The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Hello, I worked on this hack for weeks. Anyways, when I was making this, I was working on adding Bulbasaur and stuff, but I ran into difficulties, especially when editing trainer battles and trying to add in the Jesse & James battle. Anyways, I don't remember why I stopped.
I originally had all of my notes on hacking written down on several papers that seemed to disappear. And it became quite obvious that I wouldn't be able add in the Pikachu following you thing that everyone wanted. Even though some people didn't care about that.
But, for a while now, I archived all of my files for hacking and I can't work on it anymore because of lack of hard drive space. I'm really sorry.
As for map editing, this didn't need the map to be edited very much, because it's a remake of Pokémon Yellow if you even know what that is.
And you people who complain may be too noobish to notice, but I edited up to pewter city and I edited all of the trainer battles and wild pokémon including Brock up to that point.
I couldn't fix the start where Oak catches the Pikachu either which was another barrier. But, the guy who made Shiny Gold never gave up, maybe I should have been more like him.
Anyways, you guys should stop complaining, I don't see anyone who can hack this as well as I could and anyone who could do it grammatically correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Don't post hacks you've only worked about 30 minutes or 2 hours on. This is a waste.
You're a jerk. :/
(View the other two threads where this originated.)

<Download Pokémon Lightning Yellow beta here>
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
hmm...i see, im using ur patch on my hack atm, il try and show u some updates if u like?
especially if i figure out the pikachu catching thing in the beggining

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
You're a jerk. :/
No, I'm right. All you did was:

A: Change the title screen
B: Change what Pokemon you and Gary get at the start
C: Changed the script where you meet Oak and when you attempt to get the Eevee
D: Changed some text
E: Changed trainer battles.

Also, this is a hack SHOWCASE forum, not a place to advertise for people to work on a hack. People can criticize on your hack if they want to and it doesn't make them a "jerk".

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter

Last edited by Coolboyman; November 23rd, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
No, I'm right. All you did was:

A: Change the title screen
B: Change what Pokemon you and Gary get at the start
C: Changed the script where you meet Oak and when you attempt to get the Eevee
D: Changed some text
E: Changed trainer battles.

Also, this is a hack SHOWCASE forum, not a place to advertise for people to work on a hack. People can criticize on your hack if they want to and it doesn't make them a "jerk".
You don't know how to do all those things and you missed quite a few other things I did. I edited the movement of the characters; I edited the guy in Viridian that doesn't let you pass him. I edited lots of wild pokémon. I edited the map to make there only be one pokéball on the table. I edited the movement of gary as well as implementing scripts to make everything flow within the story as it's supposed to. I made the old man catch a Pikachu at the start. Added some grass in Pallet Town. In addition to doing heaps of the five things you were smart enough to notice. :/
Regardless of whether you criticize my hack or not, it's my opinion that you don't have to be so rude about it. I don't go into your thread and call your hack 'a waste.'
And you should view the threads mentioned in my first post as well, unless you're too lazy. (At least the first post.)
People want to download and try this hack, so they bug me in PMs, I had to make another thread so people could easily download it. That's the main reason I made this thread. People also ask me all the time if they can finish the hack for me and I really don't care if they finish it, because I stopped ROM hacking years ago. (Which is why I said that.)

Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Don't yell at Red you half brained morons :/

From what I've seen, he's done more than any of you people could, so you have no right to criticize at all.

This thread is for people who keep on PM'ing him for a Download, so just shut up -_-
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Chatot View Post
Don't yell at Red you half brained morons :/

From what I've seen, he's done more than any of you people could, so you have no right to criticize at all.

This thread is for people who keep on PM'ing him for a Download, so just shut up -_-
You people are too damn sensitive, I wasn't yelling.

"You don't know how to do all those things and you missed quite a few other things I did. I edited the movement of the characters; I edited the guy in Viridian that doesn't let you pass him. I edited lots of wild pokémon. I edited the map to make there only be one pokéball on the table. I edited the movement of gary as well as implementing scripts to make everything flow within the story as it's supposed to. I made the old man catch a Pikachu at the start. Added some grass in Pallet Town. In addition to doing heaps of the five things you were smart enough to notice. :/"

And thats all you did, not much work.

And NO I don't see you posting on my hack that it's a waste, because I put much more time into that than this. Calm down and face the facts for the love of god.

Brown:

Twitter
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

You have one problem with your statement...IT ONLY MADE IT TO A BETA

I'm Sorry a beta can't live up to your expectations, but seriously you need to think
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
You have one problem with your statement...IT ONLY MADE IT TO A BETA

I'm Sorry a beta can't live up to your expectations, but seriously you need to think
-GROANS-

"OMG THIS IS A BETA" is the OLDEST excuse I have ever heard when someone wants to defend their beta when it has little to no new content in it. Even betas should have more content than this, hell, even ALPHA's should have more. The fact is, most people could do all of this in a day, and the size of the patch is 4.6kb, which is the smallest I've EVER seen for an advance ROM patch.

You people just don't get it. You people seriously need to think...

Brown:

Twitter
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

I can agree he went a bit far on calling you a jerk for criticizing his project, you have every right to do so.

You can't take it to the degree that you did, looking at your first post, you came off as if you were directly attacking Red himself and not the hack :/
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
I can agree he went a bit far on calling you a jerk for criticizing his project, you have every right to do so.

You can't take it to the degree that you did, looking at your first post, you came off as if you were directly attacking Red himself and not the hack :/
I never insult other people, but I can bash their hack if I want if I have a valid point. Yes, I got upset because of him calling me a jerk because I had a different opinion than him. Not everyone has to LOVE every single hack here.

The fact is, I've been hacking for years, and I know all of the things he has done could of been done in a day (Even though it might take some people a week, and even a weeks worth of work should not belong here). I feel that more effort should of been put into this, even if its just a beta or even if this was labeled an "alpha".

Brown:

Twitter
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

I'm not saying that, but in the future, try to be less...Bashy?

Calmly tell them some things that are wrong, not just stating that the entire game is a flop, and that'll be the end of it.

I suggest just ending this entire discussion, you are ticked off, and Red will probably not apologize for calling you a jerk, which was uncalled for in that right.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
I'm not saying that, but in the future, try to be less...Bashy?

Calmly tell them some things that are wrong, not just stating that the entire game is a flop, and that'll be the end of it.

I suggest just ending this entire discussion, you are ticked off, and Red will probably not apologize for calling you a jerk, which was uncalled for in that right.
and the fact you called me and other people "Half brained morons"

I never said the IDEA was a flop, I'm saying more time should of been put into it before posting even if he's "not working on it anymore".

Brown:

Twitter
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Sorry for calling you a jerk...
Anyways, I was young and stupid back then and I made some mistakes with releasing a beta too soon. And I get too easily sidetracked and bored with it. Well, I hope people enjoy this for what it's worth, I know there's lots of people out there who really want a Yellow Remake, I don't have the moral to complete it.
And how the heck was there supposed to be any original ideas when this was a remake? (I was trying to create an exact remake...)

Old November 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
and the fact you called me and other people "Half brained morons"

I never said the IDEA was a flop, I'm saying more time should of been put into it before posting even if he's "not working on it anymore".
Sorry I called you half brained moron...

I never accused you of calling the IDEA a flop, I said you called the game a flop, which was the entire point of this debate...
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM
theundertaker
Pokemon Phenom

well for anyone who is wanting to finish this, the part where oak catches pikachu, and it shows the old man instead. i think your best bet would to script oak to say what he normally does, then instead of going to the old man part, just have oak say "OAK: Watch out! It's a wild PIKACHU, let me handle this." then have it pause and go "............." then "OAK: Gotcha! Don't worry, I caught the wild PIKACHU."
just thought i'd offer my suggestions
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundertaker View Post
well for anyone who is wanting to finish this, the part where oak catches pikachu, and it shows the old man instead. i think your best bet would to script oak to say what he normally does, then instead of going to the old man part, just have oak say "OAK: Watch out! It's a wild PIKACHU, let me handle this." then have it pause and go "............." then "OAK: Gotcha! Don't worry, I caught the wild PIKACHU."
just thought i'd offer my suggestions
An easier thing to do would change the old man sprite to an Oak backsprite in tile molester.
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

The main problem was being able to change the weedle catching into a Pikachu, no one ever shed light on that...

Old November 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM
NarutoX
Hacking Ninja X

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoX
well this hack looks pretty cool but u need 2 flashin up the tittle screen a bit more

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Perhaps, so.
(I mean, I guess the title screen could be edited a bit more...)
(And, I just figured out how to edit the title screen however I want to.)

Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

i think you should consider picking this back up, it shows a lot of potensial

Old December 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Red
Pokémon Trainer

I've been thinking about many things I may do.
School makes me too tired and preoccupied, though...

Old December 7th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

yeah, i totally understand, but il help out if you decide to continue :)

Old December 7th, 2007, 02:43 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
write down the things you plan on doing for this hack, and then during Christmas vacation, that's the time you'll put all those ideas ya have!

I am wishing you for the best!
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
This is a hack you'd like others to take up? They can PM you for that, since you aren't officially working on the hack anymore. Why's the thread still alive? When someone takes up the job, I'll reopen it officially for you. Otherwise, we get… a messy thread.

To review this thread against the thread requirements, this one also fails validation.

So,
Arbiration result: Thread being closed.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links