Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Aegis
The Savage Nymph

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
[Advanced Generation]
Simple Question & Answer Thread

{Introduction}
Welcome to the Advanced Generation Simple Question & Answer thread! This thread is really freakin' old and has been serving its purpose well. If you need help finding Sableye in Sapphire or if you're lost in the Sevii Islands on FireRed, this is the thread to ask! Just post whatever questions you may have, and someone will come along and answer it for you.

So basically, just post asking whatever question you might have. Other members will come along and give you answers if there is one, and there you go! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the moderator of this section.

{Rules}

→ This thread is for asking simple questions about any of the Advanced Generation games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen). If you have a question about any of the other games, check out their own respective forums.

→ Before posting in here, please check Google, Bulbapedia, or Serebii. It will be a lot faster.

→ All of the PokéCommunity rules apply to this thread~

→ All of the General Pokemon Gaming Discussion rules are in tact as well.

→ Do not make a post asking why people haven't answered your question. Give it time, eventually somebody will come along and answer it.

→ This is not a help thread for hacks or for giving out Action Replay/Gameshark codes! If someone asks for them, point them to Emulation or Google. Or an LP on YouTube.

{Announcements}

April 25, 2011
lol hay aegis i c wut u did thar the otha day!11!1 lmao (Also I updated this with more coherent rules and updated links and ponies and Christmas decorations. I hope you like it! ...What IS this here for anyway?)

April 19 2011
Kind of surprised this is still here. Wonder if anybody will notice I put another announcement here haha. (What was the point of this anyway?)
December 28 2008
The thread is finally started! After what... a month of putting off writing it up? In the end it actually didn't take as long as I though, I just nabbed the code I used off the Pokemon claim thread, keke. The announcements here will mainly be used for if I decide to update the rules, and that's about it.

... I hope somebody gets the color references here. Red for Ruby, blue for Sapphire... :[ (moderator note: Nope, this is obviously for Red and Blue. You have failed us in color coding! And where's Emerald? SO RUDE.)

Orginally written by Aegis.

XII. The Savage Nymph
OT3 ☆ Aegis × Lightning × Arcanine
LINKS ☆ LiveJournal x Backloggery x Twitter

Last edited by Sydian; April 25th, 2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: This thing is really old and needed it. lol
Old December 28th, 2008, 10:31 AM
crumpybumpy
Beginning Trainer

Hello--I just bought an Action Replay MAX for GBA/SP and none of the codes work for me on either firered, leafgreen, or ruby...even the ones that come default with the game! In the FAQs I keep seeing that "these codes were designed for Action Replay software version 3"....What version of Action Replay uses this software???
If anyone has used the Action Replay successfully with the codes listed on the gamefaqs.com Action Replay faq

please discuss you experiences here! Thank you!
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:58 AM
UekiFan4
Go Green, And Save The World!!

After defeating Champion Wallace and after the saving during the credits,I immediately turn off the game and guess what? The stupid cartridge said:

"The file has been deleted due to corruption or damage.........The game can be played."

Help! The same thing keeps happening even after 2-3 yrs of playing it and after buying a new and more "legal" copy! When I did the same thing with my Ruby version it didn't delete the file! Help!

Copy & And Paste This To Your Signature I You Agree

I DON'T OWN THIS PIC, I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET AND IT IS COPYRIGHT OF ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

-UekiFan4

Old December 29th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
"The game can be played" means that you have a fake cartridge. Real cartridges would say "The internal battery has run dry. Time-based events will no longer occur, but the game can be played" or something similar; fake carts don't have batteries, so the message was hacked as not to arouse suspicion.

If the game was bought on eBay or Amazon, and the box came flat-packed, it's a fake. Real games never come in flat-packed boxes.
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim
SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)

Location: In a cottage waiting for my mansion over the hilltop!
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
Yeah, if you have a fake cartridge, stuff like that is bound to happen. The best way to play Pokemon games is to have the legal copies and not the stuff that is faked. I know it isn't the funnest way sometimes, but it makes the experience better.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Dusclord
Ganon killer

I thought that the AR MAX was an AR for the Playstation 2 :\

Anyway, are you sure that you activated the mastercode ? If you don't put the mastercode on, nothing will happen, moreover if you try to activate too many codes at the same time the game will start normally.

Sorry for my english, it's sometimes bad.

Old December 30th, 2008, 04:25 AM
UekiFan4

Darn,what do I do now? I wasted 50 bucks on the new cartridge.......

I DON'T OWN THIS PIC, I FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET AND IT IS COPYRIGHT OF ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

-UekiFan4

Old December 30th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim

Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
Not sure, I guess it is a lesson learned.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:17 PM
SixaxiS
Gimp Artist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SixaxiS
Buy a real version in a real store so you know what you're buying (only answer)

Old December 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
dragan1992
Beginning Trainer

how do i Evolve EEVEE into UMBREON
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:10 PM
GKS
Retired Hacker

Nature: Calm
Raise it's happiness to a high point and level up at night. It doesn't work in FireRed or LeafGreen.
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:32 PM
shinyursaring
Message me to play Halo 3.

For FR/LG you must trade it to RS and raise its happiness at night fully, then level up. It will evolve and you can trade it back.

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:13 AM
UekiFan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixaxiS View Post
Buy a real version in a real store so you know what you're buying (only answer)
Don't worry,problem solved,all I had to do was to wait for the credits to end.

-UekiFan4

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
crumpybumpy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusclord View Post
I thought that the AR MAX was an AR for the Playstation 2 :\

Anyway, are you sure that you activated the mastercode ? If you don't put the mastercode on, nothing will happen, moreover if you try to activate too many codes at the same time the game will start normally.
The (m) code is activated by default--you cannot unactivate it. There are multiple versions of AR MAX for the different console games.

I have tried everything with those codes..only one at a time etc...and NOTHING works.
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:12 AM
Dusclord
Ganon killer

Then I really don't know, try to check if the codes are done for you game (for example if they are for japanese games while yours is american or european) but I don't think it's because of that... My Gameshark is only called "Action Replay", and it works with the gameshark v3 codes, maybe your Action Replay Max needs different hex code.

Sorry for my english, it's sometimes bad.

Old January 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Kozoi
Mmmmm.

My game just deleted itself or something, I've not used any cheats before you say "OMFG U CHEET Y U GOT LVL 100 RAYQUAZERRZZ!!1" or something. I'd also like to point out that I have not tampered with the game in any way and it has worked effeciantly in atleast 40 hours of game play.

The problem is it has deleted my file and it keeps saying: "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. -- The game can be played."

I want my save file back, is it gone for good?

If it is I am miffed off since I had my level 100 Mewtwo and my level 100 hoenn starters on there with my Salamence level 85. -.- I think it might of been that I tried to reset the game while going up Sky Pillar for Rayquaza. I was resetting it at the bit you had to zoom past with your bike and then it wouldn't work on the next reload.

Help? Once this has been answered a Mod can close the thread or w/e.

Edit: The FAQ said it may be fake but I am seriously doubting this since my brother bought it off a trusted eBay dealer. The case is dull green, which isnt the standard casing with a none-shiny green label. It has the code AGB-BPEE-USA imprinted below the Pokemon EMERALD VERSION text and it looks real in every way possible.
It is impossible to bob your head back and forth with your mouth open.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
RaikaCastillo
Spark Javelin!!!

Nature: Hasty
Did you buy the game new or did you buy it used? I remember having a Metroid Fusion game I bought used and the files kept deleting themselves. I exchanged it for another copy and it worked just fine then.

Please click to hatch/feed. My profile
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Kozoi
Mmmmm.

I believe it is used but the save file doesn't say the internal battery has ran dry. It also came in a shiny box which looks just like the one shown on google images. I don't think the game itself is fake or the box.

Umm, slightly annoyed about this now. I bought it off eBay so I am expecting no refund from the seller for this broken product.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Squeegee Beckenheim

It is also possible that there may have been a glitch of some kind. But I will break the news to you the easiest way possible... your game is more than likely gone for good. I will admit that it sucks. However, in this day and age, you could easily get those Pokemon back, in a sense, with the GTS.

If it is used, then that can explain a lot.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Kozoi
Mmmmm.

Darn. I IV trained Gardevoir, Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile and Salamence to a certain extent and I traded over my Mewtwo too. Oh well, I guess i'll have to IV train another load of Pokémon later so they have high sp. atk and atk.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
I was wondering where Relicanth is found. I have looked in the underwater parts by Sootopolis and where you find the shards.

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Squeegee Beckenheim

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Relicanth is found rarely on the ocean floor between Lilycove and Mossdeep.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Squeegee Beckenheim

I am sorry about this though. I know how much it must suck. Just a little bit of advice, next time you have a question, use the thread in the stickies of this forum for questions and answers. It helps us avoid spam and keep everything organized.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Incorrect.

Relicanth is found in the underwater grass around Sootopolis.
Brony represent.
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Squeegee Beckenheim

Nope, actually, you are incorrect. I just consulted my library, my PokeDex on Emerald, and a Pokemon information website and you find Relicanth on Underwater Routes 124 & 126.

Use to be "The Hunk"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here