Masaaki Iwane

DP078: Fierce Battles! Everyone's Respective Rival!
After everyone has safely passed the first round of the Wallace Cup, the group returns to their hotel at the Lake Resort and talks about their respective journeys. Afterwards, Ash takes a walk near the lake with Pikachu when suddenly, something in the center of the lake begins to glow, and the shadow of a creature emerges. However, when Ash tries to approach it, the shadow disappears again.
After this strange experience, Ash returns to the hotel and talks to Dawn and the others about the legend revolving around the lake.
The next day, the second round of the Wallace Cup begins...

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation: Kouichi Taguchi / Kazue Kinoshita
Old April 9th, 2008 (04:42 PM).
Kyoru
Beginning Trainer

Is there a place to watch the japanese one with subs? :\ PM me about it if its allowed. I so can't wait for CN. They are wayyy too slow. I don't really like May much rawrs lol Still don't like how she ditched Ash. She could of took part of his adventure in Sinnoh.
Old April 14th, 2008 (01:45 PM).
solopy567
Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!

Episode 547 of the series (Courtesy of serebii)

Episode 547: Decisive Match! Dawn VS May!
Old April 23rd, 2008 (11:09 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Serebii.net dropped two titles for the end of May.

Episode 548: Wallace Cup Final! VS Yanmega! (5/22)

Episode 549: Mamoswine and the Pedometre (5/29)

Whoo.
Old April 24th, 2008 (11:39 AM).
Hydross
wrOOOm

Quote originally posted by Charaxes:
Serebii.net dropped two titles for the end of May.

Episode 548: Wallace Cup Final! VS Yanmega! (5/22)

Episode 549: Mamoswine and the Pedometre (5/29)

Whoo.
Fake.

The new titles are:
548: Yanma! The Capture Operation
549: The Glowing/Schorching/Burning Chimchar

(It has been confirmed on the japanese boards that the titles were fake)
Old April 25th, 2008 (05:02 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote originally posted by Hydross:
Fake.

The new titles are:
548: Yanma! The Capture Operation
549: The Glowing/Schorching/Burning Chimchar

(It has been confirmed on the japanese boards that the titles were fake)
"ZOMG and oh, NoEz! I WERE TRICK-ED!!!"

Seriously, though, it was bound to happen, eventually. Thanks for catching this.

And does Chimchar have a rash with all the Glowing/Schorching/Burning? Heh.
Old May 9th, 2008 (10:33 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

(Japanese: ノモセ大湿原のグレッグル祭り!? The Gureggru Festival of the Nomose Great Marsh!?) is the 82th episode of Diamond & Pearl. It is scheduled to air in Japan on June 5, 2008 .
Ash and his friends have arrived in Pastoria City and head to the Gym. The Gym Leader, Wake, comes out but denies Ash's request for a Gym Battle because of an urgent matter. The group decides to accompany him instead and follow him onto a train. Where are they heading?

SOurce Bulbapedia

Sponsored Links